This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Debate #3: Janet vs. James

Topic » Debate #3: Janet vs. James

3683 days 21 hours ago
porschefan101
3683 days 21 hours ago
porschefan101
Janet-
In Pokemon, competitive battle is better than story mode. This statement is true because when you win you get that amazing buzz, you get to feel that adrenaline while you are training your Pokemon so their battle worthy, and you go to be the ultimate Pokemon master!
First reason Pokemon competitive battling is better is when you get that amazing high like you're on top of the world. You feel like you can just go and beat everyone, and it gives you the confidence you need to win and keep on winning.
Secondly, you get to have fun while trying to make your Pokemon battle worthy. You go out and spend quality time with your Pokemon while you train them to be the best you could be. Another thing you get out of this is high level Pokemon who can kick some Pokemon ass! Take Jigglypuff as an example, everyone thinks she is completely useless but really if you take the time to train her well then your competitor will not think I you a a threat because you only have Jigglypuff but really you will dominate in the battle because their off guard!
Lastly, you can battle to get the amazing title of Pokemon master! You compete against all of these people so you can get that top spot in the Pokemon world. Only a select amount of people are even remotely goo enough to get near that spot and of coarse you want to be one of them. Also if you ever were to reach that title you would feel amazing and like the best o the best which will give you the confidence!
This is why Pokemon competitive battling is better than story mode.
3683 days 21 hours ago
Jkjkjk15
*Audience screams* WOO GO JANET!!!!!!!!
3683 days 21 hours ago
Jkjkjk15
lol
3683 days ago
porschefan101
Austin has replaced James

The story is what dragged people in the games in the first place because in the original games competitive battling was hard to do and people just played for the story back then. People love having the satisfaction of completing the game. Beating the elite 4 after collecting all the badges to become the champion is one of the most exciting achievements of the game. Plus you have the regions villains that you just want to beat so badly because there just corrupt and they try and hurt pokemon and people a like to get the things they want. Beating villains gives the player a since of pride that they saved the day. The story never gets stale and it gives interaction with the player itself, competitive battling lacks that aspect which leads to it getting boring. If all people did was battle people constantly then it would get boring doing the same thing. Also Pokemon Battle Revolution which focuses around nothing but competitive battling got one of the lowest ratings as a pokemon game on all major critic sites. That would prove on top of everything that people can't just battle, there has to be other elements as well to attract people's attention to a game. So the story is what mainly contributes to the games selling, while competitive battling not so much.
3683 days ago
porschefan101
You may now post rebuttals
3683 days ago
Jkjkjk15
Yeah they may feel great when they beat the computer controlled players, but it feels 10 times better when you beat an actual person and better yet become one of the top players!
3683 days ago
hinata0014
I wasn't suppose to replace James, I was just giving him ideas
3683 days ago
hinata0014
but then again if JT doesn't post anything then I won't get to argue in the other one anyway
3682 days 23 hours ago
hinata0014
Rebuttal towards Janet's statement.

You get the same amazing high when you beat a gym leader or finally beating the elite or pokemon champion to become the pokemon master and I think it's a bigger deal because it's an accomplishment to beat the game, competitive has no amazing long term accomplishments unlike beating the pokemon and story mode with it, because your honored afterward for actually beating the game and it gives you an amazing high
You do the same thing in story mode. If a gym leaders too tough to beat, you can go out and train your pokemon and spend plenty of time with them while you train them the best they could be, so that point works for either/or. Also for you Jigglypuff point, even if you got it to level 100 and raised it that best way possible, there's no way it'll be able to stand up a fully evolved Charizard whose max base stats will overall be higher then Jigglypuff. Every pokemon has a max and min base stat they can get, and fully evolved pokemon or huge pokemon generally have a higher base stat. You'd have to evolve Jigglypuff to Wigglytuff to even raise it's base stats, but even then Wigglytuff base stats are low, so if you wanna be the best competitive battler then you have to choose the appropriate pokemon to do so.
Your last reason, you technically get the title of pokemon master by beating the game, not other players around the world. Competing for the top spot is extremely hard to do, and most people don't have time for it and the ones who do completely occupy the top spot so no one can have it except those few. So getting the top spot is far fetched for most players anyway.
Again Competitive battling is only a secondary function of the games, you have to complete the entire story mode to unleash the full benefits of competitive battling, if you don't complete the primary task which is the story, then you'll never get to fully experience the secondary experience of competitive battling if you fail to play the story. So the story is more important for the fact that it gives you a great feeling when you beat the game plus the fact it gives you full benefits to competitive battling, while before it only gave some benefits. If people only played for competitive battling, then you'd see few people being used with at low levels. Since you need to collect badges to fully control pokemon at a certain level and you have to complete the game to be able to fully catch all the pokemon in that region, if you don't, then don't expect full benefits of competitive battling. Also most people play for the fun of it as well, not the competitive nature of it. This probably been proven with competitive battling games general doing poorer in the critic department then the main games with a story. I already listed one example in my statement.
3682 days 23 hours ago
Jkjkjk15
R.I.P Janet...
I never actually played Pokemon sooo... Lol
3682 days 22 hours ago
porschefan101
Sean and I both agreed one this one. Again, a guest judge was not necessary. The winner is...

Austin!
3682 days 22 hours ago
hinata0014
okay that's awesome
GJ btw Janet you did fine with not knowing much about pokemon
3682 days 22 hours ago
Jkjkjk15
Thanks!!

open group

King of the Nerds 1

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!