This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S2] Top 8: Performances & Results!

Topic » [S2] Top 8: Performances &..

1549 days 8 hours ago
Jameslu
Birdy “Lost It All”

Aili James: Yeah this was a step down for me, I feel you are such a unique vocalist but this performance just left me a little bored and you were singing really soft that I couldn’t hear some words. It was a let down for me tbh.

Ryan: Well here you have a gentle voice and I know it didn’t get to the best of starts but then you dragged me back when you were out of your shell with that voice just beaming on through and I like that moment and you can’t fade away with something like that.

SCORES:

Aili James: 7!
Kimberly: 8!
Michael: 9!
Ryan: 8!

TOTAL: 32/40
1549 days 8 hours ago
Jameslu
Addison Agen “Beneath Your Beautiful”
https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/362613/The-Voice-2017-Knockout-Addison-Agen-Beneath-Your-Beautiful/

Aili James: *stands and claps* Addison! You got such an interesting voice because it has jazz, blues and a little country in it and it just amazes me how you’re able to sing all those different genres in one. This was a good performance but compared to your rest, it was your weaker performance but this was an amazing vocal showcase.

Ryan: After watching this I can say that your singing was beautiful as you got a rich voice which brings the best out of you and you do shine on through with those notes but in some parts they were pitchy and just work on that as it was great.

SCORES:

Aili James: 8.5!
Kimberly: 9!
Michael: 9!
Ryan: 8.5!

TOTAL: 35/40
1549 days 8 hours ago
Jameslu
Halsey “Graveyard”

Aili James: *standing ovation* Halsey!!! You keep coming through with these stunning vocals and amazing performances. Like honestly I think you may just be the one to beat this season because your song choices are absolute perfection and your vocals sounded so gorgeous in this and DAMN GIRL I loved every bit of it!

Ryan: *standing ovation* You have just done it again as this performance was sensational and it proves that you are no one hit wonder as you brought so much power into this and got a voice that can go on for miles and I had tingles all over my body from this.

SCORES:

Aili James: 9.5!
Michael: 9.5!
Ryan: 10!!!

TOTAL: 38/40
1549 days 8 hours ago
tswiftlover13
yas thank you so much for stevie & halsey's scores and comments <3
1549 days 8 hours ago
Jameslu
Evanescence “Lacrymosa”

Aili James: This was an interesting song choice and I felt it was a very refreshing song choice but vocally I just don’t know. I felt it wasn’t your best as your vocals sounded strained at times but overall a pretty dope performanc.

Ryan: It’s like I have taken something when watching you sing this and you got an very good voice that is just so good to hear but this performance didn’t let it settle in as it was chaos and you could have used it to work with your voice which has a lot of potential.

SCORES:

Aili James: 7.5!
Kimberly: 8!
Michael: 8.5!
Ryan: 7.5!

TOTAL: 31.5/40
1549 days 8 hours ago
Jameslu
Maelyn Jarmon “Fallingwater”

Aili James: *STANDING OVATION AND CLAPS AND DANCES ALONG* Now this is one of the most exciting song choices as it’s a Maggie Rogers song and you absolutely nailed it with your crystal clear vocals! This was just freaking awesome and it had me bopping my head along, it’s almost near perfection, just was waiting for you to elevate it a little more.

Ryan: You’ve got a cracker of a voice coming out of you and this had me jamming along as you know how to tackle a song like this and you built it up to something to fit you but I did find it a bore in some places as you could have put more of a spin on it but it was still very good.

SCORES:

Aili James: 9.5!
Michael: 8.5!
Ryan: 8.5!

TOTAL: 35.5/40
1549 days 8 hours ago
Jameslu
Paramore “Misery Business”

Aili James: I felt this was a good performance but it just got a little repetitive after a while and was a let down from your previous performance. But this was a really good performance as you were able to sing really fast whilst still being able to deliver amazing vocals so good job on that!

Ryan: I am glad you are singing in this atmosphere again as this acoustic setting does bring the best out of you as you got so much power coming from you and a lot of energy as you took control of this song but I felt some elements were out of place but you are a performer.

SCORES:

Aili James: 8!
Kimberly: 8.5!
Michael: 8!
Ryan: 9!

TOTAL: 33.5/40
1549 days 8 hours ago
Jameslu
Noah Mac “Electric Love”
https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/365575/The-Voice-2017-Noah-Mac-Top-11-Electric-Love/

Aili James: *standing ovation* This song just always does it for me, like it’s such a sweet song and your voice sounded so sweet and beautiful in it and I just loved everything about it. Although I do want to see more of your lower notes as that where your voice excels.

Ryan: This was an improvement to last time which is something and I like your vocals when suited to songs that you can do like this and it was good but I also felt like it could have been better as you didn’t have the soul in most parts and it just needed something more in there.

SCORES:

Aili James: 9!
Kimberly: 8.5!
Michael: 8!
Ryan: 8!

TOTAL: 33.5/40
1549 days 8 hours ago
Jameslu
That's it for the performances!
Let's have a look at the leaderboard!
1549 days 8 hours ago
Jameslu
LEADERBOARD:

1. Halsey - 38/40
2. Stevie McCrorie - 35.5/40
= Maelyn Jarmon - 35.5/40
4. Addison Agen - 35/40
5. Noah Mac - 33.5/40
= Paramore - 33.5/40
-----ELIMINATED-----
7. Birdy - 32/40
8. Evanescence - 31.5/40
1549 days 8 hours ago
Jameslu
Unfortunately this means Birdy and Evanescence have both been eliminated :(

I'm so sad as I wanted to see the following songs by both of y'all:
Birdy - Skinny Love
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life and My Immortal
1549 days 8 hours ago
tswiftlover13
yas!! so excited for the semi finals congrats on the semi finals everyone!!!
sorry birdy and evanescence <3
1549 days 8 hours ago
Jameslu
Congratulations to Halsey, Stevie McCrorie, Maelyna Jarmon, Addison Agen, Noah Mac & Paramore on all being Semi-Finalists!!!
1549 days 8 hours ago
tswiftlover13
Jameslu
Unfortunately this means Birdy and Evanescence have both been eliminated :(

I'm so sad as I wanted to see the following songs by both of y'all:
Birdy - Skinny Love
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life and My Immortal

OMG SAME
1549 days 8 hours ago
Jameslu
I love those songs so much @Taylor!

open group

The Next Star!  [PRODUCTION BREAK]

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!