This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S5] Auditions (Day 2)

Topic » [S5] Auditions (Day 2)

2379 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
Hello and welcome to back to The X Factor! We are here in Belfast, UK where the judges are still on the search for the next big superstar to represent the fifth season.

Here come the judges,

Tommy!
Aili James!
Drake!
Nehemiah!

As the judges take their seats in Ireland, let's see who is first to audition today.
2379 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
01. Zayn Malik (rodrigueseve)

Tommy: There were moments in this when you had a really good vocal, but for the most of it you were either too quiet or going to low to really hear your vocal. I wasn’t the biggest fan of this performance as an audition.

Aili James: This wasn't a great song choice since it didn't showcase your vocals well. I didn't like it.

Drake: I have to say the intro was a bit too long for my tastes however that didn’t effect the auditioned. The you were way too quiet I could barely hear any words and it just got mumbled. You and the background singer were out of sync which took away from the performance. Honestly it seemed like you were shy and intimidated by what’s happening which affected your auditioned greatly I’m sorry.

Nehemiah: Personally this wasn't a good audition in my eyes.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - No
Aili James - No
Drake - No
Nehemiah - No

Tommy: I'm sorry Zayn, this isn't your season :(
2379 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
02.  Paloma Faith (rollingderp)

Tommy: I loved this, it felt very fun, I felt involved with the audition and it was very intimate, it let us see you as a person and an artist and not just your audition. Overall, a very good audition!

Aili James: You're so different and unique, you're a little odd, but it's intriguing, I want to see more of you! Your way of singing is unique and I kinda like it, although you may be one of those acts you either love or hate, and I love you!

Drake: I remember listening to this during Stardom when I was judging over there and honestly this is still amazing and I still love it from the last time I listened to it. If you bring this to other performances I can’t wait to see you in this competition and you will be a force to be reckoned with. Just try to cut back on the background vocals.

Nehemiah: DAMN girl this is how you do an audition.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - Yes
Aili James - Yes
Drake - Yes
Nehemiah - Yes

Aili James: Congratulations! You're off to bootcamp Paloma!
2379 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
03. Emily Middlemas (rollingderp)

Tommy: I loved this! What an iconic song and you absolutely made it your own! So young and so full of talent, I very much think that you could do really well and you’re one of those artists that you know you’re going to keep an eye on. I’m really looking forward to seeing you move on in this competition.

Aili James: I like your take on this hit! It sounded so cool and edgy, it was a great first audition!

Drake: There is something so soothing with your voice and the way you performed this. You may not have those high note type songs however you don’t need them because if you bring the right amount of energy and soul I think you could go far. Honestly way to go Emily I’m very impressed.

Nehemiah: This was a nice little shindig. Voice isn't too special but i like it.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - Yes
Aili James - Yes
Drake - Yes
Nehemiah - Yes

Drake: Well done Emily, we will be seeing you at bootcamp!
2379 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
04. Kristian Kostov (rollingderp)

Tommy: Kristian, I wasn’t actually that crazy about the audition, but you do have a very good vocal, you kind of make us want to sit up and take note that people are capable of incredible things when they’re singing. I think you still have a lot to learn, but this is a learning process and it would be wrong of me to say no to you.

Aili James: I like the way you sang this song. It's different and cool. Such a cool vibe. You're a breath of fresh air and I love it!

Drake: Jesus this sent chills down my back, and in a good way, you turned this song into something so soulful and so beautiful, honestly I think this maybe better than the original. This was a breathe of fresh air and I’m honestly amazed way to go!

Nehemiah: Damn first vocals got me shooked. Strong voice for sure

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - Yes
Aili James - Yes
Drake - Yes
Nehemiah - Yes

Nehemiah: Way to go Kristian! You're off to bootcamp!
2379 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
05. Ian Grey (Kgamer2218)

Tommy: *stands and claps*
Ian Grey, that is going to be a name I remember for a while. At first, I thought this was going to be one of them auditions that are good, but nothing special, but then you really went for it and it was full of emotion, I was completely transfixed in your voice and performance. Love the guitar playing, it really compliments your voice! Love that you were out of breath after because it just shows how much you’re putting into it. Probably one of the best auditions so far!

Aili James: WOW. WHAT ? Your voice! It sounds so much more mature than you look, you have so much potential, I liked every bit of this performance.

Drake: I think you went flat on some the notes or something like that because some of the notes sounded off in the chorus. You’re voice has a rich and soulful tone to you which sounded so pleasant to hear. Sometimes the guitar overpowered you which you may need to cut back on that however this was a solid audition way to go!

Nehemiah: I like the style of your voice. There could definitely be something interesting with you and i think you deserve a shot to move forward.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - Yes
Aili James - Yes
Drake - Yes
Nehemiah - Yes

Tommy: Ian, 4 Yes' you're going to bootcamp!
2379 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
06. Samantha Harvey (Kgamer2218)

Tommy: I thought overall that this was a very good audition, I think you need a little more individuality moving forward just so you’re not sounding like everyone else, because they’re the type of artists that get swallowed up at bootcamp, but I’m interested in you and want to see more.

Aili James: This was good, really good, I like that you went with the original lyrics too. Well done, it sounded really good, your voice has pop written all over it, keep to it.

Drake: This audition reminds me back to when Sam Tsui did his auditioned in season 3 which he used this song. Now you aren’t any Sam Tsui however I really dig this cover of this cover and you had the energy but I think you could bring up the emotion of the song a bit. I think you could have showed more but for what you gave us I enjoyed great job!

Nehemiah: I hate covers of this slow, nothing really stood out and was special to me.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - Yes
Aili James - Yes
Drake - Yes
Nehemiah - No

Aili James: Samantha, we're taking you to bootcamp well done!
2379 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
07. Alejandro Manzano (Kgamer2218)

Tommy: A very good vocal, it was soft in the right places and you carried out the notes really well. Male Over 30’s can do really well in this competition, but just have not done so recently and I want to change that. I mean today, this audition could have been better, but it’s good for what this stage of the competition is asking for.

Aili James: * cries during performance * You hit my soul, your voice just sounds so emotional and thank you, thank you for this beautiful performance.

Drake: I've been waiting to see you and the rest of Boyce Avenue to auditioned for this show. I’m honestly in love with your voice, it’s so beautiful, so smooth, and so full of emotion. This was so nice to hear you and it's all stripped back I really have nothing negative to say way to go!

Nehemiah: This was very sweet and smooth and I actually enjoyed this the most tonight so far.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - Yes
Aili James - Yes
Drake - Yes
Nehemiah - Yes

Drake: Well done! You're off to bootcamp!
2379 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
09. Walk Off the Earth (Kgamer2218)

Tommy: I don’t know what I was expecting, but it was not that. I thought that it was fun and unique which I want this competition to celebrate. There were parts of it that I thought were really cheesy and not necessary, but that’s probably what makes you – you. Work on them vocals and I’m sure you will do well in this competition!

Aili James: Was this a great audition ? NO. Potential ? YES. I feel like y'all need to work on y'alls harmonising and let the girl take the lead cause she has a beautiful voice.

Drake: The harmonies were great in the song however I will question the song choice, this song has been done so many times and it limits so much due to the vocals a literally the same three notes. I’m just warning you, the girl sounds just like the lead female singer of the chainsmokers. This was pretty good however I know it could be better with a few adjustments way to go!

Nehemiah: This was creative and different. Smart for an audition for sure

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - Yes
Aili James - Yes
Drake - Yes
Nehemiah - Yes

Nehemiah: Walk off the Earth, we will see you at bootcamp! Well done!
2379 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
10. Dua Lipa (BigBrotherFan132)

Tommy: I loved this! You brought the party to the x factor audition stage and I thought it was incredible! Really good vocals and very entertaining. The X Factor needs acts like you that are going to bring the fire to the stage each show. I’m really excited to see what else you can bring.

Aili James: DUA, DUA, DUA! We need someone like you in this competition, your voice! Damn it's so mature and you know how to control your voice, which is a great thing!

Drake: I think you need to annunciate a bit more so I could understand the words clearer. Also the music was a bit overbearing so you need to strip some of it down so I could hear you better. However your voice is very unique, and I think had you picked a better song it could be performanced flawlessly, just watch out for things that may ruin the performance.

Nehemiah: Oh I really digged this so much. Your voice is very powerful and something just that I want to listen to for the whole day. I'm interested to see more.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - Yes
Aili James - Yes
Drake - Yes
Nehemiah - Yes

Tommy: Well done lovely, you're in the competition!
2379 days 13 hours ago
Neme91
A lot of full yes's tonight
2379 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
11. Marina & the Diamonds (BigBrotherFan132)

Tommy: Yas! Yas! Yas! This gave me life! I absolutely love artists like you, you scream individuality and you have a really good voice. You both sound and look aesthetically pleasing and that’s really nice to have on this show. I know for a fact you have a lot of room to grow, you did pretty well on this show a couple of seasons back and I think you could go further this time around.

Aili James: Your voice sounds so haunting, gosh! At the same time, I kinda oddly like it. You have such sass and such a bad ass attitude, that I want to see more of you!

Drake: This was honestly so good, you have everything to look for in a performance. You had the right amount of emotions and diction in your words. You had the right energy that matched the song, and you show the dynamics in your voice, this was honestly a great audition way to go Marina.

Nehemiah: I know you are different and unique but I'm not sure if i liked this.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - Yes
Aili James - Yes
Drake - Yes
Nehemiah - No

Aili James: Marina, you've done enough! You're off to Bootcamp!
2379 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
11. HAIM (BigBrotherFan132)

Tommy: I really liked this, it was different and together you really sound good. As a group you’re really intriguing and I would love to see more from youto get a real understanding of the type of artists you are.

Aili James: Unfortunately I cannot view this performance. Sorry :(.

Drake: You guys are actually really good, you guys harmonized really well and I was jamming to this song you were performing. One of you were really flat in some of the notes when you hit a solo, however it sounded very solid overall and this was a good audition way to go!

Nehemiah: I was slow jamming to this song so hard.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - Yes
Aili James - No
Drake - Yes
Nehemiah - Yes

Nehemiah: Way to go, you're off to bootcamp Haim!
2379 days 13 hours ago
BigBrotherFan132
Thank you, judges! All 3 of my acts made it through to bootcamp <3
2379 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
12. 5 AM (dlmax365)

Tommy: You know, it isn’t my thing at all, but this was really cool. Together you all sound and look good together and I could actually see you working really well as a group on this show. You’re the level of cool I wish that this panel was :P

Aili James: * dances throughout performance * YAAAAS BOYS! Y'all are so current and slaying my existence! Nathan! I like you the most, you're the star of the group!

Drake: This was not good I’m sorry it wasn’t in my opinion, you were off key most of the song aka you were too high for the key given. You guys did not harmonize well and frankly I did not enjoy this audition my apologies, however I don’t think you are ready for this competition yet I'm sorry.

Nehemiah: honestly I didn't like it at all

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - Yes
Aili James - Yes
Drake - No
Nehemiah - No

Aili James: I'm really sorry, but you're not going to bootcamp :(
2379 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
That's all we have time for here on The X Factor, join us tomorrow when 12 more hopefuls take to the audition stage!

Good day!

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!