This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

BATTLE #5 - MONIQUE KYZVALIS VS LENA-ROSE

Topic » BATTLE #5 - MONIQUE KYZVALIS..

2195 days 23 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
#TeamBeck

Monique :

Lena-Rose :
2195 days 23 hours ago
SurvivorFreak13
I will post my reaction to my team after the other judges do, but good job to both of you.
2195 days 23 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
*standing ovation*

I am SHOOOOOOK... I’ll start out with a generalization I feel like this song put both of you outside of your comfort zone and I love that, you guys found ways to make it your own and that’s GREAT.

Monique, I feel as though you kind of threw your audition to the side and tried to give off a fresh new image, and I actually get that because you only did get one chair, but I do think that you could’ve taken a different approach on this song, personally. This was a great vocal, but it felt like you strayed too far from your independence from the auditions, but honestly I didn’t look for performances of Skyfall, maybe just none worked for you. This was clearly a great vocal though, good on you!

Lena-Rose, at first I thought you were going in a different direction doing a non-opera, but then Jesus you had me SHOOK when you got in your opera zone. My new aesthetic is normal performances going into opera, it’s ICONIC. I think this even opens up options for you in the future, if you do make it.

This is a close battle, but I’d pick Lena-Rose just for that arrangement!
2195 days 23 hours ago
DJ2722
*standing ovation*

Both of you did absolutely terrific. However, I do have some notes.

Monique, Your performance was drenched with power. But at the same time, this performance felt rather dry to me. I believe it would’ve worked perfectly as an audition performance, but this is the battles, and the bar is raised and it only gets harder from here.

Lena-Rose, You brought an amazing operatic, original style to this song and made it your own. It was beautifully done. My only note to you, is be careful with your enunciation. Don’t throw away your words, make sure that every word you sing has that clear dynamic to it.

Based off of these performances, I believe that Lena-Rose won this battle.
2195 days 22 hours ago
NicoleF
*claps heavily*

Monique, I felt the power and command you demanded throughout your performance on the stage tonight! I just wish you would’ve done a little something for to impress us while also making the song your own! Still, though, it was beautifully done! It’s just...you went up against Lena-Rose and I was hoping for a bit more oomph.

Lena-Rose, holy fucking shit! That was amazeballs! The transition into operatic vocals still has me shook! The last note of your rendition has me quaking! You surpassed all expectations coming into this and tonight, my dear, you’re a glimmering star! You felt so comfortable and natural up there and ended up providing a professional, unique, haunting performance that demanded everyone’s attention! Great job!!! GREAT!
2195 days 17 hours ago
jason_2_12
YAS YAS YAS

Monique, you were fabulous, a real diva performance you performed with class and style! At parts I felt your voice couldn’t handle some notes and it went slightly flat, Lena-Rose - your voice is stunning I think you could give this competition a real go, with performances like that wow I have nothing other than that to say you’re favulaoius!
2195 days 10 hours ago
MvrshmallowCat
i love getting robbed because of my opponents song choice
2195 days 4 hours ago
LenaRose
I don't want to cause drama but this decision was agree by Monique (Mvrshmallowcat) after I suggested it.
I have the screenshot to prove it
https://imgur.com/a/4mgTy
Blue are my comments, Red are Monique's
I drew out some of my tabs for confidentiality of people and my personal life that I don't want shared on Tengaged.
2195 days 1 hour ago
MvrshmallowCat
^ Yeah, I know I agreed but idk why I did
2194 days 21 hours ago
SurvivorFreak13
I must say I am very proud of you both. I don't like that this caused riffs between you, and I hope that one of you gets stolen.

On this battle I am going with Lena-Rose. I loved that she had the operatics and changed it up. I think it got a little bit overdone, but we can reign that in and do very well.

Monique you did great but there was just something missing with the passion. I truly hope you are stolen! Good luck :)
2194 days 21 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
*doesnt steal*

I don’t really know who you are as an artist, and I can’t risk with only a steal left, sorry! You did great though
2194 days 20 hours ago
MvrshmallowCat
ugh
2194 days 20 hours ago
DJ2722
*doesnt steal*

Sorry!
2194 days 20 hours ago
NicoleF
*doesnt steal*

I’m sorry! I just didn’t resonate with me! You were just outshined tonight my dear! Best of luck! You were amazing still!
2194 days 19 hours ago
MvrshmallowCat
Honestly I wished Beck would've just selected songs for everyone, not let us pick, but thanks for having me
2194 days 19 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
Don’t be discouraged you did so good still

open group

THE VOICE • SEASON 1

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!