This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Season 3 - Week 9: Make A Change

Topic » Season 3 - Week 9: Make A..

3571 days 5 hours ago
doodyful
Hello hello hello!

This week, we're getting serious.

I want all of you to select a political issue, write a Public Service Announcement about it. You could make it funny, but I would prefer you to write something meaningful and creative about something you really care about.

For your PSA, you could write a speech, draw a picture or make a short video. Or you could do anything else you think will be effective!

Then on the runway, the category is 'Animal Kingdom'.

The lip-sync song this week is 'Song 4 Mutya' by Groove Armada. (Yes I changed it)

And to prove to you how serious the competition is getting, two of you will be going home this week!

You will have just 48 hours to complete this challenge.

Gentlemen, start your engines: and may the best woman... win!
3571 days 3 hours ago
savannah19
PSA:
Very little, if any, of our identity is permanent and unchangeable nowadays. Surgery can alter everything from gender and height, to body shape and facial image. People are no longer content to stay within fixed roles as previous generations once did. People, and often women, are not accepting of who they are anymore.
  Chimamanda Nogzi Adichi, a feminist, says “We teach girls to shrink themselves – to make themselves smaller. We say to girls, you can have ambition, but not too much. You should aim to be successful, but not too successful, otherwise you will threaten the man.”  This suggests that our society is objectifying women, depicting them as an item that should please males and be subject to their reign, rather than a separate entity with its own morals and integrities. Women are being taught to change who they are, and live up to a standard of beauty and talent, that is usually unachievable.
We have to act now if we want to make a positive change towards the world's social standards and views on equality. Our children are the leaders of the coming generations. Educate today to pave for tomorrow.

Here is my Animal Kingdom Look: http://i.imgur.com/1YqBAXa.jpg
I'm serving up some Swine Mother realness,embodying the naturalness of the outdoors by minimizing the makeup and breathing in the fresh air.
3570 days 23 hours ago
pok3rf4ce
A very wise and talented person once said “I believe that children are the future”. And she was right; they are our future doctors, educators and lawyers. Unfortunately, there are many people who don't see it that way. That girl who is bullied because of her weight… she is going to be an amazing social worker. That boy who is teased because of the colour of his skin…he has his eyes set on a Nobel Prize. That kid who was bullied for being gay…

that was me. From the age of 9 I was bullied in school because I was different than everyone else. I was teased because I got on with the girls in school and the last place you would see me was playing sport at lunch time. As I got older and moved into high school, the bullying started becoming more threatening and physical. Words stung worse than punches and kicks. I had become a statistic.

The news is full of reports spouting statistics such as:

“1 in 4 young people aged 7-18 are the victims of bullying” - bullyingstatistics.org
“9 out of 10 LGBT teens have reported being bullied at school within the past year” – isafe.org
“35% of children have been threatened online” – Nobullying.com

I think it’s time we stopped looking at these as just numbers on a page. Every percent and every number is a child who can amount to wonderful things. It doesn't matter what ethnicity they are or what gender they identify as, or even what their sexual orientation is: these children are our future. We need to make sure schools are a safe place for the future’s bright young minds, free from threats and intimidation, safe from physical and emotional taunts. If we don’t look after the present, it’s going to affect the future. Help me, Luna Rox, look after the stars of tomorrow... today. Thank you.

Animal Kingdom look will be up later.
3570 days 20 hours ago
pok3rf4ce
Serving up fish, just call me Luna the Tuna. http://imgur.com/jK3HcME
3569 days 19 hours ago
Moxii
Bringing a popular fear to the animal kingdom, with this look I'm a SNAKE!
http://i60.tinypic.com/fvhco6.png

PSA:
Everyday animals are being tested and are dying because of it to benefit us humans. Over the past century humans have become extremely ignorant and think that they're the only things that matter in our world. Dosomething.org states that "Over 100 million animals are burned, crippled, poisoned and abused in U.S. labs every year,". This means that millions of animals are dying yearly for cosmetics, medicine, and other products just to help Americans alone. But some of the products don't even help us they're just made to make us look more attractive.  It is not fair that thousands of different species are losing their lives for just one species. Though the United States tests animals with products that are dangerous it is not the country that does the most animal testing. Dosomething.org states "It’s mandatory for all products to be tested on animals in China,". That's correct, every single product that is made in China must be tested on animals, and China makes the most products in the world! So next time your buy a product that says "Made In China" think about how the product you're supporting probably harmed an animal. Dosomething.org states that " Others tests involve killing pregnant animals and testing their fetuses,". The products you buy could be basically be killing TWO animals. DoSomething.org also states that "Meanwhile, the European Union issued a ban on the sale of new cosmetics that are tested on animals,". Europe is doing a wonderful job of protecting innocent animals from harm. You can also protect these animals by only buying products that have a leaping bunny icon on it because it guarantees that the product was not tested on animals. Please join me, Moxanne, to stop animal testing!
3569 days 8 hours ago
ellieo13
My PSA on the controversial topic of asylum seekers: http://imgur.com/HwAkiSp
My chameleon inspired look: http://i.imgur.com/FMRF8jL.gif
3569 days 8 hours ago
doodyful
-Closed-

open group

TAYLOR'S DRAG RACE 7

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!