This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 11 ~ Finale Part 1 (Judging Panel)

Topic » Episode 11 ~ Finale Part 1..

2684 days 5 hours ago
Millzipede
*The final 3 enter the Chinese Potsdam house which serves as the overseas judging room for the rest of the season*

Millie: Hello to the final 3 girls of this cycle, who stand before me, and welcome to your eleventh judging panel of Tengaged's Next Top Model, Cycle 10, and your fourth here in Shanghai, China. For your penultimate week in this competition, you competed in two photo shoots which will be a part of your prize package if you win this competition, advertising campaigns for Yves Saint Laurent's 'Rouge Pur Couture' Lipstick and Calvin Klein Underwear. However, before we get to critiquing your photos for this week's shoot, here are the list of prized that you are competing to win.

(Note: The $250,000 cash prizes covers your 3 gifts.)

Millie: Now to introduce our judges to you once again. She's been with us all season, and she's here once again. It's former model and bonafide celebrity, Lindsay Lavara.

Lindsay: Hello girls. This is the final 3 now, and this is the time to really step it up.

Barbara: Yeah, you don't want to leave in 3rd place...

Lindsay: Bitch You wann-

Millie: AND she has just introduced herself to you. She's lean, she's mean and she's definitely a machine, it's former Top Model winner and supermodel, Barbara Palvin.

Barbara: Hi girls.

Millie: Let's start this before it all kicks off, yeah?
2684 days 5 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Right, so up first we have Kallie.

Kallie: Hey everybody.

Millie: So how it will work is that we will critique your campaign photo for Yves Saint Lauren individually, and then afterwards we will critique your Calvin Klein ad campaign.

Kallie: Cool.

Lindsay: So which one did you enjoy the most?

Kallie: I think I enjoyed the Calvin Klein one more. I feel like I'm a bit more edgy and like to do strong poses, and I kind of think that suits Calvin Klein a little bit more.

Lindsay: Absolutely.

Millie: Right, enough of that. Let's take a look at your YSL campaign.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/31677762221/in/album-72157676737703610/

Millie: This is a very different interpretation of the theme, as I was really expecting a beauty shot from you, but over time I've actually managed to warm to it quite a bit. Although the male models in the background are a little too distracting for an ad campaign, I think you do manage to stand out, while still somewhat embodying YSL's aesthetic of that young working professional girl, who still has that sexy look to her. Perhaps it is leaning towards Rimmel London's look a little bit too much, but I still think this could work for the Rouge Pur Couture line. I am instantly drawn to the red lipstick, despite everything else that is going on around you, and I do think you look absolutely incredible in that dress. In the future I may advise going for the 'less is more' approach, but regardless a really good job.

Kallie: Aww, thank you.

Barbara: I'm not really a huge fan of this photo. I think you blend in way too much with the people behind you, despite the obvious effects to center on you. You're a beautiful girl, but if it wasn't for the description you sent , I wouldn't really understand how this quite fits in with the theme this week. I do love your face, however,  but that's about it...

Lindsay: Gorgeous girl, gorgeous photos. But... I think this is distracting as hell. The main focus should be your lips, if you wanna campaign a lipstick ad. There's so many things going on around you, and so many bright colors to stare at, it's almost hard to realize that your lips were supposed to be the main factor. Although I do like this picture a lot, as it's aesthetically pleasing, and it's personally something I would submit myself, as a judge, I think you missed the spot. You could have easily kept it simple, that way you'd draw more attention to your lips.

Kallie: Okay. I do think the lips stand out, but I definitely see where you were coming from.

Millie: Right, so let's now take a look at your Calvin Klein shot.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/30953206884/in/album-72157676737703610/

Millie: I am absolutely in love with this photo Kallie - this is the girl that I feel we've been missing for these past couple of weeks; There's no gimmicks, no clichés, just pure raw beauty. For me, you embody everything about being a Calvin Klein model, and I just feel like that really comes across in the photo. The whole photo looks so effortless, and I really feel as if the photographer has managed to capture a 'moment'. You've got tremendous eye contact with the camera, and your cheekbones look to die for. With such a simple photo shoot, is really is the little details that take the photo to the next level, and I think you pulled that off. I would have liked to have seen more of the underwear though, as that is supposed to be the primary focus of the shot, and I think it could be a little overlooked here.

Lindsay: I do think this is your stronger photo, but again, this is weak compared to what you usually do. Like I said to Anuthida, Calvin Klein focuses on underwear and the simplicity of photos. Unlike Anuthida, you did get the black and white (not optional, but for bonus points) part right, the underwear part of it was a miss, Only because I can't even tell if that's supposed to be a bra even? It looks like a tank top with the way your
2684 days 5 hours ago
Millzipede
Lindsay: I do think this is your stronger photo, but again, this is weak compared to what you usually do. Like I said to Anuthida, Calvin Klein focuses on underwear and the simplicity of photos. Unlike Anuthida, you did get the black and white (not optional, but for bonus points) part right, the underwear part of it was a miss, Only because I can't even tell if that's supposed to be a bra even? It looks like a tank top with the way your arms are placed. If they were placed in a different position, this would be a completely DIFFERENT  and STRONGER picture, and it would possibly be my favorite. But with that little detail alone, it changes the way I completely look at the photograph on it's own. But of course, you still look completely gorgeous and your face is beautifully sculpted by the holy Gods above, so hopefully your past performances save you!

Lindsay: Me too girl. I just really wanted to impress you guys.

Barbara: This is the most basic head shot you could've used, and I thought you were that alternative artist BANKS that I was recently talking to Millie about. Such a shame, because you've played it (relatively) unsafe this whole competition and to end it with this is just, well, disappointing. I hope the rest of your portfolio makes up for your shots this week, unless the other judges again have flop opinions and disagree with me.

Millie: Alright, thanks Kallie.

Kallie: Yeah, thanks guys.
2684 days 4 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Right, up next we have the wonderful Anuthida.

Anuthida: Hey ladies. How's it going?

Barbara: I'm good babe, how are you doing? You Nervous?

Anuthida: Extremely. This is the time that I really have to step it up, otherwise I'm not sure if I'll make it to that final two.

Barbara: Damn right girl. Do you think you've done enough?

Anuthida: I hope so. I've given it my all in these photos, so if that's not good enough then I don't know what is.

Millie: With that being said, shall we take a look at the photos?

Anuthida: Definitely.

Millie: Right, so here is your beauty campaign for Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/31794010225/in/album-72157676737703610/

Lindsay: This is okay. It's hard to tell that the lipstick is what's supposed to stand out since the colors are all mix and matchy, but I like it. The colors are beautiful though, and I think you are as well. This is a huge stand out from what you've submitted before, and I genuinely feel like if this was earlier in the competition, you'd easily be in the top. And this is the top three, so you can't really go any higher than that. Again, this is simply gorgeous.

Anuthida: Oh my God Lindsay, thank you so much. That means a lot.

Lindsay: *smiles* No worries girl, anytime.

Millie: This is a really strong shot Anuthida, and as far as beauty shots go, I would have to say is your strongest of the cycle. Your eyes are so intense that they completely overpower this photo, however somehow the lips are still the focal point of the shot, which is so important as that is the product you are trying to sell. My only issue though is with the lips themselves, the clue was in the name 'ROUGE pur Couture'. What I was really looking for this week was a photo where you were showing off red lipstick, as that is the basis for Yves Saint Laurent's line and you somehow managed to completely miss that. This is a great photo, but it's almost as if you are modelling for another brand entirely. Had you been modelling a red lip, this could have been a phenomenal shot for you.

Barbara: I love the FIERCE look you're providing, I just don't know if the blue lipstick is what I would've chosen for my final head shot to be. Nonetheless, I'm adoring that smoldering glare your giving the camera and I think your makeup is on point, you need to remove them moles girl but other than that you're looking good. I'm glad to see you're back on your A-game.

Millie: You've definitely improved on these past couple of weeks.

Anuthida: Thanks. Hopefully my other photo is as strong.

Millie: Let's have a look then.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/31677769921/in/album-72157676737703610/

Millie: Unfortunately, Anuthida, this is yet another photo where you have completely gone off brand. The whole point of this assignment was to test if you could be like a real working model, and do your research so that you fully understand what a brand is about, and you have failed to do so. My worry with you is that I sometimes feel you choose an ethnic model for your photographs in favor of photos that necessarily fulfil the brief. I understand that you came into this competition with an agenda to increase the visibility of minority models within the industry, but it comes at a price in a competition like this, where you jeopardize your own position. It's a pretty photo, and you have the body to die for, but I would never expect to see a photo like this in any Calvin Klein campaign.

Anuthida: *shakes head*

Lindsay: Unlike the other two girls, I feel like you're really missing some Calvin Klein essence. Typically, they are in black and white and show a lot more underwear. I'm getting a bit too burlesque vibes from this, and I don't think that's what your goal should've been. CK models are always more natural and subtle, and I think you could've lost a few accessories along the way to make this beautifully natural and simple. Agai
2684 days 4 hours ago
Millzipede
Lindsay: Unlike the other two girls, I feel like you're really missing some Calvin Klein essence. Typically, they are in black and white and show a lot more underwear. I'm getting a bit too burlesque vibes from this, and I don't think that's what your goal should've been. CK models are always more natural and subtle, and I think you could've lost a few accessories along the way to make this beautifully natural and simple. Again, you're gorgeous. But I feel like you always miss the center of the target by a few inches on all the photoshoots.

Barbara: I really dislike this photo, you're looking like a hooker. Everything is very cheap and "Las Vegas" to me, and this is not the high fashion girl I saw just a photo ago. I am really questioning whether or not you have what it takes to be a top model. You stole my pose week 1, then had a relatively good streak going on, and then somehow flopped your way to the final 5, and now you're here. The question that I can't help find myself asking is, does she have the consistency within her to be a top model not when Anuthida wants, but when a client wants?

Millie: Okay thanks Anuthida.
2684 days 4 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: And finally we have the wonderful Alexandria.

Alexandria: Heya!

Millie: Now I feel like I've been saying it every week, but you've really been on a roll since we arrived in China.

Alexandria: I know right. I just wanted to step it up as I felt like I was fading into the background a little.

Lindsay: Well you're definitely the star of the show right now.

Alexandria: *laughs* If you say so.

Barbara: How was this week for you?

Alexandria: I definitely felt the pressure. It's the final elimination, you know? So I've got to bring my A game once again.

Millie: Well let's take a look and see if you did.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/31757032216/in/album-72157676737703610/

Lindsay: Personally, I think this is the best represented shot for the lipstick campaign this week. The point of it was to make the lipstick stand out, and personally it did. You look stunning as usual, and I love the color coordination of it all. You're truly a stand out model, and I think this photo alone speaks on it's own. You nailed the theme PERFECTLY.

Barbara: Absolutely LOVE this photo, this lipstick is to die for. This is your strongest photo in my eyes to date, and I'm glad you really served it at the finale. I am so impressed with how far you have come in this competition, and you have really turned it around from when you entered.

Alexandria: *begins to tear up* Wow, this is amazing.

Millie: This is most definitely and eye-catching photograph, and I do like it, but personally I'm just not quite sure if it's the right fit for a beauty campaign. This photo screams editorial to me, something that I could see as part of any major fashion magazine, but I just don't see it as a beauty campaign to me. The mirror glass, while a good idea I think is just a little distracting and just takes the focus away from the lipstick which is supposed to be the shining star. Your eyes are wonderful (especially the colour) but they are coming off a little dead to me here. They're not completely flat, but I wish you had just given it that little bit extra so that the whole photo really comes to life. It may have worked better if you had connected with the camera with your eyes, rather than looking elsewhere.

Barbara: Oh PLEASE Millie. This is the best photo by far.

Millie: Not in my eyes girl.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/31794011165/in/album-72157676737703610/

Millie: This is another strong shot from you Alex, but I'm not sure if I would say I love it. I love how you went with the black and white look after having done your research on Calvin Klein ads as it really fits with their aesthetic. You may look slightly too sexy for the brand though - this shot is almost bordering on Victoria's Secret, rather than Calvin Klein's more edgy and androgynous look. I do like the playfulness and almost flirtatious vibe going on, but I think you would have to be careful in the future of not crossing that line into being too sexy. Nevertheless, your body looks absolutely amazing, and the underwear really is stealing the show. Although you are turned to the side, you have still managed to show the underwear off, which would really please the client.

Alexandria: Well at least I redeemed myself somewhat.

Millie: You'd definitely have. This second shot is wonderful!

Barbara: Not as strong as your first photo, I'm just not exactly sure what your goal is here. I'm actually a little bit disappointed, but it's not terrible by any means. Calvin Klein or whatever has always been a little basic, so no surprise why all of the round 2 photos are as well.  I just think there's too much going on in this photo (oddly); your mouth is half open but your hair is covering your face and your body's angled to the side and you're ripping your clothes off, I just think less would've been more. Either do the mouth thing with your clothes on and I can see your face, or pose to the side with your mouth closed as you give
2684 days 4 hours ago
Millzipede
Barbara: Not as strong as your first photo, I'm just not exactly sure what your goal is here. I'm actually a little bit disappointed, but it's not terrible by any means. Calvin Klein or whatever has always been a little basic, so no surprise why all of the round 2 photos are as well.  I just think there's too much going on in this photo (oddly); your mouth is half open but your hair is covering your face and your body's angled to the side and you're ripping your clothes off, I just think less would've been more. Either do the mouth thing with your clothes on and I can see your face, or pose to the side with your mouth closed as you give us a fierce stare while you take off those clothes. Sometimes less is more.

Lindsay: I think everyone struggled for this part of the photoshoot, honestly. You could have chosen a stronger picture than what you have, but I think this is still the BEST shot of the three. You can clearly see that Calvin Klein is majorly an underwear brand, so you used the Calvin-esque black and white factor and the underwear part to it, so you completely had that as a safety net, since the other girls barely have anything Calvin Klein-ish going on, or they failed to hit on the mark the underwear part to it. Nonetheless, you look gorgeous and I'm proud to see how far you've come in the competition.

Alexandria: Thanks guys.

Millie: You are very welcome Alex.
2684 days 4 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Okay, now it is time for the judges and I to decide our rankings, and deliberate between you. When I call you back I will announce who the winner of the eleventh and final Vogue Girl poll of the season is, who got first call-out, and who will have made it into our final two of the season.

This is the final elimination of the cycle before we reach the final of the competition. You girls should all be so proud of how far you have come in this cycle, but ultimately we as judges have to make a decision.

Good luck to you all.
2683 days 19 hours ago
CocoaBean
When the judges agree for once

open group

Tengaged's Next Top Model

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!