This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Hell's Kitchen (Reward)

Topic » Hell's Kitchen (Reward)

2256 days 12 hours ago
Dmpwb45
This challenge is super simple and easy. You've all been random.org'd into "Sub-Teams" meaning you will be playing against your teammates for this one challenge only. Each of you 3 will be given a task (Appetizer, Main or Dessert). Your goal is to find a recipe in your category and send it to me, but there's a few catches

1. You'll be ranked on 4 key points (Each out of 5 stars)
- Appearance (How it looks)
- Taste preference (My personal taste preference. This isn't something you can control as much as guess. This challenge will be cool cause I'm a very fussy eater. I'll be a real Gordon Ramsey this week)
- How well they compliment each other (Does your dish go with your sub-teammates dishes?)
- Originality (How outside the box you went, but don't go too crazy. It still has to be good)

2. When you're ready you must send me in your recipe, but I'll only accept the first submission (like Tap the Frog)

3. Your link must show a picture of the food along with having a complete list of the recipes

I will now announce the sub-teams. For those of you that like suspense. Here's a screenshotted video. Those who don't, you can scroll below

Team 1
Philip13 - Appetizer
Peterparker16 - Main
me2013 - Dessert

Team 2
RealJacksonWalsh - Appetizer
mystergame2 - Main
Emmett4 - Dessert

Team 3
Hufus - Appetizer
lhooper902976 - Main
QueenFrossy - Dessert

Team 4
Chandlerp1996 - Appetizer
RedWing91 - Main
Garrett5 - Dessert

Team 5
TR1364 - Appetizer
Obstreperous - Main
Kgamer2218 - Dessert

Team 6
FireX - Appetizer
LaFierceBrittany2 - Main
Sunfire - Dessert

Team 7
pikaplayer - Appetizer
thewolfman - Main
RL10 - Dessert

Team 8
Congratulations Novamax243! You were the last person standing. You get to full control of which Appetizer, Main AND Dessert you choose. Not sure if that's better or worse, but at least you aren't dependant on anyone

You may submit your recipes to me anytime from now until Friday @5pmPT. Remember to talk to eachother and if you forget your sub-teams, they are displayed below your players on the front page (by number) Goodluck everyone!
2252 days 12 hours ago
RealJacksonWalsh
Here!
2252 days 12 hours ago
me2013
Hi
2252 days 12 hours ago
Dmpwb45
Omg my phone died! Without further adue though

Welcome to Hell’s Kitchen everyone! Please have a seat. In a moment I’ll present the scores for the meals. If you want to see your score you can scroll for it, or read everything for dramatic effect, or (you know the drill by now) scroll down until you see 🚨MUST READ FROM HERE BELOW🚨 and that’ll sum up everything you need to know

Team 1
Philip13 - Appetizer - Coconut and Lime Battered Shrimp
https://imgur.com/a/NcxBa
-Appearance (4/5)
Shrimps look good as hell, but it’s not “perfect”
-Taste preference (4/5)
Nailed it with this one. I love coconut shrimp (and lime)
-How well they compliment each other (2/5)
In all honestly the meals themselves are amazing, but I couldn’t imagine myself having all of these meals in one sitting. They don’t seem like they’d come together in a combo, or a munch platter naturally
-Originality (3/5)
Coconut shrimp isn’t a basic way to cook a shrimp, but it isn’t a secret recipe by any means either
Total : 13

Peterparker16 - Main - Chicken Breast with Sautéed Mushrooms
https://imgur.com/a/azUfz
-Appearance (4/5)
This looks wicked good, the picture made me hungry
-Taste preference (4/5)
I’m a sucker for Chicken and Mushrooms. My favourite meat and my favourite vegetable. The only reason you didn’t get a 5 is because I rarely hand those out
In all honestly the meals themselves are amazing, but I couldn’t imagine myself having all of these meals in one sitting. They don’t seem like they’d come together in a combo, or a munch platter naturally
-Originality (2/5)
Even though I love this dish, it isn’t too out of the box
Total : 12

me2013 - Dessert - Triple Chocolate Cheesecake with Vanilla Ice Cream and Strawberries
https://imgur.com/a/E5rl8
-Appearance (4/5)
Cutesy and cartoony looking. Something you’d see in a bakery window where they have bubbles and stuff
-Taste preference (3/5)
The pairing is perfect, I’m just not a huge fan of vanilla or strawberry surprisingly. I would still eat this in a heartbeat though
-Originality (3/5)
Cheesecake itself isn’t too abnormal, but Triple Chocolate isn’t a flavour I see or have often. Vanilla ice-cream though is pretty average
Final Total : 37

Team 2
RealJacksonWalsh - Appetizer - Bacon and Jalapeño Mac & Cheese
https://goo.gl/KUXN2b
-Appearance (3/5)
Nothing about them “jump at me” but I can imagine how they taste
-Taste preference (4/5)
Amazing combination. As a fellow white person I can’t say no to Mac and Cheese
-How well they compliment each other (3/5)
Well enough, but they don’t collectively form a theme I found
-Originality (3/5)
It’s a usually eaten type of Mac and cheese, but it’s still no where near boring flavour wise

mystergame2 - Main - Lemon Pepper Chicken
https://goo.gl/t5kXwJ
-Appearance (4/5)
Ridiculous good. I wanna dive in
-Taste preference (4/5)
One of my favourite things to make!
-Originality (3/5)
Fairly common, but still so delicious
Total : 14

Emmett4 - Dessert - Fried Ice Cream
http://i63.tinypic.com/20qb7gj.png
-Appearance (4/5)
Perfectly circular. This doesn’t look soggy at all
-Taste preference (4/5)
One of my favourite types of dessert. Never seen it with Cornflakes though, that’s sick
-Originality (3/5)
Fried ice cream isn’t anywhere near common or basic, but ice-cream itself is? This was a hard decision, I’m still on the fence lol
Final Total : 41

Team 3
Hufus - Appetizer - Roasted Poblano Queso Fundido
https://goo.gl/XnDqky
-Appearance (3/5)
Tasty looking, but somewhat abstract. No “design” in the cheese
-Taste preference (4/5)
You had me at cheese. And then again at “often paired with chorizo”
-How well they compliment each other (5/5)
Everything went amazing together! All the melted cheese. Yum-me
-Originality (3/5)
Never heard about this and it’s everything I’ve been missing. Although it technically is just cheese dip and that’s not “unheard of”
Total : 15

lhooper902976 - Main - Mexican Lasagna
https://goo.gl/VU2bpx
-Appearance (4/5)
Looks really good considering how hard it is to cut lasagna!
-Taste preference (1/5)
I can’t believe I’m giving out a 1, I told myself I wouldn’t. As much as I hate to say it, this is something out of my nightmares. Refried beans, salsa, and LASAGNA. My least favourite foods and had a baby and it’s this meal. You had no idea knowing (obvious) but I will admit it’s probably delicious for people who love authentic Mexican. Something about the “liquid” Mexican foods I can’t do
Everything went amazing together! All the melted cheese. Yum-me
-Originality (3/5)
I’ve never tried Mexican lasagna, it’s a cool twist

QueenFrossy - Dessert - Dulce De Leche Churro Donuts
https://goo.gl/uiwQL6
-Appearance (3/5)
Looks “imperfectly perfect”
-Taste preference (3/5)
Caramel isn’t a flavour I enjoy honestly, but you can’t go wrong with a churro donut
-How well they compliment each other (4/5)
I only docked 1 single point here cause, Churros being Mexican is a common misconception. It’s actually more from Spain and Portugal. I also would have accepted Philippines
-Originality (4/5)
This combination is no where near boring or used up. Churros and donuts coming together is heaven
Final Total : 42

Team 4
Chandlerp1996 - Appetizer - NO ENTRY
Total : 0

RedWing91 - Main - Ravioli with a vodka tomato sauce
https://imgur.com/a/q4Ha1 + https://imgur.com/a/U6FdB
-Appearance (3/5)
This decision tore me. It looks messy, but like an organized mess. I liked it
-Taste preference (3/5)
Tomatoes and me aren’t super friendly, but you can never go wrong with ravioli. That sauce looks crazy good
Great job guys, but I didn’t feel like the meals went together
-Originality (3/5)
Ravioli is pretty standard, but the vodka sauce kicks it up a bit
Total : 11

Garrett5 - Dessert - Better Than Sex Cake
https://goo.gl/FqCVb7
-Appearance (4/5)
If anything was to be better than sex it’d be this
-Taste preference (5/5)
Me and my mom used to make “Sex In a Pan” which I believe is basically the same. Seeing this recipe brought back such a nostalgic memory that I’d forgotten. Thank you Garrett
Great job guys, but I didn’t feel like the meals went together naturally. Plus I docked a point cause Chandler
-Originality  (5/5)
Haven’t heard of this or had it in ages. You nailed this dessert
Total : 16
Final Total : 27

Team 5
TR1364 - Appetizer - Cranberry Meatballs
goo.gl/j73VcS
-Appearance (3/5)
They look really cute, id definitely have a few of these. I love how tiny they are
-Taste preference (3/5)
I’m gonna be honest. I’m not a meatball fan, but these flavours sounded really really good. Sweet and spicy, I can imagine it. I love that they’re so tiny because something turns me off about like a giant meatball lol
I could see them going together, but also not really. I settled with 3 cause of the missing entry too
-Originality (4/5)
I’ve never heard of this before and since it changed my opinion of meatballs, mad props

Obstreperous - Main - Steak Dinner for Two
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7wXtuIqCT2c
-Appearance (3/5)
Looks juicy! Plated nicely too
-Taste preference (3/5)
Everything was excellent, just wasn’t huge on the paste that went on top of the steak. That salad looks bomb
I could see them going together, but also not really. I settled with 3 cause of the missing entry too
-Originality (3/5)
Steak isn’t too new, but that salad sure was

Kgamer2218 - Dessert - NO ENTRY
Final Total : 25

Team 6
FireX - Appetizer - NO ENTRY

LaFierceBrittany2 - Main - Blackened Mahi Tacos:
https://goo.gl/4Tn8KK
-Appearance (4/5)
This is honestly a pretty standard picture, but that chicken looked so good I had to bump it up
-Taste preference (3/5)
I had no idea Mahi was dolphin, that’s insane! I almost gave you a 4 again but Pico De Gallo isn’t high on my faves list
-How well they compliment each other (0/5)
I couldn’t score you on this, sorry :(
-Originality (4/5)
Love this idea. I imagine this in a nice restaurant like Earls or Cactus Club
Total : 11

Sunfire - Dessert - NO ENTRY
Final Total : 11

Team 7
pikaplayer - Appetizer - Big Italian Salad
https://goo.gl/sBSZD5
-Appearance (3/5)
Colourful and crisp looking. You can tell everything is fresh
-Taste preference (2/5)
I feel so bad, but I really dislike Italian Salad and there’s a lot of it here
Perfect Italian meal, everything works great together. All really light foods, you wouldn’t be too full from start to finish. I can see you were all on the same page for this one
-Originality (2/5)
Italian Salad is pretty common

thewolfman - Main - Spaghetti
https://goo.gl/6S83D2
-Appearance (4/5)
Amazing picture, I love everything about it especially the garnish
-Taste preference (4/5)
I’m not a huge fan of tomato but I like it in spaghetti. You got extra points for the fact that you used ground beef instead of meatballs. That’s what I do when I make mine!
Perfect Italian meal, everything works great together. All really light foods, you wouldn’t be too full from start to finish. I can see you were all on the same page for this one
-Originality (3/5)
It’s a fairly basic meal, but you got an extra point again for the ground beef thing
Total : 16

RL10 - Dessert - Tiramisu
https://goo.gl/V3SyTb
-Appearance (4/5)
Looks extremely tender and soft. Reminds me of carrot cake too! Awesome pic
-Taste preference (4/5)
I’ve never actually had Tiramisu, but reading these ingredients I’m going to ASAP. Where has this been all my life
-Originality (4/5)
It’s not an all the time dessert
Total : 17
Final Total : 45

Team 8
Novamax243
https://goo.gl/ehRsZc
Bacon Wrapped Scallops with Arugula Salad
-Appearance (2/5)
Looks good, not much for preparation though
-Taste preference (4/5)
Bacon wrapped scallops are one of my favourite things! Never tried arugula though. I should now
-How well they compliment each other (Combined at the bottom)
-Originality (3/5)
I didn’t expect this as en entry, great job
Total : 9

Baked Salmon with Creamy Coconut-Ginger Sauce over Coconut- Ginger Rice
-Appearance (4/5)
Magazine ready. I could see lean cuisine members losing it over this. Looks so so good
-Taste preference (4/5)
Salmon is one of my favourite fishes. I imagine this dish as tangy with a zing to it. I would definitely make this on my own time
-Originality (4/5)
Coconut and lime is the usual. Coconut and ginger is a nice change up!

Fresh Fruit Sushi
-Appearance (4/5)
Cute and uniform, feeds nicely into my OCD
-Taste preference (3/5)
I’ve had mango on sushi before actually, it’s pretty good. Although, it is a strange thing to most considering it has sushi vinegar in it
-Originality (5/5)
Straight out there thinking. I love this idea. If I went to an Asian restaurant and they had this, I’d try it strictly cause I knew I couldn’t anywhere else
-How well they compliment each other (11/15)
This score was tough and awkward for me to come up with. First off I love how you did Seafood for Seashorni (Really clever) and although they ARE all seafood dishes they don’t necessarily compliment each other individually in my opinion. Like if I had sushi (even desert sushi) I wouldn’t eat it with a salmon dish (unless it’s raw salmon for nigiri). All the food is amazing and I totally saw where you were coming from, it just seemed like each dish was it’s own thing if that makes sense
Final Total : 44

🚨MUST READ FROM HERE BELOW🚨

Team 7. Congratulations on winning this weeks Reward Challenge! You’re safe from this weeks Tribal Council. Before I continue I’d just like to congratulate you guys deeply. Your group consisted of the lowest colour levels of all the players in Ultimate Challenge. Literally (besides hoop). You guys were not only the first team to submit, but you did it extremely fast. Your recipes were all in such nice format and kept together so neatly. In my opinion you guys aced this challenge with excellent teamwork and really showed me and I think everyone here that this is really anyones game. You really impressed me this week guys

Everyone else. You did fantastic, but unfortunately there are no more rewards or immunity for me to give out this week. All that’s left for you now is Tribal. Unless… I’M not the one doing the “giving out”. Team 7… It’s….. CHOICE TIME! In front of you lay 3 ADDITIONAL immunity necklaces and 2 buttons. One button says “The needs of the many”, the other says “The needs of the few”. Pressing “Needs of the many” will release the immunity necklace from a hook and you’ll be able to give it to WHOEVER you want (Doesn’t have to be from your tribe, but they do have to be from Jungolora or Seashorni). The immunity is only good for this one round. Pressing “Needs of the few” will burn the immunity necklace, revealing a secret reward inside for you if you choose. So… Which means more to you? Helping a potential friend, or receiving a mystery reward. The decision is yours to make individually (1 necklace for each of you), but it must be made before Saturday @5pmPT. Take your time and talk to each other, you have about a day. When you’re ready, please publicly post *Presses (insert button here)* on THIS Topic/Forum. The only other thing is if you DO choose “Needs of the many” you must also post who you’ll save with the bonus necklace. If you want to vote now or change a vote, please feel free to do so. You may want to wait until after the button reveal though (incase you have to switch)
2252 days 11 hours ago
me2013
wow harsh critic.... disappointing to say the least considering the effort put into it and collaboration.
2252 days 11 hours ago
me2013
Isn't Seashorni safe this week?
2252 days 11 hours ago
RealJacksonWalsh
Amazing combination. As a fellow white person I can’t say no to Mac and Cheese

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
2252 days 11 hours ago
TR1364
O:
2252 days 11 hours ago
LaFierceBrittany2
SHOOK. Choose me, please :P
2252 days 11 hours ago
Dmpwb45
@me2013
Seashorni is safe this week! This would have been strictly a reward for any Seashorni winners
2252 days 11 hours ago
me2013
But you said they had to give the reward to one of us... isn’t that a waste if we aren’t going to tribal?
2252 days 11 hours ago
Dmpwb45
@me2013

Shoot sorry. It was supposed to say Jungolora or Magmoolah!! I even proof read it twice. That’s specifically why I put that note in cause it WOULD be wasted on a Seashorni Member. If they try to save a Seashorni Member I’ll just let them know
2252 days 11 hours ago
thewolfman
*presses needs of the few*
2252 days 11 hours ago
Dmpwb45
Hunter’s choice has been made
2252 days 10 hours ago
pikaplayer
*Faceplants the needs of the few*
2252 days 10 hours ago
Dmpwb45
Pika’s choice has been made

open group

Dmpwb's Ultimate Challenge REVAMP $Prize

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!