This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 468 Theme Information

Topic » TSC 468 Theme Information

784 days ago
ianfitz0012
It is time for the sequel to one of TSC's most famous contests of all time. Error 404 week? No... Under 25k week? Thank god no... Scrabble week? We wish, it's not wine yet... I'm talking about FILM vs TV week! We last played this about 2 years ago in TSC 392 and it became an instant moment in time, and now Tolis has agreed to let me host this again! Thanks to Tolis and all of the theme's supporters over the years. We were on the right side of history.

Here's the rundown of the rules:

For next week's theme you are required to submit an original song that was CREATED for a MOVIE or TV SHOW (not something random on the soundtrack, but it was specifically MADE for it). Theme songs for TV shows are also permitted assuming they fit eligibility criteria and were made for the show.
- An example of this is "I Want You Back" by the Jackson 5 was on Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack, but this is obviously not what the song was made for or where it premiered.

A couple of rules are being lifted for the week's theme, namely the charting and year of release rules. Therefore, you are permitted to submit a song regardless if it charted or not, no matter the year it was released. Additionally, covers are NOT permitted, and your song must be OVER one minute in length and UNDER five minutes in length.

The artist rule is still in effect but will be operated on a case by case basis (we had 2 songs each from The Greatest Showman and La La Land last time, and while "La La Land cast" might be the artist for them, Ryan Gosling/Emma Stone only sang in one of them, so that would be an exception)

We are not going to cap film vs tv entries on the assumption we are not going to have semis. If that changes, semis will likely be split up randomly, unless we are near even, in which case we would again have Movie and TV semis.

TL;DR
- You must submit a song that was created for a Film or TV show/series/TV movie.
- Regular charting rules do NOT apply.
- Year of release rule does NOT apply.
- The song must be over one minute in length, and under five minutes in length.
- NO COVERS (aka 99% of Glee, or anything that was on broadway first, etc, won't work)
- Music competitive reality shows are not allowed (no American Idol, X Factor debut singles, no kpop reality shows, no eurovision, etc)
- Anything unclear in rules will be decided upon by the hosts

If you have any questions/comments, please ask them here or DM me

And for old time's sake...

784 days ago
ianfitz0012
On a personal note, as much as I love this theme, hosting it took a lot of time and energy.

When submitting, please try to make this as little work for me as possible.

Just do a simple google search to make sure your song fits the requirements, that's all I ask please. A lot of people did not do that last time and it added to my workload. I will still check to make sure people's entries count, but it saves me a lot of time if I don't have to reject one and then check your next entry.
784 days ago
ianfitz0012
If you're having doubts if a song was created for a movie/show or not, if it premiered on there or not is a good indicator.

I am available for any entry questions anytime before the contest too.
783 days 2 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
WHO'S WHO:
Ashley Tisdale & Olivia Olson - Phineas & Ferb
Bob the Builder - Bob the Builder
Christina Milian - Kim Possible
Glee Cast - Glee
Jeff Pescetto - DuckTales
Klariza Clayton - Skins
Lisa Dalbello - Degrassi
Lisa Kudrow - FRIENDS
Liz Gillies & Ariana Grande - Victorious
Lucia Gil & Paula Dalli - La Gira
Meaghan Jette Martin - Camp Rock
Monster High - Monster High
Naomi Scott - Lemonade Mouth
Pink - Ellen
Reid Ewing - Modern Family
Ron Wasserman - Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Roxxi - Bratz: Rock Angelz
Selena Gomez - 13 Reasons Why
The Cheetah Girls - The Cheetah Girls 2

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!