This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

BATTLE #15 - NIKE HAYES vs THE WINNER

Topic » BATTLE #15 - NIKE HAYES vs THE..

2171 days ago
Kaseyhope101
#TeamAri

Nike -

The Winner -
2170 days 23 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
*claps*

This was a great song choice, but again, I feel like there were a few missed opportunities here, but this time it could also allow for a different path being taken in the future if Ariana decides to take it.

Right now I feel like you, The Winner, are being portrayed in a foggy light, because I feel like you could’ve done a much more POWERFUL rendition of this song that could’ve went in a progressive line with your audition, but it’s interesting you took a more artistic approach that can almost make you into a more rocky alternative vocalist if you wanted, or if Ariana wanted. I’m unsure if that was your objective, but this entire vibe was really pointing in a more alternative direction, and that’s interesting.

Nike, vocally I’d say arguably you were stronger than The Winner HERE, plus as a male vocalist that’s definitely something that could give you an even bigger edge, but I feel as though coaching wise, I wouldn’t know if I’d pick you or not, as it’s more black and white.

It depends how Ariana wants to sculpt her team, because both of you are VERY intriguing now moreso than you were before, I’d say. One of you were more consistent, Nike, but like consistency could be viewed as predictable if it continues in this direction, but that is not an issue NOW.

This was definitely a battle I had a lot to SAY about, but it’s pretty even in my opinion, I’m interested in how Ari decides.
2170 days 20 hours ago
DJ2722
*standing ovation*

My judgements going to be very biased, but I don’t care. I’m not the one making the decision anyways =|

Both of you sounded great, both performances had a lot of powerful notes, but like, it’s Christina Grimmie. You can’t beat her, ya know unless you’re the two who got 1st and 2nd in her season of The Voice.

Putting aside the fact that it’s Christina Grimmie and I love her (RIP), her performance just had more dynamic to it and sounded nicer.

So like, my biased ass says the winner is The Winner. Good luck tho!
2170 days 12 hours ago
jason_2_12
I was not impressed by either, Nike - it was flat your voice was okay but just flat, very boring, The Winner, nice voice but again that song has so much room to kill it and neither of you did! I’d give a slight edge to The Winner but neither did very well! Goodluck!
2169 days 5 hours ago
SurvivorFreak13
Nike, I think you sounded pretty decent throughout. But I just don't think this was a good showcase of your chops ultimately to win the battle. For some reason, there was a tin-y echo-y sound that read as kind of autotune like. Some of your notes were bordering a "Disney villain" scream. However, your tone sounded pretty good.

Winner, I think you stuck to your name. There was a liltiness in your voice that read as really beautiful. I think your tone could use a little bit of maturing, but overall, I did think you beat Nike out.
2168 days 22 hours ago
NicoleF
These were both great with minor errors and flaws in each.

Nike, I felt the power and emotion throughout the piece and it was obvious that you were invested. I felt moved by your performance and felt the passion! It was all amazing until the ending! I feel like with Skyscraper, you need to show vulnerability and hurt but you showed too much hurt and not enough vulnerability to the point where it came off as super aggressive and actually scary when you belted out near the end...and not scary in a good way.

Winner, I feel that you really knocked out of the park! This performance showed vulnerability and innocence while still portraying a sense of hurt. I felt the emotion scream through the piece and the dedication was there. You went out of tune near the end as the big note was a little too much to handle. You sounded good with control until then and it wasn’t horribly bad, just an obvious flaw. Still you showed potential and promise within the song and made me have hope that you could actually turn into the Winner! :P

Therefore, based on performance and potential, Winner is the winner of this battle!
2168 days 22 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
I don’t have any more steals left, and I’m not gonna say I would steal for this, but it was great, I applaud you Nike!
2168 days 20 hours ago
DJ2722
*doesnt steal*

Sorry!
2152 days 17 hours ago
SurvivorFreak13
*doesn't steal*

open group

THE VOICE • SEASON 1

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!