This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Final Tribal Council | Malakula

Topic » Final Tribal Council |..

1309 days 4 hours ago
purplebb4
IKAH, HUFUS, and OZZY please welcome the nine members of the jury:

SYDNEY, NATHAN, X, MAC, NOELLE, PATRICK, BRITTANY, KELLEN, LAKE, and CONRAD voted out at the last tribal council.

Tonight, the power shifts into their hands and you must now state your cases as to why you should win this game while also answering their questions. You will be given until TOMORROW at 8:00 AM EST to post opening statements before the jury questions you! If you all post early, I'll open early!!

For the jury, your votes will be due on SATURDAY, August 29th, at 5:00 PM EST, Reunion should be at 5:30 or 6:00 right after!

Good Luck to everyone, thank you for playing in this season <3
1309 days 4 hours ago
ZforZombie
Going to sober up and post later
1309 days 4 hours ago
ZforZombie
Sober up later
1309 days 3 hours ago
Hufus
Hello, jury!

Well, this has been one hell of a ride I must say. I truly didn't expect to get here, and the fact that not only I am here, but I'm also with my blood and my best friend, makes this even more special. I'm pretty aware of how things stand and how clearly this F3 was definitely not what some or maybe most of yall wanted, so I think that before anything, we all should be credited when it comes to that, and I'm proud of us to go all the way when we made our alliance in like day 1.

But oh, this game was messy ever since the premiere, cause I was shook when I saw the cast and the twist. There was only  a single person here that I hadn't played with before, which was Yung, and for the rest, I didn't have the best experiences with most of yall when it came to working together. So I started the game not feeling really good about my odds, but also with the mindset of playing as hard as I could for as long as I could, and thats what I did.

I think I did a pretty good job when it came to the strategic side of the game, and I did a lot of moves that benefited me, sometimes the most out of everyone. Like for example in the first tribal, with the idol paranoia and the possibility of all going wrong for my initial alliance (Ozzy, Ikah and Ethan Cow), everyone was going back and forth on what to do for the tribal. We decided we were gonna play our idols, but as to the vote it wasn't clear at first.I knew for sure that me and Brittany most definitely wouldn't work together and we'd always be wary of each other, so her duo's idol was prob going to be played on her if we played ours correctly. So the next best thing to do would be to vote out Andy, and that's what I pushed for. It was my idea and my agenda, and it became even more clear this was the right move when literally everyone else in the tribe was saying at first that they didnt want to do it cuz they liked/had nice conversations with him.

Besides that, at F7, it was also my idea to split the votes expecting to get a 3-2-2, cause even if the idol was played correctly, we would've the numbers to survive in the tie. It was a risky move cause we didn't know if Conrat was really voting with us, but it was the only way to increase our odds without having to burn my extra vote, and I knew that if it worked, we'd go all the way to FTC, and that's what happened.

When it comes down to the social part, I can't lie that I could've done better and that's the truth. I'm in med school and I'm graduating in less than 4 months, and my practical activities just got back after staying at home for 5 months due to COVID, so I'm really busy these days. We have a lot to make up for, so my schedule is full, plus the risk of contamination in the hospital, which made me not use my phone that much. That doesn't mean tho that I didn't care about the game, cause I did, or else I wouldn't have had put that much effort into making moves or even win immunities.

But welp, this finale was by far one of the worst to go through, simply bc of how things went down. All of the tribals, except for one, were so hard for me, but gamewise, considering everything that happened, it was the right and the most logical thing to do, so I really hope you guys don't take it personally. But to sum it up, I'm really proud of my game and of the people that are sitting next to me, cause at the end of the day, winning or losing, it's just a game. What matters is I can definitely say I'm gonna lay down and sleep in peace cause I have no regrets! Oh, and despite some people trying to slander me bc they're bitter, I didn't do anything wrong, and I'm pretty sure the people that know me and/or consider myself a friend know that, and that's on that :3 So good luck Ozzy and Ikah! I love yall and I'm thankful for you. <3
1309 days 2 hours ago
Oswald19
WOW, WOW, WOW! Thank you all so much for one of the most challenging, most shocking, and most dynamic Survivor Group Games I have ever been a part of. You all represent the best of the best and it showed here on this battle ground. I would be honored if you all would hear my case on why I think I should win the title of Soul Survivor. Wholeheartedly, I think this is one of the strongest final three there is, and it is going to be an interesting debate. We all played very different and unique games. I believe I played the best game because I played with loyalty, I kept myself safe by pushing big targets into oncoming buses, and I navigated a strong social game which lowered my threat level. I am going to take my speech, phase by phase of the game and recap my various moves and actions.

[First Four Votes Off]
I will be honest here; I was a total mess at the beginning of this game. As a newbie entering this game, I had NONE of the social capital that any of the returning players had. Not only did they all know each other, they all wanted each other’s name written in blood. I felt like I was thrown into a box and shook around until I could not even focus anymore. LITERAL CHAOS. Here, I followed a lot of support from Ikah, Ethan, and Hufus. We established a solid four from day 1 and took out Andy with the idols all around. Even though I was struggling to find my way in the early game, I laid some of the foundation for good connections with people like Kellen who I felt close to. But honestly, this beginning of the game, I was a hot mess. I think even the production like, WHO IS THIS RANDO? Haha But I felt like the next phase of the game is where I really picked it up.

[Swap to Melip with Patrick]
When the tribe swapped happen, Patrick and I were the only two from the minority tribe to join a tribe full of strategic players all part of the original tribe. They threw TWO challenges in this phase and had their eyes set on Nathan the entire time. Luckily, Nathan reached out to me right away and asked for my help, the answer was a resounding YES. He was the first person on the new tribe to talk to me and I knew he would be a great meat shield for me as long as I could keep him. I pulled Patrick and Mac (WHO I LOVE) into a 4-4 split against the other side of the tribe.

I was fully prepared to go rocks in that vote when SUDDENLY, Yung approached me asking to make a move on his former alliance. I was shocked and I knew we could use this to make a 4-3-1 spilt vote and save Nathan. I quickly worked with Yung to make a side chat and let him think he had the votes when really he was the target. I felt bad for taking out Yung here, but I needed to be put in the majority no matter what. The result as you all saw was a perfect, 4-3-1 vote saving Nathan and flushing an idol.

The next vote off was very important as well. I really had my eyes set on Colin leaving this game because I never talked to him and I knew he was close with Ikah. Even though I had made a F3 with Ikah and Hufus, I had my doubts on Ikah so I wanted to cut him off from every option I could while he was not in tribal. I took out Colin because I knew Ikah liked him and that Ikah did not like Nathan. Here I relied on my group of Patrick, Nathan, and Mac to get it done. I wanted to ensure Ikah had fewer options so he would feel like he needed me more and more. 

[Merge: Phase 1]
When we merged, our group of four from Melip realized all of our partners were still in the game, Hufus, Noelle, and Conrad and we formed our group of 7. I was SO committed to this group and I was willing to take us as long as we possibly could. I was there. I also formed a close bond with Noelle in this process in my effort to make myself a low-level threat with as many people as I could. I also felt like Noelle and I made a real connection which was good. We successfully retained the numbers and sent out Syd.

The next vote off was where we got a little messy. Conrad flipped in order to get rid of Nathan. To this day, I don’t understand exactly WHY he did that and why Patrick also wasn’t a part of that. But at the end of the day, I didn’t want to risk mine, Hufus’, or Ikah’s safety so I agreed to vote out Nathan. Mac and Hufus deserve a lot of credit here for helping talk me into the vote. I also gained some points with the other side in this process, lowering my threat level again. The next tribal X left, and I was happy about that. I never saw us working together and he used me for a number above all else. Strangely, our 7 minus Nathan came back together on that vote. Haha So I thought our group of 6 had a second wind on them.

Mac and Noelle were the next two to go and it devastated me. I adored both of them and the Mac vote, I was especially left out of. Hufus even left me out of this one. But rather than have a public melt down about not getting my way (not naming names), I stuck to my guns and rebuilt relationships. I apologized to Lake for voting him and I had to vote Noelle not to stick out like a target.

For the Patrick vote, I was on a date and it was horrible time for me to be focused on something else. Haha I literally had no word on this vote, so I was like, welp I guess I’ll vote Brittany since no one talking to me. I was SHOCKED when the vote tied! My DMs were BLOWING UP. This was one of my biggest moves was born, I guess expect the unexpected. I SO did not want to work Brittany/Lake/Kellen but I had this extreme paranoia of Conrad/Patrick. I felt like Hufus was close to them, but I never was close at all, neither of them really talked to me all game. I knew this would be a good moment to make a move and keep my options open IF Ikah/Hufus ever sunk to the ground and were eliminated. I bought some time with Brittany/Lake/Kellen by voting with them. I knew where they stood but I never knew where Patrick stood and I made the decision to flip and to boot him. This also was a little payback to Hufus for voting out Mac. Sorry babe, still love you both!

[Merge: Phase 2]
The Brittany vote literally defined what the rest of this game looked like for me. I KNEW Kellen/Lake/Brittany were vying for F3 and I knew that was in direct competition with my F3. This was the vote we needed to make a move. For this vote, I really put a lot of faith in Ikah to use his advantage and for Conrad to vote Brittany. Long story short, the plan went SWIMMINGLY. I was able to keep Hufus safe and almost ensure our path to final three. While I didn’t have an advantage of my own here, I played the role of oblivious player. I made a chat with Lake/Kellen/Hufus, selling the idea I wanted us four to go to the end. And after the vote, I spun the idea that Conrad voted for Kellen. I think it worked perfectly because those boys were still scratching their heads for a while after the vote and my number one ally, Hufus, was still by my side.

[Finale, Baby]
Wow! This was SHOOKENING. As much as I loved Ikah and Hufus, I knew it would be foolish of me not to keep my options open. My plan was to play cool and wait for the finale to see if any big moves needed to be made. But before we got there, Lake and Kellen SELF-DESTRUCTED and LAMBASTED ME for my gameplay, my strategy, and well everything about me. It was insane. They then were in my DMs telling me I needed to work with them if I wanted to win. It was just…so…not good gameplay in my opinion. I totally get that their backs were against the wall and they were trying everything, but it just came off as so unsportsmanlike. I truly wanted to see where their heads were at but after that whole mess, I knew I had no choice, there was no way I could work with either of them. I am sorry if you all were disappointed by the finale, but trust me, I was a little too. I’m obviously super proud of my F3 and I am so lucky to work with them but I mean, Lake and Kellen made it impossible to make a move.

[Conclusion]
WOW! I said so much and I am so sorry. I am very proud of the game I played. I worked hard, I played a smart social game, and I never ever gave up. This game was a total whirlwind for me, but I took the craziness and the madness to make something out of nothing. Hufus and Ikah, there was no way I could have done it without you, so I thank you both for an incredible ride. To the jurors, thank you for challenging me and helping me become a better player. When you reach that urn, I humbly ask you to consider writing down, Ozzy Oswald!

[TL;DR]
-First four vote offs of this game I was bewildered and no idea what I was doing
-Kept Nathan safe and got rid of Yung and Colin, people Ikah wanted to work with
-Voted out Patrick to ensure I had stronger loyalty with Hufus
-Stayed loyal to my Final 3
-Gave it all in every challenge (100% attendance)! I am still a flop in some challenges though
-I am the only player to make it finale night without a single vote
-Part of the last pair still in the game (Daddy Hufus, the greatest partner ever)
-Stayed loyal to people as much as I could and only voted out my friends when I had to, made deals with my foes when I had to
-Socially connected with the right people to ensure my name was not floating around
-Played dumb in many instances when I knew exactly what was going on
-I was messy at times, stressed at others, but still having fun and making the best I could out of this crazy adventure!
-Please vote Ozzy!
1309 days 1 hour ago
ZforZombie
Hey to the jury

Want to apologize for the wait I will admit I had friends coming and knew I'd be drinking. Just bad finale timing I thought they'd come later. That shit was hard but I tried to be professionals, fight hard and I'll continue. I have tried and put as much time as I could into this game and it's been a long one balancing everything.

I think going into this Final Tribal Council I have some convincing to do because there's both a few people that I failed to establish any connection with like Noelle, Mac, and Nathan and then there's others where I felt like I had a atleast a good if not pretty strong connection with Lake, Kellen, Patrick, Conrad, Brittany, X, Sydney, Ozzy, and Hufus. So obviously that's a recipe bound for bad jury management especially if you took the path I did which was playing multiple sides of the game.

I think people that I didn't have a connection with have nothing they missed out on because I can't imagine adding anymore people to cross in this game. I've met some dope players and chill people and have had to do them wrong. I knew I would have to in order to play a game to both get to the end and deserve the win. Playing a free game.

But I think that a lot of you on the jury and even my fellow finalists were a huge contribution to me being here and I think that seeing that is important.

---------GAMEPLAY/VOTES QUICK SUMMARY-------

I'll briefly talk about the beginning because it set the tone for the merge game that is relevant to you the jury. I just don't want to make this so long that it becomes unreadable.

Premerge really blew my expectations for how messy I thought this game was going to be. With Ethan Cow and I being on the defensive from the get go on a tribe I created, I really decided to play a completely free game that wasn't bound by personal vendetta or even pregame connections.

Right away I went to build the four person alliance and make the chat of Hufus, Ozzy, Ethan Cow, and I because Hufus and I are close and I knew that he was also friends with Ethan Cow unlike Patrick and Conrad who I was also close with.

When it became apparent that the tribe was set on voting Ethan Cow and were willing to sacrifice me in the cause I decided to open myself up to playing a new style of game. I didn't have to go to tribal until merge and that's when I debuted it but at the same time I was talking to people while safe about the potentials of working together and that's where I connected with Lake, Kellen, Brittany the most. I even began to reach out to X who I could see was someone on the outs like myself.

MERGE:

Come merge the first vote took forever to come together. I had similar convos with Sydney, Lake, Kellen, X, Brittany who I could see starting to form together. I made sure to insert myself in with this group and Have something solid with them.

At this point of the game I had gotten myself decent coverages and multiple people to fall back on incase one path started to fail. That's exactly how I played this merge. Doing as much as I can to never have a closed path. It's not ever a game I typically play I'm someone that likes running with a group but again I decided to play pretty freely in order to have multiple paths to the end. But what you see at the end is the group that had my back from Day 1 with Ethan Cow and that is Hufus and Ozzy I have to thank them a lot.

SYDNEY:

This vote was definitely me observing things from the different sides of this game but I actually wanted to work with Sydney because we had met previously and I laughed when she didn't even remember me. I found out that she was the vote from multiple people in the other side and even told X to play the idol on her. I was really trying to keep her In the game. But I knew that if things didn't work out I had other shit to fall back on and I continued to act like I was in the same position as the others in the minority.

NATHAN:

Ok really Me and Nathan have had a bad history and I'll admit I've been a bitch to him and vice versa and that's that but really I used our relationship to try and act like me voting him was only because I wanted him out SO BAD but I played that up in order to keep playing both sides. I told everyone from the other side that it was the case and why I wouldn't vote with them so it was really beneficial on both ends. Nathan wasn't someone I could see myself trusting to vote with long term and also I could keep separating myself from people I was close to on the other side.

X:

I mean I didn't expect myself to work with X but again I opened myself up to the possibility because I didn't want to limit myself. I didn't do a whole lot of convincing for X to stay I think he was a dead set target and to stick my neck out when I didn't need to would have hindered my game a lot especially when X was catching onto the fact Ozzy and Hufus seemed to be getting info and I gave them that to keep their confidence that we were still loyal to eachother. X leaving when he did was kind of a blessing in disguise for my game.

MAC:

I think that this vote was so pivotal to my game. Brady asked me a question about who was the biggest threat to me and I said Mac. Him leaving next ended up being fatal for others. Mac and I definitely weren't talking and I remember Ozzy saying me to trust Mac and shit early in the game and then Hufus telling me not to say anything about Mac in front of Ozzy so I just thought he needed to go for me to be able to flip in the future.

NOELLE:

Before I talk about Noelle's boot I can say with 100% confidence that the auction solidified my path to the end right before this. When I got Brittany and Conrad to give me the steal a vote and then Hufus won the extra vote, that's when I first started to feel like I could really take this game because all we had to do was get to F7 vote and then I can flip with Hufus And Ozzy by My side and not a single thing besides the half idol could get in our way to the end. This was the path I decided on at that moment. I think it was hard to see coming because I did a lot to cover the connection between Hufus Ozzy and I. I remember not even fearing saying their name in the Four chat with Lake, Kellen, And Brittany. I made sure to tell Ozzy and Hufus this so that they remained Confident I wanted them to know I was loyal to the three.

But specifically Noelle vote. She was someone I definitely didn't talk to and I needed her gone for the future flip. This vote seemed way too easy especially after the auction. I really think her going was another mistake by others since we had no connection.

PATRICK:

I didn't really care who went at this stage on the other side other than Hufus and Ozzy obviously. We just needed this one more boot to get to the position where we could drop a nuclear bomb on the game. Patrick was someone I always feared in this game even tho we are friends outside of this. From the beginning he played absolutely cutthroat. Unfortunately he had to go in order for me to remain playing the middle and Get to F7 with the advantages.

BRITTANY:

God. Even though Brittany and I have a rough history we for the first time worked together in this game even after we voted out each other's partners we managed to get super close. I tried Vote after vote to protect her from going in order to atleast give her a higher placement(shitty) but I let her be in the split vote and hoped that Kellen and Lake would 1) play it and 2) play it on Brittany. I even tried getting Lake to play it on her by saying some shit about her before the vote. I wanted to get rid of Kellen and the Half but Brittany was the only option for the split because of her relationship with Hufus.

KELLEN:

For the finale votes most of them are mostly just based on the challenge ability for F4 but I will say that Kellen in this game was definitely someone I vibed with right away. I thought he was definitely a threat to me in the social department but he definitely helped me in this game and took me in as an ally. I felt trust with him for sure. Unfortunately I just really didn't trust Lake, Kellen, And Brittany together and to risk that when I had something so solid with Hufus and Ozzy would just be really dumb.

LAKE:

Unfiltered and we butted heads a little bit before he left but in this game Lake has always been someone that made it clear he wanted to work with me and we vibed together. I already told Lake exactly why Conrad had to stay over him.

CONRAD:

I had to go through with loyalty from day 1 in Hufus and Ozzy. I just think Conrad had too much of a different case to win at this ftc against me and people were already associating Hufus Ozzy and I together towards the end. I didn't want someone that could get an underdog edit in even though Conrad proved very loyal.

At the end of it all

Im proud to be with the people next to me. Hufus and Ozzy I can't thank enough for their loyalty and friendship in this game from Day 1.

I can say the same about a lot of people In this game.

The defining fact for me is the only votes I got was the very first tribal which I was able to keep myself from leaving by asking Hufus to play the idol on me. Moving forward I let my social game speak every part of my game.

I think if I am to win it will because my social game was good enough to let me play the middle, establish a lot of loyalties, and have a stronghold on this game.

Hufus and Ozzy Congrats and Good Luck to you. You have had my back throughout this all and I wouldn't be here without y'all. Thank you.

Im sorry if this was a mess I can answer more in questions. I do work tomorrow but I'll be able to answer your questions in full. Tear me apart if you must I'm ready to talk
1309 days ago
ZforZombie
Need to say this before I go to bed I have so much love for Hufus and Ozzy obviously.

Hufus Im so glad we got to do this shit together again before we hopefully get our asses Off this site.

You are a brother! You are loyal and Wth is wrong with you putting up with me. Lots of love for you

Ozzy Im glad we got to know eachother for real this time after we briefly crossed paths along time ago. you are actually hilarious and a great ally.

Sorry if I make anyone vomit but you both deserve my praise
1309 days ago
Oswald19
Ikah! You are too sweet, thank you so much. Not to bandwagon but I have MUCH love for these boys as well.

Hufus, I picked you as my partner for a reason. You are so strategic, talented, and I am so lucky to have met you and got to play with you again! Thank you for being my friend and for not giving up when you are working 80-90 hours a week.

Ikah, I didn't pick you as my partner but if I could, I would easily! You are super cool to chat with and you played so smart to keep us all safe. Thank YOU for everything and I loved getting to know you too!

Everyone really, I had so much fun in this game! The ups and downs were all worth it because you made it challenging and unpredictable. It's a game and I respect all of your ferocity so so much.
1308 days 23 hours ago
Oswald19
Also I know you all ask the questions but there is this chat with Patrick/Conrad/Lake/Kellen/Hufus/Myself that was recently brought up and people have called out my name about something and I can't figure out what. I combed through my speech and I never mention this chat once in my speech so I have no idea what people are canceling me for. But I want to clarify if I said something wrong so please feel free to let me know, I really have no idea what is happening.

https://imgur.com/a/xNogh3G
@Patrick @Conrad @Lake @Kellen
1308 days 16 hours ago
_Groot
Who has the biggest ass on the jury? There is only one right answer and it will let me know who was paying attention this game 😗
1308 days 16 hours ago
GrrrImABear
Ozzy, I apologize for that.

Someone in Ponderosa said you took credit for making that chat, and before reading Your speech, I went to post that. Of course, upon actually reading, you never said that, like, at all. It never even came up in your speech LOL
1308 days 16 hours ago
crimsonteer
I apologize ozzy, I thought you were staring after the Mac vote that YOU yourself had to rebuild your own relationships (which I did for you)
1308 days 15 hours ago
GrrrImABear
Let me get to my actual questions and whatnot.

Ikah:

I think it’s clear from my perception of the jury that you get the most credit for the strategic side of this game. I think you played a very strong game where you kept your true loyalties on the down-low and cut anyone else that stood in your way. Truly a masterful game and very deserving to make it here. However, it seems some people feel that where you dropped the ball was in fact in your social game with the other jurors. Did you feel that your social game was lacking? If so, why was that your plan? And if you didn’t think so, where do you think the disconnect is?

Hufus:

I am so proud that you made it here. Getting to work with you again was always a pleasure and you know how much I love you. If you get my vote, most likely it is because of our relationship outside of this game and your loyalty to the end with me. However, one point of contention for many is that you simply didn’t even seem like you wanted this win and that you were just here to push Ozzy into a win. Were you here for yourself or to push your partner forward? Do you want this win or do you think we should just go ahead and vote for Ozzy?

Ozzy:

Congrats on finals! You played a game and got here! I felt that we worked well and bonded together in those swapped tribes and it just sucks that didn’t translate better into the merge. Now, about your game, some people just feel that you sat here in a wagon and allowed Hufus to drag you to the F3, with the exception of you flipping and cutting me at F8. Do you feel that you were carried at all? If so, when and how was it intentional? If not, why do you think that’s the perception? And feel free to give us other examples of you deviating strategically from Hufus other than my vote off.

You each got individual questions, so I’m going to throw in some general ones that seem to pop up in nearly every FTC.

1) Compare each jury member to a real-life losing Survivor finalist explaining why our game was similar to their losing game.

2) Tell is in detail about your BEST move, and your WORST move.

3) Which of your fellow finalists doesn’t deserve to be sitting in the final 3, and who deserves their spot instead?

4) Make your own selections for the following awards of the season (explanations, of course)

- Player of the Season
- Hero of the Season
- Villain of the Season
- Best Moment of the Season
- Flop of the Season
1308 days 14 hours ago
ZforZombie
Who has the biggest ass on the jury? There is only one right answer and it will let me know who was paying attention this game 😗

Answer: Now this question is just asking for trouble with how much people value their asses on here, but the fact you've been so vocal about your own since I've met you must mean you are packing serious buns
1308 days 14 hours ago
ZforZombie
Did you feel that your social game was lacking? If so, why was that your plan? And if you didn’t think so, where do you think the disconnect is?

Answer:

I think that my social game wasn't put together well enough to the point that it wasn't harmful to my relationship with the jury. If you get so close to someone and backstab them hard then that's just asking for backlash. I thought In a game like this there was a way to make that backlash not hurt so much and that was by sticking by people that stuck by me when making those cutthroat moves. The disconnect is clearly the fact that I would make the moves so suddenly, without the chance to talk to people honestly, and it was a quick turnaround for those closest to me or it was very dull for people I didn't connect with. I mean Patrick I hardly talked to you towards the end of your game and I think that's a fault in my game and I Can see the disconnect there. Noelle we only talked right as she was leaving and that was her reaching out to me. Nathan and I never talked. Mac and I hardly talked. I think for sure I didn't talk enough personal with the ones I didn't even talk to on a game level. But as I said earlier I chose to keep it that way knowing I had my hands full already with very strong connections

I didn't need to have my hand in everybody's rice bowl otherwise people would've caught on to me sooner.
1308 days 14 hours ago
ZforZombie
Ok On my next break I'll dig into the next questions.

Just at work

open group

BB's Survivor: Fading Embers

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!