This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

S13: Finale

Topic » S13: Finale

1171 days 12 hours ago
J2999
Starting here with jury questioning.

The jury: Zach, Silver, Adam, Ben, Chris, Rachael, Wes, Joey, Will.

Finalists: Ethan and Kelly.

Both finalists can post a speech here, and all jurors can ask questions.

Please cast your vote for a winner by 6pm EST Tuesday.

Finale will commence at 6pm, including winner reveal, awards, questions, rankings, voting chart reveal etc.
1171 days 12 hours ago
Kelly0412
Howdy Jury!! So i am not going to drone on and on and on because anybody who knows me knows im RUBBISH at final speeches, so i will just explain overall what my game was about highlight some key things and go from there!

I came into this game because idk i thought it would be fun to troll a game with my friend Mmabatlokoa! That hit the shitter REAL QUICK when my good judy was backdoored and sent home week 1. At that point i had kind of just given up and i didnt care that much… im sure i would have been an easy target at this point but people who i was friendly with kept winning HoHs so i made it through those hard times…

Ultimately around final 14ish i was aware of 2 “sides” so to speak.. I dont think either group was an official group but to me it looked kind of like Rachael/Ben/Zack/Joey were kinda working together. I called them the “Outcasts” in my confessionals and then on the flip side you have Anthony/Sam/Ethan/Wes/Chris and i deemed them “The Pretty Boy Alliance” (again im not saying these people were together but at the very least they all had some unspoken thing with eachother” It was at this point i realized i had a golden window here.. I was kind of liked in the house i hadnt been as toxic as i usually am so i saw an opportunity to do something i never ever do in a game… PLAY BOTH SIDES!! Which if you have played with me know thats something i never do. I usually make a side stick with it and die with it but i decided to take things to a new level this time. So thats what me and Will did.. Me and him became extremely tight since both of our partners left kinda early and it worked out very well for us!

My strategy became very simple: everyone liked me so i would just throw comps and hop in bed with the hoh so to speak so id be safe and it worked like a charm!

Ultimately i think i played a great social game and thats how i got here.

Now onto some things i did:

- I was not afraid to evict my friends, I really enjoy Anthony/Sam/Chris/Wes but at their evictions for one reason or another i felt i was inclined to evict them to make it farther and i hate to rub it in but like it did as i made it all the way here

- I went unnominated! (okay until final 3) but still thats pretty impressive and i am proud of myself… that has NEVER happened to me usually i am such a target and play so messy but i am very content on making it here

- I was not afraid to put myself out there. Despite my persona of being good with everyone i still voted how i wanted every round. If my friend was nominated or somebody who id rather stay i voted to keep them. Period. I would never just go with the house or do what others wanted, i did what i wanted and how i wanted it.
-
Now this isnt an ACCOMPLISHMENT (for a well mannered person) but i was actually.. Fairly nice this game? Usually i am SO mean and SO toxic but i actually held my tongue and got to know people and had fun with people and overall i really enjoyed my time!!

So heres the part where you guys help me with my speech!! I deliberately dont go on and on about my game because i know that as a frequent juror i dont like seeing that shit, i want YOU guys to ask me what you want to KNOW and i will tell you. Rip me to shreds if you want, you can say whatever mean shit to me as long as you SAY something (Doja Cat) anyway my door is now open for all questions.

(and yes im sure there is a bunch of grammatical errors and it didnt flow well... i have ALWAYS been a horrible writer and i apologize if you have trouble reading it...)

GL Ethan!!! <3
1171 days 11 hours ago
Ethan000
Alright, well hello there jury! What a wild ride this has been. Thanks for making this an enjoyable season, and I hope there’s no hard feelings on anyone’s end because there are none coming from me.

When Anthony asked me 30+ days ago if I wanted to play JRBB with him because it was a duos season, I can’t lie, I was quite hesitant to say yes. Lately, group games have so many overlapping people playing them, and I didn’t think I still had as many connections as I did when I used to play group games religiously forever ago. Much to my surprise however, I saw more familiar faces than I thought I would.

So going into the game, I knew I didn’t want to stand out by winning too many competitions too early, and I overall wanted to lay low to come across as not threatening. I do think I achieved both of those things quite well, and I was able to throw almost every competition pre-jury because I didn’t think I needed to win them (which for the most part I didn’t need to). Additionally to laying low, I also wanted to keep up social connections with certain people. I will say, I definitely at least chatted with everyone almost every round, but I for sure distanced myself from a few people that weren’t really trying back with me, just so that I’d have options to put on the block should I have wanted to win an HOH. So I would like to formally apologize to Adam specifically, because you were one of those people I did that to.

I would say my game definitely took a turn for the better when Anthony was backdoored. Did it shock me given the events that took place? No, but it definitely lit a fire under my ass to get to work and ENSURE that I was not going to just leave right after him. I think I accomplished what I set out to do, because I NARROWLY stayed 5-4 against Sam, and I definitely feel like I saved myself there because I was non-stop talking to people until the eviction happened. This also is where I decided to make a Final 3 deal with both Will and Kelly. I approached them both and said “Look, we both don’t have our duos left, we all like each other, why not just work together and stay loyal?” And that’s exactly what happened. The Final 3 I made on Day 11 of this game, ended up making the actual Final 3. That in itself is actually crazy? I’ve never really been in a BB game where my alliance has been THAT successful.

Before the second double eviction, Wes ended up making a chat with Himself/Chris/Me/Kelly/Will. This was perfect because I had Final 3 deals with both sides (I forgot to say earlier that Me/Anthony/Chris/Wes had a chat, but Anthony left so lol), and the fact that all 4 of them wanted to come together to form a sort of “side”? It was beautiful for me. I was protected from all angles, and I knew that if I was ever on the block with anyone from that chat, I would have at LEAST 2 votes to stay.

Round by round people not in that chat were being picked off, and it got to a point where the Final 7 consisted of all 5 of us. Slowly but surely it dwindled down, and before I could even blink it was the Final 3!

Overall, I played a pretty simple and loyal game while sprinkling in a few comp wins there, and I can’t be mad at the way I decided to play this game. I won 4 HOHs and 6 POVs, tying the record for most veto wins in a season as well as most competitions won in a season as well. I was strategic when I needed to be, and I made sure to maintain social relations with people outside of my key alliances.

I will be happy to go more in-depth into anything should you give me the option to (as this is a pretty surface-level dive into my game), but yeah! Thanks for reading!

GL Kelly!!! <3
1171 days 11 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
Hello! I think I know who I'm voting for so I don't really have any questions, but good luck to you both. "Fuck this game" is for sure one of the strongest ever alliances I've been a part of. When I'm done with my 6 month detox from group games after this hellish nightmare of a season I hope we can work together in the future!
1171 days 10 hours ago
Kelly0412
Love you <3
1171 days 10 hours ago
Ethan000
Yes I'd love that :)
1171 days 10 hours ago
joey65409
Congrats you two , both very deserving winners .
Please compare each member of the jury to a big brother player .
Also Kelly , during Zach’s hoh reign, you made the alliance “operation double date , but after that week you delete our chats and kick us from that alliance, why
To the both of you, what was your biggest move and how did it get you here
1171 days 9 hours ago
Kelly0412
Hi Joey!

Please compare each member of the jury to a big brother player .

Zach - im going to go out on a limb here and say Audrey from bb17, i know you must think that is like CRAZY but they were both kind of on the outs and ever so slightly erratic.. this one is more like personality wise ig, i dont know how to explain it, it just kind of CAME to me. i think they both have fun crazy energy.

Silver - oh easy.. Jackie Ibarra, both beautiful ethnic classy women who found themselves on the wrong side of the numbers and were picked off at the double when they could have probably gotten the votes on a normal week-

Adam - Dana Valera - this one was easy... in my mind i kind of played like Jun so it makes sense that Adam would be my Dana... taken from me around final 9 and got to miss out on all the shit i talked about him! (kidding)

Ben - honestly i choose Aaryn Gries and not because of the obvious reason you might be thinking. Ben like Aaryn was controversial inside and outside of the house but made it SHOCKINGLY far by winning comps/having allies

Chris - hmm this is a toughie, i am going to say Brett from bb22... they are both pretty boys and they both made it far with their alliance but some unfortunate events kind of screwed them both over

Rachael - oh this is a hard one... i woudlnt want to insult a big brother player by comparing them to someone as iconic as you, so i will keep it simple... Janelle Pierzina is considered the Ultimate Big Brother Queen so its only simple Rachael is compared to her as she is The Ultimate JRBB Queen

Wes - hmm another hard one im going to say, Kathryn from BB21, a lot of people early on dismissed her as shallow or conceited and someone who didnt care about others but she proved everyone wrong when she showed that she had a big heart and a lot of hidden depth that nobody would see when they first look at her.

Joey - honestly... Sharon from BB9, sweet simple kind Sharon, she was never one to get into fights and always had a positive attitude despite the odds being stacked against her, she made it shockingly far and was 2 comp wins away from winning the entire game

Will - obviously my queen Erika.. we worked together the entire game and when the other member of our final 3 had the power he chose to evict you. but i mean theres a ton of people i could have compared you too that was just the first one!!!
1171 days 9 hours ago
Kelly0412
Also Kelly , during Zach’s hoh reign, you made the alliance “operation double date , but after that week you delete our chats and kick us from that alliance, why

winning that hoh was my biggest regret.. it was like some luckish challenge and i was on call with ethan trying to throw it to him and i accidentally ended up winning and i had NO clue what to do since i was good with everyone... i panicked and decided to target the 2 of you.. it wasnt because of any specific reason i just had felt the least close with you 2 overall and i felt bad about it because i had made the chats and everything, like i said winning that hoh was a total accident and mistake and my intention was to never be like super fake to you guys

as for kicking you from the chats, i was just covering up my own butt, i said a lot of shady things about other people and i didnt want it getting out as retaliation for nominating you... kind of fucked up of me but i panicked, im sorry
1171 days 9 hours ago
Kelly0412
To the both of you, what was your biggest move and how did it get you here

hmm thats a toughie.. i didnt really make like HUGE FLASHY power plays or anything but i did make small subtle moves that benefited me in the long run.. the biggest example of this i think is..

Evicting sam at final 12.

at final 12 i was the swing vote and i knew i was the swing vote... on the block was Sam and Ethan. i love sam so much like me and him are close and if i was using my heart i would have most likely saved him but.... i used the opportunity as much as it hurt me to set myself up very well and keep somebody in who would win comps and carry me and that was Ethan and it worked... as Ethan took me here. it did make me sad to evict my friend but its very much the reason i am sitting right here.

Other highlights include:
- Evicting Anthony at final 13
- Evicting Wes at final 5
- Throwing final POV so i didnt have to show my cards and "Pick" between Will & Ethan (Even tho they would have saved eachother, it STILL would have shown my allegiance)
1171 days 8 hours ago
Bluejay7622
Ok so I was going to see if Kelly would explain his reasoning behind my eviction in his speech but failed to do so, which kinda shows me it didnt really matter to him. You killed it ethan <3
1171 days 8 hours ago
Ethan000
@Joey

Q: Compare each member of the jury to a Big Brother player.

A:

Zach = Rachel (BB6)

I would compare Zach to Rachel from BB6 because I feel like they were both capable of winning competitions, but also they were both in a pretty decent spot up until their evictions. (Both ironically were up against their duos on eviction night, and both got early-jury placements)

Silver = Libra (BB10)

I would compare Silver to Libra from BB10 because they were both a part of a particular “side of the house” and were both targeted after a pretty big vote shook up the game where they voted in the majority (Jessie’s eviction in BB10 & Anthony’s eviction in this game). Both also got early jury placements.

Adam = Lydia (BB11)

I would compare Adam to Lydia from BB11 because they both (like Silver/Libra) were on a specific side of the game, and also both Adam and Lydia were unafraid to make their targets known whether they were in power or not. They both also got semi-screwed the weeks leading up to their evictions when people they were working with went home.

Ben = Zach (BB16)

I would compare Ben to Zach from BB16 because they both were polarizing figures in their respective seasons, and both got in a few fights throughout. They both also were decent at competitions and both got mid-jury placements. (Also Ben was almost evicted unanimously like Zach was)

Chris = Zakiyah (BB18)

I would compare Chris to Zakiyah from BB18 because they both kinda just existed in the game. I love Chris to death, but he knows he didn’t show up to really anything and also didn’t win any competitions throughout. He had a right duo with Wes that ran the course of the game (as did Zakiyah with Paulie).

Rachael = McCrae (BB15)

I would compare Rachael to McCrae from BB15 because they both had decent social connections and had their respective alliances. However the thing that pushed me most to make this comparison is that they both made game-blundering moves on their HOH reigns a couple weeks before they were ultimately evicted. McCrae took a shot at Elissa, and Rachael took a shot at Chris; both people who may not have nominated them had they won HOH. But most importantly, they both also kept groups of people who were super tight still in the game when they could have gotten one of them out.

Wes = Austin (BB17)

I would compare Wes to Austin from BB17 because they were both in dominating alliances in their respective seasons, and were both blindsided by their own allies. Actually it almost was like the exact same scenario. The vote tied 1-1, and the HOH (who Wes/Austin felt closer to than the person they were against) ended up evicting them. They both also got 5th.

Joey = Nakomis (BB5)

I would compare Joey to Nakomis from BB5 because they were both going into Final 4 as the obvious odd person out. However this didn’t stop either of them from making great strategic plays throughout the game, and getting close to winning a hell of a lot of competitions. Both were arguably the biggest jury threats left too with the amount of allies they had sitting on the jury. They both also got 4th. Sadly I’m not Joey’s long lost brother who randomly evicted him like Cowboy did to Nakomis lol.

Will = Keesha (BB10)

Yes I know Keesha got 4th, but both were in strong alliances of 3 and then got sent home by one of their alliance members :( I wanted to find someone who made final 3 to compare him to, but the only other good option was Diane from BB5, and I had just compared Joey to someone from BB5 so I was like lemme switch it up. Anyways, both survived key evictions and got their targets out while also being likable and good at competitions.
1171 days 8 hours ago
Ethan000
Q: What was your biggest move and how did it get you here?

A: I would say my biggest move in this game was making a Final 3 deal and chat with both Kelly & Will as soon as I hit the block Week 5 with Sam. Not only did I bring together other power players in the game to help ensure my safety if they were to win, but together we successfully made the actual Final 3! Will and I won 4 HOHs each, together we all won 7 out of the last 8 veto competitions, and we kinda just steamrolled to the end successfully.

This move also gained me a TON of information. I found out with 100% certainty that Adam was The Kindred and almost sat me out of the POV competition during Week 5, that there was an official side that I wasn’t a part of that evicted my duo partner Anthony (I speculated this but I didn’t jump to conclusions), and this alliance ultimately pushed me to make a Final 2 with Kelly who I felt like I had the best chance to win the game against.

While I don’t think I necessarily NEEDED to win 10 competitions with this alliance, I did so to gain absolute trust with them.

Moves that I almost listed:

- Getting out Adam @ 9 to ensure that I had an increased number of avenues to choose to go down should anyone but Rachael have won HOH
- Evicting Joey over Zach at Final 11 (making it 7-1) so that Adam would only get 2 stacks instead of 3 going into the second double eviction
1171 days 8 hours ago
Ethan000
Love you Wes <3
1171 days 7 hours ago
Kelly0412
52 min agoBluejay7622
Ok so I was going to see if Kelly would explain his reasoning behind my eviction in his speech but failed to do so, which kinda shows me it didnt really matter to him. You killed it ethan <3

i mean it was pretty simple ! i felt that IF ethan were to backstab me it would be for you and i wanted to make sure it would be me that the person who was best at comps took to the end
1171 days 3 hours ago
christossss
Congrats to both !!! Much love im proud af

open group

JR Big Brother S16 - Ghost Island

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!