This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 8 ~ Who will Make Up our Final 5? (Judging Panel)

Topic » Episode 8 ~ Who will Make Up..

2761 days 14 hours ago
Millzipede
*The final 6 enter the Chinese Potsdam house which serves as the overseas judging room for the rest of the season*

Millie: Hello to our final 6 girls, who stand before me, and welcome to your eighth judging panel of Tengaged's Next Top Model, Cycle 10, and your first here in Shanghai, China. For your shoot this week, half of you posed in foundation ad campaigns for Clinique, and the others in a foundation campaign for Estée Lauder. Before we get to critiquing your photos for this week's shoot, here are the list of prized that you are competing to win.

(Note: The $250,000 cash prizes covers your 3 gifts.)

Millie: Getting to it, I will now introduce our other judge for tonight's panel. Although she returned last week, Barbara ended up missing her flight, so unfortunately could not join us in Shanghai tonight, but will be back with us for next week.

The Girls: *groan*

Millie: So, as usually instead it will just be myself, and the always incredible, Lindsay Lavara!

Lindsay: Hi girls. Welcome to your lovely new judging panel!

Millie: Indeed. Without further ado, let's begin!
2761 days 13 hours ago
Katherinee_
*smiles*
2761 days 13 hours ago
jdsurvivor
:D
2761 days 12 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Right so up first this week we have JESSIE!

Jessie: Hey girlies.

Millie: Hey girl, how you doing?

Jessie: I'm okay. I just want to see the photo already!

Millie: Haha, I bet you do.

Lindsay: Who were you shooting for again?

Jessie: I was the more high fashion one, Estée Lauder?

Lindsay: Ooh lovely.

Millie: I'll out you out of your misery Jess. Here's your photo.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/30360879242/in/album-72157671972033444/

Millie: I am so disappointed Jessie as for the second time this week, you haven’t given me/the client what was wanted, as despite me specifying in the assignment that I didn’t want you to submit real campaigns used by the brands, you went ahead and did just that. At this point in the competition, we shouldn’t be having issues with what kind of photos are being submitted, as you should all be reading the rules. After these past two weeks, where you have been really dominating the competition, this has been such a letdown, as your choice of photo was almost a cop-out. I explicitly said that week I wanted to test your abilities to fulfill a brief, whilst not limiting yourself to the brand and this just shows that you don’t have the qualities to do so.

Jessie: What the hell? Ugh.

Lindsay: After two strong weeks I think you've reached your maximum strength. Millie specified PRECISELY not to use literal brand ads and well, you used a literal Estée Lauder ad. I think this was bullet in the foot and I don't want you to be surprised if you are in the bottom. I'm so, so, SO disappointed because you were slowly claiming your spot back in the game but I think this could be crucial mistake in you leaving.

Lindsay: Okay thanks.

Millie: Alright Jessie.
2761 days 12 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Okay, second up this week will be ANUTHIDA.

Anuthida: Yes!

Lindsay: So how is it in China?

Anuthida: It's cool guys. I've actually never left the U.S. before so to come somewhere totally different is so nice.

Lindsay: Bit of a culture shock I imagine?

Anuthida: Oh totally. So different to being back in Cali.

Millie: Better?

Anuthida: Wouldn't go that far.

Millie: So you were Estée Lauder as well, weren't you?

Anuthida: Yes ma'am.

Millie: Let's take a look.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/30441395206/in/album-72157671972033444/

Millie: I think this photo was really on the way to being a real contender this week, but I just don't understand what on Earth possessed you to choose a photo with flower petals in your mouth. Estée Lauder is a brand entered around elegance and poise, and this just looks way to wacky to be for the brand, or to be an ad campaign at all. I do like the photo but I just feel like it really wasn't appropriate for this week’s theme, had it been for an modern editorial for some out-there designer it would have worked, but for this week's theme it's a complete miss in my opinion. Your skin looks lovely (which should have been the main focus of the photo) but ultimately those flower petals are so distracting that I didn't even acknowledge your skin when I saw the photo the first time. Sorry girl.

Anuthida: Sorry Millie. I wanted to take a risk.

Millie: Oh I understand, it just didn't work for me.

Lindsay: Ugh. I love the concept behind this BUT... I think the red thing on the lips ruined it for me. I would've loved to see what you would have done with your lips to solidify those amazing eyes, to make it a PERFECT shot. Any simple mistake could slip you in the bottom but I think your eyes MIGHT have just saved you. They're freakin' fierce as hell, I just wish we could've seen some lips to maybe sponsor the lipstick part of the ad.

Anuthida: Thanks Lindsay. I did try.

Lindsay: I can see, but you'll have to see at elimination if it was enough.
2761 days 12 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Moving on, we have JORDAN next. Come on up.

Jordan: Hello everybody.

Millie: So Lindsay, Jordan was our challenge winner this week.

Jordan: *fans self*

Lindsay: Oh congratulations, what did you have to do?

Jordan: We had to film a foundation commercial.

Lindsay: So like a moving version of this week's shoot?

Jordan: Basically yeah.

Millie: She totally nailed it; It was very good.

Jordan: Thanks again.

Lindsay: If it was that good, I want to see your photo then.

Millie: Okay then, here you go.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/30360878622/in/album-72157671972033444/

Millie: This is another stunning shot this week Jordan, and is definitely a huge step up from your photos these past couple of weeks; I always say that sometimes girls need to be in the bottom two to give them that kick up the ass to make them work again, and I feel that is evident with you. You are completely rocking this photo – You look like a strong businesswoman who looks ready to take on the world, which I think would definitely appeal to a more mature customer. My only slight criticism about the photo is that I don’t feel your eyes are giving me everything that they could. I’m not sure exactly what it is, but there’s almost this slight vacancy behind them – as if you were giving me 90% of the emotion and not that full 100%, but they still look amazing.

Lindsay: Don't listen to her girl, I see that extra 10%.

Jordan: Really? Ugh that means so much to me!

Lindsay: Probably one of my favorite shots of the week! I think you look fierce as hell but you kept the mature part of the theme on lock, which I like. I think you're the only girl who chose to feature every part of their face in the brand ad, which I think is a risk that payed off in your favor. You're known for being a risk taker, and I don't think it payed off for you, like... ever. But this week you were a shining star in my eyes!

Jordan: Thankyou so much guys!

Millie: You are very welcome Jordan.
2761 days 12 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Now to start us off with the Clinique girls, ALEXANDRIA you'll go first.

Alexandria: If you insist girl.

Lindsay: So Clinique's very different to the other brand, what did you want to bring to it?

Alexandria: I just wanted to bring some energy to the shoot.

Lindsay: Mhmm.

Alexandria: Millie said at the assignment briefing that it was a much younger, much cleaner brand and that they weren't afraid to just have fun with it.

Lindsay: Do you think that came across?

Alexandria: I think so, but it always depends on how the photos come out.

Lindsay: Of course.

Millie: Well, let's see if it went as well as you thought it did.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/30441395496/in/album-72157671972033444/

Millie: Out of all the girls this week, I feel like you were the only girl who really took her theme and RAN with it; This photo is absolutely stunning, and is basically everything that Clinique would be looking for in a campaign. You look young, and happy, but most importantly, you look like you’re having fun enjoying the product, and that is always what a brand (especially a make-up brand) wants. Your job as a model is to emulate the positive emotions that using a particular product will make you feel, and you did just that this week. Your skin looks flawless and unlike some of the other girls, there isn’t a lot going on to distract you, which really works in your favor. You kept it slick and simple, and for Clinique that was what I was looking for. For me, this is your best photo since the first week.

Alexandria: Oh my gosh, that means so much Millie!

Millie: Don't thank me, you did all the work!

Lindsay: I really LOVE this picture! You look young, wild and free. Although your makeup is pretty on the neutral side, I think you could've spiced things up a bit by adding a red or hot pink lip. Nonetheless, I think you well portrayed a young girl modeling for Clinique but I think you could've brought a bit more to the table. Strong shot overall!

Millie: Girl they weren't selling LIPS, they were selling skin!

Lindsay: Whatever, you know how much I love a lip Millie!

Millie: All too much. Thanks Alex.
2761 days 11 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Okay, so the second Clinique girl will be KALLIE.

Kallie: Hi guys.

Millie: So first call-out last week, and the first girl to have two first call-outs this season, how does it feel?

Kallie: Pretty good actually. I think these girls should be more threatened by me than they are.

Lindsay: Oh really?

Millie: Pretty bold statement.

Kallie: Well, I think I've been the most consistent of everybody. I'm not trying to sound rude or uppity or anything, it's just a fact. I don't want to let it get to my head though, which is why I keep trying my best.

Millie: Well we've definitely seen that.

Lindsay: Do whatever you need to do to keep producing strong photos.

Kallie: Exactly, that's the job.

Millie: Did you bring it this week though, that's the question...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/29847127174/in/album-72157671972033444/

Lindsay: Love it! Another of my favorites this week. Your face is serious and simple but you still get a fun and teen-ish vibe from it, which I adore! The quality is A1, and I really think the natural flare to it brings out your eyes massively, which is your dominate feature in the shot. Again, you never seem to disappoint and I think you're truly taking this competition by storm.

Kallie: Told you!

Lindsay: *laughs* You did.

Millie: I really like this photo Kallie, and I love how you managed to incorporate a high fashion element to the photo, whilst still looking beautiful and on most importantly, on brand. Although I was initially drawn to your piercing eyes at a first glance, I just couldn't ignore how beautiful your skin looks here, which is ultimately what you are trying to sell. Everything about you works here, from your hair, to your mouth, it's all just coming together to produce a stunning photograph. I'm still undecided as to how I feel about the hand; I think it works? You were definitely going for the edgy and fun look, but I just feel it would have worked slightly better had you had a slight smile. Overall I think you did really well this week, and it's nice to see someone be as consistent as you are in the competition.

Kallie: You guys are too sweet!

Millie: Well, you haven't given us a reason to be mean yet! Thank you Kallie.
2761 days 11 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: And rounding us up this week will be NINA.

Nina: Hello you two.

Millie: Before we get to the photo, I just want to address something from the challenge.

Nina: Okay.

Millie: I know you didn't mean any harm by it, but after the critiques were revealed you got quite defensive and rude about my critiques to you. I know I mentioned a speaking role, but first and foremost I asked for a commercial, and a foundation one at that, and you produced neither of those things.

Nina: Right.

Millie: Now like I said, I didn't take any of it personally, but as a model, if you were to say that to a client in the real industry, you would absolutely not be booked for that job, and possibly not for other jobs if word were to get around. I fully support having an opinion, but in future I would recommend (for you career) not to mention it, while still on set. Back at the house? Fine, but not at work.

Nina: Okay.

Lindsay: Drama..

Millie: Not drama, just advice. Anyway, hopefully your photo can bring some joy to this judging then.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/30441390826/in/album-72157671972033444/

Lindsay: I think this is more on the mature side of the ad, which was NOT your given theme. You look more sophisticated, unlike a young girl having some fun with bright colors. Everything is really bland and there's literally no color pop to make this fun for teen girls. Clinique is known for being a cheery and poppy brand and sadly, none of that was represented in your shot this week.

Millie: Oh, I wouldn't say it looked mature, but it is definitely lacking that fun vibe.

Nina: Oh.

Millie: I’m torn about this photo Nina, I really am. On the one hand, I do really think this photo suits Clinique’s aesthetic; It’s young, it’s a little whimsical and it’s just very pretty. I think I would have personally preferred something a little funkier and fun, rather than fairytale-like, but this will do. Your skin looks incredibly soft and smooth, so you are really selling the product, which as I’ve said to the other girls, is great to do as a model. For me though, I just think this photo has just captured a bit of an unfortunate angle of your face. When I first opened this photograph, all that I could notice was this protruding chin of yours. Had your face just been facing downwards, it just would have looked much better. Overall it’s a good shot, but it’s not exactly what I was looking for personally.

Nina: Okay thanks.

Lindsay: Thanks Nina.
2761 days 11 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Okay, now it is time for the judges and I to decide our rankings, and deliberate between you. When I call you back I will announce who the winner of the eighth Vogue Girl poll of the season is, who got first call-out, and which girl will be leaving the competition in sixth place.  Good luck to you all.
2761 days 10 hours ago
jdsurvivor
Thank you! :D
2761 days 1 hour ago
MISSimogen
ty huns, gl x
2760 days 18 hours ago
Katherinee_
I didn't go offensive to you Millie, I would never do that. I was trying to sass Alexandria, because I was jealous lol Sorry for the misunderstanding ..

open group

Tengaged's Next Top Model

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!