This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Show Format

Topic » Show Format

1370 days 7 hours ago
dvs194
Hey everyone! Wanted to give you all a rundown of how this show will be formatted, as well as a few rules.  In each episode, there will be two episode cycles (challenge and elimination round) over a 4 day period. Main Challenges will be entirely role play and RNG based. When applying, you will each split a number of points between five different stats. On challenge day, you will all be told that the winning number for the challenge is to be randomized within a certain range of numbers, and you will select a number of your own in the hopes of being the closest to said number. Contestants' selected numbers will then be added to whatever stat is being utilized in the challenge, and will then be ranked based on how close each contestant was to the number. Once that is done, contestant will be informed of what the role play scenario is for the challenge, and they will act them out, and the winners will be told what to do in order to signify their win for the challenge.

In eliminations, there will be a more involved challenge, to give everyone a chance to keep themselves in the game. The loser of the elimination round will be eliminated from the game. I am contemplating creating a separate group or a designated forum for eliminated players to continue to RP with each other, let me know if you all think that would be a fun idea.

This cycle will continue until the final episode, at which point there will be a Final, a series of challenges that will put the finalists to the test. In the end only one (or two, who knows ;D) can win, and I am still contemplating whether or not there will be a prize available for the winner(s) besides the title, to be announced at a future date.

Now, a few rules:

1) The Challenge is, inherently, a very controversial and dramatic game, and obviously we will want our characters to inhabit this energy as much as you may choose. However, we will respect each other as RPers and as people, and if we have a problem that goes beyond the game and the characters we are inhabiting, we will take it to PMs and hash it out amongst ourselves instead of being petty and stupid and drawing unnecessary attention to it and away from the others' ability to have fun in the space.
2) I am not including shows of origin that our contestants might have come from (boiling down to it just causing confusion when it comes to whether we are playing real reality TV personalities or our own characters), but you can create your own canon for if your character came from an existing show, an original show of your choosing, or are reality TV virgins.
3) No god modding will be allowed. No teleporting suddenly into rooms, no knowing about a secret conversation unless one of the participants RPs telling your character, no forcing anyone to do anything they do not want to do themselves. If any of this activity goes on, you will be given a warning. If there is a second offense, you will be eliminated from the game. No challenge, no chance to compete. Out. I will not tolerate that kind of activity.

All in all, I want this to be a fun time to create our own storylines using characters that are larger than life and free to argue and be petty to their hearts' content. Let's have fun, shall we?
1279 days 6 hours ago
dvs194
Season 2 bump^^
1279 days 3 hours ago
dvs194
A few modifiers I made through the course of last season:

1) not all challenge days will have RP. From time to time they will, but most often I will simply post paragraphs detailing what happens and you all can post like confessionals reacting to it and whatnot. Usually they will not be RP based, to save time.

2) I will most likely not have a forum for eliminated contestants until I do some form of Redemption House, which will not be the case this season.

open group

The Challenge (HIATUS)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!