This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

KNOCKOUT #4 - SILVER ADAMS vs TOYA MARS

Topic » KNOCKOUT #4 - SILVER ADAMS vs..

2169 days 17 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
#TeamJanelle

Silver -

Vs

Toya -
2169 days 17 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
*heavily applauds*
2169 days 16 hours ago
DJ2722
*standing ovation*

These knockout battles have me shook. Like they’re amazing. You both did amazing and I would buy both of your performances on iTunes. They were really great. However I do believe that Silver just outshined Toya tonight. Both of you showed amazing range, but I just felt something so unique with Silver’s performance, while I’ve heard many “Toya” performances throughout this entire competition. I believe to be an artist, you have to bring something new and unique to the table, and I really believe Silver showcased that tonight.

Also, Silver, that dress is lovely; I love your fashion.
2169 days 16 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
*nods slightly, considering options*
2169 days 13 hours ago
SurvivorFreak13
Silver, I think you started off a little bit shaky and flat if I'm to be completely honest. I don't think you ever really got out of that until the chorus, but I thoroughly enjoyed when you did. It was simple with not a lot of background instruments but you still shined through.

Toya, this was really pretty, you have such a deep rich tone. It was a bit subtle until you actually got there, where that grit and rasp really came out. I could hear you almost losing it and really pushing yourself to the edge on some of those notes.

Both were good performances, not performances that are jaw dropping or forever memorable, I think Toya might edge out Silver ever so slightly.
2169 days 13 hours ago
Silver09
https://media.giphy.com/media/l5eJZyEl8SHh6/giphy.gif
2167 days 17 hours ago
BritishRomeo17
https://i.gyazo.com/68c424f653daf63efbef787ea70539da.gif
2166 days 17 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
*heavily applauds*

Well, Ari hasn’t posted yet, and there’s clear rules, so I’m just gonna go ahead *glares at ariana*

Basically, I was gonna try to go more into the perspective as what the other coaches think, and... it was split down the middle here..

Both of you, in my opinion, have consistently delivered, and this was not any different..

I’m sort of regretting my decision honestly!

I am not completely sure in my own choice right now, but let me talk this out

Silver, this almost felt like the sequel to your battle round, and that’s really cool, but I kind of wish you directly talked about this performance with me BEFORE you posted this, not be like “oh I really liked this performance so I used it”, but this was really a great song and vocal, not perfect, but that’s not important to me... I feel like your future in this game could be hit or miss though, as I certainly know you’ve discussed doing a rap performance with me, and I want to explore that field, but this certainly is heading in a different direction, imo, so I want more certainty with you, and more of a specific direction.

Toya doesn’t have that problem AT ALL, she knows where she’s going, she knows the artist she wants to be and i think is really nailing it...

So, although I think Silver has potential to be fatal in this game... Toya, I think you edge her out ever so slightly. This isn’t anything against you Silver, I love both of you, I hope you get stolen, there’s a potential wildcard in the next round, but I have such a good idea where Toya is going, and I’m excited for all of it. Toya, you won this for me.
2166 days 17 hours ago
BritishRomeo17
https://i.gyazo.com/68c424f653daf63efbef787ea70539da.gif
2166 days 17 hours ago
DJ2722
*slams steal button*

I may be crazy for using my steal this early, but I’d be even crazier to let you leave this competition. You have been a favorite of mine ever since your audition. I was the ONLY other coach to turn around for you, because I knew you were bringing something unique to this competition. Janelle is definitely making a huge mistake by letting you go, but I’m not going to make her mistakes. You have and always will belong on #TeamGaga
2165 days 15 hours ago
NicoleF
*claps loudly*

Honestly I heavily enjoyed both performances but there are artistry issues with both.

Silver, honestly so far in this competition you've been good but not good enough for me. Tonight, I loved your vocal! I felt the emotion and vulnerability in the song and you obviously have power. It took you awhile to find your footing but once you did it was amazing. I'm genuinely confused though. Based off your other two performances...this performance, although great, doesn't fit your image. Its very inconsistent with your journey.

Toya, you were, once again, utterly stunning! You can carry a tune out of this world! Like you actually made this a rendition I like more than the original itself. The power and control are out of this world and I am just inspired and in awe of your vocal prowess and prestige. My issue with you, though, is that on our previous series, you were India Carney and only did performances from India, showing 0 diversity. Now, even though you're Toya Mars, the last two performances have been from Amanda Cole. Although they've been great performances, I'd like to see you stretch out your wings and fly both artistically and metaphorically. Do I think you're amazing and deserve to go far? Yes. Do I think you're a contender? Not yet but very close. To me, once you show some diversity and flexibility, you'll be a MAJOR contender!

Anyways...sorry Silver but grats on Gaga stealing you. *doesnt steal*

open group

THE VOICE • SEASON 1

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!