This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 12: Berl-In It To Win It!

Topic » Episode 12: Berl-In It To Win..

2134 days 19 hours ago
ninjohn
PREVIOUSLY on Ninjohn's Next Top Model: Cycle 7!!!

After Diana's elimination, the remaining nine models were forced to fight for their right to board a prestigious plane to take the overseas trip to Germany! Taking inspiration from the great Christmas tradition, the models were tasked with embodying one of the nine iconic reindeer of Santa's first sleigh team! In the end, Crystal Robins dashed to the front of the pack and won the challenge! And, in the end, Stanley was forced to eliminate Sarah and stay in the race and to ENTER Germany!

Only EIGHT remain! Who's going away? Who's going to win NNTM 7?!?
2134 days 19 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin: "Hallo, hallo, hallo! Welcome to Berlin, Germany! Aren't you glad I tested your sleep schedule a week early? You all must be refreshed and ready to go!"
2134 days 19 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin: "Now, after last week, I imagine that you all may have a different opinion of each other. But, we're in GERMANY! This is the top eight; the best of the best! And you all should remember it's important to WORK together!"
2134 days 19 hours ago
Blingbae
omg a team challenge?
2134 days 19 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin: "So congratulations, you've made it to your THIRD team challenge! Now, Crystal Robins, as the winner of last week's challenge, please make your team selections right now!"

Crystal Robins:

My Team:
Crystal R
Corinna
Melodie
Stanley

Others:
Crystal S
Ember Moon
Judith Judassy
Tina Hamasaki
2134 days 19 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin: "Wonderful, fabulous! Now, I bet you're wondering what the concept for your photoshoot is. Well...that's going to be up to you!"
2134 days 19 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin: "In these two teams of four, you need to come up with your OWN concepts for this challenge. The only requirement is that your team's theme has something that relates to Germany!"
2134 days 19 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin: "To be clear, the four members of each team must each post an individual photo. However, it must all be cohesive in some way, shape or form. Not only will you be judged on your modeling ability, but also on your ability to work well with your teammates and your originality in terms of your concept."
2134 days 19 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin: "If you have trouble thinking up of a concept, look around you! You just did a German challenge last week based off of tradition; you can go with anything from German traditions and history or perhaps architecture and setting; the sky is the limit so don't get pinned in!"
2134 days 19 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin: "To recap, work together with your three other teammates and create a collection of photos that are cohesive and relate to Germany in some way. You don't want to go home after one week in Germany, after all, do you?"
2134 days 19 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin: "Be fierce. Be unique. And, most importantly; BE. A. BOSS!!!!!!!!!!"

(You have two days to complete this assignment by posting your photo here! It is officially due by 7 PM PST/10 PM EST on June 22nd! Best of luck!)
2133 days 7 hours ago
UnicornChicken
Our team's concept is German silent cinema. In the early 1920s, German filmmakers made a name for themselves worldwide with iconic films such as Nosferatu, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, Metropolis (the world's first feature length science fiction film) and more. Many of these early films translated the idea of expressionism from art to the screen. No longer did films have to represent reality, they were about creating a mood or a feeling using exaggerated costumes, makeup, set pieces, shadows or elaborate camera tricks. Almost a century later we are studying these films as prime examples of cinema excellence.

Now enough with the history lesson, our team is going to serve you silent film realness. I am paying homage to the underground 'stag films' as they were called, which were illegally distributed and played in brothels and private cinemas throughout Germany in the early 20th century.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/57/46/e4/5746e4ae92078f3fee4f88fe7db66e52--alex-box-large-photos.jpg
2133 days 6 hours ago
Blingbae
A reason why as a team we decided on doing German Cinema (More specifically the silent film era of Germany.) as a major theme was because of the foundations it layed upon. A key movement that took place during this era was German expressionism. There was a grim mood post-WW1, so most of the motion pictures focused on crime and horror. A lot of stylistic elements recurred in these films, for example the abundance of shadows and ominous sets. The most notable films from this age are Nosferatu and The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.

An image I planned on bringing to life once I heard that we were focusing in on German cinema, was a sort of lifelessness and evil; like in many antagonists and monsters in these silent films. With this concept I went for a very transparent photoshoot. The depraved expression in her eyes says it all, her pose exudes superiority and wickedness, and the overall grimness and faint shadow cast over the picture, says a lot.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ituATuajm_x_qqX2cPaBodhv4bHHFhqF
2133 days 3 hours ago
Jaybirdnifty
So my team decided to use Oktoberfest as our concept. Oktoberfest is a festival held in Munich, Germany, towards the end of September and early October that normally has quite a bit of beer in it. However, there are lots of activities that are in it and I decided for my photoshoot that I wanted to focus on the dance part of it. Oktoberfest has a lot of music and dancing, and I've always enjoyed dancing.

When I was researching what types of dance one would find at Oktoberfest, I was told that there's not really a set dance. Oktoberfest does have QUITE a bit of alcohol (beer and wine and shcnapps mostly) so the participants have a hard time sticking to a routine. So as I was looking for motivation, I realized that this shoot would be perfect to portray that. You're likely going to see more of a street dance than a ballerina dance at the festival unless you sign up for one of it's activities, and I think the blissed out and joyful expression on my face as I dance combined with the lights are the perfect way to show how a party dancer would perceive themselves to be. In your head you are completely killing the dance move and you look like you're in a music video.

https://i.imgur.com/PfG9FgP.jpg
2133 days 3 hours ago
Kgamer2218
So Our team concept is Oktoberfest which is a celebration that takes place between September and October that has a lot of drunk people and beer in it the part of Oktoberfest I have chosen is the painting and the Art.

My photo represents the Art of Oktoberfest which in it's painting has beer in every painting and so my photo represents a drunk person painting which is like a beautiful mess
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/4b/4c/d9/4b4cd9df6060014bf20453f278740130.jpg
2133 days ago
NicoleF
So our team chose the concept of Oktoberfest which is a huge ceremony and celebration that lasts about a week or two long between September and October that basically is a celebration of beer but for one day of the ceremony, they have this huge mass which inspired my photoshoot!

My photo represents the religion of Germany, where Oktoberfest, obviously, is located and the main religion of Germany is Christianity so I wanted to show a sense of peace and respect towards God Almighty. This festival is all lit and popping but this is the one day of prayer and respectfulness.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/48/d0/c1/48d0c1070a5807f59083e3e6277f4eb0.jpg

open group

Ninjohn's Next Top Model 7!

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!