This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Rules must be changed.

Topic » Rules must be changed.

1738 days 14 hours ago
adeleadele
So something completely unfair happened.

So as you all know i do my comments different than other people, i have semifinals, a second chance round, a wildcard round depending on the amount of songs and a final. It's just a fun way to do comments and it motivates me to get them done. It's also fun to share it with you all, and you get to see if you made my final and what not.

So Rick has decided to not let me do those kind of comments, because it reveals too much. But he is allowing the toot and boot system to stay, and i can argue that it reveals just as more than mine.

The rating songs out of 10 and star system i can understand, since it literally reveals your scores, but mine it only reveals a majority of my top 10, but some songs still may get 0 even if they are in my final.

For the time being i think this rule is to put me down and make me feel like less of a member than the others, since other people can do comments how they want even though some reveal as much as mine.

The reason i feel this way is because certain people keep removing me from the group, removing my comments on the songs, removing my comments on the live shows, and removing me from the front page (which i've stopped caring about since what's the point cuz people will keep removing me and will be too much of a pussy to open up about it).

So when i read that a rule specifically made towards me to neglect the way i do my comments of course i'm going to see it as just another way to put me down.

I understand that people may not like me, or not like what i've said but it does not mean you get to treat me like shit and treat me like a less of a person. I have feelings, and i can get emotional online more than others which i don't like to open up about bcuz it will just make my victim image bigger.

So basically what i'm saying is if there are rules being applied, at least make it be not biased and make it fair, and not make rules specifically against someone just bcuz you do not like them. I honestly would've been fine with the rule change, except it's not actually a rule change for anyone, just a rule change against me.

I'm not leaving the group, nor do i want to. But i'm not going to sit down and let people walk all over me, that's not who i am and that's not what i'm gonna do.

I think the hosts should make rules that are actually fair, and actually an educated reason instead of making rules just bcuz of personal vendettas.

Thank you for listening.
1738 days 14 hours ago
Natepresnell
Have you tried singing it acapella
1735 days 19 hours ago
DallasAndrew
I think that your system would be right to be posted just after the results were happening, because that system truly reveals mmost of what is going to happen. They are not just comments about each song which could reveal if they have a chance of getting points or not, it is also a ranking. On another hand, everyones' comment reveals some songs especially if they won't get points, so I can't say that I was ever bothered about your system. But I don't think it's a thing against you, I can understand why the hosts are not agreeing with it, even though I totally don't understand some of the hosts decisions, the last controversial thing being the one when they've cancelled a Beta result (without cancelling the winner though) and effectively never giving an explanation about that.
1735 days 19 hours ago
Patrick319
@Dallas

Someone deleted the beta thread to troll Arek since he was accused of intentionally giving low points to the runner up (Emeli Sandé) so that he could win. Nobody took accountability for it so here we are.

Eoin and I argued that songs/artists in that contest shouldn’t have been eligible for the following BETA contests but other hosts accepted artists/entries that had been used anyways.
I don't even think it was about the results Patrick, I think someone spotted an opportunity to troll Arek plain and simple. That person then realised that others were not supporting their actions and kept quiet. Personally I don't think Emeli Sande should have been entered again as it had its chance and it got 2nd. A win now would be cheap. :p

As for the whole comments thing, I have been vocal in  the skype chat and Hosts chat in saying I don't really seem the harm in these posts. I personally feel like it proves you guys actually listen to the songs in full. But in the Host chat it is generally a democracy and the ban vote did get a majority.
As a happy medium maybe you could get rid of the qualifying direct to the final? Then your points won't be as 'obvious'.
1734 days 23 hours ago
adeleadele
@Dallas i don't think it would be against me, except that the toot/boot system is allowed when it mostly shows where there top 10s is, i think Eoin gave 9 toots, so we know all the songs in his top 9.

I'm ok with not making it obvious, but to do that the way i do it can't be singled out while other just as obvious systems get a pass. I'm hated in the group so i'm on high alert.

Like what Pete said is a good idea, only pick finalists, its kinda like my tier list where like middle tier songs can still often get points cuz they are in a stronger group and such.
1734 days 17 hours ago
Eoin
I don't like the fact, i was viciously attacked. i feel bullied and humiliated

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!