This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Week 11 / Semi-Final

Topic » Week 11 / Semi-Final

2413 days 19 hours ago
k4r4k
My final 4! Each of you has shown me you deserve to be here, and now you are one step closer to Kara's Top Model Finale!! 3 girls will face off in this season's finale on our next episode :)

Last episode we sadly said goodbye to both Natalie and Pocahontas. Today you will be submitting 2 different photos. And after all 4 models have submitted, I will also have each of you briefly critique each other's photos (you will be mailed complete instructions when the time comes).

- Photoshoot 1 -

"Makeup is not a mask that covers up your beauty; it's a weapon that helps you express who you are from the inside" - Michelle Phan
You must post a BEAUTY SHOT! This is a close up portrait, usually cropped from the bust up or closer. It can range from little to no makeup to very dramatic/creative makeup. The choice is yours :)

- Photoshoot 2 -

"Growth begins when we begin to accept our own weakness" - Jean Vanier
You must also post a shot CONQUERING YOUR WORST shoot to date. I have looked back at the scores and am assigning you each a past theme that you faltered in (everyone has a different theme). Show me you took your critique and learned from what the judges had to say. Show me YOUR GROWTH :)

Augustine - week 2: WOODS
Malaysia - week 4: BALLOONS
Shanna - week 7: FOOD
Judith - week 9: ITALY

- CRITIQUES -
i will be mailing everyone once all models have submitted both photos with instructions! this is to know your thoughts and feelings about your competition, as well as if you are a fair and insightful judge of others.

reminders:
no nudity
no duplicate photos (application photos included)
no ANTM
you are a female model
it is a solo shot

who wants to be on top?...GOOD LUCK models!

** YOU HAVE 48 HOURS **
2413 days 19 hours ago
k4r4k
if you need more direction on your re-do shots, please mail me :)
2412 days 21 hours ago
k4r4k
In case there are any questions about shannas beauty shot, you CAN use a model from ANTM but not a photo from the show. you can use a shot of any working model, just not one that was done while they were on the program. The reason for that is because I feel like we've all seen those photos time and time again.
2411 days 14 hours ago
k4r4k
==================================

CLOSED

will mail everyone tomorrow :)
2410 days 14 hours ago
DrG2
Malaysia:
Beauty - Idk why but I dont like beauty photoshoot in black and white. It just doesnt show your true "colors" for me. But yeah that eyes are beautiful
Balloons - its just a basic photo, nothing special and i dont like how you pose your hand especially those fingers

Shanna:
Beauty - I think this is more like an ad for a shampoo or any kind of hair's ad than a beauty photoshoot. The thing that I like is her expression, so on point
Food - Idk if it is good if my first glance at this photo is the food and also her nails when I try to look up more. But this is a very high fashion photo tho

Augustine:
Beauty - wow this is beautiful. I love her makeup and that lips tho and I like the effect of this photo that makes your face as the focus of this photo. well done
Woods - "an area of land, smaller than a forest, that is covered with GROWING TREES", just out of the theme
2410 days 12 hours ago
presea6789
Shanna:
Food: I think this is cute, love the nails, great photo overall in my opinion.
Beauty: I'm just not a fan of this one however, not sure why, it just seems weak to me.

Judith:
Beauty: It's boring in my opinion! However I love the hair.
Italy: This is very weak to me, from the pose, to the clothes, to the facial expression. I think you could have done better.

Augustine:
Beauty: This is my favorite shot, I think this is just absolutely stunning! You really are fierce competition.
Woods: I like it, I think it's a beautiful picture and you look great. Doesn't look like the woods though.
2410 days 11 hours ago
C_Shizz96
Malaysia:
Beauty: Its too zoomed in and it looks like you just took a selfie and put it in the black and white filter on snapchat.
Balloons: Nothing special really, we're in top 4, this is extremely mediocre.

Judith:
Beauty: While your eyes pierce my soul, the paint just is a no for me. It's like chicken pox but blue.
Italy: Yes because laying down in a boat with a red dress on is Italian, I see no essence of Italy here what so ever. Love the boat's decor though.

Augustine:
Beauty: I like the diversity this shot brings out, different colors of makeup, laying in the water, how fierce your eyes look. It's all great. Welcome back to the competition by the way comeback queen!
Woods: And this ruins it for me, the woods to me look like the fake leaves you see on those trees in the dollar store. Like fake pine needles. However I love what your wearing, but your face looks really hard. Loosen up babe!
2409 days 17 hours ago
Maicolx3
Malaysia:
Beauty: I think that this photo is very pretty and I definitely see the commercial side of it, but my issue with this photo is that that is all that it is. It's just a pretty girl smirking on a black and white photo. There is not enough creativity in the photo and I feel that is what is missing. There were many creative beauty shoots you could've chosen from.
Balloons: I like this photo. It's cute, playful, and vibrant. It's what I think of when I think of balloons. I would've preferred it been outside since the whole background is kinda just boring.

Shanna:
Beauty: Her face looks really stunning and fierce don't get me wrong, but that hand just looks so awkward and does not belong there. The extra background also looks weird and the whole photo seems cropped out if I am being honest.
Food: I think this photo definitely had potential, but it's the little things that kinda just screwed it up for me. Her head is cut off and that's a big no no. I also would've preferred if the model were interacting with the camera instead of looking away. Other than that, the shot is really beautiful. The outfit and colors! Really creative!

Judith:
Beauty: WOAH! Creativity.... CHECK! Again like Shanna, the photo has a lot of potential, with all the creativity, but the model's face is just bland and there is not enough energy. I am not saying it's horrible, but a little more intensity and this photo would've been a homerun for me.
Italy: Creative Queen! I love the colors, print, and dress in this photo. You also look stunning! My only critique would be that the pose seems a little awkward with the way it's being taken. Your face seems sort of small compared to your whole body, but other than that, this photo is great!
2408 days 19 hours ago
k4r4k
============================================================================

JOSHLYN'S CRITIQUES:

-----------------------------------

Malaysia:
Beauty Shot - I like this photo like the black and white definitely works it captures the face of your model great.

Balloons - I really love this photo the background is simple but works well with the shoot the balloons go well with the color of the dress the cut in the back dress really does a well job of showing off your models legs and sexiness good choice.

Shanna:
Food - I think there is to much going on in this photo and everything is the same yellow color which is a bit distracting I do like the face expression  and look but besides that do not really care for it.

Beauty  - this picture is definitely better choice then food picture it does a good job at showing off your model face and puts all the focus on your hairstyle which I think is what the picture is going for so good job on this one.

DrG2:
Beauty - I really dislike this photo i think the blue all over the face  takes away from the photo like to me it just looks like a mess but maybe some other judges will love it.

Italy - This picture is much better then your beauty though love the background on the water, the pose is done perfect, The dress and heels look stunning on your model good job on this photo

Maicolx:
Beauty - this picture is okay but for me its just avg like the eyes look good bu the background throws me off quite a bit just not a huge fan.

Woods - This is another okay but not great picture  the outfit is unique and shows culture which goes well with the background but the pose is kind of the dull and the facial expression looks angry which I do not think is the best look in all honesty.
2406 days 21 hours ago
k4r4k
JOJO'S CRITIQUES:

-------------------------------

Malaysia

Beauty Shot- I honestly love this. The eyes are just beautiful and I love the effect the black and white has on the photo. I could see this being my favorite photo of the week, we will see how everyone else does though. Great job!

Balloons- This is an improvement from your last balloon shot but I still don't necessarily love it. I like the simplicity of it but I'm not really a fan of the dress. I do like the shadow that she creates on the wall behind her and I like how the balloons color matches the dress and her nails. Okay job =]

Shana

Beauty Shot- It isn't terrible but if I'm honest I really am not a fan. The hair looks kind of weird and her eyes don't look very great either, I don't like the look she is giving. It's just kind of meh. I will say she has amazing cheek bones though.

Food- The actual modeling in this photo is nice. I like her outfit, I love the way she is like looking off into the distance. The one true problem I have with the shot is the actual food, it looks kind of gross. Good thing this isn't Top Chef though. A good job overall.

Judith

Beauty Shot- I'm kind of iffy on this. I like her hair, I love her eyes, and I love her lips. However I do not like the blue body paint, it kind of takes away from the shot for me. I think without the body paint this would have been an amazing shot however now it just kind of okay for me.

Italy- I love this, this might be my favorite Italy shot from now and the original week. I love the dress, I love the boat she is on, I love her posing. I get serious Italian vibes from the whole thing, you really did an amazing job this week and you for sure learned from our critiques.

Augustine

Beauty Shot- Not a fan of what is going on with her neck. I do however like her hair, I like that it is wet, it's a bit different. I also love her lips and her eyes, especially her eye shadow. It's a good shot, only issue is the neck.

Woods- Darling its the woods, not the jungle. I do like this shot a lot and if the theme was jungle your score would probably be 8-10 but because you didn't follow the theme I have to bring your score down. =[
2406 days 20 hours ago
k4r4k
KARA'S CRITIQUES:

-------------------------------------

Malaysia:

Beauty – I think it’s intriguing and sexy but I wish it wasn’t in black and white. I can still appreciate the eye makeup and glossy lip, but I personally feel it would be stronger in color. It’s a decent shot.

Balloons – I like the attitude in that right hand. That and the turned chin to shoulder definitely makes the shot. I feel like the pose could’ve been stronger/done more with your body. The shadow is SO distracting to me. It just looks like a dark blob with a branch. The colors are great though! You did improve from your original.

Shanna:

Beauty – I really like this shot. Your eyes are really engaging and the intensity in your mouth works. Obviously your skin is flawless and face is extraordinary :) we’ve had a lot of issues with hands/extra hands in this competition and unfortunately for me I think the photo would have been better without your hand in it. 

Food – I really like this shot as well, but I do agree with Augustine’s comment that it’s bothersome that your head is cut off. I enjoyed the overall gold theme – golden accessories, golden nails, golden chicken and waffles. Was it subliminal messaging that you wanted to win? :p hopefully you didn’t eat the food because it looks like you’re covering it in gold paint :x your makeup looks lovely and I like all the accessories. I see an improvement from last time.

Judith:

Beauty – I’m not a big fan of this. I think the creativity was there but the end result was just ok. You have some really beautiful features and I think the blue hid them a bit. What I do really enjoy is your eyes! You were doing all the right things here pose wise, but like I said, the concept wasn’t a homerun.

Italy – love the body language here and this is definitely 100% Italy. I disagree with the girls; I don’t think your pose is awkward at all AND you’re giving us neck for days. I do however take issue with your face. It’s not really emoting anything and your eyes are almost shut here. It’s a good shot, but your face let me down a little.

Augustine:

Beauty – I don’t know why the other judges don’t like this. The other models really liked this photo and so do I. I love that you’re in the water and your bright makeup that contrasts the calm blue of it. Your skin is luminescent. Well done!

Woods – for as much as I love your beauty shot, I equally dislike this :( I can see you took a different direction from your last woods submission but for me this is worse. It’s definitely a jungle vibe and the pose and face does not work for me. You look so bored – there’s no life here.
2403 days 13 hours ago
Maicolx3
Me soon

https://media.giphy.com/media/a8SkgVWklRieI/giphy.gif

open group

Kara's Top Model S:2 [[COMING SOON]]

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!