This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

KNOCKOUT #6 - MARIAH CAREY vs VICTORIA JOYCE

Topic » KNOCKOUT #6 - MARIAH CAREY vs..

2164 days 11 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
#TeamGaga

Mariah -

Vs

Victoria -
2164 days 11 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
*claps passively*

I did not love this knockout a ton...

For Mariah, I really feel as though this was a total turn left for you, I know you’re not using the same artists every round, but I take into account consistency in artistry - like I don’t want country week after week and then like a Beyoncé performance - like I like diversity and having different layers, but in general, i don’t want to just have drastic turn lefts every round, as for me it’d be confusing to kind of figure out who you are, and i feel like this was that for you - it kind of caught me off guard. I just didn’t like much about it, it was by far my least favorite performance from you, but I know Gaga was all about this, I can so tell this has Gaga written ALLL over it, so if my assumption is right, I wonder what she’ll do with you, it’s definitely going somewhere.. I’m just not sure if I like where, personally.

Victoria, this was a beautiful vocal, an OBVIOUS step up from your battle... I did not love the song choice. I LOVE the song, I LOVE Beyoncé, but this is just a so done before song, it’s even being sung by Beyoncé, it just isn’t anything unheard of.. it was a beautiful vocal, just a disappointing song choice, honestly. I do see something in you, so it’s disappointing to not be all for this, and I personally think you won this hands down, if you do actually win - I’d be shocked, but - I hope you take your obvious talent and do something else with it rather than the done before cliche powerhouse performance.

I say the winner is Victoria 100% but I don’t expect that result.
2162 days 18 hours ago
SurvivorFreak13
Mariah, I think that you sounded good but it always felt like you were a little bit out of sync with the band, and that was very distracting. But your notes sounded very rounded and executed well when you would belt. You lost yourself a bit on the lower register, becoming a bit shaky.

Victoria, you sang one of my favorite songs of all time. I think you sounded very subtle and beautiful at the beginning, and provided a good build up to when you finally nailed those notes. What I liked more than anything was the emotion you conveyed while you were singing, and I could visualize that even when I wasn't watching you.

Victoria is the winner for me.
2162 days 5 hours ago
DJ2722
*standing ovation*

This might be bias because you’re my team members, but I thought both of these performances were absolutely incredible, and some of the best I’ve seen in the competition. You have both brought your everything to this performance and you both did incredible.

Mariah, I believe that what you did tonight was beautiful. I believe that this was the first performance of the season to be sung by a transgendered individual. I know that my team is the only team where it’d be safe to do that without criticism from the coaches, and your performance was absolutely stunning, but this performance did show inconsistency. I believed that I knew you as an artist, but this performance was completely different from your previous performances and it threw me in a loop.

Victoria, this was absolutely incredible. I believe this was the perfect performance for you at this point in the competition, and it really payed off tonight. This song is perfect for showing both vocals and emotion, and you showed both of them really spot on in this performance, and it was consistent the entire way through. I’m impressed.

This decision is very hard for me, and it absolutely sucks that I have to let one of you go.
You both did absolutely phenomenal, but I have to go with my gut with this decision.

The winner of this battle, is Victoria.

Mariah, I’m very sorry to let you go, you’re amazing.
2161 days 16 hours ago
joaogdh
Thank you soo much Gaga and thank you other judges
2158 days 8 hours ago
NicoleF
*claps*

Mariah, this is disgusting. Was the performance great? Yes. Did the performance fit your artistry? No. We're heading into the live shows and, out of your 3 performances, none have been similar. I don't know who you are and what you wanna be. Also I haven't forgotten that stubborn attitude you displayed in the blinds.

Victoria, this was a huge step up from the battles which wasn't your fault...your coach chose a terrible song choice. I just also don't see much artistry from you either. There's more here than Mariah but I'm still trying to figure out who you are whereas the frontrunners in this competition are statements and we know who they are. This was amazing and beautiful...but we've heard it all before and this song is soooo overused. Still, you deserved the win.

*doesnt steal*

open group

THE VOICE • SEASON 1

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!