This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

BATTLE #18 - SELENA vs VIOLA WINSTON

Topic » BATTLE #18 - SELENA vs VIOLA..

2168 days 16 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
#TeamJanelle

Selena -

Viola -
2168 days 16 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
*standing ovation, waits for other judges*
2168 days 1 hour ago
NicoleF
*standing ovation*

Okay I'm giving my standing ovation for a specific artist and am only clapping for the other. Let's start with Selena.

Selena, this was so beautifully put together and I love the confidence to go along with the stunning vocals but it came off a little odd at times. Like just the placement of some vocals felt...off. It felt very strained at times when you tried to belt and it felt like you could've made those notes but didn't build up to your full potential. Also this is a little too different from your audition for my taste and not emotional enough. Still it was solid.

Holy hell Viola! Girl you are a frontrunner, a competitor, a star! I will admit that it was a little weak and breathy in the beginning and super shaky but god hot damn...that build-up! This voice was just so deeply filled with emotion and soul! I felt personality ooze out of your voice! This was stunning! And then you belted the shit out of the song! And oh boy can you belt! My whole body is quaking at your performance and I can't function properly! Goosebumps all over! Perfect job!

The winner of this battle for me is, obviously, Viola!
2167 days 15 hours ago
SurvivorFreak13
I will just say I think you both did an excellent job! Selena, you sounded so fresh, so current. You never had a sour note in the bunch. You were consistently great in your tone. Viola, you did amazing. I just love the rasp and grit in your voice. You seemed to really pack this performance with a lot of emotion.

I would probably give slight edge to Viola only because of the circumstance of who is singing - but great job on both ends.
2164 days 11 hours ago
DJ2722
*standing ovation*

Both of these performances were absolutely perfect. I couldn’t hear a single flaw in either one of them. And you really can’t make a right or wrong decision, Janelle.

Selena, both of your performances were absolutely amazing. Ariana said something that caught me off guard though, about how this performance was “too different from your audition”. I for one think that’s complete bullshit as you were asked to sing a song that was nothing like what you auditioned with. You did absolutely amazing. It doesn’t matter what style or genre you’re asked to sing, you do amazing every time.

Viola, this was also a powerhouse performance, I mean it’s Aretha Franklin. You can’t do much better than her. But Selena really brought it tonight. Your voice in this performance had a little rasp to it and was sometimes conflicting with your back-up singers, but nonetheless you did amazing.

Like I said, Janelle can’t make a right or wrong decision here, but personally I’d have to choose Selena to win this battle.
2164 days 9 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
I’m not going to lie. I feel like you both brought it.

Viola, you seemed pretty shook Selena snatched Alicia from you, and although Ari thinks Alicia didn’t work for Selena, I disagree!

I knew I wanted you to do English, Selena, and you were so eager to choose Natural Woman, I feel like you have a lot of tricks up your sleeve still, and I think Alicia has a similar soul to the late great Selena, so I commend your performance. It wasn’t perfect, but it really felt the song, and your soul shines through, i loved it.

Viola, you nailed it too, and so far you have been consistently amazing, I regret pairing you 2 together because I’m scared to lose either of you!

I have to say, I think I can work more with one of you, and it means losing an incredible talent.

The winner of this battle is Selena.
2164 days 7 hours ago
Aquarius_
Thank You so much you, you won't regret it and you did great Viola it was fun going against you
2153 days 5 hours ago
SurvivorFreak13
*steals*
2151 days 8 hours ago
NicoleF
*slams on steal button*

HOLY HELL! My comments say it all! I want you Viola badly!
2150 days 5 hours ago
VictoriaW
I will have to pick Nicole;)

Me when I thought I was already out of the game lmfao<3

open group

THE VOICE • SEASON 1

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!