This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S7] Auditions (Day 3)

Topic » [S7] Auditions (Day 3)

1928 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
1928 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
Good evening and welcome to the third day of #Auditions and we are still on the search for the next big singing sensation!

The judges have taken their seats so let the auditions continue!
1928 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
01. Ali Caldwall "No More Drama" (Brandonh1) #Overs

Tommy:
*claps*
WOW! Ali, I felt like you were fighting for your spot on this competition, that was not just an audition, it was a do or die performance and you DID and then some. Everything about this was killer, the look, the performance, the vocals. I am very very impressed!

Aili James:
*wig* Um you have crazy vocals! I want the overs now just to work with you. You have a very strong and powerful voice. I am a fan. Looking forward to your performances.

Drake:
I don’t know how to feel about this performance, it seems like you might have been scared or something during the beginning like you were scared. However you quickly picked up towards the halfway points of the song, and I’m smiling that when you finally just let go, you really felt the song. I think you have potential to go a far way in this competition, however I want you to step it up a bit from this performance because I really want to see when you go 100% from start to finish.

Melinda:
*stands and claps* WOW! What a great performance! You were hitting those notes like nobodies business! I loved the vocal range you have, it was pop and a mix of soul. I really enjoyed listening to you and you have a raw talented and you could tell you were enjoying yourself and that's what it is all about girl!

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Tommy: 4 YES votes, you're through to the next round! Congratulations!
1928 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
02. One Direction "Perfect" (Brandonh1) #Groups

Tommy:
It's ironic because I really did not think that audition was great. There was a little bit of a half-heartedness, and at some points the pitch was bad and you wasn't reaching your potential. I'm not sure what went wrong, but it just did not come together for me today.

Aili James:
Louis, you sounded so good in this! Definitely one of the strongest groups to audition. Great vocals and sound great together! You guys have great voices and it sounds so good together.

Drake:
Honestly I’m not feeling this potential, like I can see potential in this performance but I’m not honestly impressed with anything. Like only two of you really got into the song instead of focusing on the audience performing. The rest of you sound half-asses and like you’re barely even trying. If you guys make it through auditions I really want you guys to step it up because if not, I don’t see a very bright future for you guys. I wish you all good luck.

Melinda:
I wasn't really into this audition, it felt off some notes were good and some were really bad to be honest with you boys. I could tell you were having fun and that's part of singing. But you still have to maintain a good vocal range and some of the notes just weren't landing for me and maybe you could do better, but I do have to judge just off this one performance.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - NO
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - NO

Aili James: I'm sorry boys, but it's a no for now.
1928 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
03. The Weeknd "Earned It" (omggiraffe) #Boys

Tommy:
This had some lovely moments and some not so lovely moments, but overall it was good. You have a beautiful tone and a softness which comes across as raw and rugged, all at once. I think you have true potential moving forward and that is what I am basing my decision on tonight.

Aili James:
Now I am not your biggest fan. But you have killer vocals and undeniable talent and that shone in his performance and I can't deny talent when I see it.

Drake:
I’m honestly not mad at the mad at the backing vocals in this performance because you overpower them, and you kinda project your voice so you don’t rely on them to sing for you. I also that you made the song you wrote your own. I always enjoy when artists do it for their own songs, and I just really enjoy it. I think weren’t 100% percent into this song, however this was very close and I still had a smile on my face when you performed. I honestly enjoyed it, and I can’t wait to see more from you because you showed you deserve to be in this competition.

Melinda:
I like your voice, and the high notes landed well. It seem very professional and planned out very well for an audition. It just seem like you were a little bored, but still your voice sounded really good here and it's something different and I liked it! Good job.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Drake: Congratulations, you're through to the next stage!
1928 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
04. Haley Reinhart "Creep" (omggiraffe) #Girls

Tommy:
I'm in two minds here and I am being ultra critical because this is one of my favourite songs of all time for it's execution and I remember saying to Ada Vox last season that she actually may ave out done the original, I didn't feel that with you. I just feel that it was not a full and rounded performance. You had a couple of good runs towards the end, but I felt it was a little too late by that point. Just the wrong song for you.

Aili James:
Now I thought La'Porsha slayed Creep! But damn Haley, you just slayed Creep as well! This was simply so haunting and cool and I love your voice. Hopefully whoever gets to mentor the girls takes you far because you got something special.

Drake:
I really wish you used the original version of this from the PostModern Jukebox youtube channel. It just seems like you weren’t even trying in this song, and you just were kinda on autopilot for the first part of the song, and when you had to hit the hard notes you put effort but then back to the low energy that you were presenting. You’re voice is pretty good, and I feel like you have a lot of potential to go far, I just need you to push a lot farther than what I’ve seen here because I kinda got bored with this performance. Hopefully you are able to step it up, but overall good job Haley.

Melinda:
Your voice is very heavy and some people may like this and for me I wasn't really getting anything from it. I get what you were trying to but I wasn't enjoying it really. That's all I have to say on the matter.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - NO
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - NO

Melinda: I'm really sorry, but we won't be taking you to the next stage. Thank you for auditioning today.
1928 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
05. Lady Gaga "Million Reasons" (omggiraffe) #Overs

Tommy:
*stands and claps*
That was beautiful! Truly amazing and the talent you showed in that audition was truly inspiring. You left me with goosebumps and I have no other words for you other than, I can not wait to see what you have in store for us if this is your starting point. Good job!

Aili James:
*stands and claps* Now this is my favorite song by you and I just wish you didn't use this as your audition song because no other song will top this. This shows your vocals beautifully and I love that rasp in your voice. You definitely have powerhouse vocals and I feel like you should go far as well.

Drake:
Who knew our Gaga would be doing a performance that would show vulnerability and emotion. I honestly love this performance of you Gaga, although I would like to see a little bit more originality from how the original song is. I also would like to see you bring me into the song because I felt it around the 2:30 mark of the song and on it just felt like you were really feeling the song and I was just grinning from ear to ear at it. This was a beautiful performance, and just a few tweaks to it I think it will be an amazing performance worthy of the live shows.

Melinda:
This was simple, yet really effective! I enjoyed the softness in your voice. Plus that last note you did made me fall in love with you and your voice even more, this just shows you don't always need to be the big power house to grab everyone's attention because in this really got my attention! Well done girl!

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Tommy: We can't wait to see you at the #SixChairChallenge! *claps*
1928 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
06. Mika "Love Today" (1001games) #Overs

Tommy:
*Gets up and starts dancing with the other judges*
I don't know what came over me, but I could not stop moving to this audition! It wasn't the best vocally, but you delivered and you have the intriguing factor about you Mika and for that reason I want to see more of you! What an enjoyable audition! Well done!

Aili James:
Firstly, why are you so good looking? Your voice is the definition of unique like I don't know how to describe other than simply amazing. I actually really enjoyed this performance, was a great surprise. Like honestly this season I'm torn between whether I want the boys or the overs more, judging by the fact that I've already worked with the girls and groups before, I'm hoping to get either the boys or overs, and you're great so I'm leaning towards the boys now hehe. Oops I just googled and you're in the wrong category, you're 35, so Tommy needs to put you in the overs.

Drake:
Okay if I’m being honest I don’t like the sound of you, like your voice is very annoying to be I’m really sorry. Like you’re relying on your falsetto way to much and sometimes it can beautiful but your falsetto sounds like mine irl, which is very terrible. While you weren’t in your falsetto and you were speak singing, it sounded okay I guess? I just hate the speak singing because it isn’t 100% singing and it sounds very half assed me. I loved your energy and I love the way you feel the song but your voice isn’t really cut out for X Factor I’m sorry.

Melinda:
OH WOW! This was really different! Plus I love this song! Gosh, I really wasn't expecting this at all! Your voice is really unique and it made me smile and dance along with you while you sang! It also seemed that the audience really enjoyed too! I'm excited to see you on the show, because you really made your mark here with that song!

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - NO
Melinda - YES

Aili James: Congratulations on moving on! *claps*
1928 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
07. Regina Spektor "How" (1001games) #Girls

Tommy:
*stands and claps*
Regina, you truly had me from the very first moment you started singing to the very end. I have never heard of you before this point and that really was one of the best auditions I have seen, your vocals were really good, you had contrasting moments and held your vocals really well. Absolutely divine!

Aili James:
Well I've learnt a lesson of not judging a book by it's cover. You sang this so beautifully and every word you sand I felt it. And you can play the piano? LIKE WHAT?! This season is turning out to be a very talented bunch of singers.

Drake:
I really dig this slow performance and adding the layers of the instruments, however I’m supposed to judge on your performance. However I really enjoyed your voice, and how you vocally connected to the song, it really showed that nothing was interfering from this performance, and that you were able keep a connection to the song and impress me vocally. Really good job Regina I really can’t wait to see more from you.

Melinda:
This was beautiful Regina, very classy and classical! I love the feels and vibes I was getting from you! I could picture you on a big stage right now! It may not be the best voice we've heard but I still enjoyed listening to you! Great job darling.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Drake: We will see you again next week! *smiles*
1928 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
08. Matt Andersen "People Get Ready" (1001games) #Overs

Tommy:
I thought this was really nice! It was simple, but your voice was so powerful. I think the Overs category has to be represented with male vocalists like yourself little more and what a perfect person for you. You will have your work cut out for you, but for now - I was a fan!

Aili James:
You're a good singer and I like your rasp but I find you very very boring. But what I like about you is you have a folk side about you that makes me want to just chill by the beach so I'm taking a chance with you.

Drake:
Your voice is very raspy and very interesting, and I’m completely interested. Plus the range you had with your voice, from those low notes to the high notes sounds really good. I really enjoy this performance as you really got into the song, you really remind me of Karen Waldrup but better and like I couldn’t help but jam along with you. Honestly I have nothing bad to say about this performance Matt, you did a really good job and I really hope to see more from you in a good way.

Melinda:
I am really proud of you, I was completely, not out of any disrespect thought you were going to bomb this 100% but you blew me away, you have a strong deep voice and it worked really well with this song and instrument, but I hope you're not just a one hit wonder with this! I want to see you impress me even more!

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Melinda: Can not wait to see you again!
1928 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
09. The Wood Brothers "Keep Me Around" (1001games) #Groups

Tommy:
You guys were just doing your thing in your own little world and I loved that! This is what music is all about, just really getting in tune with it and going for it, and although it wasn't the best performance and the vocals were not mind blowing, I think that you have the most transparent understanding of what music is and our relationship with it and that is beautiful!

Aili James:
Now I actually enjoyed this. You guys just get me in a good mood and puts a smile to my face and I want to listen to you guys more.

Drake:
This performance sounds very tired if I’m being honest, you got better as the song went on, and I will admit that your harmonies sound really good so you have that going for. However I waited a long time in the song to have the main singer’s energy to be bumped up a notch, and it finally got there, however I felt like it was a late start to what I was looking for. I see potential in you guys so I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt, however I hope you take my advice moving forward.

Melinda:
This is a really different act, again I was not expecting! But you guys did such a good job delivering a good speed performance, you kept in time together and harmonised really well as a group and I enjoyed listening to you play and sing. But there is a lot of good singers in this season, can you keep up with the rest?

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Tommy: Well done! You're through to the next stage!
1928 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
10. Why Don't We "Something Different" (Neme91) #Groups

Tommy:
I really liked this, it was cool, it was fresh and you guys each shone at different moments within that audition which I really like to see in a group audition. Vocally, it wasn't that bad and I think you have a lot of room to grow which is important for this competition. With the right song choices and guidance, I could see you in this seasons lives for sure.

Aili James:
LMAO I have to laugh. So you send them home last season and then audition as them this season? WEIRD FLEX BUT OK. Anyways onto the boys. You guys know I love y'all and as the song says y'all are something different and I really love y'all so my decision is obvious. You guys can sing great and maybe give One Direction a run for their money.

Drake:
I’m so glad you guys came back after the tragedy that Neme decided to do, and take you over some of the other groups. For an audition, I could tell that you a lot of you trying to get into the song, however I noticed some of you were a flat when we hit to chorus which sounded a bit off, I also noticed some of you were for involved with the audience than the performance itself which also could affect the way you sing notes. It was a decent performance and I definitely saw a lot potential in you guys, and I honestly can’t wait to see if you have what it take to make it to the live shows this season.

Melinda:
This was a refreshing performance from you lads, the girls will most likely go crazy over you! And I see why! Your voices all worked well together and I liked the fact you chose a laid back song to go for here because it really showed your natural voices and I enjoyed every second of it! Great job lads.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Aili James: You're through to the next stage of the competition! Congratulation!
1928 days 4 hours ago
TommyD
There you have it, another day and we have seen so far 30 acts audition, is one of them about to become the seventh singing sensation? Or are we yet to discover this seasons #XFactor?

Join us tomorrow as we see more acts audition for a spot on the show!

Goodnight!
1928 days 3 hours ago
Jameslu
Mika is 35, not a boy.

Also Haley Reinhart & One Direction being eliminated??? Um what?!
1928 days 3 hours ago
TommyD
Jameslu
Mika is 35, not a boy.

If you see his post, he's been put in Overs :P
1928 days 3 hours ago
spinfur
Blame Tommy he's the true mean judge

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!