This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

SFN: Raven // Format

Topic » SFN: Raven // Format

2176 days 9 hours ago
SuitMan13
The seventh season of Flop Nation is coming up fast, and will be based on UK tv kids gameshow 'Raven'. The nostalgic and faithful format resembles a competition-based tournament, uniquely playing out with separate groups of different players over it's duration.

— FORMAT SUMMARY —
The show features 18 competitors (known as ‘warriors’) who are split into 3 groups of 6. Each warrior competes against the other players in their group for the duration of 1 game week (Five days), in a variety of individual, team, pair, and head-to-head challenges. At three points in the week, the worst performing player must attempt a tough elimination competition known as ‘The Way of the Warrior’, where failure results in elimination. At the end of the week, the last three warriors play ‘The Last Stand’, to determine which two people will progress to the final week. Once all three groups have played over three weeks, and each produced two winners, the top 6 repeat the above format over the final fourth week, with the Final Last Stand deciding the one true Ultimate Warrior.

— FORMAT DETAILS —
At the start of each 5-day week of the game, the competing group of 6 warriors for that week are revealed. Each warrior starts out with 9 lives. Losing any challenge holds the penalty of losing 1 life, but these can be won back. Each challenge is played to win a certain amount of gold rings, and if a warrior wins 9 rings, it is exchanged in return for an extra life. If a warrior looses all their lives, they are immediately eliminated from the process, without an elimination challenge.

From the end of the second day, the warrior with the least number of lives and rings must face ‘The Way of the Warrior’, a complex and difficult series of tasks that are designed to only be won by the toughest of warriors. Should someone succeed at the Way of the Warrior, they will be admitted through to the next day of the quest with an extra life, and the task must then fall upon the next warrior with the least number of lives and rings. This process continues until somebody is eliminated. If there is a tie on lives and rings at the bottom, Chatzy decides who plays.

The Way of the Warrior is replaced on the last day of each week by a final competition known as ‘The Last Stand’, where the final three warriors battle one last series of obstacles to make it to the final week, their remaining lives and rings determining the relative time advantage head-start they have over their competitors. The two that finish first advance to the final week.

In the final week, the top 6 warriors from the 3 initial weeks compete once again following the same format, with different competitions. Everyone’s lives and rings are reset at the start of the week to the starting amount of 9 lives and 0 rings. A modified Last Stand features for the ultimate final three warriors, this time with only one victor, who is declared the Ultimate Warrior.
2174 days 18 hours ago
SuitMan13
— GAME LOGISTICS —
As stated before, this game takes place over 4 game weeks each lasting 5 days, however you will only compete in 1-2 of these weeks, depending if you are eliminated in your initial week, or if you are one of the 6 that advance to the final week.

Each week will be a rather intense in terms of competitions, with this being a comp-based season. Most days will have 3 competitions - 2 that happen live at 5pm EST, and 1 that is non-live - but this is subject to alteration. The live competitions should be shorter and more succinct than my regular ones so that we can get both competitions done in a fair time. The Way of the Warrior is a semi-live task separate from the main competitions, in which the competing warrior must contact me to play. The Last Stand will be a live competition on the final day of the week.

For this game, you’ll ideally need to be available to compete every day for your initial week, and the final week if you make it. You’ll lose a life by default for any competition you do not compete in. For the Way of the Warrior, the competing warrior must contact me to play, either directly after the competition, or between then and the the next day’s competitions, whenever we are both free to do it. Failure to play results in automatic elimination. If you succeed in the task, it will fall to the next player, who can play it live at 5pm EST before the next day’s comps.

Because of the structure of the format, we’ll need to keep to the 5-day cycle and not delay things, so that the future weeks start and end at the right point for the warriors destined to play.  If for whatever reason you can’t make a particular day all of a sudden, I won’t mind and I’ll understand, but be aware I’ll still have to remove a life for each comp you don’t play. The only time this will change is if I suddenly can’t host, because that puts us all out.

It should also be known that for the first three initial weeks, the comps will be the same for each group, if potentially in a different order. This is so that all players get the same chance in the game, and I also don’t have to make a billion different challenges. New competitions will feature for the warriors that advance to the final week of the game.

— SCHEDULE —
Subject to Alteration
WEEK 1 — May 21 to May 25
WEEK 2 — May 26 to May 30
WEEK 3 — May 31 to June 4
FINAL WEEK — June 5 to June 9/10
2167 days 9 hours ago
SuitMan13
bump

open group

Suitman Presents

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!