This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Season 12 Cast Assessment

Topic » Season 12 Cast Assessment

1216 days 19 hours ago
J2999
1216 days 19 hours ago
J2999
PRE-SEASON:
1216 days 18 hours ago
J2999
------------------------------------------------------
Adam D. / mradamman12

JAMES:
Ahh Adam is actually a really good player I think. I’ve been slayed by him a few times myself, like he isn’t afraid to be cutthroat when he needs, yet at the same time maintains a persona that people enjoy, so I really think Adam can make it deep into the season. He’s also decent at comps which will help him for sure!

RAUL:
I think Adam is a very well rounded player, I've never seen him dominate a season in its entirety, but I've seen him do decent enough to cause a significant impact in a season, I definitely think Adam is one to watch out for come the later stages of the game, my only question really is how we would handle the mid-game of the game where usually you need to guarantee your own safety either by winning comps or having allies win them, and I think that's his biggest obstacle.

Admir A. / Admir

JAMES:
I personally think of this entire cast Admir has the best social game. I’ve never played with him in a group game nor properly watched him, but seen him 2/2 for making the end in the ones he HAS played. And just from general experience of knowing him I think he’s easily someone people can be fond of. A potential risk for him is his close relationship with Brad, but I think he will go deep for sure.

RAUL:
Admir is definitely one of the people that I think has the better chance of winning this game, I genuinely do not see a universe where he goes out in the first half of the game, however, I can be wrong, and while I'm confident in his ability as a player I think a lot of things can go wrong for him, but I think if he plays his cards right he has one of the higher chances of making it to the end out of the entire cast.

Ben P. / benp428

JAMES:
Ben is easily one of the most competitive people in this cast. Ben is the kinda person who wouldn’t throw comps even if it made logical sense to, and I definitely feel I relate to him in that regard. This also however though screams ‘early juror’ potential, as a player like Ben sorta lacks socially, and he can’t rely on comps every week most likely. If he strengthens the social game he stands a decent chance I think.

RAUL:
I feel like people see Ben and they kind of assume he's not actually that big of a threat, mainly because you wouldn't associate him with a big group in a season or as the clear frontrunner socially or strategically, but I know he's fully capable as a player and I know he can make it far if given the opportunity, it's really just a matter of him avoiding getting sniped during the late prejury-early jury for me, but other than that I can see Ben making it pretty deep into the game, don't sleep on him.

Brad E. / Darbe

JAMES:
Brad is a pretty strong challenger from what I’ve seen previously, and in addition I think he has a good social game in the regard he can be good at convincing, along with being likeable which often helps him get his way. I think Brad’s risk is through either his tightness with Admir, or the fact he and Jake don’t get along, and with Jake being another strong competitor this could jeopardise Brad. If Brad gets Jake out though, I see Brad making it very far.

RAUL:
Brad's definitely a capable player, you can just tell by how he interacts with people and his experiences on tengaged as a whole, and I dont think he has a lot of things going against him except for his apparent rivalry with Jake, who is really probably also his biggest competition both physically and strategically, for me I see Brad either getting flung around the mid-section of the game, but it really depends how the game turns out for him.

Brian C. / cfff

JAMES:
Ok personally I LOVE playing with Brian because I think he’s such a loyal player. What I do know is that Brian’s risk he often finds is sometimes he doesn’t make social bonds as early as other players, which can be a risk for him, but I think he himself is very likeable, so if he focuses on the social element he can progress. He also has a known tight relationship with the likes of Eoin and Jake, which may benefit him as using them as a shield, but could also be a struggle.

RAUL:
I've seen Brian on tengaged for a while now, I know he probably has had the opportunity to interact with a majority of the cast before, and I think that's something that's really going to help him, I think Brian is a player that can have a lot of influence in the season, but it's just a matter of whether him or his allies win power consistently, because without it, I'm not entirely too confident in his ability to turn the game around when his back is against the wall.

Craig C. / Singsongers

JAMES:
Craig is quite a large personality from my perspective in games. He’s good at comps for sure, and typically also has a decent social game. Characters similar to Craig honestly often don’t do too well, but Craig is an exception as from what I’ve seen he normally does actually pretty decent. I don’t really know who he is too close with this game except Ryan, so it’ll be fun to watch him.

RAUL:
Craig's an interesting player for me because I know he can have his little character moments, I haven't actually seen his ability in-game so I can't really comment on that, and while I don't necessarily see him as the winner of the season straight up, I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow managed to make final 2, on the other hand, I also wouldn't be surprised seeing him getting early pre-jury, he's a very high variance player for me.
Eoin Q. / Eoin

JAMES:
Eoin. I think Eoin definitely is someone many people will want to work with, though there is risk for him this game due to people knowing his closeness with players like Brian and Jake, which may just glue him to them. But if either of Brian/Jake leave early, then I think Eoin has a broad playing field and can make things happen. Even if all three of them go deep, Eoin still stands a good chance I believe, as Eoin will never shut others out unless he has a direct reasoning for it.

RAUL:
I've played with Eoin and I know he is a strategically sound player, as well as pretty decent at comps when he needs to be, and I have no doubt in his ability to make it far into the game, I think Eoin's problem though is he usually is seen as a threat in the end game and I have seen him getting flung multiple times around it, and I wonder how he's going to overcome that challenge.
Hong V. / Hong

JAMES:
Hong is certainly the greatest wildcard for the season. He’s never played a group game before, and I’ve never even seen/played with him in a regular game. He seemed passionate about wanting to play which gives good vibes, so I feel he may try harder as a social player this season. But, as a newbie to the group game scene, he could easily be seen as an outcast which results in an early boot, or the opposite and he slides under the radar.

RAUL:
I don't know what to think of Hong, I don't think neither myself or James (or really, anyone on the cast) knew about him, and I think that can be a pretty good thing, or a very very terrible thing, I definitely see Hong going up at least once in the prejury, whether he stays or goes is entirely up to how he performs socially, because I'm not too sure on his competition ability, especially against this cast. Regardless, I'm really excited to see what he can bring to the season!

Jake B. / Lemjam6

JAMES:
I definitely feel the vast majority of people will come into this and view Jake as the biggest threat. Jake is Jake and overall is quite an all-rounder of a player. However, Jake does often get targeted by people, and honestly if people are smart here they would target Jake early just because of what he can do. He is close with Brian and Eoin in particular which helps, but also has some other relations. Jake is the kinda player who likely needs to be backdoored early, or just the rest of the houseguests hope they can take him down later on.

RAUL:
For me Jake is definitely the biggest threat to win on paper, obviously it's going to play out much more different than what I'm anticipating, but unless Jake has a really rough start I think Jake is probably the biggest threat coming into the mid-game, although I do think he has a chip on his shoulder with the existence of Brad, who also has social connections that could work against him.
Kat E. / hellocat

JAMES:
Kat is such a nice person, and she’s a strong player to play with too. She can hold her own well in comps, and then having a good social game definitely will benefit her. I know she feels like she has a decent relationship with some people who may not have her on the top of their totem pole, so it’s just whether she goes down the route of following them or making a move on them, that is the difference between her getting like 6th or standing a good chance to win.

RAUL:
I think Kat is a great player, she's just really not an enormous in-your-face kind of threat but really she's always there and you know she's there, and honestly I can definitely see her sneaking by, and I think her biggest problem is also the mid-game portion of the game where I can see her getting put up once there's less options.

Layla J. / LaylaLove

JAMES:
Layla is 100% one of the most underrated current group game players. I’ve seen her play and she is SO good. Strong at competitions, amazing socially, just something about her naturally attracts people to her. She’s also not a scared player, and will make the right moves at the right time for her own game. I would love to see her go deep in the game, and she definitely has the potential to do that.

RAUL:
I think Layla's great. She recently has been taking the group game community by storm and honestly I think that same thing is going to happen during this season, I think her biggest trouble would be whether she's targeted early on or not, it's a matter of how she manages her relationships with this cast, because of the way I see this, I think this cast puts the narrative in a way where Layla isn't going to be in the spotlight for a while, and she has that in her favor.

Matt N. / Matte

JAMES:
Matt is such a strong social player. He’s pretty decent in comps too, but yeah his social gameplay is his biggest strength for sure, and he is one of the stronger social players on the cast. He is good at pleasing people to ensure they feel a good sense of trust with him, but like he also plays a loyal game too. He’s loyal and very smart, his biggest risk is just whether he lets his loyalty make the wrong decision for him ultimately.

RAUL:
I like Matt! Having players that don't have english as their first language (or only language...) always gives it a different dynamic that I've enjoyed so far. Like, we've had a lot of brazilian/spanish speaking players in the past and they've always  done decent and were rootable, and I think Matt's going to be rootable too. I have high hopes for him with this cast because I think he can have the better social over some of the other outcasts that might be excluded of alliances, to the point where he might be able to get well integrated.

Nathan H. / nmh95

JAMES:
Nathan is probably in one of the best positions coming into the game. He is strong at comps, he has many relationships with people that can benefit him. Nathan is more likely to be the kinda person to win and not make the boldest moves, but that’s just because he doesn’t need to, as he’s able to then focus on them social relations with the other bigger threats, so that if they win they shoot at one another, not him.

RAUL:
Nathan can win comps, is likable, and has the strategic mind for the game, I'd be surprised if he doesn't make the jury with at least a couple of comp wins under his belt, I predict Nathan is going to have a direct influence in the game one way or another, I can't say I'm incredibly confident in his ability to win the game, but I don't think it's impossible either.

Pickles W. / jwbrine

JAMES:
I’ve not seen Pickles play before personally, but the name alone suggests great opportunity for a good personality. Pickles is another person I’d definitely deem as a wildcard, as yeah I’m not sure what he will offer, but I do hope he can pave his way through the game. Right now I’d maybe see him as an early juror just based on not knowing if he has any connections, but we love a surprise and I’d love to see him surprise us!

RAUL:
Pickles is weird for me, I played 1 game back in like 2016 with him and he was part of a pretty solid majority, and I really was never able to crack that majority, so I don't doubt his ability to play the social game, I just don't know if he has many room to wiggle with this cast, because I think out of everyone in the cast he's probably one of the most disconnected people in it, but I do think he can turn things around for himself, I just think it's going to be a very difficult and uphill battle.

Ryan V. / endIessryan

JAMES:
Ryan was the last addition to the cast, but I think he has decent potential. He is close with Craig, but I also feel that Craig can definitely serve as a shield for him, which long-term is perfect for him as that either secures a vote, or potentially another week of safety in the game. Bar knowing Craig I don’t really know a lot about Ryan, but based on his early game interactions seems like he’ll be mainly a social player.

RAUL:
Ryan came late, so he already has that going against him, but I think he's definitely going to be decent socially, while I cant speak of his competitive abilities, I unfortunately think he doesn't have that much of a chance with such a stacked cast, but I can definitely see him making it to at least jury, seeing how he has Craig as a connection he can use to his advantage, theres hope for him!.
1216 days 18 hours ago
J2999
Pre-Season WINNER PICKS:

JAMES:
Personally my winner prediction this season is Admir. I think Admir is a strong player in challenges, but also one of the best social players on the site let alone the game, due to things such as his likability. I think YES he’s going to be paired so early on with Brad, but — and I guess part of this IS just based on the only present ‘rivalry’ I’m really aware of is Brad and Jake — I feel that there’s a good chance if their duo DOES get targeted, it would be by someone like Brian/Jake and they may go for Brad over Admir. I don’t see Admir not making like the end game as it is, and at that point he can definitely bring himself to the end / has the social connections that will get himself to the end, and if he makes the end I think very good chance the jury will reward him with the win — partially also because I find him a very difficult person for a jury to want to be bitter against.

RAUL:
For me, I think it's Layla, she's just so good in every aspect of the game and I think I can trust her enough to play a winning game without being too big of an immediate and obvious threat where she would not get sniped out during the game. I think Layla is not immediately affeliated with anyone but has the social ability to keep herself safe no matter which side of the house with HOH, I honestly struggle to see Layla being a target early on or a nominee early on, I think Layla is going to need to win some comps in the endgame, just to be safe, but I think she should be to, because I know she's capable of that. I also this that if she makes it to the end she wins or gets a couple of votes guaranteed, I don't have much else to say! I think Layla has the biggest potential as the winner of the entire cast.
1216 days 18 hours ago
J2999
JURY ASSESSMENT:
1216 days 18 hours ago
J2999
Adam D. / mradamman12

JAMES:
Pre-jury Adam has definitely interested me. His position in the game is one where he has social connections with one side, but is still sort of viewed as a middle player overall, despite not putting in much effort with the other side. I’d like to see Adam become less under-the-radar, hopefully an early jury HOH could do the trick.

RAUL:
I think Adam is in a really precarious position, I definitely have noticed there's some people that would target him if given the chance, yet it's weird because he seems to be playing a very middle game at the same time, I think he's perfectly capable of making it to the top half, but same as what I said in the pre-season assesment I'm not entirely too sure what his plan to make it through the dangerous mid-game will be, one thing I can say though Adam has the fortune of being a player that can relatively freely pave his path through the game, and that's a huge plus for his game, well, if he plays his cards right.

Ben P. / benp428

JAMES:
Ben’s pre-jury trip was wild. He was targeted the two times he could be, being targeted both times which was definitely interesting. I think Ben’s HOH at the double helped solidify his place a bit, I still think he is looking at going out in the next few rounds, but he has been interesting to watch so far.

RAUL:
Ben has had probably one of the most eventful pre-jury appearances I have seen in the whole series, being only truly vulnerable 1 week and that week being nominated, but frankly what this has all left me to believe is that Ben is definitely a scrapper, he doesn't stay still and lets himself get flung, but I think he's also somebody easy to target, I see him going 2 ways: either being one of the first 2 jurors, or making it to around final 7ish, I find it hard for him to make it into the end-game without winning out.

Brad E. / Darbe

JAMES:
Wowwww Brad surprised me more than anyone. Following Brad’s pre-jury game was the most interesting personally. He proved himself physically, but also well-rounded socially. His target surviving week 2 could come back to bite him, but even then he is pretty well set up socially. I was concerned he possibly could have played too hard too fast, but he just continued to impress, although he did lose three close allies consecutively so I am interested to see how he adapts with less confident bonds.

RAUL:
Brad has performed just about how I expected him to. Strong socially and physically with a good mind for the game so far, however I definitely think he has had a really really bad luck in the prejury, having 3 close allies of him going out back to back in Admir Matt and Layla, I definitely think he is incredibly vulnerable in this early jury stage, and I definitely think he's going to have to win a fair share of comps if he wants to make it into the late game, but once there I'm sure he's got an easy path to the end from there, it's just a matter of not getting flung before it, because I know for a fact he's getting targeted if the wrong person wins HOH.

Craig C. / Singsongers

JAMES:
In some ways Craig has played a different game to his usual. He definitely focuses on social bonds more here than he previously has, but sometimes I’ve noticed a few ‘risky’ things he’s said that could weaken him. I think his relationship with Ryan will be targeted early during the jury stage, but I think he has stronger bonds to the point he very well could survive.

RAUL:
I think Craig has played a decently good game for the hand he was dealt with, however I do think he found himself relatively lucky with how the game has gone down so far, and I don't know if his luck is going to be able to save him at all stages of the game, personally I think Craig is a little in trouble during these first couple of weeks of jury, and I actually think he's going to be one of the first 3 jurors, however, I do think he's very high variance and might turn this around. Although I don't think his future in the game looks really good, I do think he could prove me wrong.

Eoin Q. / Eoin

JAMES:
Eoin’s proved strong so far, he has adapted well socially, won some competitions too. I think he is very close with Jake, as what was partially anticipated pre-season, and I still hope he eventually drifts away from that, whether by choice or force, but I do respect that currently Jake is a huge shield for him, and behind Jake he does have strong social connections, just hopefully he won’t live behind Jake the entire season.

RAUL:
For me Eoin has one of the most unpredictable games ahead of himself, and the thing about it is that I think it's enirely up to him on how his game goes, I think he's set for at least around final 7, I'm not saying he won't be targeted but I don't see him ending up on the block at the end of the week and leaving anywhere near this early phase of the jury, I think Eoin simply has to rely on his gameplay, and depending on the quality of gameplay I think he gets flung in the late game... or wins.

Hong V. / Hong

JAMES:
Despite almost losing Hong early, he has been interesting, definitely proven to be the wildcard we thought he would. Although he hasn’t won anything, he has been on the radar of a few of the other side, but I know he has been playing particularly socially to help further his game. I think if he came to power he wouldn’t be afraid to make a move, and he’s not the TOP of the target list on his side, so his position is decent.

RAUL:
Hong has been a pleasant surprise so far, I just think he's not exactly 100% in the game as opposed to other players, and I don't think he's going to be winning an enormous amount of comps, not only that, but he too has had a rough couple of weeks during the pre-jury, unfortunately I think Hong is looking like a mid-jury boot for me, however, I do think he can do some damage, (at least socially speaking) for the remainder of his time in the house, I wouldn't underestimate him entirely!

Jake B. / Lemjam6

JAMES:
Jake really could’ve been 15th, but excluding that has played a strong game thus far. He has thrown some competitions which benefited him, yet also has a win to his name where he took power and used it the way HE wanted to, which was very respectable. I think everyone still sees Jake as the huge threat, so Jake definitely needs his allies to win, or himself to win, as I think if he’s a final nominee again, at least any time soon, it will be much tougher for his survival.

RAUL:
Jake is not untouchable, I think we can see that, if the wrong person wins HOH or if he doesn't have a trick up his sleeve like he did during week 2, he can very well go home. But I think so far Jake has and will continue to play a dominant game, being able to win competitions for himself and his alliances, being able to gather a majority alliance to control a majority of the game so far with the exception of the first 2 weeks. I think if given the chance Jake will just march on to the end and win in a dominant fashion, I just don't know if this cast is the type of cast to allow such an obvious threat to make it to final 2, that's up to Jake to overcome though.

Kat E. / hellocat

JAMES:
Kat’s played one of the more under-the-radar pre-jury games. She is kinda ‘good’ with enough people, particularly the side consisting of the likes of Adam, Craig, Eoin, Jake and Ryan. I would like to see Kat get into some power because then she can prove if she’d do what SHE wants or what her ALLIANCE wants. I think she also poses the risk of being targeted as a ‘safe target’ at the moment, though may just turn into a pawn star.

RAUL:
I think so far Kat has been hiding in the shadows for a bit, she's definitely not been the target of anyone and I don't see her being exactly a target for nomination or eviction anytime soon, which is why I think she can possibly slide by into the final 7 or 6(ish) at the very least, I just don't know where she'd go from there, I do think she'll end up as a final nom at least one more time, and I find it hard for her to win a jury vote with what she has displayed so far, BUT, I don't think it's impossible either, she definitely has potential.

Nathan H. / nmh95

JAMES:
Nathan’s proven to be strong physically thus far, winning an HOH as well as three POV competitions, and then a Sunset Island comp to round it off. He is also in well socially with MANY people, including the perceived ‘leaders’ of either side, Brad and Jake. The few people he has came into a wall with, such as Ben, he has been able to adjust himself to secure temporary deals, meaning that the amount of people targeting Nathan is limited. I still see Nathan going far.

RAUL:
Nathan has proved to be one of the strongest players in the cast in all aspects so far, but I think, along with a lot of other people on the cast, that his future in the game is entirely up to him and whether he can position himself correctly during the mid-game, I don't doubt he will win  competitions every now and then, so I think he can easily make it into the end game, but he IS a big threat, and I do think eventually he's going to be targeted, it's up to him to avoid that target for as long as possible really, if he does, he does have a chance to win, I think.

Pickles W. / jwbrine

JAMES:
Pickles didn’t fail to amuse me at any point during the pre-jury. Definitely towards the bottom of the totem pole of his alliance realistically, but he was always a thrill to witness. I was actually hoping he would win the HOH at the double just to see how he responded when in power, but that didn’t happen. Similar to Kat for the other side, the way he is most in jeopardy is as the ‘safe move’, so could either go out soon, but I hope we get to see more of him during the jury.

RAUL:
Pickles has been kind of funny so far, I was actually expecting him to be completely outcasted by this cast, seeing how he doesn't really have ANY connections in the cast as far as I'm aware, but so far he has proven himself socially competent, I just don't think he has this type of cutthroat gameplay that might be needed at some point of the game to make it into the end-game, but I also don't think he will be immediately nominated and evicted, I think he might be able to make it to the halfway point at the very least, after that really it's just a matter of who wins what and when.

Ryan V. / endIessryan

JAMES:
Ryan definitely was a pleasant surprise during pre-jury. Coming in late he actually fit in well. Winning that Endurance HOH definitely helped, even though he was then in jeopardy during the double eviction, which honestly may have led to his eviction had he not been vetoed. I think his biggest risk will be if him and Craig get targeted early during jury for being a pair, as so far it SEEMS Craig has stronger social connections that could save him, but that’s still not a guarantee.

RAUL:
I think Ryan's in trouble during this jury phase, I think his HOH reign didn't go as smoothly as it could have, not to mention his already relatively big target for being a duo with Craig, and I'm not too certain on their competitive ability to save themselves whenever they're targeted, even though Ryan isn't exactly the biggest threat in the game for everyone, I can definitely and unfortunately see him being one of the first 3 jurors.
1216 days 18 hours ago
J2999
Jury WINNER PICKS:

JAMES:
Ok well hopefully this one won’t be jinxed like clearly my one with Admir was. I think Brad and Nathan stand two strong chances, but I’m going to go with BRAD as my new winner prediction. Brad definitely exceeded my expectations of him pre-jury, I think he’s gamed really well socially, and proven himself physically, and I think he has adapted well strategically, such as when losing close allies like Admir. Despite being a prime target for someone like Jake, I think Brad does have quite good social connections that may increase his odds of survival, with his own side, but also such as side deals with Craig and Ryan. I do feel Brad will honestly either get 11th/10th or make the end-game, and if he does I think he has a very good chance of going all the way and winning the season.

RAUL:
Well, after both James and I terribly flopped with our pre-season predictions, I think it's time we look at different angles. And my new winner prediction is going to be Eoin. I think on paper Jake is probably the one to beat, but I think what holds Jake back for me is the fact he's the obvious person to beat, otherwise I would have put Jake as my winner pick, he's a close second behind Eoin, who I think will be able to avigate this jury portion of the game incredibly smoothly, he's proven to be competent in comps and I think he'll be able to hold enough social and strategic capital to not only position himself nicely in the endgame but also to make it to the end and win, I do think Eoin's biggest risk is going to be whether his allies target him and Jake or not, because if somehow they get nominated together, and should Jake avoid the target, I do think Eoin leaves.

open group

JR Big Brother - Side House

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!