This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Detention 2 Results

Topic » Detention 2 Results

5044 days 3 hours ago
Seannothan
This was a fun challenge. I got to know the creative side of some of you, while others showed they just weren't into this competition. Still, I like all of you and it was no easy task determining grades for this day.

I'm starting from the bottom to mix things up this time, so here goes:

Celeste, you did not do the challenge. Still, things come up, so I have decided to give you a D for this challenge instead of an F. You will be nominated in detention. I hope to hear from you soon.

Baileyboy1, I'm beginning to doubt if you want to play. If not, it's no big deal. Your post was more of an introduction to yourself than a story and showed little effort (it was also less than the requirement). I'd like to see you try harder. For this challenge, you receive a D as well for not meeting requirements. I want to see better out of you. ::)

Sweetblossom, your post, about why you like dogs was good but not very creative. It was also not a story. This challenge did not represent everyone's strong-suits, but we are all good at different things. I will be giving you a C for this challenge.

Kdromm, I laughed at and agreed with your post, but it felt like Jerry Seinfeld doing stand-up comedy. It was more of an essay, like Sweetblossom's, and I will have to give you a C for this challenge. Still, like you, I call it soda and not pop. ::) I could see you doing well in a challenge having to do with comedy.

John, like Kdromm and Sweetblossom, your post was more of an essay. I did notice typographical errors also. It did have more elements of a story than the prior two posts and I liked it because it was similar to how I found TG, only I was looking for a Survivor game to play. The flattery was a little strange, but I appreciated it. I will be giving you a B for this challenge.

Pacman, I liked your story. It was fun to read, though there were errors in punctuation and spelling and the pace was a little off. The story alone is worth a B. I think you should keep working on it. You've got a good thing going. ::)

Danslink, there were a few capitalization issues in your story, as well as run-on sentences. It made me a little depressed, but it painted a fantastic picture of a social outcast, wrongly accused. You did well. I think you deserve a B. I want to know who killed her!

RyanT, your story about the giraffe felt original and was cute. I am going to school to be a teacher, so children's books are a personal favorite of mine. There may have been some punctuation errors, but this was well constructed. A!

Haybay, your post flowed smoothly like poetry. It was simple and didn't try to hard to be something it wasn't. There may have been an incomplete sentence, but you earned an A!

Party, when I received your post, I had to first count the sentences. I thought sure that it was at least twenty sentences. However, I was wrong. Your post had a cliffhanger that left me curious and a likable main character. Not only have you earned an A, but you have also received the second Hall Pass. As soon as you have read this, please send me a message with the two people you have chosen to send to detention.

Funny, you have been left out for a reason. I like you very much. You have been a good friend. However, after I read your post, I got deja vu. I found out that it was copy/pasted from one of a multitude of joke Web sites. Normally, plagiarism results in automatic expulsion, but at my school, I want to at least give you a chance. Since your post was funny, I will give it a C. However, for this detention, you will be nominated.

That means that for this detention, Celeste and Funny will be joined by the two students that Party chooses to nominate.

Good luck to everyone and I am so so proud of my students! ::)
5044 days 1 hour ago
funnylookinkid
LOL I didn't realize that it was a creative writing contest.. my bad
5044 days 1 hour ago
Seannothan
It's all good. Better luck next time. ::)
5044 days ago
haybay2468
YAY i got my first a!
5043 days 14 hours ago
ryantpalmer
same!

open group

Making the Grade 1

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!