This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Final Tribal Council (Honduras)

Topic » Final Tribal Council..

1749 days ago
thewinner
First, let's welcome in the members of the jury: David, Nidian, Bob, Ralib, Dana, Cole, and Brittany, voted out at the last tribal council.

Now, let's welcome in the final 2: Abel and Sagar.

The power now rests in the jury's hands. The jury members can either make comments or ask questions, and there is no limit to the amount they can or can't say.

Final 2: Please make your opening statements at this time or as soon as you can.

Jurors: Once you have decided who you want to win please mail or Skype me your vote.

Votes will be due at a time to be determined - Saturday morning at the latest. Reunion time TBD as well depending on how fast this goes.
1748 days 23 hours ago
obscurity
So for me this game was largely about timing. I was never the most visible player or the most obvious target all the way from the beginning of the game to the final vote. This is a pretty unusual strategy for me because I tend to fall into a figurehead/power player role very early on in many Survivor seasons just because that's just the way I like to play. It's high risk but also high reward.

In this game, though, I had the benefit of having a close ally from Day 1 who was much more dominant and visible than I ever was--Dana. I spent a large portion of the game purposely in her shadow because I knew I would never be the target as long as Dana was in the game. However, this doesn't mean I wasn't in control of my own game. From the beginning, I made sure that the Olancho Six was in line to stick together at the merge and I did everything in my power to make sure we merged with that majority. When we went to TC that one time, I made sure everyone was on board to vote out Gay Horse simply because he wasn't using skype and I knew that if the Olancho had any chance of being a powerhouse alliance at merge, we needed to have people with us that could easily communicate with each other.

When I swapped onto new Olancho in a 4-2 minority, I got myself safety by winning the immunity necklace. However, I also made sure that Abel was safe by 1) finding the cracks in the Lempira alliance (Brittany made it clear that she had no relationship with Pietro at all, and neither did the others) and 2) making sure that everyone thought that Abel had the Olancho idol (he didn't). Ultimately, Pietro was voted out in a unanimous 5-1 vote and, in doing so, Lempira essentially put themselves in minority at merge.

At merge, David was the first target simply because he was clearly one of the biggest threats remaining on the Lempira minority and it was clear that he could easily pull something out of his sleeve down the line to flip the game back in his favor. Nidian made an unfortunate drunk misstep here and voted for Brittany, which made everyone distrust him and ultimately turn on him. Final 7 is where the game gets interesting and also goes off the rails for me a little bit. Dana loses immunity for the first time in the merge, and it's pretty clear that she should probably be the one to go. Abel/Brittany/Bob are all completely on board with this, and I tell them that I am too. However, I realize that Once Dana goes, I could easily become the next most obvious threat from the Olancho majority and so I didn't feel that the timing was quite right to make this move. Of course, there was the risk that Dana would simply win out the rest of the challenges and brute force her way to the end, but I bet on myself and knew that I could beat her in at least one of the endgame challenges. So I hesitantly voted for Bob but also told  Brittany and Abel that I simply forgot to change my vote to Dana so that I would still have their trust in the next round.

F6 is where I make my first major move in the game. Dana wins immunity and I realize that I could essentially replace her as the power player in the game by getting out her most trusted ally, Ralib. If Ralib went, then I would essentially be the swing vote at F5 between Cole/Dana and Abel/Brittany, thus making sure that I would still be needed and that I wouldn't be a target if I lost immunity. Abel and Brittany wanted to vote for Cole at this point, but I switched the vote to Ralib because I knew Cole would flip on Ralib at the revote to save himself, whereas I didn't feel confident that Ralib would do the same (or that he would even be online during the revote period). This ended up being the correct call and I convinced Cole to flip his vote to Ralib.

At F5, I won immunity and finally decided this was the time to vote out my ally from Day 1, Dana. It was the correct decision, especially because the rest of the game worked out exactly the way that I wanted it to, but I also made a mess of things here by more or less stringing Dana along for an hour even though I will admit that my decision was probably already made as soon as she lost immunity that round. This is also where I had my infamous heel turn, particularly with Cole, and well, it wasn't pretty but it was also 100% intentional because I wanted to make absolutely sure that I would be the one who would be brought to the end regardless of who won final immunity. Having a huge public argument with someone goes a long way into building up an image of someone as a jury goat.

Ultimately, I won final immunity and finally voted out the undisputed hero of the season Brittany who probably would have won unanimously (and deservedly so) if she ended up in Final 2.

OKAY this is already WAY too long. If you don't want to read this long novel, here is a list of major points you should at least consider before you vote.

-----KEY POINTS-----
- The person I voted for went home at every single TC I attended; no one else has done the same in this game. Abel voted in minority twice. Everyone in the game had voted in minority at least once by the F5.
- 0 votes cast against me in this game. No one else can say the same (except for Survivor legend AdamLovesEverything).
- 5 individual immunity wins, which ends up being the most out of anyone in the season (just edging out Dana by 1). These challenges were as varied as flash game, scavenger hunt, touchy subjects, facts about the game, and endurance. I'm vErSaTiLe
- Ultimately my overall argument is that my timing in this game was just perfect enough to propel me to the end. I made sure I was never the biggest target and waited until the time was just right to cut the throats of the game's biggest jury threats (Dana and Brittany) and sneak into the F2 unscathed.

Sorry for the long rant. I will answer any questions any of you  have and expand on anything you feel that I glossed over. Good luck to Abel, and thanks Ethan for a fun season.
1748 days 21 hours ago
noobsmoke13
to both Abel and Sagar, compare each member of the jury to a US Survivor player with an explanation.

Congrats and good luck to the both of you!
1748 days 21 hours ago
Russell11
So before I start this, I just wanna say any moves I made were not personal and if they did hurt you, it was not my intention 👏🏽 now.....

So I came into this game with the hope of staying as loyal as I possibly could and forming actual genuine relationships instead of just being a gamebot like I usually am. I managed to form really good bonds with Dana and Sagar, two people who I felt were good at comps and that I could trust. We ended up forming an amazing alliance known as “The Final 4 Periodt” along with fellow teammate Cole, who I also had a pretty good relationship with. I was in a pretty good spot on my team, since I was in a whole alliance and not to mention I had good relationships with people on my team that weren’t even in my alliance, even RJ who was probably one of the hardest people to talk to.
Then came the swap.......
I usually get fucked over in swaps so I already knew what the deal was before Ethan started randomizing. I ended up on a tribe with only one of my allies (who couldn’t be voted for) and four people from the same tribe who I’ve never even met. This was probably my biggest achievement because I survived that vote 5-1 and got Bob, Paul and Brittany to vote off an active member from their own team just by having conversations with them.
Then came the merge.......
At this point, I realized I needed to start building a resume for myself. At the time, there was no one in the game that I saw as an actual threat to win but Dana, who was one of my closest allies if not the closest. She was dominating competition after competition so I knew if someone was gonna take her out, it was gonna be me :). 

So it was myself, Dana, Cole, Sagar and 2 of our former teammates Nidian and Ralib vs Bob, David, Brittany and Paul. So for the first merge vote the obvious best choice for me was to get out David because he was in the opposing alliance but unlike Brittany, Paul and Bob I had no relationship with him. So David goes. My next target was Nidian, partly because I wanted to save Bob and Brittany to work with them in a future and also partly because I just felt Nidian was really shady. He went to Exile Island and came back like nothing happened and usually in Survivor when people go to Exile Island, they come back with some sort of power so that was my thought process. The rest of my alliance agreed and we got him out. Then Paul got med-evacd which actually didn’t matter much tbh.
At this point it was final 7 and my alliance still had numbers 5-2. At this point I didn’t want to vote out Bob or Brit because I really liked them and I honestly trusted them more than some of my alliance members. Dana lost immunity and I saw my opportunity so I swung.................and missed, because Sagar was being a dumb bitch and flipped and sent Bob home.
At this point my whole alliance turned against me; along with losing Dana I also lost Cole and Ralib, plus I started losing trust in Sagar so literally all I had was Brittany. But somehow some way in the next vote I managed to get Sagar to vote with me and Brit and send Ralib home, since Cole flipped during the tie.

Now my #1 target was Dana right so I was going to whatever I could to make sure she did not win immunity, even if it meant to take her down I was gonna have to go down with her. So me, Brit and Sagar came up with a plan and worked together to get Dana to FINALLY lose.....and it worked. After this Dana goes on a rampage and tries to expose everyone and all their shit and to be honest she actually was on to something especially about who I was loyal to between Brit and Sagar because I honestly I didn’t know. But I somehow again escaped with no votes and got my biggest target out. Now it was final 4 and I was pretty much aligned with everyone. Cole and Brit wanted Sagar out, Sagar wanted them out and I was just sitting pretty. At this point Sagar wins I have to decide who I want out; Cole or Brit. Brittany was one of my favorite people to work with this whole season, I actually considered her a friend but at the same time almost everyone on the jury was her friend so me and Cole voted for her, which led to a tie and which led to Cole losing to her in the tiebreaker.
Even though I went against Sagar in the previous vote and I betrayed one of my closest allies at the same, at the end of the day I wasn’t scared because I know damn well neither of them were gonna take the other to Final 2. And I was right, Sagar won and took me just as I expected.

At the end of the day, I feel like I played a great game. I played boldly, authentically and unapologetically. I wasn’t afraid to get any of my targets out, even if it meant my alliance would turn against. Yeah Sagar won lots of immunities but he can’t say he would still be here if he didn’t win all those immunities, I can. Whether it was me against my alliance, me during a tied vote or me on a new tribe with a bunch of people I don’t even know, I always found a way to to get out unscathed and survive. I mean this is literally Survivor. So yeah if you hate me, if you love me you love me but I outwitted, I outplayed and most importantly, I outlasted.

GOOD LUCK SAGAR
1748 days 20 hours ago
Russell11
David:
to both Abel and Sagar, compare each member of the jury to a US Survivor player with an explanation.
Congrats and good luck to the both of you!

Thanks David!
Ralib-Hali, quiet but not too bad of a player
Nidian-Sierra Dawn Thomas, nice guy and wasn’t too bad of a player but I could never get a read on you
David-LJ, could’ve made it but you just didn’t have the numbers
Bob--Michael Yerger, because you had a lot of potential but used your idol at the wrong time
Dana-Corinne Kaplan, because you love a good argument
Brittany-Brenda Lowe, cuz you have an amazing personality and everyone loves you
Cole-The Cole from 35 lol, idk you remind me of him and you’re both chill and y’all have the same name
1748 days 12 hours ago
obscurity
David - Jeff Varner (S2, 10th place): Not referring to his unfortunate later incarnations, but his storyline in S2 is actually pretty fitting for you. Probably could have been the Tina Wesson of his own side if his side couldn't take power during the merge due to unfortunate circumstances (Skupin getting evaced, Kimmi leaking one of the tribe's early votes to Tina during a premerge challenge). But recognized as a potential power player which is why he was brought back many years later.

Nidian Mor - Danielle DiLorenzo (S20, 7th place): Prematurely cannibalized by her own alliance during the mid-merge simply because there was just a small amount of mistrust and paranoia. Unfortunately was the victim of a bad situation; the rest of her alliance ended up making it to the very end.

Bob - Caleb Bankston (S27, 7th place): Someone who was in minority pretty much throughout merge but had a small glimpse of hope during the round that he was voted out but ultimately ended up getting voted out because someone decided not to flip just yet (she did end up flipping just one round later, but obviously that wasn't enough to help Caleb).

Ralib - Leann Slaby (S9, 7th place): Probably the first "big move" of the season, in which a member of the core alliance that was in power (Dana/Ralib/Cody) at this point was taken out in a huge blindside. More or less a quiet player but one that was ingratiated well within the core alliance and whose downfall signaled the demise of our next juror...

Dana - Ami Cusack (S9, 6th place): If Ralib is Leann Slaby, then Dana of course has to be the Ice Queen Ami Cusack. Pretty much in control from Day 1 up to Leann's blindside, Dana ended up losing her power position and was unceremoniously dethroned at the Final 5. In the immortal words of Scout, "Ami, queens get dethroned, and lightning will strike a lone tree on top of a mountain faster than anything."

Cole - Sue Hawk (S1, 4th place): This one was difficult to come up with. I couldn't get a good read on Cole throughout the game but he was clearly always well positioned within the core 4 alliance (Rich/Kelly/Sue/Rudy: Sagar/Abel/Cole/Dana). However, after endgame fights and jockeying for power, the camaraderie between this group that was together since day 1 completely dissolved and probably the only thing left is animosity. I'm still waiting for the snakes and rats speech...

Brittany - Brett Clouser (S19, 4th place): Sorry to do it to you sis but Brett Clouser is a perfect description of your game. Pretty much loved by everyone, last member of the minority standing, undisputed hero of the season, would have won unanimously in the FTC but just came up one immunity short. Obviously he was super underedited though and hopefully that isn't the case for you :)
1748 days 11 hours ago
Espontaneo
I literally said “ok” to anything anyone said to me and voted out the first person to send me a vote so you’re both wrong about my game. This will be my first and last post in this group. Bye.
1748 days 11 hours ago
obscurity
Alright damn you can be Gabriel Cade
1748 days 8 hours ago
chandlerbing666
To the both of you, if any, what are the worst move/s you did in this game?
1748 days 5 hours ago
Russell11
Nidian:To the both of you, if any, what are the worst move/s you did in this game?

The one and only mistake that I feel I made in the game was probably trusting Sagar during the bob vote. Him not voting Dana with me completely exposed my game and turned almost all my allies against me but I fought my way out of another sticky situation as usual.
1748 days 5 hours ago
obscurity
My worst move was probably how I went about voting out Dana at the F5 round. I kind of waffled back and forth over the vote for more than an hour even though to be honest my decision was probably made as soon as Dana lost that immunity.

Don't get me wrong, it was the right move for my game but my conscience started getting in the way and I kinda had to smother it with a pillow to be able to do what I did
1748 days 3 hours ago
thewinner
Reunion will be Sunday night so vote before then.
1748 days 2 hours ago
Coyle14
Let the Snake eat the Rat then
1748 days 1 hour ago
noobsmoke13
Okay another question aimed at both Sagar and Abel.

Whose jury votes do you think you have and why?

and for those you don't think you have, what elevates your game above the other finalist?
1748 days 1 hour ago
LaFierceBrittany2
David for Second Chances ❤️
1748 days 1 hour ago
obscurity
@David the only person who I feel like I have is Brittany and even she could give me the middle finger, and she would be totally justified in doing so. I don't think I have Cole or Dana, nor do I really deserve their votes, but maybe they will give me a special surprise :)

No one else on the jury has really given me any indication that they would vote for me to win, but I hope people will at least take a few minutes to read my speech (or at least the summary at the end) as well as Abel's speech and make a decision based on that if they don't already have an opinion on who they will vote for based on interactions with us within the game itself.

I really feel like my speech lays out the main points for why I think my game was better than Abel's. I played THE active role in essentially every single elimination that I participated in, and ultimately every single vote in this game went the way that I wanted it to go. I had my finger on the pulse of this game from Day 1 and was able to easily adapt to changing circumstances and make the correct moves at the correct times.

Abel took a shot at my number of immunity wins at the end of the speech, which is fine and pretty much expected, but it is a weak argument when you consider that Abel was right there competing hard in every single immunity challenge that I beat him in. He made it to the end in  spite of losing all the challenges, not because of losing all the challenges. And would I have made it here to the end without nearly as many challenge wins? I honestly and genuinely believe the answer to that question is yes. I wasn't remotely a target at F7, I was the swing vote at F5 regardless of whether I was immune, Abel would have voted with me at F4 to force a FMC at the very least (and maybe I could have convinced Brittany to vote Cole as well), and F3 came down to me and Abel and both of us were taking each other. The immunity wins are just the icing on top of my game, not a crutch. I don't show up to challenges and not try my hardest just because I think someone will use my challenge wins against me at the FTC. That's a lame way to play.

open group

Group Game Hell 9: BB - Dynamic Duos

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!