This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Task #9

Topic » Task #9

2223 days 18 hours ago
MJFJUNE
Congrats everyone on making it to Task #9. Last task truly shows that this is the right final 5.

And now your task...
The Mall Of America in Bloomington, Minnesota has around 520 stores. One of those is Toys R Us and, as you all know, they're closing every store. That leaves a vacant store. The mall has asked us to find a new and innovative store that'll draw customers. That's where you all come in...you must make your own store! It can be anything from Toys to hardware to grocery store to candle shop, ANYTHING!

If any of you have questions feel free to ask!

You have until 6 PM EST TOMORROW (MONDAY)! You will then present and if you can't make it let me know ASAP.
2223 days 15 hours ago
Loopspeare
2222 days 18 hours ago
MJFJUNE
Hello everyone. Before when get to the presentations I have some news...
2222 days 18 hours ago
Kgamer2218
If it's double firing rip me
2222 days 18 hours ago
MichelleFitzgerald
Good night guys, i have something to say

I have talked to Zyler and this week i can't follow the group, i have a lot of stuff to do at the University so i can't continue here

I am really sorry, but i hope the best of you win, i really wish you the best of luck :)))

Thank you all and in special thank you Zyler for the oportunity <3
2222 days 18 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
Oh so a single firing?
2222 days 18 hours ago
Kgamer2218
Anyway good luck with University
2222 days 18 hours ago
MJFJUNE
Thank you for participating, Mich.

Now, I would like to confirm that there will STILL be a firing tonight...now onto presentations.

Idc who goes first
2222 days 18 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
I’ll go
2222 days 18 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
Hello beautiful people, this is my concept for a takeover for Toys’R’Us.

If you go back 10 years, Video Rental Stores and such were on the RAGE.

Hollywood Videos, Blockbuster, Netflix started out as one, I’ll have you remember.

Then, the technology era of iTunes, new school Netflix, Hulu, and etc. have taken over.

But, the new new era of America has been going back in time with redoing innovation with concepts such as vinyl and even 13 Reasons Why is bringing back cassette tapes.

Come with me in my time machine, and let’s bring back DVD rental stores.

https://imgur.com/a/6dMwN

Now, you may be saying “well, this is stupid”, but is it really?

When I want to go out and get a DVD, I gotta go to TARGET, and with Kaseyhood Videos, you can get WHATEVER… it’s just Video themed.

You don’t have to rent the videos, you can buy them, and if you get 3, you can get a coupon! If we don’t have a movie you’re looking for, we’ll get them in stock and save them for you! You can get popcorn, butter for your popcorn, a popcorn machine, movie theater candy, it’s basically a movie theatre without the screens… oh wait? Without the screen you’re saying? In the backroom we have multiple movie projectors playing a variety of the latest movies that can be found on DVD now playing in the backroom, that you can watch… FOR FREE!

You also can buy movie posters, soundtracks, and really anything you can think of that has to do with the cinema, you’ll be able to find here.

It may seem like a step back, but it’s bringing ideas from the past back and putting them in the present, making it an innovative step forward.

Thank you, and I hope you enjoy your stay at the theater!
2222 days 18 hours ago
chris2pei
Good evening Chairman Zyler and Advisors!

I’m Chris Vineyard and will present to you the store I would like propose. I’m thinking an innovating and draw a lot of customers and this is the first idea pop in my mind. But first, in creating a store, there are things that must be consider:

•        Is there a need for your anticipated products/services?
•        Who needs it?
•        Are there other companies offering similar products/services now?
•        What is the competition like?
•        How will your business fit into the market?

I suggest to make a retail store selling products like books (majority), office supplies, school supplies,  and office furnitures. This store will be called “Pahina” the Filipino word for ‘pages’.

Trademark of Pahina: https://imgur.com/a/yNFwU

Pahina  ultimately focused on selling reading books like novels, comics, and etc..  Just to let everyone know, with partnership of Pahina & Wattpad,  (an online website/mobile application for readers and writers where one can discover new user-generated stories, spanning across different genres.) we created a “Watty Corner”  where Wattpad user’s success novel will be published as a book and sell in Pahina. This aims to inspired aspiring even frustrating writer out there to give some motivation and to fulfilled their dreams. 

I must say that Pahina meets the need of our products/services. This is all needed by every ages, students, office workers, bookworms, etc. Even though Pahina and other companies have some similiarities in offering products/services, here in Pahina you can find our Watty Corner and our hospitable staffs. I am proud to say that this store is fit into the market and should placed in the vacant store in The Mall Of America in Bloomington, Minnesota because of it’s trendy and absoluetely draw a lot of customers.

That’s all for my presentation. Thank you so much for listening and have a pleasant night.
2222 days 18 hours ago
Kgamer2218
Hello chairman and advisors today sometimes when your at the grocery store and want something new  but you never know how its going to taste but with my new store you will definitely  with my store called sampleshop.

Slogan: the tastier it is the better you buy.

When you enter the shop the sign is a big and orange letter spelling out sampleshop.When you enter a person will greet you and ask for you sampling or sampling and buying. Then they will had you a iPad with a blank list on it and then a search bar at the top of the iPad. Then you will enter the store and see many aisle of foods and different items. My store works like this you will see a food that looks interesting or tv dinner or whatever that is edible .Then in front of the food there is a plate of the food which is a little piece of it spread around the plate maybe 20 pieces. Then you will taste it and if you like it you go on your iPad and search up the food name and add it to your cart. When you are finally done with your shopping/sampling you will hit the done button and it will register to the back with all the food and it will notify the employees back their. Then their will be  a waiting section where you can wait for your grocery to pick up and when you get it your done for the day with grocery shopping at sampleshop.
Some foods brands we have at sampleshop are
Hamburger helper
Chef boyardee
Quaker
And many more we have lots of selection here

My shop is going to make sure you get foods you actually like.
2222 days 18 hours ago
MJFJUNE
Matty couldn't make it but he sent me his presentation so I'll post it
2222 days 18 hours ago
MJFJUNE
When I heard about this task, I was really excited since I have been to the Mall of America a few times. I knew that I wanted to create a store that was more than another clothing store, more than another coffee shop, and I knew that I needed to create something totally new and innovative that the Mall of America hasn't seen yet. After brainstorming a lot and thinking it over I have come up with an amazing, smart, creative idea that I hope you understand, support, and believe in just as much as I do. I would like to welcome you all to the new Mall of America success story: Kiosk+

Kiosk+ is your expert personalized shopper for the Mall of America. When a customer walks into the store, they will be greeted by one of our expert fashion consultants, and together they will sit down for a consultation. Our expert stylist will ask our customer several questions to get a sense of their personal style, what they are looking for, their sizes, and what brands they typically like to shop at. With that information our expert stylist will then travel the mall with our customer as their personal mall tour guide. Our stylist will go into different stores with our customer, pick out clothes for them to try on, and ensure that they have a wonderful shopping experience while getting more creative, fresh, and trendy with their wardrobe. Having a personalized shopper help navigate that 500+ stores will ensure that customers get the most out of their time spent at the mall, plus they won't have to worry about putting outfits together since our stylist will do all of that for them. They simply get to enjoy the fun part of shopping which is trying on new clothes and enjoying how well they'll look in their new trendy threads.

With the online shopping market constantly increasing, I thought it would be a good idea to match the two worlds of retail and online shopping with Kiosk+. With this service, a customer can go online to the Mall of America or the Kiosk+ website to find our service. There, the customer will take a survey/questionnaire, so our expert stylists can get a good sense of their fashion just as they would in the store. In the online option however, our stylist will go to different stores and select clothing for the online customer themselves. The online customer will then be able to come into the store, try on the several clothing options specifically picked out for them in one of our fitting rooms, pay for the items they want, and choose to have us return the items they don't want. Customers will have the ease of online shopping from home, but the luxury of being able to try on all of their options before making any purchases. This also eliminates the hassle of worrying about returning clothes bought online. This really is the best of both worlds pairing retail and online shopping.

Customers will only have to pay for the clothes that they decide to buy while using the Kiosk+ service. Kiosk+ is really built to funnel money back into the Mall of America as well as back to the many shops within the mall. The Kiosk+ store will then make a percentage of money from the sales that Kiosk+ just provided for the stores around the mall. Since the service of Kiosk+ is free to the customer, more and more people will start using it once they realize how wonderful the service is. This will only bring in more and more money to the mall and the several shops there. It's genius!

Part 2:

I understand that not everyone goes to the Mall of America to shop for clothes. I myself didn't buy a lot of clothes when I was there. However, Kiosk+ can still help those customers out looking for other things to do or shop for at the mall. Anyone customer can come into our store and ask for advice on which stores to go to that will fit their shopping needs whether that's clothing, food, attractions, home goods, beauty products, etc. Our expert mall tour guides will have the knowledge to work out a map for the customers to make their mall trip efficient, so they don't miss out on anything. As the business of Kiosk+ grows, there could be more expert consultants who could then help customers shop for anything and everything at the mall as well. There is potential for this service to only grow and be more and more successful.

I hope you see the potential with this new store and love the idea just as much as I do.

Thank you so much for your time.
2222 days 18 hours ago
MJFJUNE
My advisers and I will now look over your stores
2222 days 18 hours ago
MJFJUNE
We have reached a decision....

There were 2 big standouts for this challenge but ultimately we decided that the winner of this task was
Matty, congratulations you've made the final 3!

Kyle, K.C, and Chris that means you 3 will be entering the BR

open group

MJF The Apprentice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!