This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Ahmed & Nano's Blog Song Contest - ROUND 6 RESULTS

Topic » Ahmed & Nano's Blog Song..

1197 days 18 hours ago
FighterMan
Welcome to week six song contest hosted by myself and @Petro. For this round you were divided into three teams and each person had to submit two songs. One being a love song, and the other being a breakup song. We totaled each group's scores and the highest scoring teams were the winners, second highest scoring team were all safe, and the third highest scoring team were in bottom 3 with the lowest individual score within that group being eliminated.

I’ll keep it hella real with you all right now, most of the love songs fucking sucked and overall the songs this week were poor af. The safe bracket team and Low bracket team were off by a .5 of a score LOL.

The teams were :
GROUP 1
Lukesaur
Christian_
andalarew_2231

GROUP 2
Arris
gabrieltrezza
useamint

GROUP 3
iiGalaxyii
David2560
J2999

I’m going to start off with saying which team is safe.
CONGRATS GROUP 3!
GROUP 3 : TOTAL SCORE : [76.5/120]
------------------------------SAFE BRACKET--------------------------------------------
@iiGalaxyii :
LOVE SONG : Ariana Grande - safety net
Ahmed: Sigh, Ariana. It’s just extremely boring and bland from the very start. I don’t know, for me all her song’s just sound the same and although lyrically, it is a love song indeed, the beat itself and the beat of the song doesn’t give me that type of love song feeling. Although I do like Ty Dolla $ign incorporation in the song and it does make the song a bit better.
Petro: I'm gonna be honest, i haven't liked ariana's new music in a while, so i really couldn't get through her last full album and i don't think i had listened to this song before, obviously her voice is great and all but this song pretty much sounds like all the others i had listened from that album which didn't really impress me much. i don't think it's bad by any means but it'd have been better if it was just her voice alone since ty dolla sign ruins it for me imo..
BREAKUP SONG : Anne-Marie - Then
Ahmed: I’ve heard this a year or two ago and I like it a lot. This definitely puts me in the breakup feels when I listen to it and send me back in time to bad past breakups. The beat and vocals really do it for me. Overall solid song and submission. Will it be enough to recover from your love song submission though?
Petro: I enjoy anne marie's music, so I'm glad someone submitted a song of hers! I hadn't listened to this before, but it did surprise me! the part where it says 'maybe you should try some therapy' is something i'd relate with all tengaged... i think it was a pretty decent song, for now it's alright but it will definitely grow on me as i listen to it more which i definitely will since i enjoyed it.

@david2560 :
LOVE SONG : Rihanna - We Found Love ft. Calvin Harris
Ahmed: This song is way too popular to be given more than 5 points for me. I love rihanna and her music. Calvin Harris and Her make a deadly duo in the music industry, but this is way too easy of a choice.
Petro: Ok obviously i like this song and i remembered about it a few weeks ago and i started to listen to it more often, i got kinda tired of it but it's not a bad song by any means, because we know it's a pretty good one, but girl.... it was like the most obvious choice anyone could have sent it for this theme and we have told you before that we think you're playing way too safe instead of trying to take risks... i really can't give you more points than 6.
BREAKUP SONG : Bad Bunny - Amorfoda
Ahmed:I like this song a lot, but it’s way too much of a popular song as well even if it's not popular in the US/CANADA. I have it on my spotify already. It’s a very good song nonetheless and I love the instrumentals and his voice is really good. I can’t give it more than a 6.5 based on originality, but since it’s a non english song you can get more than 5 for risk. Good song tastes though!
Petro: voy a ser honesto, no me gusta la musica de bad bunny..... debe ser por el hecho de que aqui pasan sus canciones 24/7 y no se, sinceramente no me convence... no creo que haya sido una mala canción la verdad pero seguro estaría podrido si la escucharía mas de 3 veces, sinceramente si hubiera sido tu me hubiera quedado con la otra canción.

@j2999 :
LOVE SONG : KSI – Really Love (feat. Craig David & Digital Farm Animals)
Ahmed: It’s okay, it’s pretty original, but i’m not the biggest fan of it. It starts off pretty well, but it becomes boring after the first chorus. It’s not bad compared to the other love songs I've seen today, but it’s not something I'd play again freely.
Petro:  It was alright! it could have been better but i just don't know, i guess i'm just kinda indifferent? about it., like it could go either way, i probs could get obsessed with it or never listen to it again, i don't really have much to say LOL, but i don't think it was that bad of a submission, but it just didn't have a lot of spark on it imo, but i do appreciate most of your submissions since it's things i never heard of before.
BREAKUP SONG : Armin van Buuren feat. Trevor Guthrie - This Is What It Feels Like (
Ahmed: This is way better as a song compared to your first submission. I love Trevor’s songs, there's never a bad one, and it’s sad he isn’t as popular as other EDM artists. The beat is too happy for a break song imo though, like I'd want to go wild at a club with a beat drop like that, not sit in my room and cry while watching netflix. Great song nonetheless!
Petro: I liked this song! it looks like something david guetta would produce and i'm a big fan of him, but idk, i loved the beat but it kinda made me want to dance rather than it making me sad/it being related to a breakup.. if the pace was slower, it'd definitely have been one of the top songs this week.

Now onto the winning team. The winning team is….  CONGRATS GROUP 1!
GROUP 1 : TOTAL SCORE :  [81/120]

The two people who ranked HIGH from this team were:
------------------------------HIGH BRACKET--------------------------------------------
@Andalarew_2231
LOVE SONG : SUPERFRUIT - HEARTTHROB
Ahmed: The beat is honestly really messy, chaotic, and all over the place. I am unsure of the names, but I don’t really like the first guy voice. The second guy voice is a lot better. I guess it DOES have the lovey dove vibes, but I’m just not fond of the song at all. LMAO okay i just realized where these guys are originally from and i’m kind of shook. Anyway, even if they are from Pentatonix it’s still a big ass no from me for this song.
Petro: I didn't like this song LOL at all.. the lyrics were kinda cringe and i don't think their voices sounded well together, it got to the point in where it was very annoying and i just couldn't wait for the song to end, it's definitely not something i'd wanna listen to again.
BREAKUP SONG : Sam Hunt - Break Up In A Small Town
Ahmed: If there is one thing that I hate more than Ariana Grande and Taylor Swift, it’s country music. You are in luck though because Sam Hunt is one of the rare exceptions. I LOVE this song honestly and his vocals, and I do respect the risk of you submitting a song like this. Great submission!
Petro: I liked the parts in where he was singing, the talking part got kinda old real quick but i did enjoy the song overall. it was definitely way better than your falling in love song and i appreciate you taking a risk, so you get extra points for that, it's also a song that could definitely grow on me.

@Lukesaur
LOVE SONG : Love song - Lana Del Rey
Ahmed: LOL I don’t know how to feel about the title literally being named “love song”. I mean it’s not popular whatsoever though so it can slide. I like a lot of Lana Del Rey songs, mostly consisting of Born to Die Album. A lot of her songs become a hit or miss after that album. This is inbetween. It’s boring at some parts, but not AWFUL, her voice is soothing and there are some parts I really enjoy. This is probably one of the only submissions that does put me into a love feels though so i’ll give you that much credit.
Petro: Lana del rey is so talented, but i do get why some people don't like her songs at all, however i did like this one! her last album was just such a masterpiece... i didn't pay much attention to this song before but it definitely can grow on me...
BREAKUP SONG : Solange - LOSING YOU
Ahmed: Honestly, stop submitting this girl she sucks LMAO. Just keeping it REAL with you. This song is SO boring and this is NOT a breakup song i’d EVER listen to one bit. You are the first person today, I believe, that submitted a better love song. This song doesn’t do it for me. Okay I had this at 6/10 but came back to drop it to 5.5 the minute 3:36 occurred and that annoying ass sound started replaying.
Petro: This song from her was definitely better than the one you submitted before, i had never listened to her music before so this was kinda fresh to listen to, as to if i liked it or not, i'm not very sure... it's 50/50, but i do have to say that she really has a good voice and i'll probably look into her songs.

The winner of this round and who scored highest in group 1 was:
------------------------------WINNER BRACKET--------------------------------------------
@Christian_
LOVE SONG : Glen Hansard, Marketa Irglova - Falling Slowly
Ahmed: Honestly? I like it. The guy's voice is amazing and both their voices mesh in really well together and this song puts me in a hella mood. There are some parts that are kind of boring and slow but the chorus is beautifully sung. This is my favourite love song submission.
Petro: I think their voices sounded very well together, it was definitely a cute song, almost made me cry. it's def something that would play in a movie imo... however, it's not something that i dig 100% but for a first listen, it was pretty enjoyable, i always look forward to what you will submit since you always surprise us!
BREAKUP SONG : Carrie Underwood - Before He Cheats
Ahmed: I’m not a fan of country music, but this is quite a classic that nobody can hate. It’s quite an obvious choice to submit imo, even though country music is always a risky submission. It’s a very popular song so it drops you down a bit. I can’t say anything bad about it other than originality, because it’s an epic song.
Petro: I also expected this song to pop up, it's definitely her best song by far, but i also do think it was an obvious choice but i guess not so obvious since you were the last to submit! However, I don't think anyone can hate this song by any means since it's definitely very enjoyable and her voice just works out so well.. maybe tengaged will think before they cheat now that we got moderators.

Which means, sorry but GROUP 2, you are in bottom 3:
GROUP 2 : TOTAL SCORE : [76 /120]
------------------------------LOW BRACKET--------------------------------------------
@gabrieltrezza
LOVE SONG : Charli XCX - Official
Ahmed: It’s kind of boring for me honestly. For most of the song it’s just very bland and honestly I don’t get love vibes at all from the beat itself. It gets slightly better near the end when it picks up a bit but not enough to save the song.
Petro: I'm not really a big fan of her songs..... i do think it was a bit cute and i liked the slow pace of it, but it just wasn't anything WOW to me at all, like at some points i couldn't even understand what she was trying to say, it was just a very mediocre submission imo.
BREAKUP SONG : Gracie Abrams - I miss you, I’m sorry
Ahmed: From the second the song started, I really liked her voice and the chorus is pretty good. The song is extremely boring at the start but it gets better as the song progresses. Around 1:38 timestamp after the sudden pause is when the song sells it for me, and it definitely puts me in the breakup feels. Nice Submission.
Petro: This song was a bit better, but still it was nothing out of this world. Her vocals are very great and I liked the message behind the song, it's definitely something that could grow on me if I listened to it more, but that's all i have to say.        

@Arris
LOVE SONG : Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love (Audio)
Ahmed: I actually love this song a lot and have it on my phone already. The thing is it is super popular, an iconic classic, and an easy choice of song to choose imo. Submissions lacking Originality at this point in the game is risky. Sometimes submitting a shitty original song can do you better than submitting a classic great song.
Petro: Ok i have sad memories with this song LOL, obviously it's a great one, it was kinda of an obvious choice but i don't really think ppl actually submit elvis songs for these contests,  so i can't really say anything bad about it, but it's not something i would die for either honestly.
BREAKUP SONG : Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra)
Ahmed: Again, like before except this even has more views and was the most played song on the radio in 2012. I genuinely love this song so much and it may be one of my top songs ever, but it’s just such a damn popular song and easy route to take.
Petro: I'd have loved this song if this contest was happening in 2011, but it's just got so old real quick... i don't think it's bad but i'm sure you know most people are tired of it by now so it maybe was of an obvious choice, but i'm not sure if i'd have submitted it for this theme. Personally, I'd probably have submitted something that gave more sad vibes for a break up song, it does indeed fit the theme lyrically but i'm not sure if it was what we were looking for..

@Useamint
LOVE SONG : Carly Rae Jepsen - Let's Get Lost
Ahmed: I hate Carly Rae Jepsen, I’m just going to say it from now. I hated this bitch the minute she dropped that annoying mainstream song. Keeping that aside and focusing strictly on the song, it isn’t BAD, but it’s pretty bland for most of it. The song starts off nicely, the chorus is decent, but then it just drops from there. To me this just sounds like a disney song honestly which is annoying.
Petro: Ok this bitch either has bops or her songs suck cus sometimes her voice is insufferable and way too much, i think this songs tarted off very meh then it picked up at the chorus... like it's kinda cringe but i can't lie, it's something i'd bop to.. but being fully honest i only enjoyed the chorus, but still, it was one of the few falling in love songs that i actually liked so...
BREAKUP SONG : Gwen Stefani - Cool
Ahmed: I LOVE Gwen stefani honestly, her voice is so unique and many of her older songs are bangers. This is one of them. It’s always risky when people submit much older music but you chose correctly with this one. It drops you a bit in rating because it is a pretty popular song, not as popular as her other songs, but still pretty big.
Petro: LMAO ugh this song!! i'm so obsessed with it... like i think the music video is probably one of the best i have ever seen, i have listened to it so much before and anyone could pretty much relate to it if they went through a breakup if things ended up in good terms with their ex partner, so i love the message behind it.... it's a very pretty known song so i'm not sure how original it was but ur lucky i love it.

The person who scored the lowest overall within Group 2 and will be leaving us tonight is @Arris. Sorry Arris although your music taste is great, you failed to improve on originality which cost you the game. Thanks for playing!

Congrats to all that submitted on moving on. The next round blog will be posted later on this evening. Please don’t fuck up next round like yall did with this round

CHART:
https://i.imgur.com/AKCEj9S.gif

INDIVIDUAL SCORES : LOVE SONG + BREAK UP SONG
@Useamint [30/40]  : 5.5/7.5 + 8/9
@Christian_ [30/40] : 8/7 + 6.5/8.5
@iiGalaxyii : [27.5/40] 4/6 + 9/8.5
@j2999 : [26.5/40] : 6.5/6 + 6.5/7.5
@Lukesaur [26.5/40] : 7/7.5 + 5.5/6.5
@gabrieltrezza [25/40] : 5/5 + 8/7
@Andalarew_2231 [24.5/40] : 4/4 + 8.5/8
@david2560 : [22.5/40] : 5/6 + 6.5/5
@Arris [21/40] : 5/6 + 5/5

open group

Ahmed & Nano Song Contests

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!