This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

S16: Finale

Topic » S16: Finale

957 days 11 hours ago
J2999
Starting here with jury questioning.

The jury: Josh, Christian, Gabriel, Rachael, Adam, Joey, Anthony, Xakim and Logan.

Finalists: Birks and Megan.

Both finalists can post a speech here, and all jurors can ask questions.

Please cast your vote for a winner by 6pm EST Friday.

Finale will commence at 6pm, including winner reveal, awards, questions, rankings, voting chart reveal etc.
957 days 7 hours ago
jojo7784
My vote should be one of the most obvious so I won’t even pretend like it’s up for debate
957 days 7 hours ago
Birks4444
Well hello former JRBB players, it feels great to finally all be in the same room again and I’m super excited to be in the Final 2 seats again. I don’t want to go on too much about my game because I feel like I would rather directly answer the questions you guys may or may not have for me to help you make a decision, but ill give some generic insight about my game.

So I came into the game with a pretty big target on my back. I was the last person to be revealed, having played 3 times (being the only other 3-time player along with Josh) and having made 2 final 2s (the only other winner besides Tris and being a vote away from being a 2 time winner). Combined with this, I’ve recently established a bit of a reputation for being very hated in games due to some shadiness of my own, along with being generally unlikeable in games. So I was very shocked that my threat level wasn’t as large as it was coming into the game through the course of the season, and I feel like I did a great job at completely diminishing it during the prejury portion of this game.

Coming into the game, I established Final 2s with Joey & Megan (who have I have known for a couple years now). I also wanted to repay Christian for doing him dirty the last time we played, while also wanting to work with others like Rachael, Josh & Anthony. So Day 1, I got approached to be a part of an alliance called “The 5” consisting of Christian, Anthony, Joey, Eoin and myself and I was really excited about this because it was a perfect group of shields to surround myself with. This, combined with my work schedule ensured that I would be almost completely under the radar prejury (which was awesome because that was my plan anyways and I always throw competitions until the Final 9/8 mark). During this time, I also solidified a 3 person alliance consisting of myself, Josh and Rachael. I also reached out to Tris and formed a winners pact with him, and mentioned wanting to work with Adam, Harry, Xanny, Logan and others. Josh  & Logan and I connected over being OGs of JRBB.

The last round of the prejury phase is where the game got completely flipped onto its head. I leaked The 5 to Megan because a) I never wanted to go longterm with an alliance of players that strong and good at comps and b) Megan was my closest ally. Through Megan, Rachael, Josh and Logan were informed of this alliance and we were able to get Eoin out during the round of the double.

I feel like this is the point where my game picks up and doesn’t lose steam. Anthony wins HOH and demands to find the leaker and put them up. I have a conversation with Anthony and point him away from me and mention continuing wanting to work with the 5 because we were now big threats (which was genuine on my part because the group had gotten smaller, I was better positioned within it, and I was close with Christian and Joey anyways and wouldn’t have nominated them) and I manage to stay safe for the round.

The next round, I threw the HOH competition to Megan in order to solidify my spot as the last Ghost Island visiter. This week ended up coming down to Christian and Joey as the final nominees which was not ideal, but I voted to keep the person I owed and was closer to.

At Final 9, my shadiness finally catches up to me and I go up during Joey’s HOH reign. During this week, I solidified the trio of myself, Megan and Rachael that pretty much already existed, and I also formed a Final 2 with Xanny. I then won OTEV for both myself and Megan, to ensure we would both be safe, along with Rachael.

The next round, Rachael and I expose a lot of details about the game Megan was playing and how we felt thrown under the bus to Anthony who had won HOH. This resulted in a huge public fight between myself, Megan and Rachael and final nominations of myself and Rachael. Megan and I immediately made up and I got Xanny to campaign for me. I feel like me being able to gather votes for myself to stay this round was huge because while Rachael was a huge social threat, I was a huge threat in competitions, which I propped up or downplayed whenever necessary to further myself. Going into Final 7, I had Final 2 deals with Megan, Xanny, Logan & Adam.

At Final 6, I won HOH and put up Anthony and Joey, the only 2 people who had been targeting me during the jury phase of the game, and 2 people who were great at competitions. I got Xanny to throw the veto to me, and then convinced the voters to keep Anthony as he had made it clear he wouldn’t be able to attend the comps for the following round.

At Final 5, I gave Xanny all the answers to his HOH win and then won the veto and used it on Megan to evict Anthony, who would have gone further with Megan.

Entering the Final 4 I had Final 2 deals with every person left in the game and it didn’t matter who won HOH/POV because I was 100% staying. I feel like this was when I was at my prime socially, as Megan and Logan even told me every time Joey tried to get them to evict me after he was evicted. My social game was proven as Megan won both HOH and POV and I had the sole vote to evict.

I then won the Final HOH of the season and voted to evict Logan, due to him being almost free of having blood on his hands and having a Final 2 with Megan since Day 1.

Overall, I played extremely low prejury and then started making bolder plays come jury. I feel like after F7 was the point when I had the most control and social room in the game. I was the swing vote at F7, won HOH & POV at F6, used the veto to send home Anthony at F5, and then was the vote to evict Xanny and Logan at F4/F3. The deals I made ensured I had complete control over the end game, and I was able to get people to make moves that were against their best interests (Xanny throwing the F6 veto to me, leading to Joey’s eviction & Megan evicting Anthony).

I feel like I surprised myself by making Final 2 as I pretty much have played the exact same game 3 times in a row in JRBB, with minor tweaks. I lay low, am extremely untrustworthy, win a bunch of comps in the late stretch and make Final 2. I thought I would get caught this time around, but I was able to make it to the end while having a lot of influence throughout the game.

Some other notable accomplishments of mine from this season and my overall legacy include:
- Receiving the least amount of votes to evict this season (2)
- Being the first person to play 100 days
- Having the record for most competition wins in the series with 8 HOHs & 7 POVs
- Playing 86 days in a row without being evicted
- Being evicted only once in 4 seasons
- Making it to the end 3 times
- Being statistically the closest to being a 2 time winner

So that’s the overview of my gameplay. I hope to answer any specific questions you may have soon!
957 days 7 hours ago
Christian_
honestly you would’ve been better off posting nothing.

bad move
957 days 7 hours ago
lhooper902976
Alright snakes from the garden of eden. Honestly let's face it without me probably neither of you make it here. Birks would've went at 8  had I not done Rachael and Megan likely gets picked off quickly but, enough on the what could've happened. 

Birks you honestly disappointed me the most. To think I gave you a second chance  with the promise to never betray me again and of final 2 and  yet you did.
For your individual questions,  why should I even consider voting you for the first time  this game  and name 3 things you regret this game, and  no saying you don't have any regrets since that's a cop out answer .
Megan you might not have voted me out 2 times but, you still did the first time so your not getting any mercy.  My individual questions to you is list everyone you worked with but, betrayed with reason why and for the other which juror do you not think deserves to be on the jury and why.

For the both of you, compare each person to a real big brother player and why, preferably US version
957 days 7 hours ago
hamburgerbunzz
both of you said you dont care about winning so why should we vote
957 days 7 hours ago
Birks4444
3 min ago hamburgerbunzz
both of you said you dont care about winning so why should we vote

I wasnt genuine in saying I dont care about winning. I was just throwing whatever I could out there to ensure I stayed. If people thought I wasn't that into the game, maybe they would want to take me further. I think its obvious I do care though. Ive played 4 times and been extremely into the game each time. Like you said, you wanted to see people not throw things and play hard moving forwards and thats exactly what I did. I wouldn't have done any of that if I didnt care, I could have just kept my mouth shut about the 5 and gone to the end with them, but I didnt think that was best for me.
957 days 7 hours ago
BBMeganNicole
Sorry I was at work
957 days 7 hours ago
BBMeganNicole
Hi Jury! I want to break my game up into sections so it will be easier to read and not be all jumbled up.

Week 1 & 2: I was really excited to play again and I was really anxious seeing a few peeps from my past seasons. I really wanted to lay low the first few rounds and just try and stay there but not at the same time. I threw the comps that I played in and I threw them pretty hard. I wanted the perception that I was horrid at comps and make myself non threatening.

Week 3/4: Wasn't my favorite round by any means. Although I didn't talk alot with Eoin, from the conversations that we did have I thought that I would be okay, but it turns out that I wasn't and was renominated. Because of this I went on a frenzy to collect votes to stay and even though everybody was telling me that I was good, I knew that there was always a chance that I could go home. Once the votes were read and I was safe, a fire was lit under my ass and I really wanted to start making moves because  I knew that I was playing from the bottom. I went into the HoH wanting to win and was going to do anything in my power to win, then Gabriel promised me up and down that I was safe so I didn't want to get unnecessary blood on my hands if I was safe. But from this round on, I wanted to make sure that I made the best moves for me and me only because of the feeling of being on the bottom and thinking that nobody had my back. Harry and I didn't have the best relationship coming into the game, but we made up and I really wanted to work with him. However, I couldn't work with him because of him being voted out due to a power.

Double: This is one of my strongest rounds. In the previous week, I was told about the five person alliance and I wanted to do anything that I could to make sure that the person that went home was from that alliance. I had told Rachael and Logan before the HoH about the alliance and the names of the people in the alliance. When it came to nominations, Rachel did just that and nominated two of the people in the five. After Xanny winning the PoV and using it, Anthony had to go up as the renom because Rachael wouldn't nominate Christian or Birks. I campaigned hard to get Anthony to stay so that Eoin could go home, who had previously nominated me. I feel as though this week is a win.

Week 5: Going into the next week with Anthony winning HoH, I didn't think that I was in a bad spot until I found out that Rachael threw me under the bus. After talking with Anthony I had told him that I knew that he was going up but had no intentions of him going home and that I just wanted somebody from the five to go. Josh went home this week because he wasn't able to contribute as much to the alliance as the rest.

Week 6: This is my best week in the game. I didn't think that I would be able to win a competition but I was able to do just that. I wanted to make a big move just incase it was the only competition that I would win this season. I nominated Christian & Joey. Christian was nominated because we weren't really talking and because of his relationships, I knew that I was not a priority of his. I nominated Joey because Joey was trying to figure out a way to make me lose the HoH. At the beginning of the week I was convinced that after talking to Rachael that Joey needed to go but I reconsidered and took into account what was best for myself and not for others, I realized that Christian needed to go because of his social standing. Winning the Power of Veto this round had a lot of people messaging me a lot of things that would benefit their games but would not benefit my game. After a lot of consideration, the risk of Joey going home was greater than taking him off the block and having the risk of both of them to stay in the game. I campaigned for the votes to send Christian home and he was evicted. That was the smartest game move for me at the time.

Week 7: Going into the next round with Joey who I had previously nominated winning, I felt okay because I had campaigned so hard for him to stay while others campaigned for him to go home. The power was played after the nominations and I was able to pull out the win alongside Birks to completely flip the week. I was able to take Rachael off while Birks was able to take himself off. This allowed me to keep two people in the game that people would go after before they would go after me. Gabriel ended up going home which was one of Rachael's closest allies. And although I didn't want him to go, there was nothing that I could do.

Week 8: This week was a shit show. Anthony won HoH, and I wasn't upset because I was super tight with Anthony. After finding out that Rachael and Birks both threw me under the bus to save their asses I was set off because I won the PoV the week before to keep both of them safe when I didn't have to do that. From a game standpoint I understood but as a personal standpoint it hurt. After talking to Anthony, he believed me over Rachael (or at least I was told). Rachael & Birks were nominated and Anthony won the Power of Veto and did not use. There were a lot of house meetings this round and a lot was exposed. I did prefer Rachael to go home even though the fight with Birks was real. Birks and I had a call after and put out the fire. I knew from then that I wanted Rachael to go. I spoke alot with Logan this round and we got close. I was able to convince him that Rachael was the best option to go.

Double #2: Yay I won! I was kinda shook. I nominated Joey & Xanny, with Xanny being my target. I realized that Xanny was in the best spot and had a really big part of Rachael going home, and Rachael wasn't even upset. That really showed the strength of Xanny's social game. Anthony won the Power of Veto and took Joey off of the block. At that point I thought that I had the votes to at least tie to the vote. I did not realize that the time that Birks and Xanny had a final two. Logan was 100% down to vote out Xanny and Birks just lied to my face. Adam ended up going 4-0 which left me a little bit heated. But, I had to manage and move forward.

Week 9: Birks is HoH and I knew that I was good. I knew that this week would be really good because Birks was going to take out a really big threat. I tried my best in the Power of Veto, but the PoV did not suit my abilities. After Anthony gave my answers that I gave him to Xanny, I knew that our relationship wasn't as strong as I had thought. I knew at that point that I needed to look out for myself over anybody else. Anthony asked to voted out and I knew that it was best for my game that Joey left. Even if Anthony was able to show up the comp or not, it was in my best interest for Anthony to stay and for Joey to go.

Week 10: I almost won this HoH had my internet not fucked up on my road trip. I had every answer correct but the lag got me. Nonetheless, I got nominated as I expected. I wanted Birks to win the PoV, and he did! I basically had the power this round to decide if having Anthony or Logan in the game was better for me. I ultimately decided that it was best to move forward with Birks and Logan because I didn't need everybody in the game upset with me. (Xanny was already upset with me and if I evicted Logan, I piss off Birks and then Anthony is my only ally)

Week 11- Xanny and I had a really good conversation about moving forward as a final two, but I didn't know how to feel about it. I knew that it was a good option to have incase Xanny won PoV, so I agreed to it. Xanny did help me win the competition, and I was thankful for that. Going into the PoV, I didn't necessarily want to win but it fell into my lap. It put me in an awkward situation because I was 100% pissing somebody off. Logan had told me that people on the jury had been messaging him to evict Birks and he felt pressured to do something that he didn't want to do, so he asked me to take Birks off so that Birks would have the final say. I ultimately decided to remove Birks. It made sense to me to have Xanny go home because it seemed like the jury wanted Xanny to stay. I also heard from Logan that somebody was saying how Xanny was the fourth option and it didn't sit well with me and made it even more apparent that Xanny was the frontrunner to win. Xanny left in a blaze. I was called a few things, and I get it. I understand. It was just the best move for me in that position because I was going to f3 with two people who were taking me to the end.

Final Three- Going into the finale, Birks and I had an agreement that all we needed to do was win to make sure that we made the end. We both knew that we pissed off more people that Logan and made more sense to go together than to sit next to Logan and just lose. Birks ended up winning and sent home Logan, so here we are.

In conclusion, I played my heart out and made moves that helped me and me only. Even if it pissed people off, I wanted to make sure that I did what was best for me. If I hurt anybodys feelings, I am truly sorry and I hope that we can make up and move forward once the game is over. I look forward to answering all of your jury questions! :)
957 days 7 hours ago
jojo7784
Actually I do have a question that could change my vote

Megan, if you had won final HOH, who were you evicting?
957 days 7 hours ago
Christian_
okay so thanks to James begging me to vote for one of y’all…I am back! And honestly after reading Birks speech, I wish I had just stayed off

Megan I guess I’ll start with you. It’s honestly really funny that again in my season, the final 2 is a JRBB6 alum and Birks…! So since most of the same issues I had about Logan also are about you, I’ll copy paste what I said to him…

Logan: The biggest holdup I'm having on wanting you to win dates all the way back to JRBB6. I thought we were friendly enough, I joined with my Final 2 Will and you joined with yours in Megan. However, after the game, when I lost, y'all decided to basically attack me, saying that I "had the personality of Siri" (honestly not wrong but there's a time and place for everything and that just wasn't it!) and that I was a disgusting person, which I felt was sorta confusing considering I had done nothing to you in the game? I was loyal to my final two just like you were, yet I don't think that made me some awful person just because I happened to do better at the competitions? I thought we were friends but you didn't really hesitate in joining everyone in jumping me so like, why would I want to vote for someone who made me feel like shit and then didn't give a fuck? Yes it was years ago but like...I felt it was unneeded. I don't know whether you just forgot or didn't care coming into this, but that was something that didn't quite add up.

since you also did this Megan to me BUT there’s another thing I want to address from JRBB6 that I never got an answer on. What was the point of making comments to Gabriel in the jury like “You can only speak English in this jury chat” and basically being xenophobic to him LMAO? Granted this was a couple years ago so maybe you have (hopefully) become a better person but I just want an explanation for that because honestly, I don’t really care about anything you did this season. Why do you feel people should reward you to win when you went out of your way to be nasty to both Gabriel and I in season 6?

And now birks:
Honestly, I almost wanted to vote for you. If the final 2 was Megan and Logan, I would’ve stayed offline. But now seeing your whole speech being basically everything I suspected, it just makes me cringe for you. There’s nothing I hate more in an alliance than someone who doesn’t pull their weight and you EPTIOMIZED that prejury. You showed up to literally nothing and relied on us to carry you. I told multiple people you were going to do the same shit as last time and suddenly start trying in the last half and claim it was your strategy. And you’re honestly a horrid ally, you leaked the alliance I made to make me a target, you obviously threw the HoH that got me evicted, you didn’t even show up to the veto I was nominated for to try pulling me off…like wow thanks you gave me your vote you really helped me out! You’re just a horrible ally tbh, you take and you take and you take but you never give a shit about anyone but yourself which I mean I guess good for you as you made Final 2, but there’s a reason people don’t want to be your friend after these games, and it’s because of the same shit you pull every season. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, fool me three times…LMAO

There’s no real question I guess but am I wrong in any of that? Because the proof is in the pudding, and when the pudding is saying I’d rather vote anthony over you, then there’s something wrong with the way you made it.

Anyway that was all typed on mobile so sorry for formatting/whatever, but y’all are the final 2 so suck it up I guess.
957 days 7 hours ago
BBMeganNicole
I never told Gabriel he can only speak English in the jury chat first of all. As a first gen American and having a parent from a non English country, I would never.
957 days 6 hours ago
Birks4444
And now birks:
Honestly, I almost wanted to vote for you. If the final 2 was Megan and Logan, I would’ve stayed offline. But now seeing your whole speech being basically everything I suspected, it just makes me cringe for you. There’s nothing I hate more in an alliance than someone who doesn’t pull their weight and you EPTIOMIZED that prejury. You showed up to literally nothing and relied on us to carry you. I told multiple people you were going to do the same shit as last time and suddenly start trying in the last half and claim it was your strategy. And you’re honestly a horrid ally, you leaked the alliance I made to make me a target, you obviously threw the HoH that got me evicted, you didn’t even show up to the veto I was nominated for to try pulling me off…like wow thanks you gave me your vote you really helped me out! You’re just a horrible ally tbh, you take and you take and you take but you never give a shit about anyone but yourself which I mean I guess good for you as you made Final 2, but there’s a reason people don’t want to be your friend after these games, and it’s because of the same shit you pull every season. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, fool me three times…LMAO

I understand that you're not a fan of the way I games and thats completely fine, but I also feel like what I did was logical. You're not wrong in anything you're saying, but I think we look at things in a different perspective in games. Its never personal for me, so if people dont want to be friends with me because of a game, while I dont understand that, I know that it is different for others.

But on a game level, I dont think me throwing comps was a negative for my game. I didnt feel the need to "pull my weight" because A. I legitimately couldn't show up to majority of the early competitions and B. I didnt want to get blood on my hands for no reason. It didnt make sense for me to go and win an HOH early on just to randomly piss off 2 people I was good with. I definitely used that alliance to my benefit but I feel like doing that is a very common strategy? Not many people in this game can say they never threw a comp or were completely loyal. I was carried by that alliance for safety in Weeks 1 (when I went up anyways), 2 and 3. I dont see how thats any different from benefitting from safety from a friend winning HOH.

I didnt leak the alliance with the intention of making you a target, but I had told you that I was not comfortable going long-term with that alliance, especially when people like Megan, Rachael, Logan, Xanny, Adam, etc were more than willing to work with me. If I never said anything about the 5, either someone else would have or the alliance would have completely dominated and im claiming my 5th/4th place prize. I tried to protect you as much as I could when it came to the repercussions of it being leaked, when it came to telling people you wanted to work with them.

I did throw the HOH week that week, but up until Megan won, the plan had been to nominate Gabriel & Joey and I had to work the next day so could not show up for veto.

Thats not me trying to excuse anything or me pretending to be a great ally, I fully own that I am not a reliable ally to have in any sense, but im explaining my choices. You're right. I do take and take and take but the way I see it is me just playing the game and being selfish at the right times. Its the exact same strategy that has gotten me to the end several times, and I never feel like I need to "pull weight" in alliances. I did tell you I would never evict you or put you up this season, and I was sincere in that, when that doesnt necessarily align with my style of gameplay and I would have kept you over Megan if I ever had to choose, but I also had to find a way to play my own game and do what was best for me, while being loyal to you, and for me that did mean throwing competitions.

To answer your question, no you're not wrong in any of that.
957 days 6 hours ago
Christian_
also another question for Birks

You said you didn’t beg for Sandy to get flung off the cast list but you also said you didn’t leak the alliance so who knows what’s the truth anymore

So another q for you, did you tell production you wouldn’t play if Sandy was there?
957 days 6 hours ago
BBMeganNicole
Why do you feel people should reward you to win when you went out of your way to be nasty to both Gabriel and I in season 6?

To explain.... yes Gabriel and I did not get along in the jury chat and I do believe he called me xenophobic but that was because he thought I didn't like him for being from another country. Had I said the other comment I'm sure I would've been either removed from the jury or shunned from the chat in general. I'm sorry for not liking Gabriel at the time and from this game I was under the impression that we've moved on and were on good terms.

As for you.... I did come for you in the jury because I felt that we had a solid game relationship in Season 6. You were someone I felt close to and we spoke almost everyday. Then all of a sudden I'm going up with a power and you iced me out and just said "I'm voting you out" So yeah I was upset with you. You have a reason to not vote for me. It has been over two years and from the start of this game I thought we had moved forward. I'm sorry that I nominated you this game but it was best for my game. My apologies <3
957 days 6 hours ago
Birks4444
2 min agoChristian_
also another question for Birks

You said you didn’t beg for Sandy to get flung off the cast list but you also said you didn’t leak the alliance so who knows what’s the truth anymore

So another q for you, did you tell production you wouldn’t play if Sandy was there?

In the context of the game, I did say I didnt leak to protect myself. But like I told you on Day 1, and lying about this doesnt benefit me in any way so I really have no reason to lie, I told James it was completely up to him whether or not he wanted to cast Sandy. I let him know specifically that I would not be upset with him if he were to cast Sandy or not. James did approach me to ask me and I told him it was up to him. Im not the casting director, and I have wanted to play again for a while. Obviously I would prefer if he were not, but I didnt make any ultimatums.

open group

JR Big Brother S16 - Ghost Island

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!