This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Evolution 7

Topic » Evolution 7

2293 days 15 hours ago
RShowFreak
Welcome to tonight's Evolution.

Today you are playing Investment Intuition.

The basis of this challenge is credited to turney1805.

In this challenge each of you will be investing in different fake companies with the hopes of making smart business decisions.  Each individual will have $300 to spend.

In total, there will be 10 companies you will be eligible to invest your money in:

BOBROCKS333's Burgers
BBlover96's Burritos
Piddu's Pizzas
splozojames50's Seafood
sarge455's Sushi
nbkiller's Noodles
Jordonk's Jello
Gaiaphagee's Grapes
bambinoswag's Bagels
obscurity's Oranges

Each individual must use their $300 to invest in AT LEAST 4 of these companies.  They may invest in more than that if they wish.  The way to earn money on your investment is based on how much everyone invests in these companies. 

The company who has the least amount of money invested in it will feel the biggest bang for their buck and will result in those investors earning the most while the company with the most money invested in it will be unable to live up to expectations and will crash and burn and you will lose all money invested and will lose more money in trying to regroup.

So, to sum up, after all investments are made by all players the companies will be ranked in order of least to most money invested in it and will result in the payout:

1st (Least Money Invested) - Money Invested is earned back PLUS $100
2nd - Money Invested is earned back PLUS $75
3rd - Money Invested is earned back PLUS $50
4th - Money Invested is earned back PLUS $25
5th - Money Invested is earned back
6th - Money Invested is LOST
7th - Money Invested is LOST in addition to a $20 penalty
8th - Money Invested is LOST in addition to a $40 penalty
9th - Money Invested is LOST in addition to a $60 penalty
10th - Money Invested is LOST in addition to a $80 penalty

So for example if you invested $100 in the company that ended up ranking 7th then you lose that $100 from your individual total and an additional $20.  Thus, with these rules it IS POSSIBLE to finish with negative money.

In the event multiple companies tied for money invested in it, the company with the least number of investors (people who invested) will be ranked higher.  If that is tied, whichever company had the highest investment (highest number invested by a single person) will be ranked higher.  If that is tied, then all tied companies will be ranked in the lowest position of the possible tied positions.

So when you are ready to invest you will mail me how you divide your $300.  You are allowed to change it anytime and as much as you want before the deadline but whatever is most recently sent by the deadline is final.

So your goal is to be unique

Your team's score will be your team's average amount of money.  That means I will take every member's final amount of money and divide it by the number of players on your team.

The ONE TEAM who has the most money per person will win this Evolution and earn safety from the Circus and elimination.  They will also earn the right to choose the Circus type.  The 3 bottom teams will have to face the Circus where either the team or the Cadre (depending on placement) will choose who will face the Circus.

Teams will have until TOMORROW (Monday) at 2 am est (just over 24 hours) to send me their investments.

I can reveal this round is a double elimination round so 2 of the 3 in the Circus will be eliminated.

If you have any questions you can mail me.

Good luck.

You may begin whenever.
2293 days 14 hours ago
RShowFreak
To answer a question, if there is a tie in final averages for each team then whoever had a higher percentage of their final amount of money come from the 1st place company would win then 2nd place company if that was tied and so on.
2293 days 4 hours ago
bambinoswag
https://i.imgur.com/xL48kPL.gif
2292 days 13 hours ago
Absol
honestly? as long as my whole team submitted im proud of them even if we do get 4th.
https://i.imgur.com/Q3nS1sn.gif
2292 days 13 hours ago
RShowFreak
Evolution 7 Results:

Link to images:

https://imgur.com/a/X4CGz

The top chart is the division of bets with the 1st place invested company on the far left and the 10th place invested company on the far right.

The bottom chart is the money earned/lost for each investment.

As you can see, Pieguy555's submission did not total to the $300 limit and thus his penalty was the $1 he did not bet was lost and he incurred a $20 penalty (the smallest penalty amount) against his final individual total which is taken into account in the chart.

The Final Results:

1st - Yellow Team - $200
*SAFETY*
2nd - Green Team - $193.33
3rd - Gray Team - $183.33
4th - Blue Team - $139

If the penalty against Pieguy555 was not taken into account, Yellow and Green would have tied for first and would have remained tied throughout the entire tiebreaker as described above.  It would then go to the next tiebreaker which would have been the average amount of money from each team NOT COUNTING the individual with the most money on that team.  In that tiebreaker, Yellow would still have won.

Yellow team you have earned safety from the upcoming Circus.  aiwfwyattroh as Cadre on the 1st place team you will choose the type of game the Circus will be. 

Green, Gray and Blue Teams you are now at risk of elimination and the Circus.  Green Team for finishing in 3rd place you will all vote 1 person into the Circus.  Majority rules.  If there is a tie then no matter how the tie went, Ethan000's vote as Cadre will be the tiebreaker.  Gray and Blue Teams for losing your fate is in the hands of your Cadres.  Absol and Christian_ you will single-handedly choose which of your team members will participate in the Circus.

All decisions are due by TOMORROW (Wednesday) at 2 am est (just under 24 hours from now).  Once I reveal the results I will also post the Circus tomorrow.

Good luck.

open group

RSF Season 52: War of the Worlds

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!