This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 8 ~ Givenchy (Judging Panel)

Topic » Episode 8 ~ Givenchy (Judging..

3722 days 13 hours ago
Millzipede
*The final 7 walk into the luxurious judging room in Sydney*

Hello to my top 6 girls! You have made it to the eight week of this competition, and additionally your first week in the amazing city of Sydney, Australia. This week, you participated in a motion editorial called "Alone" for none other than Givenchy. Anyway, It is now time to evaluate your photos, and then decide which one of you is eliminated. On a lighter note, here are the prizes for the WINNER of this competition.

PRIZES:

Now, I must introduce our fabulous judges for this season!

Actually girls, we had some problems with the judges this week so it will only be ME this week, so good luck! Mwahahaha

So with that out of the way, we will move on to your photo critiques! <333
3722 days 13 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Okay, first girl up this week is Brittany.

Brittany: Heya girl!

Millie: Hiya. So how was the shoot for you?

Brittany: Umm, it was difficult for sure. I've never done anything like this before, so it was a completely new experience, so I'm really not sure how I did.

Millie: Well despite being in the bottom two last week, I must congratulate you on your challenge win.

Brittany: Haha thankyou!

Millie: Although you did kind of win by default...

Brittany: Don't take that away from me!!!

Millie: Haha, I won't, Anyway's here's the motion editorial!

Millie: I'm going to be completely honest Brittany and say that I really don't like your video this week. I told you before the shoot that the theme of the motion editorial was 'alone' and I even gave you the music for it. Your video just seemed to 'ethereal' and 'mystical' and it just really didn't work with the theme of this week. Although you look pretty, I thought that being in the bottom two last week might light the fire within you again to make you step up, but this was just disappointing. When editing, it was extremely hard to fit you into the overall story, and as a model if you cannot follow instructions then that's not going to make you a bookable model.

Brittany: *sighs* Thanks anyway.
3721 days 18 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Next up we have Becca!

Becca: Hiya!

Millie: So going off what Brittany said, have you done anything like this before?

Becca: Not really. My sister, Bella, has participated in the motion editorial twice before and even got first call-out for it last season so before I came out here she did give me some tips.

Millie: Were they useful?

Becca: In some respects. I mean it's a completely different experience!

Millie: I'm sure this whole thing is!

Becca: Oh it's surreal.

Millie: Wanna see how you did?

Becca: Go for it!

Millie: Here it is ~~~

Millie: You said that before entering this competition your sister gave you some tips specifically for this challenge, and they definitely paid off. Of all of the girls all of your movements were by far the best, and in contrast to Brittany I felt like the theme really came across throughout your film. I thought that the incorporation of the mirror was a genius idea and it almost built up this back-story of how you didn't want to face who you really were, which I liked. However, you said you took tips, but last season Hailey got sent home for her ME purely because of a poor quality video, and that is exactly what yours is. I wanted to see your beautiful face and body, not some blurry mess.

Becca: Wow, I'm sorry.

Millie: Sorry Becca.
3721 days 18 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Next girl up is Augustine.

Augustine: Gooday mayte!

Millie: That was awful.

Augustine: Haha, I tried.

Millie: Well, I take it you are enjoying Australia regardless?

Augustine: Hell to the yes. I'm from a small town in Mississippi, and I've never actually left the country before. So now coming to this whole new country on the other side of the world is truly amazing.

Millie: Plus one of the fashions capitals.

Augustine: Exactly, and I'm only 16!

Millie: Well I'm glad that you are really appreciative of this experience.

Augustine: I just hope I get to stay longer.

Millie: Well, it depends on your video. Let's take a look. ~~~

Millie: At first Augustine, like Brittany, it was really hard for me to find a way to incorporate you into the motion editorial as your idea, although creative, didn't particularly mesh well with many of the other girls' shoots, however I did like it. I love the theme of how you were literally alone in the wilderness, rather than taking a deeper more metaphorical approach. You look absolutely stunning here, and you are one of the more dynamic girls, plus we got to see that sexiness out of you again! My biggest concern, however, was that the majority of your film was actually unusable. You selected an ad for a fragrance named 'joy' which is the complete opposite of what this whole week was about, so you kind of just missed the point. Although we ended up with something great, it wasn't easy.

Augustine: *gulps* I really did try...
3721 days 18 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Now it's Larkin's turn to be critiqued.

Larkin: Sure thing.

Millie: Now you narrowly missed landing in the bottom two for a third time last week, what's going on with you?

Larkin: I truly don't know. I honestly feel like every week I give it my all to produce the best that I can, but when I see the photos either It's not as strong as I hoped it could be, or the other girls were just stronger.

Millie: You know, we're at the final 6 now and we can't be having that...

Larkin: I know.

Millie: This is the time to be stepping it up and making us realize that you could be the next supermodel, and at this rate I'm just not seeing it.

Larkin: Well, hopefully I did well this week.

Millie: Let's see then ~~~

Millie: Larkin, despite what I just said, you were in fact one of the stronger girls this week. Like Becca, I feel like you really mastered the concept of what it was to be Alone, and you were almost the opposite of Augustine in that you were portraying this rich, luxurious lifestyle, yet still showing that it doesn't get you everything, and no matter what you have, you can still be alone. You look really beautiful, and it's nice to see you improving again. When I look back at your video for a second time though, it's not particularly impressive to me. Although you look great, I just don't see a lot of energy. I see the emotion in your face, but in all of your shots you are just standing there, and in your film all of the clips where you were moving, you looked to happy and jolly. Like Augustine, it was hard to get something out of you.

Larkin: I'll take that on board, but thanks for the compliments though.
3721 days 17 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: It's Barbara's turn now!

Barbara: Yay!

Millie: So fifth second call-out of the season...

Barbara: Haha, stop Millie I don't want to talk about it!

Millie: Don't worry I won't. So how's life back at the house?

Barbara: You know, it's getting towards the end of the competition, and tensions are high between some of the girls, but you know what it just have to ignore the haters and show them whose queen bee.

Millie: Have you got haters?

Barbara: Girl, you know I have.

Millie: Haha, well hopefully this week you can prove them wrong. Want to see how you did?

Barbara: Let's go.

Millie: Here it is ~~~

Millie: I'll start with the bad news Barbara, I really did not like the fact that your motion editorial was in black and white. Although it could have been a good idea, all of the other girls' shots were filmed in colour, so it would have been a hindrance to the others if I had to change theirs just to suit yours. Which is such a shame as like Becca, I felt you really showed the emotion of 'alone' and in terms of expression of the theme you were probably one of the best girls at playing a character. I liked your story of being this celebrity, who was being hunted by the paparazzi, yet still felt alone in her world, and it was a really cool take on it.  This would have been first call-out if it wasn't for black and white filter.

Barbara: Shoot.
3721 days 17 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: And last but not least, we have Lindsay.

Lindsay: Heya, I've been waiting for this for a LONG time.

Millie: You excited for this?

Lindsay: Hell yeah. I had such a fun time on set, and so I'm just really pumped to see how the whole shoot turned out.

Millie: Do you think you did well?

Lindsay: Umm, I'm not too sure, but I just hope that because I enjoyed the experience so much, that it shows throughout my motion editorial.

Millie: Shall we get straight to it?

Lindsay: For sure.

Millie: Here's your best take ~~~

Millie: You know, you said you really enjoyed the motion editorial which I appreciate, but to be honest I feel like it came through a little too much in your face and body language as your whole film just seemed to be, like Brittany, too happy and sexy, so I feel like you didn't really master the theme for this week. Everything from the scene in bed, to hopping on to the back of the motorcycle at the end, everything was just too flirty and sexy, and although it was a great side to see from you, this week was all about portraying a character and emotion and we just didn't get that from you. Additionally, you, and everyone but Brittany didn't submit a challenge, so that puts you in the firing line as well.

Lindsay: Oh God, I'm worried now.

Millie You should be.
3721 days 17 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Okay, now it is time for me to think about all of your takes, and everything which has happened in this past week, and when I call you back I will announce which one of you will be eliminated, and be sent back home.

open group

Tengaged's Next Top Model

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!