This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Panel Nine: Hey Hey, Hong Kong

Topic » Panel Nine: Hey Hey, Hong Kong

2291 days 19 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin’s Photo(to show I still got it~!)
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/65/e6/d3/65e6d33c4695c9071cfae54dbf1e3091.jpg
(Bottega Venega is a lux Italian company known for leather and expensive goods. With this photo, I hope to showcase how models who start in China can expand their brand and culture worldwide into something amazing!)

Welcome to the main stage of Ninjohn's Next Top Model! Tonight, there are eight models and, after this panel, there will only be seven continuing on in the hopes of becoming Ninjohn's Next Top Model. For REAL this time! You know our judges; legendary two-time winner Darrius and iconic and game-changing grand champion Adam.

And please welcome our extra special guest judge this week, Chen!
https://78.media.tumblr.com/5d7b3e9005d357c732fe72398432176c/tumblr_oqf2xkK8LU1vbtzg8o1_r1_400.gif

Chen will also be providing us with the Face-Face-FACE Off Song this week, so be sure to impress!

This week, you eight models were split into taking the beautiful scenery of China, your current overseas location, and showcasing it in your shot! And on top of that, you were also tasked with explaining yourself what your photo shot means to you and explaining it with eloquence. Tonight, one of you will be the winner of this challenge and one of you will be packing your belongings...and leaving China. Let's start the panel!
2291 days 19 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin: "If I call your name, please...step forward. Sarah and Tiffany. You two...are safe! Congratulations; you're still in the running to become Ninjohn's Next Top Model."
2291 days 19 hours ago
rodrigueseve
*Sarah stomps the ground*
FUCK!
*goes to the back in a mood*
2291 days 19 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin: "That means that Charmaine, Eric, Laura Porsche, Mrs. A, Quin and Samantha, you represent the best and the worst of the week. Let's get to the critiques!"
2291 days 19 hours ago
RightToCensor
*gets nervous*
2291 days 19 hours ago
ninjohn
-CHARMAINE FRANCOIS-
https://senatus.net/media/files/myerscms/senatus_bonqXi.jpg

Well, Charmaine, congratulations, you've split the panel this week! Upon first look at this photo, the panel was not receiving it too kindly, but after staring at it, it started to be received warmer and warmer. Despite being a candid shot, it still looks quite model-esque and that's something that's very rare to find. It really does feel like a shot in a studio. But what really sold the judges on this was your explanation. Every sentence felt purposeful and the judges ended up agreeing with your reasoning. I personally felt astonished that you were able to explain yourself as well as you did. I'm quite proud of you this week, great job!

Chen: "You look BEAUTIFUL in this shot! Buy BEAUTIFUL on iTunes!"
2291 days 19 hours ago
RightToCensor
Good Job Charmaine
2291 days 19 hours ago
ninjohn
-ERIC HAARER-
https://imgur.com/jwWsXwN

Eric, I think the whole panel this week had high expectations for you on this challenge because you've garnered yourself the reputation as the queen of the story. And, this week, you definitely did not disappoint! On initial reaction, the judges felt as if your shot was beautiful but perhaps not the most inherently Chinese, but your explanation really knocked it out of the ballpark. One thing the panel never questions from you is your dedication and it really showed tonight. The only critique the panel had was to push for a more dynamic shot with more presence but other than that, this is an absolutely stunning submission.

Chen: "There definitely is a TENDER LOVE for this shot! Buy TENDER LOVE on iTunes!"
2291 days 19 hours ago
RightToCensor
Whew! Thank you judges.
2291 days 19 hours ago
ninjohn
-LAURA PORSCHE CHARLEMAGNE-
https://i1.wp.com/laughingsquid.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/two-real-life-fruit-ninjas-compe.jpg?resize=640%2C360&ssl=1

Laura Porsche, in terms of inspiration, none of the judges were expecting a model to pay homage to the actual warfare and military of China. It was definitely a bold attempt to try and harness it into high fashion. But, unfortunately, the judges don't feel as if it came to pass tonight. The photo has intensity and purpose for sure but what the judges don't see is a "model." One comment made was that it looked like a still from "Ninja Warrior", not at all fashion. The judges also compared this to your long hair makeover challenge, where you seemed lost and distracted by the "bang" of the photo. It didn't feel as inspired as you say.

Chen: "I'm afraid the only thing I have for this shot is ARTIFICIAL LOVE! Buy ARTIFICIAL LOVE on iTunes!:
2291 days 19 hours ago
ninjohn
-MRS. A-
https://www.marshu.com/articles/images-website/articles/americas-next-top-model/antm-americas-next-top-model-9-ANTM-saleisha/ANTM-9-saleisha-picture-china-warrior-great-wall-of-china-attack.jpg

Mrs. A, you also decided to take a spin on the military of China which the judges commend you for. However, the judges don't feel as if this delivered on the highest caliber either. The posing is fierce but there is something about the photo that just cookie cutter. The judges are struggling to find what about you makes you unique and stands you out as an individual. And in terms of your explanation, the panel didn't believe it. It was hard to believe that what you wrote about felt important to you or inspired by the strength of China. You're a beautiful girl but if you can't bring personality and energy to the shots or presentation, that's going to hinder you.

Chen: "This photo reminded me of WHITE NOISE! Buy WHITE NOISE on iTunes!"
2291 days 19 hours ago
ninjohn
-QUIN KARSYN-
https://imgur.com/a/u3CP8

Quin, let's start with your explanation. Your explanation felt among the best expressed. You were able to represent yourself and show your personality with it and I think it's safe to say your story got good smiles from the judges. But then we get to your photograph and...it wasn't received well, to say the least. The judges think that you look long and beautiful and with a dynamic pose...but the photo itself is so small that it's extremely difficult to judge on the same level as everyone else's photo. The judges had to squint and zoom very much just to assess it properly and it's an inconvenience that should've been left at home as we traveled to China. You look nice; but it's also your responsibility to make sure that every aspect of your presentation is as great as it can be.

Chen: "I can't tell WHAT U DO? in this photo! Buy WHAT U DO on iTunes!"
2291 days 19 hours ago
ninjohn
-SAMANTHA CAVE-
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/fd/5b/21/fd5b21db7d67ae547aa23d4dc7fb22b6--fashion-shoot-fashion-ideas.jpg

Samantha, it's been a rough couple weeks for you before taking off to China. The judges started wondering if perhaps your earlier successes were just a fluke. However, this shot has definitely redeemed you in terms of delivery. The judges felt as if you knew your topic and they also felt as if you didn't choose the photo as more important than the story or vice versa. And in terms of your photo, it's quite breathtaking. Every aspect of the photo seems to be related to China and it's executed quite well. It seems the foreign air is doing you well and we're happy to see our Samantha back!

Chen: "You look as pretty as a DIAMOND! Buy DIAMOND on iTunes!"
2291 days 19 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin: "Well, the panel has seen enough. And I myself have made some...decisions."
2291 days 19 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin: "Charmaine. This week, you channeled the power of a Hurricane Dragon. However, your photograph was pure fire! ...........You're safe."
2291 days 19 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin: "Eric. This week, your photo centered you in as the only girl in the world. And your explanation was also one of a kind.

Samantha. You looked head-dressed to the nines and your explanation pushed it all the way to a ten."

open group

Ninjohn's Next Top Model 7!

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!