This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 3 ~ Time For you to Blossom (Judging Panel)

Topic » Episode 3 ~ Time For you to..

2821 days 5 hours ago
Millzipede
*The final 11 enter the abandoned warehouse which serves as the judging room for the season*

Millie: Hello to my lovely little gems, and welcome to your third judging panel of Tengaged's Next Top Model, Cycle 10. This week you posed for iconic British heritage brand, Liberty London wearing floral outfits inspired the Liberty print. Before we get to your critiques, here are your prizes.

(Note: The $250,000 cash prizes covers your 3 gifts)

Millie: Now it is time to introduce to you your judges for this week. First up tonight, returning from her one week hiatus last week, is the ever-talented Barbara Palvin. This is a girl who has won the competition, and is who you should aspire to be.

Barbara: The queen has returned.

*Lindsay and Millie - http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/le-miiverse-resource/images/4/43/Excuse_Me.gif/revision/latest?cb=20150820195737 *

Millie: Moving on, we are also joined with some Lindsay chick.

Lindsay: ...

Millie: Just kidding. She's a model, television personality and a former TNTM finalist.

Let's get cracking, shall we?
2821 days 4 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Okay, the first girl up tonight will be HAILEY.

Hailey: Thank God, no wait this time.

Lindsay: Excited for the results?

Hailey: I think so. I wanted to do something different you know "step outside the box".

Lindsay: Think it worked?

Hailey: I like to think so.

Millie: Let's see then. Here's your photo.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28611696843/in/album-72157672870616096/

Millie: Unfortunately, for me not only is this the weakest photo this week, but it is also your weakest photo to date. Not only does it not fit this week's theme, but I just don't think it's a very good photograph of you as a model. This week we wanted to see you model floral outfits inspired by your color, and instead you chose to pose nude with your modesty covered by flowers. While an interesting idea, this is definitely not what was asked and we feel like you unintentionally screwed yourself over when you had one of the easier colors to master. I feel like you took our critiques of playing it safe and going a bit out there a little too far, and while it is important to take risks, you have to remember that themes are given to you for a reason. On top of that, I don't think this is a very good angle for your face, and the body positioning makes you look much larger than you really are.

Hailey: Wow...

Barbara: I would like this photo a lot more if we saw your full body. However, I like the risk your taking this week and I think your floral theme works really well with your pose. Closing your eyes is a big risk and for me it didn't work, but lets see what the other judges think of it.

Lindsay: Ugh. As someone who personally is rooting for you, I feel like you really bombed (and not in a good way) this challenge. I told you last week to take risks since you've been playing the safe card twice now, and you still give us a basic-esque photo. Red for me was one of the easiest colors for floral patterns this week and you gave us... this. I don't know, I don't really like it at all. You look pale as a ghost and this could easily pass for a doll. There's nothing genuinely too impressionistic about this photo shoot and I'm disappointed you didn't go further with your picture.

Barbara: Ouch girl.

Millie: Thanks Hailey.
2821 days 4 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Up next is last weeks winner, ANUTHIDA.

Anuthida: Hi judges!

Millie: Feeling good after last week?

Anuthida: I think so. I'm upset I bombed the challenge but I think I'm better at the photo shoots, so hopefully I can redeem myself.

Lindsay: Your photo last week was amazing, so hopefully you pull it off again.

Anuthida: So do I.

Millie: Here's your photo then. Let's check it out.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28944371550/in/album-72157672870616096/

Barbara:  LOVE this picture! It is everything a high fashion photo should be. The neck might be a little masculine for some though but I love it, it draws my attention. Keep it up.

Lindsay: Eh I disagree.

Barbara: Of course...

Lindsay: This is an amazingly strong photo but I don't really get floral at all? Sure the outfit has a few shapes here and there but it's really hard to depict whether they're floral designs or not. The face and the photo quality are amazing though, and I praise you for it. Everything in this picture is on fleek; the makeup, the pose, everything! I just think you should have picked something more obvious when it comes down to the theme because this is a bit hard to follow.

Millie: Like many of the other girls this week, you fall under the category of not really following through with the theme. Although it's hard to tell with yours, I am pretty confident that this is another tie-dye outfit rather than floral. That is a particular shame for you as aside from that, I think this photo has the potential to be amazing. You are working it from head to toe here; Your face looks amazing, and you are really selling all aspects of the outfit, be it the jewelry, the bag or the clothes itself. I do like the facial expression, and the intensity than can be shown through your eyes being closed, but we did see that from you last week. You are clearly very good at mastering that look, but I want to see something different from you in the coming weeks. Show us those beautiful eyes of yours!

Anuthida: Okay, sorry about that guys.

Barbara: Wasn't a problem for me.
2821 days 4 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Girl number 3 is going to be BRENDINA.

*Brendina struts up*

Millie: So bottom two last week, how was that?

Brendina: REALLY nerve-wracking, don't ever want to be there again.

Barbara: How bad was the photo?

Millie: Not awful, but definitely one of the worst last week.

Lindsay: Want to see your photo?

Brendina: Absolutely.

Millie: Here you go then.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28944371180/in/album-72157672870616096/

Barbara: I'm seeing so much growth in you! This picture is FLAWLESS. The makeup and the colors and everything is so perfect. However, I wish your eyes were a little more engaged. Other than that it is a great photo.

Lindsay: This reminds me of the picture you sent in with the cup? But nonetheless, this is a great picture. At first, I was like "Oh my God this is awful" but the more I looked into the details of it I started liking it. The updo-like hairstyle you have is gorgeous, and the specific yellow in this is truly amazing. Such a step up from your first two performances in this competition and I'm hoping you keep it at that. This is an amazing photo, and I think this is a top tier photo for this week.

Barbara: And you Millie?

Millie: I think I'm leaning slightly towards you Barbara.

Barbara: Not surprised.

Millie: Of all of the girls this week, you definitely had the hardest time finding a photo, which you messaged me about, and ultimately I am pleased with the result as it's much better than your original photo. You managed to find a fashionable photo with a yellow floral outfit which is also high fashion which I commend you on. However, the thing that really lets you down for me with this shot is your eyes - they are completely dead! If you're not going to submit a full-length shot in which a dynamic pose can somewhat redeem a lackluster facial expression, then you really have to have to be on your A game. You have wonderful bone structure, but you need the intensity in your eyes (whether it be a powerful, mysterious or serene look) to really turn your photos from good to great.

Brendina: Thanks judges.
2821 days 4 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Come on down... NINA!

Nina: I'm here!

Barbara: So how was last week for you?

Nina: Last week was good actually. I really improved on my first week photo, and I just feel like I'm really growing in this competition.

Barbara: So this week went well?

Nina: I think so, but it's up to you guys to decide.

Lindsay: *laughs* We shall see.

Millie: We shall. Here's your best photo Nina.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28611692923/in/album-72157672870616096/

Lindsay: I'll go first this time.

Nina: Sure.

Lindsay: This is okay. The coloration is awesome, and I'm really liking it. This is a huge step-up from you being contentiously the "sexy" girl of the competition. You kind of remind me of a butterfly, and I really like the concept behind this! One thing though, your right arm is just... dead. I feel like you could've done something more with it because it's just there, all floppy and awkward. Anyway, this is a good photo, and I'm glad you stepped out of your comfort zone, submitting something a little different from what you used to send in.

Millie: I like this shot Nina, and is showing your improvement in the competition, but I'm just questioning whether this photo is fit for the theme? There is evidently a floral concept in this photo, but the main assignment was to be wearing a floral outfit and like Jessie, you are wearing more of a tie-dye/paisley printed dress rather than a floral one. Nevertheless, for me I think it's an okay shot. You look absolutely beautiful and as much as I've criticized the flowers not being on the dress, I really love the whole visual you are trying to create. Additionally, this is how you add some motion to the photograph, whilst still keeping it relatively high fashion. My only slight issue here is that your mouth looks a little tense and for some reason I can't stop looking at it? Good job though.

Barbara: The competition is so fierce this week that this photo doesn't stand out. I just can't get over that dead looking face, and for that reason, I'm afraid you're not going to be at the top of my list.

Nina: Oh, didn't see that coming. Thank you anyway though.
2821 days 3 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Up next to critique we have ALEXANDRIA.

Alexandria: Oh heyyyy!

Lindsay: Hey girl. How's it going.

Alexandria: It's going good, thank you. I won the challenge this week so I'm on a super high right now.

Millie: Oh yes, once again congratulations.

Alexandria: Thankyou. Now I've got a first call-out and a challenge win under my belt, I feel really good.

Lindsay: You should.

Millie: Hopefully you can make it two first call-outs. Let's find out.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28944371780/in/album-72157672870616096/

Millie: I'm conflicted about this shot Alexandria. On the one hand, you are the only girl with the green color who actually managed to master this shoot; Not only did you find a green photo, but of the three girls, yours is the only photo that I could picture in a real fashion magazine editorial, so you should be proud of that. I like your face here, it's not overpowering the photo, but I would have liked just that tiny bit extra behind the eyes. As for the pose, I'm not really feeling it. The arms look really awkward to me, which was also your problem last week. They look stiff, and just awkwardly placed? You clearly tried to do something with your arms so that you weren't just standing there like Chloe was, but they just look forced and not natural at all. Despite that, I think this shot is solid. Not your best work, but definitely not the worst this week.

Alexandria: Okay, thanks Millie.

Barbara: I don't like this shot very much, you blend in with the background and I don't really notice you as a model. I really like the makeup though. If you stay make sure to stand out next week.

Lindsay: Personally, I think this is your weakest photo shoot yet. It's not a bad photo shoot, but it's just "good" compared to your other ones. I think you have a great chance of winning this competition, but it all comes down to whether you're gonna keep impressing us or not. Because you've been in the top four for the past 2 weeks, so Millie and I both expect great things from you. Just remind yourself you have to keep that "WOW!" factor going, or else you're gonna get outshined by the other girls. Nonetheless, this is a good photo.

Alexandria: Okay, thanks judges.

Millie: Thanks Alex.
2821 days 3 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Halfway there. Our next girl will be CHLOE.

Chloe: Hi judges. Welcome back Barbara.

Barbara: Thankyou.

Lindsay: Yeah where were you last week Barbara?

Barbara: Who knows. Probably walking for some major designers as I was actually able to WIN the competition?

Lindsay: https://d2arxad8u2l0g7.cloudfront.net/hostedimages/1383229327ra/6449131.gif

Millie: Before this escalates, do you wanna see your photo?

Chloe: Duh.

Millie: Here you go then.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28611699003/in/album-72157672870616096/

Lindsay: I love the dress, the hairstyle and everything but this looks like you went on an H&M site, screenshotted a model wearing this poncho-like dress thing and posted it as your photo shoot. This is honestly unprofessional and it doesn't live up to the other girls' shots. I understand you were also given a difficult color to work with, but that's no excuse considering Alexandria pulled it off quite well and she had the same one as you. Like Jordan, I feel like you were both front runners to win this competition but you're both slipping deeper in the crack and it's time you pull yourself back up because your odds of going home are increasing.

Barbara: Extremely disappointed. This photo is extremely lack luster and dull. You look like you're modeling clothes for target. Hopefully the other judges can elaborate. You need to step it up big time if you want to make it far in this competition.

Chloe: Oh my god no. *holds back tears*

Millie: I'm afraid to say it Chloe, but this photo is EXTREMELY disappointing, and possibly one of the most underwhelming photos in TNTM history. These past two weeks you've shown some consistently good work, but this is so not high fashion that I can't even deal. Like Lindsay mentioned, this look like a catalogue shoot for some high street brand like H&M, which is perfectly fine if that's the sort of modelling you want to go in to, but here at TNTM we want high fashion. I can't even critique the pose, as there isn't one to start with. All you are doing here is standing there, wearing a green floral dress looking like a pretty girl. As Alexandria demonstrated, the photos are out there, but you need to have a hard look. We don't want to see this kind of photo in the future I'm afraid.

Chloe: *nods and heads back*
2821 days 3 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Alright NASTASIA, you're next.

Nastasia: Alrighty.

Millie: So-

Nastasia: Before we start can I just say thank you to Lindsay? I really felt like she helped me stay last week and I wanted to thank her for it.

Millie: Oh absolutely.

Lindsay: You're welcome but remember, second chances don't come around often so don't expect them again in the future.

Nastasia: Hopefully I won't need another one.

Barbara: Sure.

Millie: Let's get straight to your best shot.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/29153822641/in/album-72157672870616096/

Millie: I'm sorry Nastasia, but once again I'm not a fan of this photograph. Rather than an ad campaign or editorial shot, this looks like a promotional photo for a modelling television show. I see what you were going for with this walking shoot, trying to add some motion to the photograph, but for me it's not doing anything whatsoever. The fact that it's paired with this semi-smile just gives off a very amateur commercial vibe to the whole shot, which like with Chloe just makes it seem very catalogue, which isn't what we are looking for in this competition. You've completely lost your right arm, and the arm that we can see looks completely dead. Also, the photo has this weird blurred effect around you which really doesn't appeal to me, and ultimately puts me off the whole photo. Sorry once again.

Lindsay: Oh god. Like I said to Chloe, this looks like you went on a shopping site and cropped out a model wearing something green.  I really don't like this at all. Again, I get that you were given a color that's hard to work with, but Alexandria proved that it's doable yet, you and Chloe both managed to send in something similar (concept wise) and call it a day. It's not acceptable, and it's really bland compared to what the other girls sent in. The reason you're still here is because I felt star-power potential from you, but you're really sucking the life out of me right now. Your chances are limited, honey, and you're not getting any more.

Barbara: There's that third chance.

Nastasia: Shit.

Barbara: I am quite impressed! This photo to me says HIGH FASHION and I LOVE IT.  I can totally see you on the cover of Vogue, keep it up!

Millie: WHAT?

Lindsay: Are you joking?

Nastasia: Thankyou so so so much Barbara.

Barbara: *smiles*
2821 days 3 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Next up we have XIMENA.

Lindsay: Come on down gorgeous.

Barbara: I have an announcement as well.

Millie: Go right ahead.

Barbara: Hi Ximena, I just wanted to apologise for being so harsh to you in week 1. I didn't get the chance to apologise last week, so I thought I'd do it now.

Ximena: Oh wow. Thanks, I appreciate you saying that to me.

Barbara: Don't expect it again though girl.

Ximena: *laughs* I definitely wasn't.

Millie: How was the shoot?

Ximena: I think it went well. Just let me see my shot Millie!

Millie: Okay, okay. Here you go.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28944365440/in/album-72157672870616096/

Millie: I think I'm a fan of this Ximena. For me, the star of this shot is your face; despite it being a quite high angled shot, you still managed to retain a strong eye contact with the camera as well as keeping your face looking gorgeous. The main issue for me with this shot is the background as I just feel there are too many things going on. I don't mind this kind of 'pattern' theme you've got going on, but I think that when you're selling a specific item, whether it be a dress or a piece of jewelry, then that has to be the star of the show, and I feel that there are so many different things going on here that I'm not looking at the dress. As an editorial in Harper's Bazaar? I think this would be fantastic, but as a one-off campaign shot I just don't think it would be the best fit. Nevertheless, a strong photo this week, I'm glad.

Lindsay: I wanna root for you so bad. And every week I'm waiting for you to send in a breath taking photo and I guess it's not this week. This REALLY reminds me of what Jessie sent it, except I prefer yours. One thing that does bother me though is the colors, I feel like there's SO many at once and it's really hard to tell whether you followed your given one, which is pink. And I feel like I'm seeing every single color but pink. This is a strong picture, but again, there's way too much going on at once to tell. Give us something cleaner next time, since I think being messy is your downfall.

Ximena: No more distractions. Got it.

Barbara: I see what you were trying to do and I appreciate the risk, but I don't know...everything is so beautiful and floral..and then your face/makeup is so hideous, it just doesn't work for me.

Ximena: Okay, thank you.

Millie: Thanks Ximena.
2821 days 3 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Come on down miss KALLIE.

Kallie: Heya!

Lindsay: Second call-out again last week.

Kallie: I know, so unfair!!!

Millie: Barbara knows your pain though.

Barbara: Don't even worry about it. I was runner up for first call-out 4 or 5 times in my cycle and I WON.

Kallie: That's very true.

Barbara: Just remember I WON Lindsay.

Lindsay: *silence*

Millie: Hopefully it's not a runner-up this time, and it's a winner. Here's your photo Kallie.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28611694313/in/album-72157672870616096/

Barbara: Well first lets start with the positive, I am LOVING your legs and the asethtic of this photo, so in that regard, you stand out. However, because you are so far away (for me), personally, it falls a little bit flat on the face for me, which is strange because usually your face is very strong. Overall, a decent shot for me.

Kallie: Okay cool.

Lindsay: Out of the three pictures I had to judge from you in the past 3 weeks, this is my least favorite. You kinda went the same road Jessie did, there's just SO much going on and it's really hard to judge anything. I don't really like the hair at all, I just feel like it should have been more sleek and effortless looking. And I think you should have lost that tutu thing underneath you, it really would have made this shoot cleaner and a lot more interesting, since it's just taking up all the empty space left in this picture. Anyway, this is a good photo. It's definitely not something to send you home over. Just try to go a bit cleaner with your pictures.

Millie: This shot is okay to me Kallie, but personally I think it's missing that extra spark that you've had in your photos in previous weeks. Firstly, I'll start by thanking you for truly understanding this week by not only modelling a floral garment (which some of the other girls didn't do) but also by trying to incorporate the Liberty London brand into your shoot. I'm actually a fan of the relaxed pose - sometimes I feel like there's this pressure to be creating all of these angles and to be 'fierce', when often being relaxed and natural is the best way forward. You look ridiculously tall, and those legs are something any girl would be envious of. I would have liked to have seen a little bit more fire behind the eyes though as I think that could have really taken this shot somewhere else, but it's still a beautiful photo.

Kallie: Not too sure what to think. Thanks though.

Barbara: You're welcome.
2821 days 3 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Second-to-last this time is going to be JORDAN.

Jordan: Thank god, just didn't want to be the last one.

Millie: Someone's gotta be though. How was the shoot?

Jordan: I went in this week super determined. These past couple of weeks I've done alright but this week I really wanted to do well, especially after I was out in the first round of the challenge.

Lindsay: Well it's nice to see someone's dedicated.

Jordan: Oh definitely. I want to win this so bad.

Millie: Ready to see your photo?

Jordan: I've been waiting all week. Come on!

Millie: Alright then. Here we go...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28611695033/in/album-72157672870616096/

Barbara: This photo isn't bad, but it's very safe. You're not really offering that we as judges haven't seen before. I want to see something more risky next time, you MUST stand out and demand attention. I would've liked this photo more if you were gazing out the window. Your pose is just a little awkward for me as well.

Lindsay: Oh I disagree.

Millie: Me too.

Lindsay: YES. You finally dug yourself out of that shitty hole you were in last week. This is the Jordan I fell in love with during the first week. You're giving me Game of Thrones meets Rapunzel and I honestly ADORE it. This is such a great photo, the coloration of the dress is the cherry on top for me. I think everything is played out so amazingly good and I don't really have anything to complain about to you this week. So excited to see you've got your head back in the game, I'm looking forward to see more pictures like this from you!

Millie: This is absolutely stunning, and for me is your best shot of the series thus far. So far this cycle, I've been waiting for you to have your stand-out moment, and this is it and I'm so happy for you. Like with Kallie's shot, sometimes the relaxed look can be stronger than doing some fierce pose. You look so serene and ethereal, while still keeping that 'fashion' look to the shot. I like how you took the theme of 'yellow' and chose to go for a dress with yellow flowers on it, rather than simply a yellow floral dress; Yellow was one of the harder themes this week, and I think this goes to show that the content is out there but you just have to look for it. I love your facial expression and how you are really connecting with the camera, but still my eye goes to the dress, and as a client that is what you want. Very well done.

Jordan: Oh wow. That's really flattering!

Millie: Well it was deserved.
2821 days 3 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: And JESSIE. You're the last one up tonight.

Jessie: No problem.

Millie: Now I've definitely seen a change in attitude in you this week which I'm very pleased to see.

Jessie: Thankyou, I've really been trying.

Millie: That's really great news. This industry isn't easy and you really have to apply yourself to all aspects of it, so I'm proud of you.

Jessie: Okay thanks.

Lindsay: How was the shoot?

Jessie: Easy I think. I feel like I did pretty well.

Barbara: Let's see then.

Millie: Okay, here you are.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28611695923/in/album-72157672870616096/

Millie: This photo is okay Jessie; however, I think the thing that stands out the most is that this photo really reminds me of Ximena's (because they are from the spread). When in a competition like this, you should always check what the other girls have posted before you as you don't want to get accused of copying from other girls. I in no way or shape believe you copied off Ximena, or will mark you down for it, but I just wanted to let you know for your own sake. The pose is okay, but I think the face is a little too distracting. To me, it looks as if you tried so hard to be 'fierce' this week that it's kind of dominated the photograph, and not in a great away. Also, I'm not really sure if this shot fits the theme of 'floral'. To me, this looks more like a red tie-dye pattern than floral. Overall, an okay shot but I'm still waiting to see that week 1 girl come back.

Lindsay: Like Hailey, you were both given an easier color to deal with. And you give us something like this? It's not really bad, it's just... there's SO much stuff going on at once I have no idea what to start critiquing first. The face comes off as more comedic than fierce, and that's not a good sign. You look literally camouflaged in that red blanket thing of yours and it really distracts me from judging anything at all, it's way too over the top for my liking. I like how you took my advice though, since last week your performance was really underwhelming. But this week it's too much, just try to go in the middle, because you're overdoing it this week.

Barbara: Unlike Alexandria's photo (idk if that was her she wasn't memorable), I am LOVING your camouflage. I'm loving your face, your pose, everything really. The only thing that bothers me is the tattoo work on your body, but that's just personal preference. Good job this week!

Lindsay: Wow shade at Alex.

Alexandria: Whatever!

Millie: Thanks Jessie.
2821 days 3 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Okay, now it is time fun three judges to deliberate our rankings. When I call you back I will announce who the winner of the third Vogue Girl poll of the season was, who got first call-out, and which girl will be leaving the competition in eleventh place. Good luck to you all.
2821 days 2 hours ago
deshonBANNEDISBACK
Wow so much truth coming out, very telling  !
2820 days 22 hours ago
Katherinee_
The flower blooms to die they say, but I am already dead LOL
2820 days 14 hours ago
Maxi1234
Nastasia is gonna keep living on by a thread each week. MARK MY WORDS.

And I love how Millie and I shared the same opinions this week < 3

open group

Tengaged's Next Top Model

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!