This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Week 7 judging panel

Topic » Week 7 judging panel

4196 days 23 hours ago
Leacroft
*models walk into panel*
Well hello models to your first panel here in the Land of the Rising Sun itself! You guys are my final 7 models but after this special double elimination only 5 will remain. So what a week we had this week, I am completely thankful to you guys that are constantly commenting because I do watch what goes on in the house and house activity is extremely important to me as it will help me decide who will win this game in one way or another. You guys also had a vogue Japan photoshoot this week let's see how you guys all did!
4196 days 23 hours ago
Leacroft
Karina: First up we have Karina ! *Karina walks forward* okay Karina so you had your photoshoot with vogue Japan. Vogue Japan is one of my favorite vogue magazines there are so many high fashion spreads in it and it should never be hard to find something to impress me. Let's see how you did

http://celebsvenue.in/images//show.php/49429_karlie-kloss-for-vogue-japan-september-2012-by-mikael-jansson-002.jpg.html

Off the bat I really like the fact that you chose a full body shot as I believe that when you are asked to do a spread that should always be a thing you look for. That being said I cannot exactly say that this models face does wonders for me, she is not exactly showing off her facial features as good as they normally are. I dont know in one way I really like this but then at the same time I don't know if this would exactly be up to par for being in vogue Japan.
4196 days 23 hours ago
Leacroft
Ray: The next model up is Ray! *Ray walks forward* well hello Ray it has been quite a while since you have gotten a top photo were you able to grab it this week?

http://media3.onsugar.com/files/2012/07/31/1/725/7259112/1a2b20d1c2cc4df5_Du_Juan_-_Vogue_China_August_2012_-_10.jpg

This is one of those photo's where if you had a full body shot it will look stunning but the way how it is cropped makes it kind of look awkward. This is a high fashion shot but all in all it is pretty awkward and the main reason is because you are not emoting anything in your eyes. The shape of your eyes are different, they are meant to look fierce off the bat but if you do not try and make it look fierce it will look like this photo and that is very bland and emotionless. This is what frusturates me do much about you at this point of the competition, you are such an amazing model and I know you have knowledge about this industry but I really want a photo where you knock me dead.
4196 days 23 hours ago
Leacroft
Nicki: this next model has a lot to prove this week, we're they able to prove themselves? Nicki you are up *Nicki walks forward* so last time you were at panel I asked you to bring back your personality that you had last season one that was vibrant not only through your photo's but also through your comments in the house. We're you able to do so?

http://www.oneasianworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/du-juan-vogue-sept-2011.jpg

Okay *puts elbows on table and locks. My fingers together* I have officially figured out your problem this season. You are trying hard, you are trying very hard to find these high fashion pictures and it in result makes you seem a bit empty where as last season when I had you, you were full of this rookie passion, this passion that makes any top model host very happy because those are always the ones that are willing to learn. This season though you no longer have that and because of that I have forgot about you on many occasions. As for your photo this week it lacks spunk, and it lacks anything to keep the viewer intrigued. It is a beautiful shot and it has a good amount of high fashion elements but you need to resort back to yourself and you need to do so fast because I cannot keep judging you based off of the past.
4196 days 23 hours ago
Leacroft
Melissa:Next up is Melissa ! *Melissa walks forward* were you able to make your way into the final 5? Let's see!

http://www.oneasianworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/du-juan-vogue-sept-2011.jpg

This photo is very gritty and dirty and though it was a tad bit off putting at first it is actually a picture I really like now! Your face in this picture if I do a close up on it is absolutely stunning and then when I zoom out it gives off the illusion of your model tearing up and that is pure genius. In the house though you need to make it a priority to talk because I will guarantee you that if a model makes it to the end and throughout the whole season decided not to talk a lot they definitely will not be winning.
4196 days 23 hours ago
Leacroft
Grace: next up we have Grace! *Grave walks forward* hello Grace I am really interested in seeing what you did with this vogue photoshoot so let's cut straight to the chase and see your photo!

http://web001.whowhatwear.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Vogue-China-3.jpg

You have mastered Beauty Shots with this photo, I love Liu Wen as I have probably said a million times on this site before and this photo I usually pass this photo a lot but now I can see how stupid I was! Actually seeing this photo it looks jaw dropping. This is an exception of not using a full body or a 3/4 shot because this photo would look no better any other way. This was really a good job from you!
4196 days 23 hours ago
Leacroft
Emmaleigh: Next in line is someone that finally had there big break through last week collecting their first number one in two seasons, come on up Emmaleigh *Emmaleigh walks forward*
So you have come into this week with a huge target on your back having that top photo last week, we're you able to repeat and be the first to get two number ones this season?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_m_3PqTnwV8k/TAsB1qZ_LZI/AAAAAAAAPn8/1pFzgiZ4Fy0/s1600/Hyoni+Kang+%26+Polina+Sova+-+US+Marie+Claire+July+2010+-+5.jpg

Wow! Wow wow wow you have literally come out of nowhere banging out photoshoot after photoshoot and not only did you win the powerful Duo's photoshoot last week but this week you said ' Imma rock it again this week ' and you came with this photo of two models that are working the heck out of this photograph, I have spent two weeks literally choosing who I thought looked better in this photo shoot we have the one on the left who is controlled and fierce and then we have you on the right who is extreme and high fashion. If I were you I would have to say that I would have chosen the one on the left as she is giving of a vibe like I am running this, but your model is still holding her weight in the photo and you once again can show me that you know your fashion and I am proud!
4196 days 21 hours ago
Tevin1001
Thank you sooo much Lea.  I really spent my time looking for this one and I honestly did the same thing.  I couldn't decide who to go for but since it was Vogue Japan inspired I decided to stick with the actual Japanese model for this shoot.
4196 days ago
Leacroft
Crap forgot Simon -.-

Simon: and once again last but not least is the only male in the competition Simon! *Simon walks forward* so last week you had a minor set back and you were saved after being eliminated were you able to redeem yourself this time around? 

http://blog.modelmanagement.com/library/uploads/77054-800w.jpg

Like Nicki I have figured out your problem in the competition, you are trying so hard to be risky and different but the fact is that you are already different in so many ways that you can be simple and your photo will still look stunning. I do however find that the more I look at it the more I like it but I want to like it from the get go, a problem I have though is that I am not so sure about the fact that this was in a vogue magazine which is why it would have helped to know the name of this male model so I could search it up but I obviously cannot so it kind of defeats the whole purpose of this challenge where I asked for photo's from Vogue and vogue only. 

open group

Lea's Next top model REVAMPED!

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!