This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

S4: Jury Questioning

Topic » S4: Jury Questioning

1855 days ago
J2999
Andrew and Newz, congrats on Final 2.

You will now both have a chance to post a speech to the jury.

They will then be free to ask any questions they may have.

The finale will occur tomorrow at 7pm est, so jurors must vote by then.

Best of luck to you both!
1855 days ago
iiGalaxyii
I’m ready! :)
1855 days ago
OldNewz
Hey :) I have people over at my house so I won't be able to post my speech until later tonight. Apologies for that but I can answer any questions in the meantime
1854 days 23 hours ago
GrrrImABear
Okay, I'll kick things off by stating that I'm not bitter for anything - the two that got here were the two that got here and clearly did something right. SO some questions.

Andrew - You found yourself on the block week after week in this competition, frequently being the person that people would be evicted against, and then in the final HoH, didn't show up to part three, losing by default. Did you not care about this game, or was your lack of competition wins and frequent nominations intentional on your part?

Newz - I think that everyone on the jury may have this perception of you that you were willing to be our friends if there was a chance that you could go up or go home, but when you were safe, especially later on, you decided to try and make moves against the "bigger players" - were you too scared to go up against the stronger players, were you too lazy to take the time to fight against us, or was there more strategy involved?

Love you both and will be voting based on y'alls performance tonight. Best of luck!
1854 days 23 hours ago
iiGalaxyii
In all honestly, I cared about this game, but not as much as I should've. If you looked back at the previous competitions Patrick, you would see that I was competing in a lot of them. I showed up to competitions and even won a handful of them! (I think three.) My social game wasn't the best, as you can all tell. I've had to worry a lot about school within the past couple of weeks. This is why I talked to a lot of you either in the morning or really late afternoon. These were the only times I was free. HOWEVER, I did form genuine connections and bonds with a lot of people in this game.

I can even argue that my social game was alright. Newz chose to bring me here over BB/Purple, even though a lot of people thought that I was a bigger threat to win over BB. Everyone knows Newz' reputation and stigma of getting rid of the best players YET I am here!

Thank you for the question king, love you!
1854 days 23 hours ago
OldNewz
@Patrick

Hey man! So this is a tough question but, I'll give it my best shot :)

Throughout the game, I had multiple alliances and some really close bonds as I think more than comps themselves, social connections can do wonders for you in this game. While this may be seen as a messed-up skill to have, playing multiple sides to protect myself is something I do really well.

But, my downfall is always my emotions which is why until the double eviction, I really did not want to break any deep friendships I made with people like Sagar, Josh, Patrick, or Chili. But, once my true F2 throughout the game, Chili, informed me that I would have been voted out (at the double eviction) if he could convince one person to flip (and vote me out with her double vote in 3-2), I was extremely hurt and my whole game changed. I went into a completely cutthroat state of mind and I did not care who I had to take down.

So to summarize, I pretty much was trying hard to not ruin friendships but after the double eviction, I quickly cut all emotions and was willing to do whatever it took to win the game. I continued to strategize to set myself up to be the last threat in the game by first taking out Patrick, then Chili, and then Josh at F4/F3. After that, I felt fairly good against either Andrew or BB come F2.

Thanks for the question! If you want me to answer any other questions, fire away :D Haha
1854 days 22 hours ago
sergeant
First off, I have to agree with Patrick. You both played games that got you to the final 2, very different games. But congratulations are in order.

I feel like I know where my vote is going, but that could change depending on how this goes.

I'd like you both to expand on a couple things you said in your answers to Patrick.

Andrew - You credit Newz bringing you to the end to your social game. But to me it almost seems like he brought you maybe because he knew he might be able to beat you for seemingly being inactive and distant from the game. What steps did you take, if it was your social game, to convince Newz to take you.

Newz - In your answer you take credit fot taking out Patrick, Chili, and Myself. But during those weeks you weren't HoH and weren't really heading the charge against those players. Can you expand on what you meant by taking out. Besides casting you vote to evict.
1854 days 22 hours ago
OldNewz
@Josh

Hey King Josh <3 Great question and I'm happy to elaborate.

First of all, you are absolutely right in assuming I brought Andrew to F2 cause I think I can beat him and for him being distant in the game. Andrew did try a pressure tactic at f4 when evicting you and he told me he'd be very upset if I didn't take him to F2 cause he saved me. But, that really had no impact on my decision. It was pretty much deciding who burnt more bridges between BB and Andrew as both really seemed invisible/distant in the game.

Now, for your question! :D
For taking out Patrick and Chili, I think my veto wins were absolutely crucial for them to go home. You gotta remember that both of them were considered comp beasts so me winning veto was BIG. Second of all, not using the veto was also huge because it ensured them staying on the block and for actually pushing the charge against them, it was pretty obvious that they should go against Andrew so there was no major convincing needed.

For your vote off at F4, I really set up that week perfectly for my own safety and I stacked the odds that you'd go home.

How did I do this? At the HOH competition, we were forced to fill opponent's "buckets" with water and whoever had the least amount of water won HOH. When it was clear that I wasn't winning HOH, I found an amazing opportunity to make my move: forcing BB to win HOH. I kept adding water to Andrew's bucket which caused BB to have the least amount of water and therefore, he won HOH. By forcing BB to be HOH, he is no longer able to vote so the individuals voting that round would be me, you, and Andrew. Even if you win POV, I felt confident that you would keep me over Andrew due to our bond and that if Andrew or I won POV, you would have gone home. By eliminating the wildcard in BB, I pretty much made your odds of staying low, while my chances of staying extremely high.
1854 days 21 hours ago
iiGalaxyii
Andrew - You credit Newz bringing you to the end to your social game. But to me it almost seems like he brought you maybe because he knew he might be able to beat you for seemingly being inactive and distant from the game. What steps did you take, if it was your social game, to convince Newz to take you.

Newz and I formed a Final 2 during the last few weeks of this game. I talked to him a lot more than I talked to a lot of people. I don't think Newz believed that I was the easiest beat in this game when there were a lot of people who were completely HATED by the Jury. Even though, a lot of people strongly believed that I was distant from this game, I know that I was straight forward with mostly everyone on the jury. This is something that a lot of people respected from me. I didn't leave a bitter taste on anyone's tongue besides my girl Sagar. Everyone who went out of this game, I was on good terms with. So, I strongly believe that I wasn't the easiest to beat. Personally, I strongly believe that Newz would've had an easier shot to beat BB, because a lot of people have approached me over the course of this game and have told me that he isn't the most active or competitive person here.

To be honest, I threatened Newz as soon as I evicted you Josh from the game. I told him that if he didn't take me to the Final 2 like he said he would, I wouldn't vote for him to win this game. I feel like this scared him a bit to want to take me more, and just say that he was loyal to someone this entire game. Our friendship also solidified our Final 2.

I don't believe getting here without winning the Final HOH is easy. BUT I DID WHAT I DID AND I'M HERE!

Thank you!
1854 days 21 hours ago
iiGalaxyii
For the majority of this game, I was not a target or even a pawn. I kept good relationships with everyone. It was only during the mid jury phase after the double eviction, where I started to be pawned a lot. Even during the double eviction, I managed to stay off the block and the majority of the people in the game wanted me to stay.

Being a pawn for the two weeks after the double, helped my game more than it hurt my game. People thought I was weak and someone that they would work with. I wasn't considered a threat to anyone and it helped me decide the best decisions to make to get myself here. BECAUSE TO BE HONEST, a lot of people wanted to work with me during those two weeks. I HAD OPTIONS which is always great in this game.

I understand that a lot of you would want to reward Newz for his gameplay but I feel like the game I played should also be rewarded. I managed to not hurt that many people and still make major moves in this game.
1854 days 21 hours ago
sergeant
Thank you both for your answers. I'm not sure if I have more questions yet but if I do I'll ask them.

Good luck to both of you
1854 days 20 hours ago
OldNewz
Holy cow!

After 23 real life days, I honestly can’t believe I’m sitting here. Not only because this game was long and emotionally exhausting but, because I never play Big Brother group games. Nowadays I pretty much host all the time so even playing a group game is rare for me. I’m hoping after tonight, I’ll make a good enough case to earn your vote. Let’s get started…

On paper this cast was stacked and seemed like it was going to be HECTIC. Pre-jury was anything but that. Nothing major was going on and I was pretty much on the same team every round. I was still putting in the work socially and making alliances left and right with not only my teammates but with many others on opposite teams. The only noticeable round for me was the double HOH where Koolness won HOH and nommed me however, my social connections came to fruition and saved me. How so? I made a pitch to Sagar that he should win POV so he could save me and so that he couldn’t get re-nommed. Sagar agreed and come challenge time, everything worked perfectly and Chili, the person I considered my duo, came in clutch and pretty much gave us his answers. Sagar won POV and I was saved. It did suck seeing a close ally in Haylee go that round but, I had to do what was best for my game.

Besides that, nothing major happened and I was laying low for the most part. I did throw shade to Koolness in public for putting me up but, that was just to make myself more vocal in the game and for others to see I do not like being backstabbed even though I really didn’t care being nommed. I also was putting in the work by talking to others outside of the team to make it seem like I wasn’t that close with the team so I could free myself socially and be open for new allies. 

By the time jury rolled around, I was playing multiple sides and many people trusted me and saw me as their #1 or #2 ally. At the very least I had a working relationship with everyone. Everything was going smooth and each round I felt safe but, you could feel power players emerge and major sides started to form. Once Sagar went home, I was told by Chili that I would have been evicted 3-2 if Chili could find someone to flip and by using his double vote. He wanted me to know as a friend. Needless to say, I was extremely hurt. We had a discussion and it became clear that it wasn’t just a random thought but an idea that was seriously considered and would have happened if someone flipped. At that point, any loyalty I had for anyone went out the door and I started to plan things out. Still, it was emotionally difficult to even not use veto on Patrick or Chili but, I had to do it as it was part of the plan to take out Patrick at F6, Chili at F5, and then Josh at F4/F3. Even planning the demise of Josh was tough cause he was such a good friend throughout the game. Come F3, I knew I had to win the final HOH as both BB and Andrew would have cut me cause they saw me as the biggest threat left in the game. Hell, waiting until 6:10pm EST today for Andrew to show up felt like an eternity. I was extatic when he didn’t show up LMAO

Overall, my social game and strategic game really carried me throughout the game as no one ever targeted me and people wanted to keep in the game as they saw me as a close ally. Also, having 0 votes against me is pretty sick. When it comes to comps, this game made me realize I’ve lost my touch at them but gotta say, I am very proud of myself for winning two crucial POV’s against such competition beasts in Patrick and Lalisa. It was definitely a highlight of my game haha

Before I close this speech, I would like to apologize to anyone I hurt this season. This season was an emotional mess for me due to some of the friendships I lost along the way and I hope after the season, we can talk it out and make some progress to repairing our friendship.

Finally, I want to thank James and Raul for hosting this amazing season. I know the F3 did not go the way you wanted (I mean 1 person aka me showing up for part 1 and then Andrew not showing up part 3 is really brutal) but, I hope y’all enjoyed the season.

Thank you everyone for the wild ride and for the memories! I’m ready for your questions! :)
1854 days 19 hours ago
Daulton7996
Hello! First off, congrats on making Final Two. My first question to both of you is why didn’t you at least tell me you were voting me out seeing as how I really trusted you both.

And for an individual question: Tell me why your opponent shouldn’t win.
1854 days 10 hours ago
OldNewz
@Daulton

For your first part of the question, the answer is really just me fucking up and forgetting. Around that time my week was hell as I had many group projects going on at the same time so juggling school work and this game was tough. I know this may not be the answer you wanted to hear or were expecting but, that's the honest truth. :( I'm sorry man

For your second question, I just feel like Andrew showed a lack of care in this game and while he can say he had good social connections, the truth is he kept getting nommed cause it was pretty much a case of "Uh well I can't nominate my allies so gotta nom Andrew". One thing Andrew did better than me is securing himself a f2 spot but, this is also a negative because this was due to everyone thinking they'd have a good chance against him. Also, I know I have said this multiple times and I apologize if you've read my other posts (I know some people don't) but legit not showing up for part 1 or part 3 of final HOH nor saying you can't make it is kinda ridiculous.

Thanks for the question Daulton and I hope you're still slaying it at Walmart king! <3
1854 days 7 hours ago
Lalisa
Congratulations on making it to the final 2 of JRBB both of you, how very prestigious! I’m not quite sure how to vote tonight, so let me start my questioning and generally subjective statements. I’ll keep it anonymous for the sake of it, but I’m sure you will be able to pick apart who’s who from the following.

One of you played what just seems to be a completely lackluster game where you didn’t even show up to 90% of the challenges and were nominated every round due to having zero social game.

The other finalist is a former friend that I personally carried through 3/4 of the game and betrayed me due to being a sensitive, emotional player - over an idea I had in my head that I chose to not implement but was honest about, something this person failed to be with me for the entirety of the game and just so happened to only start winning challenges near the end of the game basically by default due to the lack of true competitors remaining.

It’s going to be difficult to award my vote to whoever I think played the better game, because in my mind you are both on even ground. Both of you played games that were flawed and involved being carried by the rest of the cast for a solid 80% of the season and that can’t be denied.

This leads me to my corny and overdone, yet effective question for you guys.

I want to know from both of you, which BIG move ultimately propelled you to the end and in itself embodies the game you played and should be what awards you the title of JRBB Season 4’s winner?  Whether it was winning a crucial HOH, making a deal or alliance with someone, campaigning for someone’s eviction or smaller moves that ultimately added up to push you across the line!
1854 days 6 hours ago
obscurity
Hello and congrats for making it to final two

Newz - Honestly you played a really good game and I predicted from even before jury that it would be either you or BB winning this game. BUT my vote for you is not guaranteed because I'm BiTtEr at you by proxy for pretty much disposing of chili at F5 when you had the power to save him. Obviously I was not in the game at that point but I would just like you to walk me through that round and whether you think chili had to be evicted then for you to be in finals now

Andrew - no

open group

JR Big Brother S16 - Ghost Island

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!