This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Ahmed & Nano's Blog Song Contest - ROUND 7 RESULTS

Topic » Ahmed & Nano's Blog Song..

1198 days 18 hours ago
FighterMan
Welcome to Week seven song contest hosted by myself and @Petro. This is a free for all round, we asked you all to submit whatever you want and gave you 0 constraints.

Ya'll need to improve on originality and that's all imma say about this ROUND!

I’m going to start off with saying who is safe in RANKING order from BEST to WORST.
------------------------------SAFE BRACKET--------------------------------------------
@Useamint - Metric - Poster Of A Girl
Ahmed: I’ve never heard this song nor this band. I really love the girls vocals from the minute Verse 1 starts and this song starts off VERY good. I think the main problem for me though is I’m failing to identify the chorus of this song. Like from 0:00 to 0:30 this song is amazing, but then it goes downhill from 0:30 to 1:08 and doesn’t sound catchy like a chorus should. Then I like it again from 1:08 till the talking happens again. I think if she did something different between the verses this song would be a banger. Overall, appreciate the uniqueness, love the start, but the french parts are a no for me. 6.5/10

ADVICE: Keep doing what you are doing, throwing artists we never heard of. Maybe try different genres and see where it takes you. I think you are one of the better people with song choices, just depends on the genre path you take.

Petro: i think it started off pretty strong, then it just became very dry and lifeless, and i kinda just couldn't get through it near the end cus i had lost all interest on it and it was very bland at that point.. like it's not something i'd listen to again probably i appreciate the uniqueness in the submission tho

@Gabrieltrezza - MC Paulin da Capital e MC Dricka - Casal Mandrake
Ahmed: This makes me want to jam at a club. I like the beat a lot and never heard of these people before. I feel the song needs a better beat drop though. I’m also not a fan of one of the people vocals, they’re a bit annoying. Overall, great song to jam to at a club, but not something i’d play freely nor have on my spotify playlist. 6/10

ADVICE: A lot of your songs can get bland or are boring to me in general, maybe try a different genre style of music or have something with more rhythm and better choruses. 

@Petro: ok tbh i dig brazilian music, it's pretty much a great vibe and it's definitely something i'd either wanna listen to at the gym or at a party, it was alright for a first listen, i see it definitely growing on me.. however, the only bad part about is the girl singing......? like i think the guy sounds great but idk mixed up with the girls voice it kinda ruins the song, especially at the end

The winner of this round is:
------------------------------WINNER BRACKET--------------------------------------------
@Andalarew_2231 - Shatter Me Featuring Lzzy Hale - Lindsey Stirling
Ahmed: For a song that has so many views, i’ve never heard of this girl or song before LOL. It’s very different and I really like the vocals from the start, and the drop gives me life, especially with the violin playing going on. Solid submission honestly, unique, not boring, and very different. 9/10

ADVICE: Nothing really, you impress me every round and kind of are a front runner to win atm. Just don’t submit songs similar to that horrendous love song.

Petro: a very artistic submission! i liked the violin a lot, the vocals are very great and it was something i hadn't heard before and i definitely would want to listen again. i appreciate that you keep surprising us with very great songs as the weeks go by, so keep it up!

The two people who ranked HIGH were:
------------------------------HIGH BRACKET--------------------------------------------
@J2999 - Alvaro Soler - La Cintura [Remix] ft. Flo Rida, TINI
Ahmed: Alvaro has a dedicated place on my summer playlist. I LOVE almost all his songs. Surprisingly I've never heard this one though. It makes me sad I'm listening to this in -10 degree weather cause it makes me just want to party all night in the summer weather. As much as I love this song and it’s being flung onto my summer Spotify playlist, I do wish a more original unique artist was submitted this round. It’s a free for all round where you have no constraints, so this was the best time to submit a never before heard artist with bangers. Either way, great song! 7/10

ADVICE : Go back to your unique path you were doing in earlier rounds with the same style of songs you were picking. They were interesting to listen to, and Nano/I appreciated hearing the songs for the first time.

Petro:  was obsessed with this song like 3 years ago when it came out. it was very popular so it was kind of an obvious choice maybe? but i'm not sure if i'd have sent it in for this theme, so i don't really have anything bad to say about like, i do think the featuring artists are random af tho LOL i didn't expect Tini to be there, i like her voice even tho her songs are a bit overrated in Argentina at least since she's from here, however it's a very catchy song and it definitely puts you in a party mood so good job overall

@iiGalaxyii - Dua Lipa - Cool
Ahmed: I’m honestly kind of shocked you submitted Dua Lip in a round where you can submit whatever you want and wow us with some never before heard song or artist. Then you fling us Dua lipa, a mainstream artist, especially for people on tengaged?? Are you illiterate? Anyway, I like Dua Lipa and I do like songs from her new album. This is one is okay. Nothing wow to me and she has way better tracks then this. The chorus is pretty banger, but the rest is boring. 6/10

Advice: You have thrown some really unique artists before and songs i've never heard of. Stick that route. Don’t give us mainstream artists this late in the game.

Petro: ugh idk.... i think sending a dua lipa song was a very obvious choice since her songs r pretty good, however, i do not dig this song A LOT,  it's pretty good regardless, but i do think she definitely has better bangers from that album,  and we expect more from you since you usually send good stuff in

Time for the bottom three. The three are:
------------------------------LOW BRACKET--------------------------------------------
@Christian_ - Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
Ahmed: Submitting a lyric video that has 5 million views isn’t going to change the fact the original song has 200 million views. Anyway, I DO love this song and this song has had an impact on me in the 2010s so it was kind of something I played constantly. Sadly, it’s something that’s very popular out there and i’m sure many people have heard it before. Song? Amazing. Originality? Nah. 5.5/10

Advice: ORIGINALITY! Everything else you are doing is fine.

Petro: also another very popular song, at least it used to be back in the day... i mean it's cute and all but idk, it's just a meh submission imo, like i never got THAT much the hype for it, it's just alright....? it's kind of a let down from what you have sent in the past weeks

@David2560 -CAN'T STOP THE FEELING!  - Justin Timberlake.
Ahmed: I had to take a deep breath before even beginning to write a review for you. I’ll be honest with you, I didn’t even hit the play button on your submission. Why? I’ve heard this song 10000000000000 times on the radio during its prime. It’s like us telling you last round and the round before to stop submitting popular unoriginal songs flung right past you. Anyway, on top of this being a popular song, I actually HATE it, and it’s my least favourite Justin Timberlake song. Nothing more I can say. 1/10

Petro: ugh....... idk what to say to you honestly LOL, i mean this song was alright on the first listen but then it just played everywhere and it got OLD quick.. like we told you over and over we wanted you to try and take risks as most as possible and you just didn't seem to listen to us.. justin timberlake is so overrated to me imo and i don't really dig his songs

@Lukesaur - Robyn - Honey
Ahmed: Never heard of this artist or song. It’s kind of boring honestly, there’s no point in this song where it sparks my interest. Her voice is nice and I feel she could release some bangers if they weren’t as boring as this. I appreciate never hearing it before, but the song just puts me to sleep. 5/10

Advice: A lot of the songs you have submitted are unique, yes, but they are all so damn BORING! Stick the unique path, but fling us some songs with a beat and some life.

Petro:  idk... i feel like sending a robyn song was very random....? but like i don't think it was that great either cus she has way better songs, and this one started off very meh and i was hoping it'd pick up at the chorus but it just didn't, the end was great regardless, like i enjoyed the beat a bit but still, it was very mediocre overall

The person who scored the lowest overall and will be leaving us tonight is @david2560. Unoriginality ended up being your demise. Appreciate your music taste though! Thanks for playing.

Congrats to all that submitted on moving on. The next round blog will be posted tomorrow morning.
CHART: https://i.imgur.com/7qsV47p.gif

open group

Ahmed & Nano Song Contests

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!