This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Final Tribal Council [Taiwan]

Topic » Final Tribal Council [Taiwan]

1433 days 14 hours ago
IceBeast
Welcome Sydney and Ben to the Final Tribal Council. The power now shifts to the jury who will vote for the Sole Survivor of Survivor: Taiwan.

Colton, Matt, David, Ethan, Rina, Ryan, Bob, Dao-Ming, and Brad, voted out at the last Tribal Council.

Sydney and Ben you may each make an opening statement. The jury members can then either make comments or ask questions, there is no limit to the amount they do or don't say. Once you have decided who to vote for please mail both Vlad and I your vote.
1433 days 14 hours ago
benp428
Hello Jurors!

Goodluck Sydney, this is such an iconic F2<3
As soon as Will and Vlad announced the twist, I knew my goal this season was going to be acquire as many tokens as possible to give me as much power. All I can say is I think I adapted to the twist perfectly. When we got placed in our first tribes I instantly created bonds with Nathan (My og F2), Ryan, Ethan, Colton, and Syd. I bonded with each of them everyday and kept close. I was aware that Matt, Syd, and Rina were all friends so I wanted to target them, but make them feel like I was with them at the same time.
Going into the swap, I was yet to go to a tribal council. After the swap I continued building up my relationships with Syd and Ryan. I then began bonding with David because we had similar interests in mind. Luckily I didn’t hit a tribal until merge. When I saw that Nathan got voted out, I was in shock. Thank god for my king tho, he gave me 3 tokens on his way out!<3 Then in the last tribe challenge, I found a 5th token! With 5 tokens in my pocket, my goal was to get the idol. I went to Ethan and got 3 tokens from him, 2 from Bob, then 2 from Ryan. My grand total was 12 tokens and I decided to buy an idol.

I was very upset that Colton volunteered to go. When it came down to the next tribal, a group got together to take out Matt. I loved the idea of the tokens and it felt great having an idol, that I wanted another. When I knew the numbers were there to take Matt out, I threw a vote on Sydney to give myself a token and to hopefully make ppl wonder who it was.

Ethan had told me he had found an idol, and I said use it if they pull something during the tribal, unlucky for us it was a waste. So knowing David and Brad were a duo in the game, and I felt closer to Brad than David, I wanted to take a shot at David. I knew this was going to be hard to pull off especially that Dao didn’t have a vote since he dipped lol. I suggested to my group of 6 that we split the votes 3 and 3. Me and Bob have been talking about making this move so I knew he would be the perfect person to go along with. I made myself and Bob each look like we were splitting, but not together. Therefore I was able to throw my vote on Ryan and gain another token still causing a 3-2-2-1 vote sending David home. Everyone saw this as Bob flipping, not me because they thought I just went for a token. When it was down to final 8, my ideal f3 was me, Ethan, and Ryan.. But this couldn’t happen because Ethan for some reason voted Brad lmfao causing himself to go. This made me want to include Bob in my F3 plans.

I was not worried at all about going and felt confident I wouldn’t need to use my idol. Bob came to me before tribal and warned me Syd wanted me out. I wasn’t sure if they were voting me or Ryan, but when I saw Syd play that idol I played it on myself, and it was perfect. The votes tied 0-0 and we were able to send Rina home on the revote. Being the last day to spend your tokens, I really wanted another idol. I went to Brad and told him about my 5 tokens and plans to get an idol. He wasn’t budging and we debated for about 30 minutes who would get the idol. I said I’m either going to have an extra vote or idol, you decide. And he gave me his tokens and I got the last 1 from Ryan and bought myself an idol.

F6 tribal had me shook, I saw an extra vote and idol both played so I used it on myself knowing I would get votes. Sadly Ryan did go home… Down to finale night myself bob and Dao had a f3 alliance and our plan was to take out Sydney for 5th. However, Dao and brad took out Bob and left me alone. F4 comes around and I choked the comp. Brad told me he wanted Dao out and that he was going to try and get Syd also. This 10 minute moment was probably my highlight.. Somehow I was able to convince Dao to vote Sydney avoiding a fire making challenge. The vote ended 2-1-1 sending Dao home.

Now I sit in the Final 2. Obtaining 20 tokens, avoided being voted out multiple times, 2 idols, and set myself up perfectly for the end.

Thank you all for a great and fun game! Love you Syd!
ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS!
1433 days 13 hours ago
Guigi
Hello members of the Jury, this is feels very surreal to me right now being one of the F2 after thinking for a fact I was gonna go home for 5 straight rounds…. but here I am.

I came into this game thinking this will be my last group game in a while since I’ve played so many in a row but I wanted to give it my all for myself and for Will. Right off the bat, I knew Colin, Dao-Ming, Rina and I (Colin was eventually replaced by Matt) were gonna work together since we just all got along and we created that alliance since day 1. I know most of you might use the fact that I might not have had to fight hard to make it til merge since I didn’t have to go to tribal but I showed up to every single immunity challenge and I helped my tribe every time.

I think luck  is a big factor in this game and it definitely was on my side. I found both the Xindian Idol and the Tamsui Idol back to back and I collected a pretty big amount of tokens. I didn’t tell anyone I had idols until Matt left and I knew I needed to use one of them to keep my alliance intact and maybe even both to make a huge statement in this game.

I really played every aspect of this game in full depth and I think this made me the most dangerous and feared player at the end of this game.

Physically, I really did show up to all the challenges this season. Pre-merge I helped my team to win so I wouldnt have to face tribal and in the end I won the most important comp of the season to secure my spot in the end and ultimetaly send the biggest physical threat this season has ever seen.

Socially, I had great relationships with everyone in this game. I tried to talk to everyone every single day. With that I had good alliances with Dao, Rina and Matt but also with Ben, Bob, Brad and Ethan. I used those bonds to my advantage to get people to vote the way I wanted them to vote and I think I even surprised myself at the fact that people listened to what I was saying even though it might not have benefitted them. Going after a big alliances like most of you guys had it really wasn’t easy but I worked my social game the best way I could to make sure you werent targetting me but I guess in the end it painted a target on my back. I really made everyone trust me and want to work with me until I became the biggest threat around.

Strategically, I really exceeded my expectations. I can’t normally play an idol correctly and I played 2 correctly. My alliance and I made Ethan waste his idol, waste Brad’s idol and sending Ethan home and I personally made Ben waste his idol on himself and sending Ryan home. I made Brad keep me at F5 because Bob had a guaranteed shot to be at the end and he knew that getting rid of me was gonna send his ass home next. I was in control of this game from the F7 til now even when I was targeted and my name was written down at every tribal council after David went home. I knew I could read people and no one told me that I was gonna be the vote at 7 but I knew Ben and Bob were acting a lot different with me that day and I was correct.
1433 days 13 hours ago
Guigi
I know some of you are friends with Ben and maybe are aiming towards voting for him based on friendship but do you truly think Ben deserves this win over Sydney? Isn’t Survivor a game about outwitting, outlasting and outplaying? I think I did all 3 of those better than him
I think this season I defined all odds of being at the end but I never gave up and fought so hard to be here and I deserve to win this game.

There is so many aspects to my game so please I’m open to all questions since I truly believe I am the right winner of this season.

Thank you so much for this season, I do think this is the best game I’ve ever played an a really good season all around x
1433 days 13 hours ago
IceBeast
The forum is now open to the jurors. Votes are due at 3:30 PM EST on SUNDAY, 5/24/20!
1433 days 12 hours ago
Guigi
I'M SORRY IF I MADE ANY MISTAKES LOL I'M STILL SO SHOCKED THAT I'M HERE AND TIRED FROM THE 24H CHALLENGE LOL
1433 days 12 hours ago
islandsurvivor
First off obviously congrats guys. I think you both played pretty great games and I’m happy that one of you two will be crowned
the winner and represent this season 🥳🥳

First Syd, if you had asked me 24 hours ago I would’ve said that you were least likely to make the ftc. And the fact that you were able to take it here is super impressive. From the F7 onward you were seen as one of the two biggest threats in the game. And even though you needed two idols to save yourself, the fact you got Dao to make a stupid move and flip on me at f5 when you were completely vulnerable is such an impressive move. And then after that, not being targeted at f4 and winning final immunity are things that show you played a great game. So kudos to you.

Now Ben, I do think you played a really good game. However, i do think I should warn you that at the moment i feel like majority of the jury is rooting for Syd. So you’re gonna have to get people to change their mind and turn their votes towards you. But anyway you did make a lot of smart plays too that shouldn’t be overshadowed. Making the David blindside, yet also making it so I take the fall and the hate, getting people to give you tokens so you could buy 2 idols, and being able to make it to the end after being blindsided at the f5 vote. All super impressive things. So kudos to you too 👍

Now my questions for both of you

1. You both pulled off blindsides, played idols to negate votes against yourself, and had great social games. But whats one element of the game that you had that your opponent didn’t?

2. Just curious about this. Post merge who would you say was your closest ally and why?

3. Rank all 11 people who made the merge (including yourselves) based solely on gameplay

Again congrats guys and good luck. Although I am leaning towards someone my vote is definitely still on the air.
1433 days 12 hours ago
Darbe
One question I have for Guigi is whether he had people (outside of the players left in the game) help him with the latter part of the final challenge.
1433 days 12 hours ago
Guigi
@Bob

1. I think for me it's kind of an obvious answer. I think that ultimately towards the end of the game, I had to fight a lot harder to sit here than Ben did. Ben always had someone working with him (you, brad, ryan) while I only had Dao. And I don't think this is based on me having a bad social game it's just that everyone saw that my threat level was a lot higher and no one wanted to work with me. I also think I played this game a lot more strategically than Ben. I pulled a lot more highkey moves and lowkey moves to make myself get deeper into this game against all odds. And I even blindsided Ben twice.

2. My closest ally was Matt. I always knew that Dao and Rina were closer to each other than me and for me Matt was my closest ally. I really did feel close to you Bob in a way and wanted to work with you so much but I could just feel the hesitation with me even after I tried to make you cozy up to me ;p

3. This is my PERCEPTION though but obviously I could be wrong. I obviously know a lot more of the people I was align with's games but I think this is fairly accurate.... :x dont hate me
+
Sydney (I sound so conceited :x)
Brad
Rina
Ben
Dao
Matt
Ryan
David
Bob
Ethan
Colton
-
1433 days 12 hours ago
deshonBANNEDISBACK
@Sydney

Hypothetically, if Dao would've gotten 7th and I made finale night, would you have snaked me or taken me to f2? Because, I am not dumb and I would not have given myself 4th like Dao.
1433 days 12 hours ago
Guigi
@Brad

Yes for the last part of the challenge I did have a few friends help me. I used all the tools that I had and I told you I would do that.

But if you are gonna blame me for this, I think it's obvious Ben did as well since he did the exact same thing with us for the M&N finale and was very open about it in the public chat :)
1433 days 12 hours ago
Guigi
@Rina

If Dao leaves at Final 7, then yes. Because I would of had no choice of working with you and (well now that i know you wouldnt of taken me) I thought you probably take me to the end with Bob. Before that vote though, my ideal F3 was with Dao and Bob. I would of liked to cut you at 4th or 5th. I didnt want you in the end since I think you played a good strategical game and your social game was super udr. I remember finding out that Ben really liked and trusted  you later in the merge and I was like kinda shocked that you had a good connection with him and Bob too. But a f3 of you me and Dao would of been so iconic lol
1433 days 12 hours ago
Jinxh
hello ladies. Congrats, you both played interesting games. Some very similar aspects some very different.

Ben, our relationship was weird honestly. We never were really aligned until like final 6 or 5. When I messaged you, you would not respond to hours later. and I literally just checked our pms we didnt start talking to till a few days ago, so a little bit past merge.

You also tried aggressively asking if I could give you my four coins, so you can probably take me out with it. That was just totally uncomfortable because I was the person that felt vulnerable not you.

and then we go to final 4. You vote me out. I dont think you really thought that through because why would you keep Brad and Sydney in who are HUGE threats with allies in the jury that could vote them to win. If you were smart you would have taken Sydney out, took me or brad to the end and ended up winning. But you took the wrong people which is unfortunate for you. In my opinion your game is decent, but Sydney's is way better.

I just wanna know what do you think are your biggest regrets in this game? or do you stand by your decisions.
1433 days 12 hours ago
benp428
@Bob

1. You both pulled off blindsides, played idols to negate votes against yourself, and had great social games. But whats one element of the game that you had that your opponent didn’t?
I was able to adapt to the twist of the game and collect 20 tokens. I was able to convince 4 different ppl to give them to me. While she got lucky by finding 2 idols, I had to use my social game to obtain those tokens. Also at the f4 when I thought it was going to be a fire making between me and Dao i was able to get Dao to vote his closest ally left to get my to this spot.

2. Just curious about this. Post merge who would you say was your closest ally and why?
My closest ally at first was Nathan, once he was gone, Ryan Bob and Ethan became my main men. But tbh i was prob closest to Ryan. We had a great relationship pre merge and that carried till merge. We always were able to talk about moves we wanted to me, and even when I voted him to get a token, he understood<3

3. Rank all 11 people who made the merge (including yourselves) based solely on gameplay
Ben
Syd
Brad
Bob
Ryan
Dao
David
Rina
Ethan
Matt
Colton
1433 days 12 hours ago
deshonBANNEDISBACK
Ben you never had my vote, but you definitely don't have it now.
1433 days 12 hours ago
benp428
I just wanna know what do you think are your biggest regrets in this game? or do you stand by your decisions.

@Dao

The only reason I started asking you for your coins is because you asked me first for mine lol.   Tbh I think voting you out for 4th was the best for me. Brad would probably have taken you to finals over me.. Also I didnt know 100% if you were going to vote Syd so I also couldnt risk that. Tbh I have no regrets in this game. Every time I voted, it was for who I wanted and what I thought was best for me. Obviously I made the correct decisions because I am in F2.

open group

V&W Survivor: Guam

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!