This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

WEEK 11- RUNWAY

Topic » WEEK 11- RUNWAY

1756 days 4 hours ago
Rubes
Welcome to the main stage of Rubes and Joco’s Drag Race!

This week we challenged our queens to create 3 western inspired looks for this seasons ball!

Let’s see how they did!

1756 days 4 hours ago
Rubes
Category is...Brown Cow Stunning!

https://s1.ezgif.com/save/ezgif-1-a31f78c34427.gif
1756 days 4 hours ago
Rubes
Category is...Denim Realness!

https://s1.ezgif.com/save/ezgif-1-861dd9f83d34.gif
1756 days 3 hours ago
Rubes
Category is...Saloon Girl!

https://s1.ezgif.com/save/ezgif-1-9a8622ccb7d7.gif
1756 days 3 hours ago
Rubes
Let’s get to critiques!

Rubes Critiques:

Donut-

Look 1: I quite enjoy this look from you Donut! This coat is sickening and the hat too! I don’t really like the hair with this outfit though but other than that this look is great!

Look 2: Hmm ok...I’m gonna be honest and say that I don’t like this look because I think that the pose is very awkward, I don’t like that the coat splits in the middle and I’m not really digging the loft sided hat and the makeup in this look. The boots are killer though.

Look 3: This is cute. It’s simple but fits the theme. Umm I’m not too keen on the green undergarment, the shoes and again I feel like the makeup doesn’t particularly go great with the look and the hair feels off again but nonetheless this is cute and a good representation of a Saloon girl!

Enobaria-

Look 1: This is cute. Similar to Donut’s look and I do have to agree with Nicky and say that it’s a more basic version of her look however it gets the job done nicely and fits the theme!

Look 2: Ok I love this! This gown is everything and you look expensive as fuck! I’m living for the different styles and colours of Denim and you killed this category! Great job!

Look 3: This is gorgeous! The salon girl feel mixed with burlesque we love! The hair is right and that outfit is so gorg. Not a huge fan on the legging and shoes though but still a great look!

Mukbang-

Look 1: This is very chic and high fashion darling! It’s simple yet very effective which I love! Your makeup looks gorgeous here too! This is all very cute and I like it!

Look 2: For me, you and Enobaria killed this category! The gown is beautiful though some may say simple I think it fits just right! The accessories are nice and the hair is ok could have been styled better. However you had one of my favourite Denim looks.

Look 3: YESS YESS YESS YESS AND YESS! By far the best look of the night! The traditional red and black colours with the feathers but of course you added in a Mukbang twist! This is so greatly constructed that all the components from the outfit to the makeup to the headpiece and the fan all compliment each other perfectly! Amazing work!

Ruby-

Look 1: YASS! This is campy as fuck and I’m so happy you decided to go this route with the theme! You stood out from everyone else because you didn’t just wear cow print! This is so iconic and definitely my favourite look from this category! And that Afro... BITCH YES!

Look 2: I’m not the hugest fan of this look, sorry! I get what you were going for but I just don’t like how the outfit looks almost kinda stiff. I don’t really love the hair and to me the diamonds and the denim do not go together very well. This is disappointing considering your first look was so good.

Look 3: I love the message you are portraying in this look but I agree with Joco and think that this could have been executed much much better! I really do dislike the mug in this look it’s almost scary. And this is similar to Enobaria and I do think she did a better job at it. And yes it does feel more showgirly then saloon girly. But again the message is lovely.

Ur Mum-

Look 1: This is simple but clever. I like that you are the only one not wearing brown cow print but you’re a brown girl in cow print. It’s kinda funny actually. The look itself is....simple but again like most of the others it fits the theme in its own way and overall I like it!

Look 2: Again this is simple but not a bad look in the slightest! I actually love your body shape here and it’s kinda giving me Soju in the makeover episode look LOOOOOOL! But yeah just again I feel you got overshadowed in this category.

Look 3: This is probably my favourite of your 3 looks. Again it could be classed as simple but I think you were smart with this look. You look stunning in black and definitely stand out. But does it push boundaries and my expectations? I don’t really know..
1756 days 3 hours ago
Rubes
Joco’s Critiques:

Donut
Brown cow is nice- have to be picky and nice the belt goes through the coat and i dont like that to be honest. The rest of the look is ok, the cow print is lovbely and i like the hat too but the rest is maybe just too plain for my liking, it all blends into each other and doesnt stand out that much- but its better than your previous look for this category
I honestly do not like the denim look. It doesnt sit right, the boots are uneven, the patter does nothing for me and i hate the gloves- sorry!
This is a nice looks, love the colour but its very safe its in concept and balls are a good time to really push the boat out and strive for something more shocking, even if the topic seems limited. Not a nod job though.

Enobaria
Another cowgirl concept and saldy not a massive fan of this one either, the corset looks odd with this dress, i dont like the make up and it all looks a little disjointed, like a basic version of donuts look.
Love this denim look- it's very chic and very high fashion and you finally moved away from the country and western theme and pushed us somehwere else. hair goeds well and the makeup is much nicer here. Top denim toot.
I like this saloon look, its got the traditional feathers but with a gorgeous burlesque twist, the hair is nice and the colours go very well together and are accessorised well. Not massive on the shoes but for the look, theyre not bad.

Mukbang
You look stunning in cow! you took this theme and made it fashionable and a nice simple coat can have a lot of impact and yours does. It's sharp and sophisticated with great accessories and nice added touches of the makeup and stockings. Good job.
Your denim look is a little simple but it's nice, you gave us a nice shaped dress and again accessoried it well. The hair really suits this look- i would have adored a belt or a mini corset around the synched middle but pretty all the same.
YASSS. A unique saloon girl; a littler bit country, a little bit opera, a little bit fantasy, i love the direction you took this and you get my top toot fot this category. Well done.

Ruby
And Ruuuuuby you get my top toot for the cow category! I think this is a very unique take on it and stands out miles against the other girls. Im an afro fan and the overall 70s vibe of this look combined with natural brown cow elements elevates this looks! Well done.
Your denim look gives me Brook vibes but im not a huge fan of it, it's a little sloppy around all the gaps in the look and doesnt seem to have any flow or joining to it, like the elements dont all fit together. I like the 80s hair but i despise the show honestly.
So i get where you were going with the saloon look and i like the message but i dont think it was excuted in the best way possible, the headpiece gives this way more of a showgirl feel than a saloon girl and the fetahers down the leg make little sense- where are they attached too?

Ur Mum
I like this cow look, it's a brown girl as a cow and thats what it is, it's hard to mess it up really but it also didnt push any boundaries. You look stunning but i feel like you could have pushed this concept further.
I love denim and i love hippies and think this look is well execute. The hair and accessories are all perfectly chosen and i adore that she's selling us body-ody-ody but this is definately overhsadowed but some other girls. Not bad though.
I like this look alot- you took the idea of who would be in a saloon and served us a cowgirl instead of the waitress whores and i think that was very smart. you look stunning and its deffo your best look of the three and stands out for its own reasons amongst the others. Good job.
1756 days 3 hours ago
Sloth_Roman
https://media.giphy.com/media/KeKHVdiKa68CrduzxI/giphy.gif
1756 days 3 hours ago
greyconverse
https://media.giphy.com/media/h55EUEsTG9224/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/2mEg4cx8yj9eZ2tur9/giphy.gif
1756 days 3 hours ago
Rubes
Enobaria...
You are safe/high! Good job you may leave the stage!
1756 days 3 hours ago
Rubes
Mukbang, your looks made us yee-haw for more!

Condragulations you are the winner of this weeks challenge!
1756 days 3 hours ago
Kisa
https://media.giphy.com/media/ctLK7b6rAckEV3kJc9/giphy.gif
1756 days 3 hours ago
Sloth_Roman
legend
1756 days 3 hours ago
Rubes
Donut, Ur Mum, Ruby..
It was very close this week to determine the bottom 2 but we have come to a decision...
I’m sorry my dears but you are all up for elimination!
1756 days 3 hours ago
Sloth_Roman
https://media.giphy.com/media/lqGwYLIvIaRSLZ5K60/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/iDUKrLIvAdlHeecNPH/giphy.gif
1756 days 3 hours ago
Rubes
3 queens stand before us, ladies this is your last chance to impress us and save yourself from elimination! The time has come for you to lipsyncfor your LIFE!! Good luck and don’t fuck t up!

24 hours! Good luck <3

open group

✨Rubes & Joco's Drag Race! ✨

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!