This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Final Tribal Council (Germany)

Topic » Final Tribal Council (Germany)

1572 days 23 hours ago
SammySosaTV
We'll now bring in the members of our jury...
Violet...
Cole...
Kevin...
Logan...
Robby...
Zee...
and Julian, voted out at the last tribal council.

Dono and TJ are the Final 2 of Kolby's Survivor: Germany. You will both have a chance to write opening statements, and the jury will have a chance to ask questions in order to decide who they should vote for to become the winner of this season.

The votes will be due by Wednesday, January 1, at 8:00 PM EST. Giving you all a bit longer to do this because New Year's and all that. So, I hope this Final Tribal will be enlightening. If for some reason members of our jury are inactive, I will reach out to select premerge players to cast their votes.

Good luck. Jurors, please wait for TJ and Dono to post their opening speeches before asking questions.
1572 days 23 hours ago
donosaurus_rex
Hey everyone! I’m pretty excited to be sitting here. This has been a rollercoaster of a season, and for there to be two of us here at the end at all is a testament to Lilly’s heart. Thank you for picking things up after the Kolbtastrophe at final five. Perhaps the Black Forest was nothing more than a metaphor for Kolby’s personal demons. It is my hope that us finishing this season will work towards shifting the cosmic scale back in Kolby’s favor. So with that, let’s talk a bit about Germany.

A small cast to start things off, and a season that reeked of simplicity right off the bat. The red herring of the season’s sub-title got me for a while, but the only swap ended up being Logan’s mutiny and the biggest twist was how stupidly difficult it was to locate the hidden immunity idols. The Black Forest proved too difficult, I think, to find those idols pre-merge. I made a guess that that’s actually what the Black Forest meant, but Kolby got lost in those same woods, so we may never know the truth.

I started this game interested in forming strong social connections. I really liked the way the tribes were initially split, and I knew I didn’t have to focus on the far future. With Robby on the other tribe (whom I will admit is the only reason I even applied in the first place), I felt that if I got comfortable enough with the people I didn’t know, the merge phase would be manageable. There were a lot of things I didn’t foresee that ended up making things more difficult, and I ABSOLUTELY benefitted from Kolby quitting and pausing the game for three weeks. That being said, my goal of making merge with Robby became reality. I got real close with Violet and Cole in this pre-merge process. I’ve known TJ going back a few years, so I just tried to really play that up. TJ, to his obvious credit, is an incredible person and a savvy player. We think along similar lines, and it always feels easy to talk with him.

Going back to those unexpected obstacles, I really wanted to get Logan on my side early on this game. I knew he was always a super wildcard and had a bag-full of wrenches intent on havoc. I knew Logan since the very first season of Kolby’s Survivor I ever played. We started on the same tribe in Thailand too, and I knew his antics from there. I also had the privilege of hosting him for my first season back a little over a year ago. His decision to mutiny was something I truly did not see coming, although in retrospect it is so obvious. I thought I was doing a pretty good job of making him feel comfortable, but that was clearly wrong. Despite my shortcomings, I wanted to keep that possibility open in the future should we both make merge, so I continued to have sparing conversation.

That’s the essence of what I want you all to see. I played really hard in the social department. I tried not to make any promises I couldn’t keep, and I tried to be likeable. In the Tribe Dynamics challenge, I won the popular vote for “Who would you most trust with your life?” and “Who would you most want to hang out with in real life?”. At the time, Violet was dominating the social-scale, but I had a subtle, yet substantial, lead ahead of the rest of you. I am really proud of how I managed to keep myself in everyone’s good graces despite being such a threat.

Coming into the game, I was immediately pegged as the only player to have previously won Kolby’s Survivor. That first tribal council, Kolby made it clear to me that I was going to have to work to win again. He didn’t let that fact slide under the radar, and brought it out into the open for everyone to understand. I still got here, and I really think my social connections paved the way for my journey. I didn’t do a perfect job. The ultimate goal of Survivor is to play a perfect game, and to control each and every vote. I didn’t do that for shit. I literally ended up voting for Robby three tribal councils in a row towards the end and he stayed up until the one tribal I didn’t vote for him. My strategy was meant to get Violet and Cole and TJ and myself as far as possible. That didn’t work as I’d hoped. Before I go into great detail about Zee (and how he was a big wrench in this plan), I’ll mention how Robby did a great job of making us four feel comfortable going into the merge with the Robby’s Renegades Alliance. That was good. I don’t know why I didn’t see that you were going to only work with us for one vote. I think I came to that realization like fifteen minutes before votes were being read when I was on my way home in the car. Robby and Julian were the reason the four of us (Violet, Cole, TJ, and myself) were asleep at the wheel the night Violet went home. Well, that AND my overt trust in Zee.

Zee was really the biggest absolute enigma for me in this game. At first, I didn’t suspect much. I hadn’t heard your name before, and didn’t do my research about where you come from in the Tengaged world. I am really glad we got to communicate though, and I hope you know that our conversations really did come from the heart. It was in the peak of game-time, and I will openly admit I was hoping it would go a ways in you trusting me, but I really did enjoy our conversations. You ended up being really cool, and really fuckin’ scary in the game. I fought every instinct to try to keep you in the game, if not for the primary reason that you were a big shield for me. The other reasons were what blinded me to your intelligence and savviness. Going back to the Violet vote, I really had a premature read of you at that time. I thought I could control you and that was a big slap in the face to realize I was the one that was naive.

So yeah, my strategic game was flawed. As soon as Violet left, I let that fact sit and digest. I knew I had to double down on the social element if I stood a chance, so I decided to keep at it with my efforts with Zee and to choose Robby as the scapegoat. I figured Robby was thinking the same thing I was and didn’t want to see me at the end (just like I didn’t want to see him there), and I figured I could go down the path of trying to get Robby out before he got me. I also hoped that if I went strong enough for Robby, Zee would change course and give me some definitive signs of an allegiance I could work with.

Once Zee emerged as a true threat and Robby became a clear enemy, I knew there would be times I’d need to win immunity to stay alive. I gave up trying to find idols pre-merge, and although I did look for a while during the merge phase, found nothing at all. So my physical strength was definitely a factor in me being here. I think it is safe to say that if I didn’t win the last two challenges I’d be gone for sure and Zee would be here. But I won, and more than those two, I won five total individual immunity challenges, and proved that I was the biggest physical presence here. Some may see that as a weakness of sorts, but I argue that many, if not all, of you know of my abilities in these group game competitions. I should have been voted out first tribal council at merge, but I had laid a strong foundation to my game that allowed me to get past those critical points of vulnerability. Even if you didn’t know of my strength in challenges, I proved to many of you in my communications alone that I was a threat. For everyone with the exception of Kevin, I made great efforts to work with. In Germany, I have been really really proud of the way I played in terms of social and physical gameplay. While my strategic gameplay did lack throughout, I did make a few strategic plays late-game that I’d like to talk about.

Betraying Julian was something that ended up being really difficult. I promised Julian final two in the day leading up to Zee’s elimination. I was pretty sure that Zee and him were going to vote for TJ together, and wanted to do what I could to prevent a tie. I offered Julian a promise that I knew I’d have to potentially break and hoped it would be enough for him to vote out Zee. I think there were other things that TJ will take credit for in that night that went towards tipping the scales, but I felt at the time it was necessary for me to extend this offer to make the final three challenge as easy as possible. Like I said earlier, I figured I had to win to stay alive, so I was really focused on that. The last hour has been tough coming to actually face that reality, and I do feel terrible. I absolutely defend that it was a necessary game move, and a good one at that, but I do wish it could have been possible a different way. Without these assurances to Julian, I think Zee would have potentially beat TJ in a tiebreaker, and then gone on to beat me today in the final immunity challenge. Without that move, I had a much lesser chance of making it to this point here. I really think it was essential, and for that I need to own it. For whatever consequences that result with Julian, I need to accept them.

All that being said, I truly think I played the better game. From beginning to end, I was able to maneuver myself to stay alive, and did so while growing genuine connections with you guys. I am proud of what I was able to accomplish, and I hope you all can see my efforts and understand just how hard I worked to get here. My social bonds were strong, and my physical presence was stronger. I was adaptable and resilient. Despite my failed strategies, I kept my head in the game and focused on the days ahead. I made smart plays when they mattered and stayed in the shadows during the fireworks. Despite all the chaos in the Black Forest, I was able to survive thirty-nine days with the biggest Day One target in the entire cast. Despite the Renegades Ransacking and despite the Kolbpocalypse, I was able to get here, and I was strong enough to bring TJ with me. For that, I deserve the fake million dollar prize and the title of Sole Survivor.

I will answer anything you jurors got. Good luck TJ, and may the best Danube win!
1572 days 23 hours ago
chillum
I'll wait for TJs ipening statement before asking any questions good luck to both of you
1572 days 23 hours ago
TJ2807
Sorry guys, got caught up in something but I’ll be posting my speech soon!!!
1572 days 22 hours ago
TJ2807
Well, hey there Jury!
First off, I would really like to thank Lilly for coming through and finishing up this game, you’re really the best Lilly <3

Before I start my speech, I would like to flaunt on my AMAZING stats:
Comp wins: 0
Advantages/Idols: 0
*Bows* Thank you, Thank you. Physical BEAST, I know.
But in all seriousness, going into this game I knew my strengths and my weaknesses and how I needed to make up for those weaknesses. My biggest weakness is definitely my lack of physical prowess, my biggest downfall in the game. While my biggest upside is my strategic game getting myself in power positions multiple times throughout the game and using my social get to get myself in the know about the votes and getting people to trust me enough to vote with me and help me get information from all angles to prove myself.

Very early on in the game, I needed to make a splash. When I saw the initial tribes, I knew that I wanted to have Dono as an ally in the longhaul, along with Violet. Together with those two and Cole, we were able to control early-stage Danube, but early on in that game I needed to make a huge decision: Whether or not I wanted to keep the obvious threat Dono in the game. At the infamous final 12 vote, I needed to choose between the final 3 alliance of myself, Billy and Zee or the alliance of Cole Dono Violet and myself. Ultimately I decided that keeping the person who I wanted to work closest with, Violet, and the person who I could easily use as a shield, Dono, would be the best for my game.
Then comes the merge. A really, really fun merge to be a part of! I will stress her again that I didn’t manage to win a single competition and therefore needed to rely on my social game to carry me farther in the game. Zee hated me for lying to him and that would make him a huge threat to my game in the long haul.
The first vote, I got the two people I was closest to from the other tribe: Julian and Robby. They joined up with the final 4 alliance to make Robbys Renegades and we all voted together merrily to cut down the other sides numbers... for one vote.
The next vote, our four got a little too comfortable and didn’t see the other two swapping from us right under our noses and causing the only time I voted in minority: The Violet vote. Unfortunately, the social Queen and the person I believed I could trust the MOST in the game was taken out and now I needed to scramble and get myself to a point of safety again as myself Cole and Dono were left in the minority. I spoke to a lot of people and managed to buy some time from Cole’s inactivity and voted in majority for that vote, showing Kevin as a possible ally in the future as he and Julian were the only ones to actually tell me the real vote for that tribal, telling me that I still had an in.
The final 7 tribal was probably the best of mine. This was the point where everyone wanted to start to wake up and make some moves, so two groups of four were made, with myself being the only one in both of them! Logan told me to make the chat of us two, Kevin and Dono but I believed that it would be better for me if I wasn’t singled out as the creator of a single side. So, in that final 7 vote, I needed to choose who I wanted to side with. I pushed for Kevin to be the vote by Robby Zee and Julian, while the others were pretty set on voting Robby if I remember correctly. Kevin seemed like a much bigger threat for my personal game as I knew that Robby and Zee wouldn’t want to keep each other in for much longer and Julian wouldn’t want to have both of those big threat left in the game, whereas Kevin and Logan would 100% keep each other over myself and Dono. Though I sided with one side in the vote, I still did my best to keep Dono safe and keep him close with me. He’s a great player and great person to have as a vote on my side, and I knew that by taking out all of his other allies that he would have no other choice but to be loyal to me and try his best to protect me, since there wasn’t anybody else for him to trust!
Next vote was pretty simple, Logan lies to me at every single vote so I didn’t really feel that bad getting him out... and I knew that my lowkey and sneaky game would have everyone targeting each other in this star-studded final 5 with a physical and strategical powerhouse in Zee, similar to my own social and strategic game by Julian and the two powerhouse names of Dono and Robby. This is when Kolby would leave us... so that’s not fun!

Following Lilly saving our souls, the seemingly inactive yet dangerous Robby was ultimately taken out, as I did my best to keep the also inactive but extremely valuable to my game Dono and agreeing with Julian and Zee whom were active that we’d just take out Robby.

Final four was a little more nerve racking, but my social connections and the picking and choosing I made through the game allowed for the thorn in my side Zee to finally be taken out. Julian May have planned to vote for me that tribal and I knew that going to a fire making challenge against Zee wouldn’t end well for me, so I really went to work. I made Julian remember how I wanted him in the end with me no matter what and that Zee wasn’t afraid to throw his name around, ultimately convincing him to vote Zee, his closest ally next to myself, and get myself in to a final 3 with the two people I had a f2 with and getting me in a pretty nice position. Ultimately the comp beast Dono won yet another competition and took out Julian who I would’ve preferred to be sitting next to against in all honesty.. but I do believe that I played a very strong game and that I didn’t need to win comps or find idols to get myself here. I used my connections and I got people to take out the ones who were against me to earn my spot in this final 2.
I’ll answer any questions you guys have for me, and good luck Dono!
1572 days 22 hours ago
chillum
@TJ, it seems to me that everyone in the final 4 played a better game then you no offense it's just how I see it, why did you go the final 4 with this group when it seems none of the situations you played a better game?

@Dono I don't think your social game was as good as you say it was and you relied on challenge strength alot prove me wrong
1572 days 22 hours ago
TJ2807
@TJ, it seems to me that everyone in the final 4 played a better game then you no offense it's just how I see it, why did you go the final 4 with this group when it seems none of the situations you played a better game?

LOL no offence taken.
Honestly, going to the end against people who think they played “better games” was my ultimate strategy! I knew that I could get myself to the end with the connections I made. I had a huge influence in this game and without me Dono would’ve been voted out on MULTIPLE occasions, from the first vote to the second vote all the way to the final 5 vote, I did everything I could to keep my ally in the game with me for when he couldn’t keep himself safe with immunities, a luxury I didn’t enjoy. I was always vulnerable and because of that scratched my way by. By taking these proper far I secured myself a position in the middle and got myself to a point where despite my physical shortcomings I was nearly confirmed a f2 with both Julian and Dono on my side. I feel like by making myself seem weak I got myself to this spot right here, talking to you while if I was left with weaker players in the game I’d be knocked off.
1572 days 21 hours ago
chillum
Last questions for both of you compare each jury member to a survivor player. (Not really a question just wanna know)
1572 days 21 hours ago
donosaurus_rex
Logan [chillum]

@Dono I don't think your social game was as good as you say it was and you relied on challenge strength alot prove me wrong

--------------------------------------------------

Sure thing I'll give it my best shot. I really do agree with you that I relied on challenge strength a lot. I'm not fighting that. But there were at least three key points where I was vulnerable that I will explain:

First Vote - The first tribal council, I almost went home. My prior experience almost cost me the game the first night, but I believe I can credit my social game to saving me. It was you after all, Logan, who threw your vote so that the vote wouldn't tie. Thanks to you, I am here now. But if I hadn't gone to such lengths to make you trust me, that may not have happened. And in addition to your trust, I was able to quickly earn the trust of Cole and Violet to cement that majority foursome right from the start. And soon after that vote, I began to speak to Zee in an effort to minimize my target should we visit tribal council again.

Early Merge + Especially Violet's Vote - For the first three tribal councils after merge, I didn't have immunity. Zee, Julian, and Kevin had won the first three and I was vulnerable at all three. I was working my ass off to make sure the people I wasn't sure of were at least focusing their attention on other big threats. My social bonds with Robby and Julian and Zee were really sprouting here and I was making sure they were targeting each other by trying to be someone they could work with in both their eyes. After the Renegades fell I stopped the facade with Robby and that was a genuine social reaction that I think ended up working in my favor. I think it caused a lot of people to see me as someone who does what they say they will do. That sort of person can be trusted if needed, and I think I managed this successfully. Zee didn't think to target me when he could have, and neither did Robby. That's a credit to my social game.

Inactive Robby Post-Fallout Vote - I think a lot of my earlier work with Zee really paid off here, although I can't be sure to be honest. Robby and I were both vulnerable at final five, and both of us were inactive. TJ says he worked to keep my name off the block, but at this point the choice seems like it would have been Zee and Julian's to make. My prior bonds came to help me in this moment, I think. I think they chose Robby not because he was the bigger threat, but because they saw him as the bigger question mark. He had been inactive for over 5 days and I was only inactive for like 1 or 2 so it wasn't a matter of who is more likely to come back (which is what I probably would have based that vote on).

Those are some specific merits to my social game, Logan. I hope I answered your question. I'll answer your next one in another post.
1572 days 20 hours ago
donosaurus_rex
Logan [chillum]

Last questions for both of you compare each jury member to a survivor player. (Not really a question just wanna know)

Alright I'll try to be creative and take my time with this one. It'll be fun lolol sorry ahead of time.

Violet P. (Violetx) - Andrea Boehlke because Andrea was a superstar social player and was the biggest threat to win each time she played. It's hard for her to hide under the radar and even more difficult to survive long after the merge.

Cole (Coyle14) - Matty Whitmore because Matty was a super duper chiller and was naturally inclined to this game. Cole was going to be dominant if he got to shine, but he didn't get the real opportunity to do so. Neither did Matty, who is low-key my favorite player in Survivor history. Matty was a funny and threatening bright spot for Gabon just like Cole was for Germany.

Kevin C. (kevin121302) - John Hennigan because John was an early merge boot that was a threat not only because oh his challenge prowess, but because of his charisma. Kevin could be a WWE wrestler.

Logan R. (chillum) - Kyle Jason because Kyle was someone who was likeable and you wanted to be able to trust but you probably know you shouldn't. Insanely dynamic and fun but a villain with a high threat level.

Robby J. (Robbyjak) - JT Thomas because JT was just so likeable. He was a great player just like Robby, and JT used a natural charm to get by. JT is also a powerhouse in physical strength and even though Robby didn't get to showcase that this season, he would have stomped any of us in that final immunity challenge if he got the chance. JT is kinda stupid like Robby too lololol.

Zee S. (IAyeEye) - Jonathan Penner because Penner was extremely funny in a dry and sarcastic way. Penner and Zee both are huge characters and expect a great deal of loyalty from those they align with. Things that are complicated to most are simple to both Penner and Zee. Real smart!

Julian W. (TheSexiestDude990) - Devon Pinto because Devon was smarter than he let on and worked harder than he made seem. An unfortunate victim of circumstances outside of his control, he couldn't get to the end. Like Julian, Devon was well liked and posed a threat to win in the end.
1572 days 1 hour ago
Coyle14
im thinking of a number between 1-10, what is it?
1572 days 1 hour ago
donosaurus_rex
1571 days 23 hours ago
TJ2807
1570 days 21 hours ago
TheSexiestDude990
Why should I NOT vote for the person sitting next to you?
1570 days 20 hours ago
donosaurus_rex
Julian [TheSexiestDude990]

Sooooo I think there are a few reasons you shouldn't write TJ's name down when you cast your vote. I love TJ and he played a decent game, but if we take an objective look at not only some of his gameplay, but also some of his final tribal council statements, it is clear that I played a superior game in the quintessential departments of Survivor gameplay, and TJ knows it!

TJ has made clear his strengths and weaknesses in his speech. His strategy was to use his strategic mind to control the votes to mitigate his weak physical game. The only problem is that many of the votes were not directly in his control. He flipped to where he needed to to avoid being THE target, which is not a bad strategy, but he is claiming these votes are by his own hand. That discrepancy shows that TJ took more of a backseat approach to the game, and relied less on a forceful strategic approach to each vote, and more of an unintimidating social angle.

My strategy was very much admittedly less than perfect most of the time, but I said as much in my opening speech. This final tribal council thread is about owning your game, not stretching the truth. I think that definitely shows who TJ thinks deserves to win. He doesn't stretch it like that if he thinks he played the better game.

So in conclusion, you should not vote for TJ because I think he has made it obvious in his own words that I played the better game on all fronts. :) Sorry it's kinda late and I'm exhausted, Happy New Year!
1570 days 20 hours ago
TJ2807

Well I’m just gonna make this short and sweet lol but well basically, I feel like Dono relief way too heavily on his physical game to carry him through the game. Without multiple immunity wins he would be unable to be here, he was inactive for one vote that he could’ve very likely been voted out during if the situation was different, and had no control over any of the votes in the game while I tried my best to keep the people I needed in the game.

I’d say that considering Dono was going to be voted out on multiple situations shows that he had a weaker social and strategic game than mine. And for those reasons, and for having a less well rounded game, is why you should not vote for Dono to win the game!

Happy new year everyone and good night lmfao

open group

Survivor: Germany - The Black Forest(S1)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!