This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 4 ~ Unleash the Model Beast (Judging Panel)

Topic » Episode 4 ~ Unleash the Model..

2813 days ago
Millzipede
*The final 10 enter the abandoned warehouse which serves as the judging room for the season*

Millie: Hello to the final 10 of this cycle, and welcome to your fourth judging panel of Tengaged's Next Top Model, Cycle 10. Although it may not seem it, to be the final 10 in such an intense competition, is definitely something you should be proud of - so give yourselves a pat on the back. For your photo shoot this week, you partook in your first beauty shot of the cycle, emulating possessed fashion demons. Before we get to your critiques, here are your prizes.

(Note: The $250,000 cash prizes covers your 3 gifts)

Millie: Now it is time to introduce our lovely panel of judges for this week. She's fashion-forward, she's fierce but most importantly, she's a friend of mine, it's the wonderful Lindsay Lavara.

Lindsay: Hi girls, looking great as always.

Barbara: The same can't be said for all of us.

Lindsay: http://media.tumblr.com/1fa2a501e00684e426347f4f79c69c9c/tumblr_inline_miyiuz7mZf1qz4rgp.gif

Millie: ...And as you can see, it isn't afraid to state her opinion, it's the ever-controversial, Barbara Palvin.

Barbara: Welcome back peasants.

Millie: Let's get right into it.
2813 days ago
Millzipede
Millie: Right, so up first this time we have the wonderful JESSIE.

Jessie: Hiya.

Millie: So you've even cutting it quite fine these past couple of weeks, what's that been like?

Jessie: Pretty tough but I know I'm a good model so I just want to show you what I can do.

Millie: Good to hear.

Lindsay: How was the shoot?

Jessie: It was okay, I asked Millie for some help but I think I did alright.

Lindsay: I say we see how you did.

Millie: Okay, then here you go Lindsay.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/29451090836/in/album-72157670244079583/

To me Jessie, I think this is unfortunately the weakest photo that was submitted this week, and it was largely due to things that could have been avoided as I did hint them to you when you asked for help concerning the theme. When I set the assignment I said that your eyes would be digitally-altered to be blacked-out and you still chose a photograph where you have your eyes closed which just kind of defeats the purpose of what I was going for. Overall the photo is much too dark which just means that any outfit you are wearing is being completely hidden by the (lack of) light. Like I've said countless times throughout the competition, you have to remember that as a model you are SELLING a product, and although these themes are set to test your modelling abilities, you should never forget what you are here to do.

Jessie: Ugh.

Lindsay: I love the concept, I hate the photo. My problem with you is probably your creativity, you know what you wanna do and they're usually good ideas, but the way you execute them is terrible. The lighting is horrendous, we can barely see anything aside from your arms and like, half of your face? Again, this could have easily been a top tier photo but the lighting is pure garbage.

Barbara: I don't like this photo at all. Everything is WAY too dark in this photo and I can barely see any contrast. I can't critique because practically the whole picture is just this black blob.  Not a fan this week.

Millie: Sorry Jess.
2812 days 23 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Up next this week we have HAILEY.

Hailey: *walks up*

Millie: I think you know whats coming, don't you?

Hailey: *nods head*

Lindsay: Why, what happened?

Millie: We didn't receive a photo from Hailey this week.

Barbara: Boo, you whore.

Millie: So here we are, nothing to display.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/29451091926/in/album-72157670244079583/

Lindsay: Well... this is disappointing. You were a good model, but things like these show that you didn't have the heart to become the next top model. I'm not gonna add anything else but I think you should be removed from the competition.

Millie: Oh Hailey, what happened this week? You were a really solid competitor who I really felt had the potential to make it deep in this competition, but unfortunately you chose not to submit a photo this week, which is really disappointing. The fact that you didn't contact me as to why you weren't submitting just gives off a vibe that you don't care about this competition, which is sad after seeing some of the girls here who would do anything to stay another week. Sorry girl, but you'll get what's coming to you.

Hailey: Okay.

Barbara: Maybe I would let this slide if you were consistently performing at the top, but unfortunately for you, you add no real value to the show's longevity. You were merely a guest, and if you don't want to be here which is proven by your lack of submission, than maybe it's your time to go. If you have a valid reason for why you could not submit, pleace mail the judges. You may walk back in line to the rest of the girls in shame.

Lindsay: https://m.popkey.co/9e0660/0J7wb_f-maxage-0.gif

Hailey: *walks back*
2812 days 23 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: CHLOE, you're up next.

Chloe: Wow, coming on the back of that.

Barbara: Tell me about it.

Millie: So, bottom two last week, how do you feel coming into this week?

Chloe: Well I know some people weren't the happiest to see me stay...

Barbara: *flips hair*

Chloe: ... But you know, the show must go on, and I don't want to let one bad week stop me.

Lindsay: Good girl.

Millie: Wanna see your photo?

Chloe: Absolutely.

Millie: Here you are, here's your best shot.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/29196519820/in/album-72157670244079583/

Millie: I'm really in two minds about this photograph Chloe. On the one hand, I adore how far you went with this week’s theme, with the pose and the inclusion of the raven which matches your feathered outfit design. It definitely has a dark vibe to the shot, I'm just not so sure I see 'possessed' here as opposed to 'ice queen'; to me you look more like a Disney evil witch than a possessed girl. I'm not crazy about the hand placement, it looks very forced and something about that outstretched finger isn't sitting right with me. Similarly, I think the mouth looks really tense. Maybe if you had pulled at your mouth with your hand it would have given a darker feel to the photo, or like Anuthida given a slight snarl so that you looked more evil. It's not a bad photograph, but modelling wise I think there could be a few improvements.

Chloe: Okay cool. What do you guys think?

Lindsay: You were my favorite in the first week, and I always love seeing the pictures you submit. And I'm glad to say I'm #TeamChloe again! Your performances so far were only a C+ (minus last week which was a complete F), but I genuinely think this is a top tier picture this week. The body language, the facial expression, the freakin' crow! This is amazing, and I'm finally glad you've got yourself back together again. Keep submitting pictures like these and you could easily find yourself in the competition for a few more weeks.

Barbara: I enjoy this photo a lot, it's very theatrical and it immediately caught my eye. I could see this as like a high fashion "wicked" play or something! One thing that I dislike, which is probably a matter of personal taste, is the finger on your lip. I think it's rather unnecessary because in my opinion adds a "sex appeal" to the photo which I don't think is needed.

Millie: Overall some good critiques Chloe.

Chloe: I know, I'm glad!
2812 days 23 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Up next I am going to have... NINA, I choose you!

Nina: Oh goody, been waiting a long time for this!

(shade @ myself)

Barbara: You gonna have a good photo this week?

Nina: I really hope so. I'm so grateful to be here and just want to impress you guys.

Millie: Well shall we get right into it then?

Nina: Please do, I just want to know what you guys think!!!

Millie: Haha, here you go then beautiful.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28863066283/in/album-72157670244079583/

Millie: I have to say it Nina, when I first saw your photo I really wasn't a fan and had it as one of the bottom photos of the week for me, but over time I've really warmed to it, and slowly it had become one of my favorites this week. I think I was originally put off by the weirdness of the styling, with the lip ring, the crazy headwear and the already blank eyes, but when thinking about it, isn't that exactly what I was looking for this week? Evil is all about the unknown, the wild and the crazy and I think this photo really encapsulates that here. I think you look like a demonic ghost, somewhat similar to the Woman in Black, and I am living for it. Although I was looking for dramatic shapes and intense facial expressions, I think this strange softness really complements the whole feel to the photograph. I'm impressed Nina.

Nina: Thank goodness, that's so great to hear.

Lindsay: I think you're one of the few people to somewhat give me demon vibes. The concept behind this is really easy to read! You're giving me demon queen realness, and I actually really find myself enjoying it. The piercing on your lip gives you a hint of bad bitch vibes, and I LOVE how small accessories like that can really add more story to your picture. Anyway, I'm proud of how consistent you have been throughout the competition, and I think this is one of your strongest photos yet.

Nina: Thankyou Lindsay.

Barbara: I am a fan of this photo. I love how you accessorized your outfit to really "focus" in on your face, which is great since you're practically the main attriciton of the photo. I'm unsure, however, about how I feel regarding the far away look you''re giving and i'm not sure if it was necessary, you already look hauntingly distant and beautiful. Nonetheless, a strong photo. Good job!

Millie: Thanks Nina.
2812 days 23 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Alright, moving onto the wonderful ALEXANDRIA.

Alexandria: I'm here!

Lindsay: So how did you fare this week?

Alexandria: Well I submitted a photo this week.

Barbara: OOP.

Lindsay: *laughs* That's true, can't be said for some people.

Barbara: So you're basically safe this week.

Millie: Don't go too far Barbara. Anyway shall we see your shot?

Lindsay: Do it Millie.

Millie: Here's your photo for this week.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/29196522240/in/album-72157670244079583/

Millie: This shot is okay, but like with some of the other girls this week, it doesn't really have that 'oomph' that makes this shot amazing. This week was supposed to be about dramatics, and while I do think the blacked out eye effect gives you this haunting glow, there's just not that much going on that makes it stand out from the crowd. I like the crazed hair styling, and almost Victorian-styled dress, but I just think had this been a wider angled shot, it would have enabled you to incorporate some arm/hand movements to give an edge to the shot. That being said, I do like the connection with the eyes, and I think it really works with the dark lipstick as well as it makes you look possessed. I think your photo is safe this week, but nothing particularly spectacular.

Barbara: Decent photo, nothing out of the ordinary or special, but it is a good photo. "Safe." I feel like every week I critique your photos I'm saying "safe" "safe" safe".

Alexandria: That's definitely not what I want to be.

Lindsay: This is a strong picture. With a theme like this, it's hard to wow us with anything since the colors are absent and all. But the facial expression is truly gorgeous, and the hair is, for me, the cherry on top! One thing that you STILL keep on doing is using blonde models, I don't know if it's a coincidence for you or not, but I recommend you use a tan-skin model next time, I wanna see if you can pull off versatility.

Alexandria: Okay, thanks.
2812 days 23 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Now we have ANUTHIDA.

Anuthida: Hey everybody.

Millie: Now you have been one of our stronger girls this cycle, how are you feeling this week?

Anuthida: Fairly confident, this challenge was so high fashion which is right up my street, so I hope I nailed it for you.

Barbara: Was the shoot hard at all?

Anuthida: Not for me, I love that sort of thing.

Barbara: Being a demon?

Anuthida: Obviously not. The theatrics of it all.

Millie: Well, let's see if you nailed it as hard as you thought you did.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28860820504/in/album-72157670244079583/

Millie: Anuthida I absolutely ADORE this photograph of you. I think you are one of the only girls who managed to truly master this theme as looking both possessed by a demon and evil at the same time. I really like the whole styling of the shoot as it really brings this whole shot together, especially the dramatic head-piece. Also, this should be an example to all of the girls as to how you look fierce without having your eyes. Although we can't see your eyes connecting with anything in particular, we can still see the intensity throughout the rest of your face. By tensing, it's made your cheekbones appear stronger, and it's turned your mouth into a somewhat snarl which really fits with this week’s theme. Keep on impressing us like this and you can definitely go far in this competition.

Barbara: For me this photo doesn't work. There's too much going on and my eyes don't really know where to go. However, I appreciate the originality and I definitely noticed this photo more so than some others so that's a plus. Taking risks should be applauded whether they pay off or not.

Anuthida: Oh, not too sure how to feel about that one.

Lindsay: It's kind of hard to judge anything from this picture. I like your body language, but 3/4 of your face is covered so it's hard to judge anything at ALL. I really love your accessories though, this is one of the FEW body shots we've had this week so it's kind of good to see someone do something other than a mugshot, so props for that.

Millie: Thanks Anuthida.

Anuthida: No, thank you guys.
2812 days 23 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: JORDAN, it's your turn.

Jordan: Yay!

Millie: How was this week's challenge for you?

Jordan: It was fun. I haven't tested my fashion knowledge in a while so it was nice to give it a go.

Lindsay: Oh yeah, who won the challenge?

Jordan: It hasn't been revealed yet.

Millie: STAY TUNED GUYS.

Barbara: Can we get back to the shoot?

Millie: Oh of course, here's your photo.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28863067293/in/album-72157670244079583/

Barbara: I adore this photo! You look like a hauntingly beautiful porcelain doll. Although it's a basic head shot, you absolutely nailed this weeks theme, served us face, and intricated an aesthetically pleasing makeup and clothing into your shot. No complaints from me, great job!

Jordan: HELL YEAH!

Millie: In terms of what you are going for, this photo is very similar to Alexandria's, and thus my critique to you will be very similar to hers. I love the styling of the shot, from your hair to the clothes, even your extremely detailed make-up, but I just feel you are relying on your good looks to take you through here. To me, the editing I think really saves this photo as it gives you this alien-esque look to you, which is only enhanced by the shimmering make-up you have on. Maybe if you had inhaled, or tilted your head backwards it would have added either some sort of motion or dynamics to take this photo from a styled headshot, to a great fashion photo. Like Ximena, I know you don't do basic and you love to take risks, so we want to see more of that in the future.

Lindsay: Eh. I don't really get demon from this at all, the fashion and the curly-ish hair kind of reminds me of a clown. I don't know, I don't find it easy to swallow at all. I know you're a model with potential but this is... okay. One thing I do love about this picture though is the makeup. It's truly gorgeous and different from the other pictures I've seen, but the concept behind this is weak.

Jordan: Well that went from 100 to 0 real quick.
2812 days 23 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: The next girl to critique is XIMENA. You're up.

Ximena: *walks down*

Lindsay: How are you feeling today Ximena?

Ximena: Good, gutted about missing this weeks challenge though!

Lindsay: That's understandable.

Barbara: Why are we still talking about this challenge? This is judging panel.

Lindsay: I know who I'm judging right now.

Barbara: Um no hun.

Millie: Here's your photo Ximena.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28863065543/in/album-72157670244079583/

Barbara: This picture is again just too safe and predictable for me. Like I have said to others, it's not a BAD photo, but why should we reward contestants each week who aren't going to bring anything new to the modeling world? All of the girls that I have critiqued favorably all have some sort of outfit/accessory/or story that they are conveying through a photo, where is yours?

Ximena: I didn't want accessories distracting you guys from my face.

Barbara: Well that would have been better.

Lindsay: *giggles*

Millie: I disagree with what some of the other judges are saying as I'm actually quite the fan of this photograph. The intense eye contact with something off camera, for me really adds a sense of mystery, which is equally scary in itself. I think your face is flawless, and I don't think you could have done anything more to give us a better face here. Like the other judges have pointed out though is that is essentially it. There's nothing else here making this shot memorable to me, and I think you really could have used a darker background or dramatic styling, to make the theme more over-the-top. I don't this this shot is safe necessarily, but I just know that you are much more capable to bringing something bigger to the table. I don't want average, I want fabulous.

Lindsay: This is why I hate mugshots. They're like a freaking get out of jail free card from Monopoly. There's barely anything to judge and it's really easy to sail through the competition with these. I'm honestly not impressed with your performance this week. I think this is not only the weakest picture of the week, but the weakest picture I've seen in the competition so far. This is boring and I honestly don't wanna see it again.

Millie: I wouldn't go that far Lindsay.

Lindsay: Thanks judges.
2812 days 23 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Our penultimate girl is BRENDINA.

Brendina: Hey y'all.

Lindsay: So a strong photo last week, a great improvement. Keeping it up?

Brendina: I'm trying my best.

Lindsay: How so?

Brendina: Well you guys asked for fierce this week, and I feel like I gave that in my shoot.

Millie: Really?

Brendina: Yeah I really went for it.

Lindsay: That's what I like to hear.

Millie: Here's your best photo for this week then.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/29196520960/in/album-72157670244079583/

Lindsay: This is basic, for me. Such a let down from your high last week. The pose is NOTHING close to demon-like. It's not a bad picture at all, I just feel like the other girls accomplished the task a lot better than you did, nonetheless this is well, basic. The thing with you  is, when you do good, you freakin' SHINE. But when you do slip, you slip hard. And it'll leave scars in the long run if you don't step it up.

Millie: I think I'm gonna disagree.

Brendina: Yay!

Millie: Well kind of.

Brendina: Oh no.

Millie: This shot is okay Brendina and was in the makings of being an absolutely amazing photograph, but unfortunately there is just a 'cheap' vibe to the shot which I can't see the past. I think this 'cheap' look comes from the photography of it; this shot looks more like a low-budget hairdressings advertisement that you would see in your local high street than from a fashion editorial in a serious magazine, which is such a shame as I think you really went for the 'demonic' theme full force. I really appreciate the dramatic hand movement, the snarl and the fierce eye contact with the camera which is exactly what I was looking for this week. Had you just been better styled and had a better quality photograph taken, I think this could have been a real contender this week.

Barbara: I may get heat from the other judges for this, but I'm not a huge fan of this photo. It's very beauty shot-esque and quite frankly predictable. I think the hand covering half your face is very off putting for me. One thing that I like about the photo is the smirk. It adds character to the photo, something I wish the rest of this photo did.

Brendina: Okay guys, I'll work on that.
2812 days 23 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: And last up this time is you KALLIE.

Kallie: It feels like forever!

Lindsay: It does, doesn't it?

Millie: Do you want to get straight into it?

Kallie: Definitely. No time for messing around.

Millie: Here we go then.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28860822274/in/album-72157670244079583/

Barbara: This is probably one of my least favorite photos of yours to date. I absolutely hate the peace sign, you're wearing a masquerade mask in a very elegant and mysterious setting, and then you just throw a random peace sign in there? With that said, I like how your messy hairstyle matches the bird-like outfit that you are wearing, which is very high fashion in my opinion. Hopefully you won't peace out from the competition this week.

Millie: I think I like this shot. Personally, I'm not really sure if I see the possessed demonic girl vibe that I was wanting to see, but more of an evil murderer who’s just put on their murder gloves (or something weird like that). Styling wise, I think you look gorgeous, everything from the messed-up hair to the dyed-red hands works for me, but I don't think it will be everybody's cup of tea. Your look pretty here, but unlike Nina, I think a really intense facial expression would have worked in your face here, as opposed to the aloof look you are giving us. Because of that, I feel this photo just gives off a really underwhelming vibe to the whole shot. You have been performing well in this competition, but at the same time I don't want you to feel complacent in your position.

Lindsay: Strong picture, wow! I love the feathers, and the hands really add something extra to this photo to really spice things up! Again, you keep on giving us consistently great pictures, and all I'm gonna say is keep up the good work. We have high expectations from you, and you're only raising the bar higher.  Nonetheless, I'm proud of how you're showing us how versatile you can be. It's a great asset to have.

Kallie: Wow, thank you guys so much!

*Barbara coughs*

Millie: Yes?

Barbara: Actually, the photo has started to grow on me. I guess the photo is unique in the sense in the fact that the peace sign IS casual, which adds to the whole look. She looks like a masquerade model that just woke up out of bed, but I think that's what she intended to do, and for that I applaud her

Kallie: Too much to take it, but thank you.

Millie: Thankyou Kallie.
2812 days 23 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Okay, now it is time for the us to decide our rankings, and deliberate between you. When I call you back I will announce who the winner of the fourth Vogue Girl poll of the season was, who got first call-out, and which girl will be leaving the competition in tenth place. Good luck to you all.
2812 days 22 hours ago
Maxi1234
Good luck!
2812 days 21 hours ago
deshonBANNEDISBACK
Ok the critique about me using a blond model over and over is a stretch because last week I used a dark haired model. I honestly don't go searching for a photo with a model that has blonde hair ..:/
2812 days 8 hours ago
Katherinee_
Thank you soo much. I am so glad that all of you liked my photo. I am literally going to drink a glass of wine to celebrate this :D

open group

Tengaged's Next Top Model

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!