This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Carraid73's 'Tea Time With Shawn'

Topic » Carraid73's 'Tea Time With..

3427 days 21 hours ago
SuitMan13
Official new Q&A sessions with Chris, who will pose questions to me throughout the season, and you'll be able to read my thoughts on what is going on.
3427 days 21 hours ago
SuitMan13
Tea Time With Shawn-Episode One: Season 21

CHRIS: You typed a cryptic post in S21 Discussion along the lines of "Finding an idol? Easy-peasy. Keeping an idol? That can be difficult." Not exaxt quote, but I think you get the idea. This sounds like the person who finds the idol can lose the idol to other players, and THAT sounds controversial. Any further details on this twist, and how you think it'll effect the game?
SHAWN: This twist is something that Timster approached me with a while back and I thought it was perfect for this season. Most of the drama in Season 21 will derive from the relations within the cast and how that affects the players, and because I believe the cast is THAT strong, we're going lighter on the twists. So the way to make things interesting and new is to implement an idol twist, that stresses those relations further. I can't go into details yet, but the quote explains it rather well. Idol paranoia will be rampant, that is for sure.

---Sips Tea---

CHRIS: The season involes duos. That leaves possibilities like Friends vs Favorites, Heroes vs Villains, etc. Those two have already been done in recent memory, so I'd like to assume that these pairs will be sorted differently. Any insight on how the tribes will be divided, and what the overall twist is you'd like to reveal now?
SHAWN: The theme of next season comes directly from a Season 21 season, however we have changed it slightly to create something new and very unique, and changed it's name to reflect that. So it sorta is sorta not the return of a past theme... kinda. The way the tribes are divided is pretty much the same as the last time we did this theme, but the new addition makes it ever so more interesting and dynamic. I can't divulge the them, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow, but the new name for the twist is SOMETHING vs. SOMETHING.

---Eats Crumpets---

CHRIS: You said a large number of this cast would cause controversy. Would you like to elaborate on this chaotic cast before the player reveal?
SHAWN: I absolutely adore this cast I literally think it could trump Reclamation/All-Stars as the best cast of Gen Two. There is so much to explore with these characters and their possibilities. THe controversial thing is that to some it may feel like we are just dumping a load of characters on you to cause drama. There are people here that some or most viewers hate and wish they never saw again. What they need to realise is that is an even more important reason WHY these characters should return and grace our presence once again. On top of that, the new cast cannot be discounted. He have some huge names who have been yet to play in my series and I am stoked they are getting the opportunity to. It's a stellar line up, and I really believe this season will be great just by the pure social aspect and dynamics of the relationships, rather than the twists -- CLASSIC SURVIVOR!
3427 days 21 hours ago
SuitMan13
Tea Time With Shawn-Episode Two: Past Seasons

CHRIS: Second Chances, Jan Mayen, and Bingo vs. Suitman have been part of a long streak of Suitman's best seasons. How does it feel, 45 seasons in, to still get exciting and different seasons every time?
SHAWN: It's honestly the best feeling in the world. When you get this far, particularly now most of the main group game names have played, it becomes difficult to conjure up new ideas and new casts. That is why we are going more returnee-orientated, because we can make great ideas and players out of the people we already have. With this next season, we've taken a past idea and theme that we have already done and said "What made this great?" "What didn't work so well" "What could have made this better?". With that I think we have tweaked it in a new way everyone is gonna love.

---Sips Tea---

CHRIS: The Top 16 picks for new inductees for the Suitman's Hall of Fame were revealed. Do you agree with the picks, and are there any people you think were left off of the list?
SHAWN: I agree with the majority of the picks. They're a great selection of the best of the 2014. There were so many good seasons and good players this year that I think we might have a nailbiting finish. I can certainly say there has been less recency bias with the polls this year, so I'm looking forward to Sunday's ceremony.

---Eats Crumpets---

CHRIS: Do you ever get the urge to rank your 13 best seasons in a series of blogs with detailed analysis? (Hint hint.)
SHAWN: I'm on it like a chocolate rocket*. I'm gunna be working on the rankings full steam after the awards and Christmas are done, and by the time Season 21 wraps up it SHOULD be done and ready to be re-ranked with the season in there somewhere. And if my predictions are right, it could be quite a popular season.

*Editors Note: After hours of pondering, this is believed to mean "fast."
3426 days 15 hours ago
brenelle1120
So I guess I am gone!
3407 days 19 hours ago
Carraid73
-Sips some tea-
3394 days 22 hours ago
Carraid73
Tea Time With Shawn Episode Three: Racism and Tribe Swaps

CHRIS: The season has had a quite eventful start: racism, inactivity, bans, and more bans. How do you feel about the way these events played out, and how they impacted the season.
SHAWN:It's been very dramatic to say the least. We don't support racist comments, and as such Charlie's ban can been seen as appropriate, or indeed not tho those who think it was all a fuss about nothing. We were very clear that we cast this season with the intention of it being dramatic - it has a rivals theme after all. Big characters like Andaib, Mika and Charlie have resulted in this.

CHRIS: Viewers lounge reception has been mixed, partially due to the childish drama and the aforementioned bans. Do you think this season can improve for a majority of the viewers as it goes along?
SHAWN: Very much so. I think the unique thing about this season is that you'll see a little bit of everything for everyone. At the start of the season you have seen the drama unfold between the castaways, so those that like that have been given that. As the big characters start to leave and the tribes get switched and merge, I think we'll see a more ruthless and strategic game emerge for those who prefer that. So as the season evolves, opinion should too.

CHRIS: Has anybody showed you enough to become a standout player yet?
SHAWN: Connor from the Allies tribe seems very with it in terms of gameplay. I'm looking forward to seeing what he shows. Right now everyone has been lying low so the drama can unfold. It will be interesting to see what happens when everyone is forced into making moves.

-Spills Tea-

CHRIS: What can we expect from this season down the road?
SHAWN: A lot more strategy and interesting votes. Tonight we have a long awaited tribe swap, and the mixing of Allies and Adversaries will play into the dynamic we teased a the start of the season. Plus, merge isn't far away and you'll see people stepping up their game to try and win.
3381 days 20 hours ago
Carraid73
Tea Time With Shawn Episode 4: Season Finale

CHRIS: This season had a rocky start, due to some of its explosive characters. Approaching the end, do you like how it all turned out?
SHAWN: Very. It worked out how me and Wyatt thought it would in casting. We did a lot of stunt casting, and that made the pre-merge dramatic - which is something that has really lacked in some seasons. By the time the merge came and most of the explosive characters were gone, we were left with a very strategic bunch of people who, through the way they played the game, spiced up the merge game. So yeah, it's been great. I think this will be remembered as one of the most dramatic seasons.

CHRIS: Are there any competitors in this Final 5 that surprise you?
SHAWN: I'm totally honest, Patrick and Connor are very smart people, which we knew from the get go. Not totally surprised they're here. Charlie and Shadi have made finals before because they're both beatable cuz everyone hates them, so I'm not surprised about them. The one person I AM surprised abut it Gerard. In the past Gerard has been a character, most prominently in the Brunei season, and not one you would predict to win the game. But I don't see a scenario here where he DOESN'T win if he makes finals. He's got the backing of a lot of Jury members and is now a dangerous player. It's a mile better than his disappointing outing in Moral vs. Merciless.

CHRIS: Who do you expect to walk away with the win this season?
SHAWN:'Not Charlie or Shadi. I doubt they're gunna win this. Gerard and Connor are the ones to beat, but people need to watch out for Patrick, because if he makes the final 3 with Charlie and Shadi like he plans, he could most definitely bag a win. It's still all to play for, and I look forward to tonight.

CHRIS: Any juicy plans for S22 you are willing to disclose?
SHAWN: Ah. Next season. My and Wyatt are almost done casting, and we are very sure this is going to live up to the mark that Allies vs. Adversaries has left. I can confirm that it is ALL-RETURNEE, for the first time since Second Chances, with mostly two-timers who haven't had the chance to play again yet. It will have a possibly major pre-merge twist, which is around the theme of temptations and consequences. The cast is shaping up well, and I look forward to it.

open group

Suitman's Reality Hub

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!