This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Finale Interview: Tyler (VanHow10)

Topic » Finale Interview: Tyler..

1882 days 14 hours ago
AshlynArehart
1. Were you surprised to see that Tim evicted you and would you have evicted him had you won the final HOH?

There was a pretty clear sense between Tim and I while we were playing the final HOH that it was for the game. Based on the way people were talking about Sarah before they left, it would have been really, really hard for her to beat either of us in the end. A couple of people while they were still in the game mentioned to me that they thought Sarah was being snakey and the fact that she kept asking people to throw comps to her or help her in comps certainly wasn't good for her case. I held out some amount of hope that Tim might take me to have a stronger overall final because he very likely would have beaten me anyway but the moment I lost that tiebreaker, I expected to be casting a jury vote.

2. Were you surprised with the results tonight?

Honestly, the biggest surprise is that it wasn't a shutout. But Tim even said that he'd had no relationship with Chandler and Chandler left before those things started to be said about Sarah, so it does make sense from his perspective. Tim played dominantly. He went unnominated until I put him up at 4. He won 3 HOH's and 3 POV's, I think. He cast the most important vote to evict Colton and the only votes to evict Julian and Myself. His social game was extraordinary throughout and he never let himself fall into a bad position. Tim is an excellent Big Brother winner.

3. You were in my eyes a surprise player. Usually the quiet ones don’t make it far, but you won three HOHs and seemed to have had a great social game. Do you think laying low benefitted you?

First of all, thank you so much for both awards! I'm glad I could surprise you and I've never won Hero of the season before so that was wonderful. I definitely think that winning the second HOH comp had little to do with any threatening skills and people knew that so while I was afraid at the time that it might hurt me, it only wound up benefiting me in the long term. One of the things I really wanted to do in this season was make an enemy of a dangerous player and by putting Colton up and then really openly targeting Julian I was able to do that. I was on the block twice at eviction time and I think a lot of the reason I survived those votes was that the people whose trust I needed knew that if I gained power they weren't in my crosshairs. It's a lot easier to keep somebody safe when you know you can count on them to do the same, and that was the point of so obviously targeting Colton for so much of the game.

The other pillar of my season was that I wasn't particularly interested in a big alliance. My aim for the season was to cultivate one on one deals where myself and others mutually agreed to just look out for each other as long as we could. I had those deals from very early on with Naomi, Tim, Sarah, and KC and all four of those people did more than their share to get me where I got in this game.

4. Was there any difficult moments for you this season?

The whole season was difficult!! Well, everything form when Naomi and Sarah went on the block together. Even my triumphs came on a razor's edge! I won the 2048 HOH by less than 10 percent, I lost a tiebreaker in the final 5 Veto comp, Won final 4 HOH just by being faster than everybody, and lost a tiebreaker in the final HOH that cost me the game. And that's not even getting into the fact that I faced 2 eviction votes, 1 of which was against my closest ally at the time! I think a lot of what made this season so much fun is the fact that everything felt so close and difficult.

5. Do you have any regrets with your game?

I regret not paying more attention to the comps in which I didn't participate. The final HOH tiebreaker question was about a comp from when I was the outgoing HOH and I never bothered to go back and, like, read through it and if I'd taken a half hour to familiarize myself with that comp, this might be a champion's interview. That was a particularly hard lesson to learn.

6. You know next season is Fans vs Favorites. Do you think you would be interested in coming back? Or do you think you would need some time away from it?

I'd love to come back. I had so much fun! I haven't been applying to new games lately so I'm basically taking time away now.

7. What advice would you give to future applicants?

Given that I've never won anything on tengaged, the people on this site probably don't need my advice lol. I'd say just be cool, generally. If you're in a game where people aren't having fun, just make sure that you're not the reason why.

8. Any final thoughts?

Just thank you so much! I had a great time playing, I'm as satisfied as I could be with a winner not named Tyler, and I enjoyed playing with everyone we played with!

open group

Ashlyn's Big Brother 6 (APPS OPEN)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!