This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

S8: Finale

Topic » S8: Finale

1567 days 13 hours ago
J2999
Starting here with jury questioning.

The jury: Melinda, Rose, Billy, Raul, Harry, Jimmy, Nathan, Joey, Ivy.

Finalists: John and Matt.

Both finalists can post a speech here, and all jurors can ask questions.

Please cast your vote for a winner by 7pm EST Saturday 14th December.

Finale will MOST LIKELY be at 7, possibly 7:30.
1567 days 13 hours ago
mbarnish1
Even though I was a flop and don’t think I won a single competition lmao, my social game was on point. I made many moves to get me here and I understand it did upset a couple jury members. I’m not gonna be one of those finalists and not credit John for anything. I’ll be the first to say that John has played an absolute amazing game and he would definitely deserve the win. Vote for whoever you’d like, I stuck with one final 3 alliance this game and all three of us made it to the end.
1567 days 13 hours ago
nathorix
Im here to just say;

I had already made my mind up to who I was voting once the final 2 got revealed. With that said, you two cant do anything to change my mind, so answer me this anyway.

Rank the jury and tell me why you placed them there.
1567 days 12 hours ago
BadGirlsClubfan
will there be awards and stuff tomorrow? those r always so funny to me
1567 days 12 hours ago
BadGirlsClubfan
omg Nathan ur question is actually really good
1567 days 12 hours ago
Jxhn
Hi Jury - I'd like to first apologize for being so tubby.

Coming into this season, many of us were really disgruntled by the blackout twist. I think being able to play with a little bit of secrecy is something that you can work to your advantage, so I tried my best to be optimistic.

During the half of the game, I tried to give myself what would be a good foundation for the back half where the cuts are usually a lot deeper. I found myself making bonds with what ended up being the two warring factions later on: Ashley and Joey vs. Harry and Nathan. In doing this, it was an openly two-sided game but with votes not being revealed, there was a strong opportunity to lay low and play the middle ground. Once Nathan nominated Ashley and Joey, I knew that there would be clearer warring factions. The following round was the double evictions, where despite me and Jimmy having beef from a previous game, my friendship with Joey proved to come in handy. Jimmy was publically asking me to give reasons why I shouldn't go on the block and how dare I not come to him begging for safety. I maintained composure and ultimately, Jimmy gave Joey the decision on who to save. Had I demonstrated potential earlier on to Jimmy that I would be a threat to him, the decision may have been much clearer to him. In laying low in the first half and having the right relationships, I was able to dodge my first bullet of the game.

Entering the jury phase, we had the public eviction. Everyone who asked me I told who I was voting. Joey played that smartly and voted in the minority to have minimal competition in the following HOH. That week Melinda went which gave me a higher percentage of people left in the game that I was working with.

With Joey as HOH the following week, I didn't want to make waves and reveal my full hand. While I did start speaking to Rose strategically before this, Nathan did show that he was more able to win competitions so I leaned into saving Nathan and was able to gain much more of an ally in him.

The following week I finally won HOH. It was all about keeping the people I knew and trusted more in the inner circle. I nominated Jimmy who was openly against me and almost nominated me weeks prior, and Raul who won competitions early in the game but was not on my side yet. Joey vetoed Jimmy; which showed me that despite me being HOH, Joey and Jimmy's relationship was closer than ours. I never showed remorse from not nominating Joey because that was another potential ally I had, but it was a great opportunity to put those two on more of a pedestal than they already were. My replacement nominee was Billy, who was active but didn't yet strategize with me. I knew it was possible that he was in with Harry and Nathan. Getting rid of Billy lessened some numbers on what I saw as the majority, but didn't make any earth shattering waves in my game.

During my HOH, I also took the opportunity to make some deals. Ivy came to me to chat after winning but in promising her safety, I was able to confirm a lot of what I knew to be true. Me, her, Matt, and Raul were in the middle of two groups - both of which contained allies of mine. Even though if people asked, I openly said I wasn't going to nominate Joey - I was still able to hide that a little by being openly against Jimmy. The Middle Man alliance of me, Ivy, and Matt was born after I nominated Raul. It gave me many potential directions to go, but the following week I definitely had to make some choices.

Joey's next HOH - I was asked to vote for Harry. Not something I could do for my game especially over Raul but I knew the votes would be there with the Middle Man alliance to save him. Ivy and Matt both confirmed that Joey was asking them the same thing I was being asked.  When the plan didn't go Joey's way, I rightfully was accused of flipping but I was one of few to be forthcoming about it after the fact despite the Blackout twist.

With Jimmy winning the next HOH, I knew I was going on the block but luckily the work I'd been doing to end up in an unassuming position paid off. The Middle Man alliance not only was there to help over Harry, but in building trust with Nathan, he also chose to save me over one of his closest allies. This vote proved that I could save myself from a hopeless situation without having to win a competition.

Nathan won the following HOH - nominated Jimmy and Joey. Even with Joey winning the veto, I trusted Nathan. Not only did one of my biggest adversaries go home, but I was also given a peek into where the rest of the Middlemen stood. In Ivy not being Nathan's replacement nominee, I knew that she was more likely to have similar allies to me than Matt was.

Joey's 3rd HOH. Ivy had evicted Jimmy previously so she sat on the block despite me crossing Joey in a previous eviction. I can't speak for Joey's reasoning or intentions, but in owning up to my votes earlier, earning back some trust there helped me seem worth keeping despite no one else but me and Nathan having won a competition. At the final 5, I had to make a tough cut and evict Nathan - I knew that he was a strong competitor besides Joey and had a few friends on the jury. Even though he showed me loyalty, I had to make a decision for myself and evict him. Nathan was being told by others he was safe - this proved not to be true. While I did vote out an ally of mine, I stayed honest about my intentions with Nathan before the eviction. He had ample time to campaign but was still being wrongfully told that he was safe.

To sit before you tonight, I won the last two HOHs and Veto competition. At the final 4, I was friendly with everyone left but set the stage for the biggest competitor to go home. Joey openly targeted Ivy before so I knew Ivy getting to make the decision would be the most surefire result. Tonight in the Final 3, I chose to sit next to Matt over Ivy. I indicated a few times where she proved to be socially savvy. In her escaping being nominated so many times, I knew she would have a strong case at the end of the game.

In summary, thanks all for a great game. I gave you as many specifics and I could but let me know with your questions if you need any clarification. I played hard and know that I deserve your vote to win.

Thanks x tubby out
1567 days 12 hours ago
BadGirlsClubfan
this is the best campaign ever for me to win the game! thanks John
1567 days 12 hours ago
Jxhn
@Nathan
Rank the jury and tell me why you placed them there.
1. Joey - I think Joey did the most to actively shape the game. We always knew where Joey stood and Joey had influence both in and out of power. Had the last veto not been maths based, maybe a different result here tonight.
2. Nathan - was the first person to actively go against Ashley Joey and co. I felt like me and Nathan made a genuine relationship first and then allies secondary; Makes it tough to want to vote someone out. had a strong alliance that was what I saw as the majority.
3. Ivy - wasn't ever in power but it does definitely say something to avoid the block for as long as she did, she also had a very strong grasp on what was happening all game
4. Harry - did very well at surviving some situations where he was the obvious target, probably could've leaned in more to Nathan the week we are on the block together.
5. Jimmy - personal feelings aside, I do appreciate how direct Jimmy is with where he's at and feeling about the game. I think being so outwardly strong was helpful but ultimately what did him in
6. Raul - didn't make too many waves and was delicately in the middle, came to power in week one, maybe could've done more if he won again at some point
7. Billy - compared to Harry and Nathan, Billy I don't think influenced as much nor made enough friendships to keep him beyond the first time he was on the block.
8. Rose - I put Rose below Billy because she went from HOH to out the next week. Something different happens during Rose's HOH and maybe her fate improves.
9. Melinda - from my point of view, the people who saved Melinda did so to try to get to compete for HOH the following week. other than that, i didn't see much of a fight to stay
1567 days 12 hours ago
melindaMrskk
John you put so much effort into this speech but never put any effort into talking to me. I think I've made up my mind.
1567 days 12 hours ago
BadGirlsClubfan
these two obituaries you finalists wrote as your speeches are hilariously awkward
1567 days 11 hours ago
BadGirlsClubfan
okay well as sad as this funeral of mine is right now I have a question

to both of you: insight is everything in this game its perception's older hotter brother. name your biggest mistake you made in the game and what you did to correct it to advance forward afterwards

ps I guarantee you both as well as everyone made mistakes
1567 days 11 hours ago
Jxhn
@ivy

My biggest mistake this game was not working harder on my social game earlier on. Before the jury stage of the game, I had a much narrower group of allies and many of them weren't working together as I mentioned during my speech. Had I spoken more to Jimmy earlier, he probably wouldn't have had to publicly question why he shouldn't nominate me. It also made me distant from people like Melinda and Raul. I was able to correct this and turn it to my advantage during the second half of the game. The double eviction where I narrowly escaped going on the block was a wake up call. I was able to use my HOH to nominate specifically people I wasn't as close to regardless of what alliance they were in. Other than Jimmy, I had a relationship with every person in the Top 7 which shows that I worked much harder on it since then.
1567 days 11 hours ago
Jxhn
@Melinda

i understand where youre coming from, i kinda addressed it during my response to ivy where that was definitely a shortcoming but after you were voted out, i feel like i made up for it. when i see someone more active in the house chat, my mind does see that as interacting but i could have made more of a 1-on-1 effort for you specifically. i hope you can at least see other parts of my game worth considering
1567 days 5 hours ago
TheRoseHorse
I hsve an idea of who I want to vote,but am not sure yet. Since I have to work all day tomorrow, I have to makeup my mind by tomorrow morning. Here are my questions.

John: We didn't talk much. In fact, we only talked 3 times. 1) when the game started. 2) When I won HOH 3) When I asked you where your vote was gonna go the week I was evicted.

Matt: We didn't talk much at all. I know absolutely nothing about your gameplay because I only talked to you once. When the game started. I tried talking you you when I was nominated, but got no response. Why did you make no effort (granted I didn't make much effort either) to talk to me? Everything that has been said this season between us is a conversation that I initiated.

Both: I have a few questions for both of you to answer.
A) What was your biggest game move?
B) Why do you deserve to win over your opponent?
C) What is one thing you would change about your game?

Good luck and marry the best player win. I'll probably be at the finale, but will be late.
1567 days 5 hours ago
TheRoseHorse
*may the best player win.
XD
1566 days 18 hours ago
Jxhn
@rose

A.) i think my first HOH set me up for the most success later on. I was able to nominate people that I was going to be blameless for and it allowed me to stay in the middle ground position I was in. The following week even though I was asked to evict Harry, I was able to still justify voting for Raul since I nominated him previously. Right after the eviction, I was accused of flipping but I didn’t deny it. I got nominated the following week but had I not had justifiable reason or was sitting next to someone other than Harry, I could have easily got flipped on or retaliated against. I think that HOH set me up for the most success in later rounds where I was able to make smaller more calculated plays for my own game.
B.) I think Matt and I had similar shortcomings in our game - the main difference is that I realized them sooner and took more proactive action in the second half of the game to make up for it. Had I played harder sooner I don’t think I would’ve survived the block when I did. I successfully made myself less of a threat, won when I needed and took the game into my own hands.
C.) Playing a more social game earlier on. I started to with you but had I budgeted my time more wisely during the holidays, I think there would be less of a gray area around my social game

open group

JR Big Brother S16 - Ghost Island

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!