This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Week 9 (Semi- Final) judging panel

Topic » Week 9 (Semi- Final) judging..

4183 days 4 hours ago
Leacroft
*girls walk into panel*

Well hello girls and welcome to the first part of your semi finals panel. This week there will be no elimination but just like always there is a panel. By the end of this panel there will be a ranking for each model from 1 to 4. This will be decided because for each photo myself and a special judge will be scoring each photo from 1-10. 
Now this week you all had to not only pose as the beautiful females that you are but you also had to pose as males. In celebration of posing as males I only found it appropriate to have you special judge be a male! Going more in depth he was the first and only male to be in my show let us all welcome back Simon! *Simon walks in and takes a seat at the judges table*
So now that all of that is out of the way let's get on with the panel!
4182 days 14 hours ago
Leacroft
Ray: First up we have Ray! *Ray walks forward* so out of all the girls here you are the one in the stickiest situation. You were in the bottom 4 times already and you cannot afford to give me anything less than a stellar shot, so we're you able to do so? First let's talk about your masculine photoshoot!
http://playedwithfire.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/androgyny2.jpg

This is AMAZING! You really brought the heat on with this picture! I think you are the only one that was brave enough to do a full body shot and because of that I pretty much believe that your photo is the best photo here. It is so easy to just have a model give a guy face and let them call it a day but when everything about a female model breathes male in a photoshoot that is when you are performing to the best of your ability. The pose shows that you are still a girl and so does the shoes, while everything else is guy to the max.

Very good job for your first photo! Now let's move on to your second photo which hopefully is as good as your last one!

http://mimg.sulekha.com/nathalia-kaur/images/event-photos/mallika-nathalia-kaur-angelo-jonsson-shoot-for-gq-magazine/mallika-nathalia-kaur-angelo-jonsson-shoot-for-gq-magazine-stills06.jpg

I like the fact that you were not only able to take the sexy route in this photo but I also like that you were able to excel tremendously also! Your angles are amazing and taking a profile shot was genius as it ads a bit of mystery. Also the leotard that you are wearing is sexy too and the way you are pulling on it can tease a lot of guys! Only thing that could have made this better was if you had a full body shot. Other then that you are 2 for 2 this week!
4182 days 14 hours ago
Leacroft
Grace: next we have Grace! *Grace walks forward* you are fresh off the boat with another top photo making your count 3 top photos while everyone else remains at one. This week you had to be a Guy and a girl, we're you able to do that? Let's see your male photo first! 

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6fo1fRFwW1rzo19yo1_500.jpg

This is an okay photo for me. I mean I can tell you were really trying to go for that male look but for some reason I am still able to see a female in this shot. Putting this photo up beside all of your past photo's in the competition really shows that this photo just does not cut it and alot more was needed from this shot then just a head shot. I don't know I am finding it easier to pick out things that I do not like and I am finding it harder to pick out things I do like.

Here is to hoping that you female photo is able to pick up the slack of your male photo! 

http://www.anlestudio.com/assets/images/bigs/Editorial/Julian_Robaire/julian_robaire_05.jpg

I absolutely love the earthy feel that is being given off in this photoshoot while there is still a such a feminine link to this photo. Females are not always sassy, or sexy or high maintenance in fact a lot of them are like the photo you have just showed me and that is caring, protective and they always have a natural beauty to them that does not need to be covered by a bunch of makeup. Something about the floral print at the bottom of the shot and the way her hands are positioned towards it gives off the illusion of a baby being there and I think that is what you were going for! I absolutely loved this and it makes up for your male photo by a ton.
4182 days 14 hours ago
Leacroft
The next model I am calling forward is Karina! *Karina walks forward* alright Karina last week you were the runner up for top photo, this week were you able to pull off a number one material performance? Let's see starting with your male photo.

http://www.fashionisingpictures.net/photoshoots/100352BrazilMarchAliceDellal4.jpg

Uhhh I do not see anything that has to do with males in this photo... Absolutely nothing. The pose is not manly, the makeup is not manly, the hair is not manly, and the clothing is not manly. A few spikes, a rope and a half shaved head is not exactly depicting male. Matter of fact when I look at this all I see is a punk girl. This to me has to be your worst photo in the competition, and at this point you cannot afford that.

So let's see if you were able to do a bit better with your female photoshoot.

http://www.kineda.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/kate_upton_vogue7.jpg

You have really disappointed me with both photo's this week. I mean I cannot stand here and say that I hate this photo but I don't exactly see any originality in this picture. The thing is that your photo reminds me alot of Ray's feminine photo and though your photos are different in many ways I believe that their are a lot of things that are similar but the only difference is that Ray put emphasis on a lot of things in their photo which resulted in a stellar photo, where as I look at this and you are just a pretty girl standing there. I do see something very flirty in this shot and I must give you credit for that but other than that *shrugs* it was just another let down...
4182 days 14 hours ago
Leacroft
Emmaleigh: and last being called up this week is Emmaleigh! *Emmaleigh walks forward* this season you have improved more then any other model here were you able to show your growth in your pictures? Let's start by looking at your male photo!

http://raredelights.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/DolceGabbana-Male-and-Female-13.jpg

I am on the fence with this one. In some ways this looks like a guy and in other ways this just looks like a girl that is able to effectively pull of nerd chic. Either way it does not hide the fact that the cropping of this photo is horrible and because of that it looks like this photo is missing something very important. 

Let's now move onto your feminine photoshoot.

http://www.pricy-spicy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/dolce-gabbana-rose-the-one-copy.jpg

this is pretty good I can see the femininity in the colors the clothing the hair the makeup and the environment is in but there is one problem. WHICH PHOTO AM I SUPPOST TO BE LOOKING AT. I do not understand how it is possible that someone like yourself that has been in the competition longer then anyone else in its history is making more mistakes then the rookies. Last season I always said do not use photo's that are like the one you just handed in. I also said do not use a picture with multiple people unless asked and you did that earlier on too and I am pretty sure there are more too. It is starting to make me wonder if you are actually listening to my whole entire critique and of so you should also be looking at the other girls critiques so stuff like this would never happen. I do not know what happened this week but after being on an incline for the past few weeks you really have returned to square 1.
4176 days 18 hours ago
Leacroft
Well I am guessing Simon is not going to post his critiques do we will move on...
4176 days 18 hours ago
Leacroft
Based on your cumulative scores from this weeks photoshoot this is the rankings for each of you going into the second part of your semi- finals.

1. Ray
2. Grace
3. Emmaleigh
4. Karina

These placings can easily change in part two of these semi finals so try your hardest whether you are at the top or at the bottom of the list! Good luck for part two!
4176 days 17 hours ago
Tevin1001
omg I totally forgot this was a 2 parter...thank god I have a chance to redeem myself.
4176 days 2 hours ago
raygan94
yeeeeeeeey! 1st!

open group

Lea's Next top model REVAMPED!

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!