This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 11: Final Mission

Topic » Episode 11: Final Mission

1760 days 9 hours ago
turney1805
Welcome Everyone to the Final Mission!

Congratulations on making it to this point! You were able to beat out 12 teams to make it to this point, you should all be very proud. Now it is time to crown a winner for this season, and it will be ONE of you, so make sure you put in your best effort into coming out on top of this mission!

The name of this mission is “Around And Back”

This mission will be all non-live, meaning you can work on this whenever you want, without me being online. Just make sure to get it done, because any part that is incomplete will result in a severe penalty.

For this Final Mission, you will be running a circuit around a set course. Laid out around the course are checkpoints which you must complete. You may only complete one checkpoint per lap, meaning you will have to run a new lap each time you want to do a new checkpoint. However the most important rule to remember is that once you start a checkpoint, you cannot pause or restart it.

For any checkpoints that require a screenshot as the submission or a mailed in answer as a submission, you get only ONE attempt. Any attempts after that will NOT be accepted. So it is CRITICAL that you follow my directions during this final mission.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHECKPOINTS

#1: Spam
#2: Speed/Endurance
#3: Puzzle
#4: Flash Game

Running Laps: Speed/Teamwork
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please keep in mind that I am currently not feeling well and I’m also trying to prepare for a trip at the same time, so my availability will be low. If you have any questions, I advise you ask BEFORE you start any checkpoint, because if you don’t and you make a mistake, I will still score you as normal.

This Final Mission starts now and you will have until WEDNESDAY 5 PM PST (8 PM EST) to complete it. There are no extensions because I have to be at the airport after that point and will NOT be taking my laptop with me.

Good Luck!
1759 days 6 hours ago
turney1805
CHECKPOINT #1- SPAM

For this checkpoint, you or your partner will need to make a blog title:

Person Name/Person Name’s Trendsetter Blog

Where you may use your names or usernames to replace the Person Name part. Once you have done this, you and your partner must immediately mail me the blog which will start your time. Please title your mail, START OUR TIME FOR SPAM.  If you make a blog but do not mail me within a minute of posting it, then you will be issued a one hour penalty.

Once your blog has been made, you must get Tengaged users to post the following comment:

@Their Username - Comment #_

Where they tag themselves in the comment, and replace the _ with whatever comment number they are. Each Tengaged user may only be used ONCE and you may not use anyone who is currently in the game, but you may use eliminated players.

You will be required to get a total of 30 users to do this and count off correctly. If a user makes a mistake, you may delete their comment and have them try again, but should I see any mistakes, it will be a 5 minute penalty for each mistake.

Once the 30th person makes their comment, you and your partner may stop your time, by mailing me the link to the blog again with the mail titled STOP OUR TIME FOR SPAM.
1759 days 6 hours ago
turney1805
CHECKPOINT #2- SPEED/ENDURANCE

For this checkpoint, you and your partner will be dropping marbles into a jar, 100 marbles to be exact. Now the twist? You can’t just drop these all at once, because for every 25 marbles, you MUST take a break.

When you or partner drop your first marble, your time will start immediately. Please mail in the official phrase

DROPS MARBLE #_ FOR PERSON NAME/PERSON NAME

Your phrase must match mine with the capitalization, but remember to replace the dash with the marble number you are on. Also, replace the person name with either your usernames or names, either are acceptable.

During this checkpoint, you will be timed on how fast you can drop those marbles into the jar. Now, your mandatory break times DO NOT COUNT into the time, but you should know that your time will automatically start back up the moment your break time ends, as I have already set what the break times should be for you. It is imperative that you pay attention to time. Now starting late only will result in your timer being unpaused, no penalty, however if you drop marbles during a mandatory break time, you will be penalized 5 minutes per each marble dropped in that break time.

It should also be noted that you if you send me marbles out of order or miss a marble, then you will also be penalized, as you cannot backtrack. That penalty will 3 minutes per marble.

All times will be based on Tengaged timestamps, so please keep that in mind during this run. Just to be clear, I am going by the timestamps I receive on my end.

So what is the breakdown for this run:

MARBLES 1 TO 25
Break Time: 4 minutes and 20 seconds
MARBLES 26 TO 50
Break Time: 9 minutes and 00 seconds
MARBLES 51 TO 75
Break Time: 15 minutes and 50 seconds
MARBLES 76 TO 100

Since this is a partner competition, you and your partner need to alternate dropping marbles. One partner drops one number then your partner does the next number, so on and so on.

Once your team has sent in marble 100, your time will be stopped. Have fun!
1759 days 6 hours ago
turney1805
CHECKPOINT #3- PUZZLE

For this checkpoint, you must complete a series of puzzles which are included in the a Google Form that you will be linked, privately. Once you enter the Google Form, your time will start and CANNOT be paused for any reason. It is imperative that you do not enter the Google form until you are ready to do your puzzle. Any tampering or misuse of the Google form will result in immediate disqualification.

There are 3 sets of puzzles you must play through, and you must submit an answer for each puzzle. There are penalty associated for each section should you not complete a puzzle

Section #1:
Penalty for Incorrect Answer: 5 minutes per incorrect answer
Penalty for Blank Answer: 12 minutes per blank answer

Sections #2 and #3:
Penalty for Invalid Screenshot: 10 minutes per infraction
Penalty for No Submission: 1 hour per infraction

It is important that you submit a valid screenshot in the form before you move on. For those of you who take screenshots via camera rather via your computer, I HIGHLY recommend using IMGUR to upload your camera shot, then submit that link in the Google Form. I will NOT be accepting camera images AFTER you have submitted on Google.

Your time will not be stopped until you have completed the stop instructions which will be given to you in the Google Form.

NOTE: Only ONE member per each team does this checkpoint, the member who does not do this checkpoint will do the Flash Game checkpoint.
1759 days 6 hours ago
turney1805
CHECKPOINT #4- FLASH GAMES

For this checkpoint, you must complete a series of puzzles which are included in the a Google Form that you will be linked, privately. Once you enter the Google Form, your time will start and CANNOT be paused for any reason. It is imperative that you do not enter the Google form until you are ready to do your flash games. Any tampering or misuse of the Google form will result in immediate disqualification.

There are 3 flash games you must play through, and you must submit a score for each one. You will be given a minimum required score that you must submit for each flash game before you move on. There are penalty associated for each section should you not reach the minimum required score.
Games #1 and 2:
Penalty for Not Meeting Minimum Score: 1 minute per each point you are off the minimum score.
Penalty for Blank Submission: 1 hour per infraction

Game #3:
Penalty for Not Meeting Minimum Score: 30 seconds per each point you are off the minimum score.
Penalty for Blank Submission: 1 hour per infraction

It is important that you submit a valid screenshot in the form before you move on. For those of you who take screenshots via camera rather via your computer, I HIGHLY recommend using IMGUR to upload your camera shot, then submit that link in the Google Form. I will NOT be accepting camera images AFTER you have submitted on Google.

Your time will not be stopped until you have completed the stop instructions which will be given to you in the Google Form.

NOTE: Only ONE member per each team does this checkpoint, the member who does not do this checkpoint will do the Puzzle checkpoint.
1759 days 6 hours ago
turney1805
THE RUN- SPEED AND TEAMWORK

As stated earlier, for each checkpoint you must complete a lap around the track as well as one for crossing the finish line. Which means in total you must complete 5 laps.

Each lap is 100 meters, and you and your partner will be running these laps tied together, like a 3 legged race. Each team will be given a group to do this, and here are the instructions which you must follow.

Step One: One team member is to make a thread, which will start your time. Your thread must be titled:

Armageddon Final: Team Name/Team Name Run

Replacing Team Name with the name or the username of each member of your team. After this is done, you may start step two.

Step Two: You and your partner must take turns posting the official phrase. To be clear, you will need to ALTERNATE posting during this post. The official phrase is:

RUNS METER _ ON THE COURSE

Where the “_” is replaced with the number of meter you are on. Since there are 5 laps, you must do 500 meters. During this portion, you and your partner will need to alternate posting, meaning one number posts one number and your partner posts another number. Once you have completed 500 meters, you may do step three.

Step Three: You and your partner must post the phrase: CROSSES FINISH LINE to stop your time. Please keep in mind that you are still to alternate posts.

Now if at any point you make a mistake, you may delete the post and fix the mistake. However, if I go through your thread and see any missing numbers or out of ordered numbers, your team will receive a 2 minute penalty per each error.

NOTE: You must do all the meters at once, do NOT pause during your run.
1757 days 8 hours ago
turney1805
FINAL CHALLENGE RESULTS

Well honestly, with what was a great and active season from the start, I have to say I am incredibly disappointed in some of you right now.

I worked hard to make this season happen, and put up with way more BS than normal. I would have hoped that some of you could have honored that and done YOUR part in the Final Mission. However, that wasn't the case at all.

I'm sorely disappointed that THIS is the way the game has to end, but at the end of the day, the seasons are what YOU make them, not what I make them, so this is on you and not me.

With that being said, only ONE team completed every single checkpoint, so this well earned win is theirs.

*BLOWS AIRHORN*
Congratulations Nick M and Jack, you are the winners of TT The Challenge 5: Armageddon! Your hardwork and determination has paid off! Well done gentlemen!

As for the rest of you, your performances or behaviors were abysmal.

2nd Place- Jake and Kamani. You completed all but two checkpoints, so by default you get 2nd place. Kamani, you QUIT in the Final Mission. I get that your partner is a lunatic, but I'm not a fan of quitting either. Jake, you will get only your half of the second place money. Kamani, you wanted out, so you go with nothing.

3rd Place- Steve and Ryan AND Tyler and Josh. None of you attempted any parts of the Final Mission. It was a lack of grit, fortitude, and determination. You all leave with NOTHING. I have nothing else to say to any of you.

Y'all can go home now. I'm tired and glad that this season is done.

open group

Turney Time The Challenge

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!