This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Task #3

Topic » Task #3

2212 days 5 hours ago
MJFJUNE
Congrats everyone on making it to Task #3.

Once again, Kendall & Matty as outgoing PMs I would PREFER someone else on your team takes the position BUT in the event no one does there is no penalty in being PM back to back.

Now on to the task!

Apps are everywhere you look. On Phones, Laptops, and even Kindles! There are apps for fitness, cooking, gaming, and even ones to predict your bowel movements (not joking).

The App Store has contacted me and my advisers and asked us to help them create the next big thing! That's where y'all come in.....

Your goal is to create an app. There's literally no limits as to what can be done but try and make it as unique as possible. How you present the app and what you put into it is 100% up to you. And no, you don't need to pay to make an actual app.

You have until 6:30 PM EST TOMORROW (Friday)! The PM will then present and if they can't make it let me know ASAP.

AND REMEMBER, I SPY ON THE CHATS SO WORK WORK WORK!
2211 days 8 hours ago
MJFJUNE
Before we present can each teams please confirm their PMs to me?
2211 days 8 hours ago
aria_grande
The pm for Empire is Brainjak
2211 days 8 hours ago
MichelleFitzgerald
Im the PM from Team 42
2211 days 8 hours ago
MJFJUNE
Jayson for Empire
Mich for Team 42

Okie dokie, whoever wants to go first can
2211 days 8 hours ago
MichelleFitzgerald
Good night Chairman and Advisors !!
I am glad to show you the APP from the Team 42, called  "EasyTrip"
https://imgur.com/a/e6kLG
This APP will have two options if you are going to a trip: have a car or haven't it.
> CAR DRIVER:
Are you tired Google Maps is always losing you all the time by their "fastest" route?
The first part of our app will help you when you decide to drive your car to a trip.
This application will inform you of everything: if there are speed controls on the road, which is the safest route and above all if the road you are using is paid or not.
In addition, this application includes a device that will help you find parking easily and as close as possible to your hotel or apartment (this part of the app can be used even if you are not traveling)
https://imgur.com/a/RHQVR
Futhermore , our map will also provide you with the safest routes so you do not enter the dangerous neighborhoods of the city, yes we know it could be faster but also it could be more dangerous!!!

> HAVE NOT A CAR:
As everyone knows, tourists are always cannon fodder, a source of easy money. Are you tired of feeling that they take advantage of you when you visit a city?
With this application you will find the essentials that you must know from the city you are visiting, such as:
-The cheapest means of transport to get to know the city
-The famous restaurants or the most economical, it is up to you but sometimes it could be both!!!
-All the places you can not miss from the city you are visiting.
In addition, if you love wandering, you have not to be worried about get in some bad places, because we have the option to warn you, in the event you are walking around some dangerous place.

Thank you for your attention and of course, good luck to Empire :)
2211 days 8 hours ago
BrainJak
Hello and for this task we chose to do an app that has global importance in today’s modern society. This app includes the theme of ‘Calorie counting’ and will include a library of different recipes that will be good for a person counting the Calories.
Because of this theme we have called our app ‘Yumzr’. We have chosen this name because in our eyes it means where you can flick through many recipes and choose if they want to put it into favourites or get rid of the recipe.
There will be another element of the app which includes a type of reverse search which will let you put a selection of ingredients in a search bar and you will be able to find a recipe that will correspond with the different ingredients you have put in.
Another element of the app would be that every person who has an account could post on their pages what they have made and what they thought of it. We feel that this will increase popularity of the app because it is proven that quitting something or eating healthily/ losing weight is better if you do it with other people.
So Kendall also checked the market for this type of app and she saw that it wasn’t a big thing in apple store and google play store. This means that the app could be very easy to make money from because of its small field of work and it being a near unique design for an app.
We also chose to have a special app purchase which meant to have an actual calorie counter and we would also have dieticians to help with the counting for people. With this purchase it would also include a calorie calendar which could show the user what they had lost and could make goals to eat less and help them.
2211 days 8 hours ago
MJFJUNE
Well that was fast lmao

Ok, my advisers and I will now look over both! A decision will be made by 6:50
2211 days 8 hours ago
BrainJak
*prays*
2211 days 8 hours ago
aria_grande
mjf remember to put hoop out from the last round
2211 days 8 hours ago
MJFJUNE
Both were good apps.

I have some questions to help make my decision...

Empire, what sets this app apart from Pinterest or Food Network?

Team 42, what sets this app apart from Travelocity or Waze?
2211 days 8 hours ago
aria_grande
well with both of them they only show a certain type of what we do. And I feel we do much more than what they offer as a company
2211 days 8 hours ago
MichelleFitzgerald
I have to confess i dont know these apps, but EasyTrip is focus on the tourist, because when you are travelling, you are always worried about, should i enter in the restaurant or should i take this way or the other to see the monument im looking for...

I have been this semester in Italy, and sometimes Google Maps takes some routes in some areas in the city that are dangerous and I have some scares, that's for why we got the idea to create that app
2211 days 8 hours ago
aria_grande
okay so rsults
2211 days 8 hours ago
BrainJak
Hang on I can answer your question if you want?
2211 days 8 hours ago
chris2pei
go go Michelle!
*prays for the results

open group

MJF The Apprentice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!