This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

BATTLE #17 - STORMER SUMMERS vs BIRKARAN DHILLON

Topic » BATTLE #17 - STORMER SUMMERS..

2187 days ago
Kaseyhope101
#TeamAri

Stormer -

Birkaran -
2187 days ago
Kaseyhope101
*standing ovation*
I loved both of you girls performances, and this is arguably the best technical battle because it felt like you girls actually did use a similar arrangement, so out of all the battles so far, this definitely felt like the most real BATTLE, I doubt that was intentional, but it worked so well

Stormer, your audition was such a risk, because you picked such an upbeat simple song, and this song choice really gave you a chance to stretch your range and showcase your gift, and I genuinely feel like you did it super well... sadly you got placed against a really big competitor in this game and also sadly the vocal editing in this performance, in my opinion, really detracted from your performance as a whole, but you still did great and I really like what you did with the song. If it wasn’t for the vocal editing, I’d say I might’ve chosen you to win, but now it’s not as black and white.

Birkaran, you weren’t vocally perfect, but your voice was so raw and real and I felt like you really felt the song, I feel like your artistry was really showcased here, and this also showcased a new side of you not shown in auditions, and if I had to pick who won this battle... I think you are the whole package, and you won for me.
2186 days 14 hours ago
Birks4444
Eeeeeeeek thank you!!!!

*Performance ends and hugs Stormer, teary eyed*
*Thanks Janelle for the AMAZING WORDS*
2186 days 9 hours ago
NicoleF
*claps happily and waits for the rest of the judges' opinions*
2185 days 23 hours ago
SurvivorFreak13
Another great battle for this set!

Stormer, you sounded very consistent. I don't think there was a time you landed above or below the pitch, sharp or flat. I agree with Janelle, because there was some clear vocal editing or enhancing, but I don't think that takes away from you as a singer.

Birkaran, you sounded really beautiful throughout, I think you made a great artistic choice by slowing down the tempo a bit. I really loved those notes where you went up an octave for each syllable, your falsetto was pretty. I'd probably agree that you were the winner this time.
2183 days 14 hours ago
Birks4444
*waits for the deliberation*
2182 days 20 hours ago
DJ2722
*standing ovation*

This song is one of my favorites of all time, and it’s a great song that allows you to showcase your full power and potential. And I feel that you both did that in your performances.

Stormer, obviously this sounded amazing. But what I really disliked about your performance is all of the extra vocal editing and auto tune. Like I want to see LIVE performances of your actual voice, and that’s not what you showed us.

Birkaran, I agree with Janelle that this wasn’t perfect when it comes to vocal ability, but I believe you did such a beautiful rendition of the song, and it was sung with a lot of pure emotion and pure talent, that it was enough to carry you through to the next round.

I say that the winner of this battle, is Birkaran.
2181 days 15 hours ago
NicoleF
Okay so both of you ladies were amazing!

Stormer, your voice was so strong and steady with a shit ton of consistency! It was so nice in tone and pitch and you could really tell that you had confidence within the song. I do agree with the other judges that it sucks that you had the digital editing within your vocals but nonetheless it was still great! There was a lot of improvement from your audition and it was noticeable!

Birkaran, you are a star. I loved how we stripped you back in this performance and expanded this vulnerable side to your artistry and voice. You kept the emotion from the first performance and exuded it here so effortlessly! Your voice demands people to listen and you keep them captured throughout the performance. Your falsetto felt and sounded so easy and professional! This wasn't perfect technically but from a performance standpoint, I adored it! Great job!

I love you both but based off of the emotion and potential, the winner of this battle is Birkaran!
2181 days 14 hours ago
Birks4444
*screams and almost faints*
*runs up to hug Ariana Grande*

Tysm Coach Ari! Hopefully I'll make you proud in the knockouts :)
2171 days 13 hours ago
Birks4444
Steal? No steal?
2171 days 13 hours ago
SurvivorFreak13
*doesn't steal*

open group

THE VOICE • SEASON 1

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!