This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

SFN: Ghost Island // Format

Topic » SFN: Ghost Island // Format

2235 days 9 hours ago
SuitMan13
This season on Flop Nation, we’re adapting the titular twist from CBS Survivor’s 36th season - Ghost Island. As we have fit this for a Tengaged group game, there are some alterations to how it functions.

The basic concept remains the same. Ghost Island is a place haunted by the mistakes from past Suitman seasons, manifesting in the actual idols and advantages that did past castaways in.

Each episode, the winning tribe must unanimously agree on someone from the losing tribe to go to Ghost Island. If they cannot agree, the WINNING tribe will all draw rocks, to determine which ONE person has the sole power to CHOOSE who from the losers goes. This differs from the show, where it’s the losing tribe that draw rocks, with the odd rock going automatically. Our alteration means that the person who goes is ALWAYS a decision by someone, no matter what.

The player sent to Ghost Island will not go to Tribal Council with the rest of their tribe and is therefore immune. In our version, everyone who goes to the island will get the chance to play the game, rather than having to jump over the first hurdle of just getting the note to play by smashing an urn.

With the Ghost Island game, the player will be presented with a number of crates, and the opportunity to open one of them if they wager something. In the show, this is always the player’s next vote at Tribal Council, BUT, in our version, there are a number of different wagers that could be put to the player on Ghost Island, which they must risk in order to try and get the potential advantage reward.

If a crate with an advantage is opened, the player obtains it to use as instructed, with no forfeit or punishment. If an empty crate is opened, the player wins no advantage, and instead receives the forfeits of whatever it is they wagered at the start.

The player returns to the main game following their tribe’s Tribal Council.

This season, to make things a little different, there will NOT be one big Skype chat, only TRIBE Skype chats. Furthermore, if you are sent to Ghost Island, you’ll be removed from the tribe Skype chat and dropped into the Ghost Island one, from where you will play the Ghost Island game.
2235 days 9 hours ago
SuitMan13
Competitions will 90% of the time be at 5pm EST, and if that changes it will likely be non-live or at 6pm instead.

Votes will always be due the next day at 4pm EST. As usual, you get a self-vote if you don't vote. Three votes and your out.

TIES are resolved by re-vote, and then, if necessary, the Purple Rock tiebreaker between the non-immune players who did not tie. If there is a tie at the Final Four (or if only four castaways remain on a tribe), then we skip the re-vote and go straight to the Purple Rock tiebreaker, this time between tied players ONLY.

At the Final Tribal Council I will ask the last person voted out pre-Jury to be a SUBSTITUTE JUROR. This means they have to submit a Jury vote to me which will ONLY count in the case of a tie to decide the winner.

HIDDEN IMMUNITY IDOLS are in play alongside Ghost Island. More information on that and how to find them tomorrow. And in a change from my previous rule that afflicted many players in the past, this season you WILL be able to play them live at the vote read.
2234 days 13 hours ago
SuitMan13
HIDDEN IMMUNITY IDOLS

Each episode, the winning tribe will be given a CLUE to the whereabouts to the Hidden Immunity Idol for their tribe. Regardless of if you get a clue or not, each person is allowed ONE guess to the whereabouts of a Hidden Immunity Idol per episode.

So YES, you may guess for a idol WITHOUT a clue, but your options will remain wide and limited for the answer that will get you the idol. The exception to this is if you are on Ghost Island, where you CANNOT guess as you are not with your tribe at camp.

Obviously, the first person to guess the location answer correctly will win the hidden immunity idol for themselves. An idol can be played before any vote read at a Tribal Council it’s holder is attending, either live at the read, or prior when you cast your vote. The last chance to play is when I announce “If anyone has a hidden immunity idol, now is the time to play it”. The final deadline is when I say “I’ll read the votes”.

Things you CAN do with an idol:

— Play it on yourself
— Pass it to a member of your own tribe.
— Play it on a member of your own tribe.

Things you CANNOT do with an idol:
— Pass it to a member of a different tribe.
— Play it on a member of a different tribe.
— Pass it to ANYONE or play it on ANYONE when you are on Ghost Island. You are not at camp or at Tribal, so the idol -STAYS- in your possession and cannot move.
— Play it when I have already started reading the fucking votes, idiots.
— Give the idol ‘special rules’ such as “I’ll only play it if this person votes this way”. Just no.

open group

Suitman Presents

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!