This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S7] Auditions (Day 2)

Topic » [S7] Auditions (Day 2)

1955 days 19 hours ago
TommyD
1955 days 19 hours ago
TommyD
Here we are still in London as the search continues for the seventh singing sensation of Tengaged! Will London birth the next champions?

Here come the judges!

Tommy, Aili James, Drake and Melinda!

Let Day 2 of the #Auditions Begin!
1955 days 19 hours ago
TommyD
01. 4th Power "Give It Up" (Iconique) #Groups

Tommy:
*claps*
Girls this was good, you all had a chance to shine and as a performance it really was knockout! You delivered a high level of performing. I do think a different song would suit you a little better, but in terms of an audition and fitting into this competition you have me sold!

Aili James:
This was a very different audition and I feel like with you girls it will either be a hit or a miss and this was a hit to me. I just enjoyed the performance as a whole and could see you doing well.

Drake:
I don’t think you girls sound good together as a group, individually you guys are amazing and I dig each of your voices because there’s something beautiful and something unique about it. However when you guys come together it just doesn’t sound pleasant and very disorganized. It just sounded like a mess, and I just didn’t like it. I don’t know how you guys are as a group if I’m being completely honest, I’d prefer if you guys were solo because I just didn’t enjoy this performance.

Melinda:
Oh wow! I really enjoyed this audition! I kept my smiling throughout the whole song! You girls have a really good present on the stage and kept the audience wanting more! Yes there was some messy notes, but you girls can work on that! I see you being big in the music industry and it was a really good song choice, I loved the high notes you ladies hit and the dance moves were great! Very confident! Loved it!

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - NO
Melinda - YES

Drake: Well girls, I have been outvoted! We will see you again in the next stage of the competition!
1955 days 19 hours ago
TommyD
02. Matt Terry "Writings on the Wall" (Therealariag) #Boys

Tommy:
*stands and claps*
Matt, that was truly beautiful from stat to finish. You really owned that song and it is such a difficult song to get right, it was truly mesmorising and I don't really have a bad word to say about it. This is going to be one of them auditions I always remember.

Aili James:
*standing ovation* I think we may have just found our season 7 winner right here! This was so good. You had so great control. I love the little ad-libs it was so good, you are a clear front runner.

Drake:
This is really good, I noticed the connection and I love how much control you have in your voice which I’m just in love with it. I would try to see if you can make the song a little bit more own because this is just a good cover of the song. I love how much you put into it however I want to see what is Matt’s version of the song and not Sam Smith’s version of the song. Overall though for an audition, this was really good and I really enjoyed it. You came out swinging to way to go Matt I really enjoyed this

Melinda:
This again was another really well put together audition! The boys are killing it this year! I loved the different tones in your voice and the high notes really got me! I enjoyed watching you sing it made me happy and the overall performance was really good and you should be proud with what you delivered! Good job!

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Melinda: Matt, Congratulations! You're through to the next stage! *claps*
1955 days 19 hours ago
TommyD
03. Scarlett Lee "Your Song" (Therealariag) #Girls

Tommy:
*stands and claps*
WOW! Scarlett! WOW! I think you had a bit of a wobbly start, but oh my by the time you had finishes - that was phenomenal! You really engaged with it lyrically and it was nice to see your journey, even at this auditions stage. The backing vocals really complimented your vocal and you lead the way. A great audition!

Aili James:
I'm not going to lie I didn't really like how you did this song like it's different bu I'm not a fan of this. So boring and Your Song is such a beautiful song and this just left me wanting more.

Drake:
That first note sounded very pitchy and very shaky which kinda made me wonder if I was going to say yes to this performance already. However you slowly got me back after getting control on your voice and your pitches. I would say there wasn’t enough energy in this performance though because I just couldn’t feel how emotional it was, and how much you connected to it. I think you were on a low energy mode when singing this cause it seemed like your voice was on autopilot mode if that makes sense. Overall you did enough to get you through your audition however I would like to see you push a bit more in the future.

Melinda:
*stands and claps* WOOOOW! Girl you've got the song stuck in my head! I might just have to say this but, you sang that better then the original version! Honestly all the notes were really good and I could see and feel the emotion off you coming from your voice! You're extremely talented and this show is for people like you! Honestly that was really good and you're one of my picks to make it towards the live shows! Great job!

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - NO
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Tommy: Don't listen to the mean old judge, you're through to the Six Chair Challenge!
1955 days 19 hours ago
TommyD
04. Sia "Chandelier" (Therealariag) #Overs

Tommy:
Sia, I have mixed feelings about this, there were some moments I really liked and some moments I really did not like. However, I can see the potential and I just don't think this was the right performance for you, it didn't show fight in my opinion, but I as I said, the potential shines through.

Aili James:
Oh mother fucker yes! Your vocals send chills down my spine Sia! There's no one's voice who can match yours, you are unique! SOMETHING WE NEED IN THIS COMPETITION!

Drake:
I know I said no to you last season with Neme causing you to not make it to the next round of the competition. However I love that even then you took critique and came back with a stronger performance in all aspects that I’m looking for. I could feel you tried to push for emotion and tried to push your voice instead of just relying on how the song is, and rely on the safe songs. You didn’t try to entertain you performed which is what I love about this performance and like this improvement has truly made me happy and want you to be in the next round of the competition.

Melinda:
This had some good and bad parts to the song, I felt like some of the notes were more forced then others, however I did actually enjoy your voice and the song and it felt really raw which I also enjoyed, there is always room for improvement and I see a lot coming for you!

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Aili James: We will see you again at the #SixChairChallenge!
1955 days 19 hours ago
TommyD
05. Coldplay "Something Just Like This" (Therealariag) #Groups

Tommy:
Well, what a way to audition! It was very out there and you know looking past the facade, you had a good performance, it was entertaining and your vocals were not actually that bad. I think with the right mentoring, you could really WOW us!

Aili James:
*stands and claps* LMAO I remember your mess up last year! Chris Martin is a great singer and I'm glad he gets to show it off. Definitely one of the better groups this year! I love your voice so much, it' just so perfect.

Drake:
Gee it seems like I heard this performance before, like maybe last season during the six chair challenge. Was this the best song for you guys vocally? Not really because I know the potential you guys have when it comes down to it. However with this performance I do see the potential you guys have. I want you guys to push it even further than this because this is a very boring and safe performance, so I really need you guys to step it up next time.

Melinda:
Okay, I don't know how I feel about this, this was a little bit auto-tuned to me, but the audience was loving it and I guess it was good, I just wasn't really feel the voice. The music and instruments were played really well, I do feel towards the end you were more tired out and waiting for it to end, but I'm just not sure.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Drake: Guys, you're on the show! Congrats!
1955 days 19 hours ago
TommyD
06. Ariana Grande "The Way" (Silver09) #Girls

Tommy:
Ariana, I really liked this stripped back audition, it really showed off your vocal ability to it's best. You know, Ariana got to the Top 12 back in season one and I think with the right song choices you can do it again and possibly get as far as the finals.

Aili James:
Letting you go last year was a hard decision and this year you proved I may have made a mistake. No one can do those high notes and sing in their falsetto like that. I love listening to it and hope you go far this year Ariana.

Drake:
You sounded congested and in parts of the song, I don’t know if you were sick or not. However this was a decent performance compared to the others you’ll need improvement but this was just enough to get you through auditions I think. I also love how you keep trying to come back again and again to prove that you have the X Factor so I’m hoping you can amaze us his season so you can make it to the live shows. For this performance though I wasn’t real impressed but it was good enough.

Melinda:
I felt good about this at the start, then towards the middle and end I was getting bored. I didn't really feel your voice. It felt lacklustre to me and I wasn't enjoying myself. I could see you were having a good time which is always good but for me this wasn't a good song choice for this audition and I felt as if you could of done much better girl! But as it is I have to judge off this performance only and I wasn't liking it.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - NO

Melinda: Well, you have your three YES votes and you're through to the next stage!
1955 days 19 hours ago
TommyD
07. Nicki Minaj "Flawless" (Silver09) #Overs

Tommy:
Well that was very different to what we are used to on this show, but we have no boundaries when it comes to auditions. I really respect the bravery of this audition and although you have a very different and unique style of performing, there were aspects of this I liked and I hope that we do get to see some more of you.

Aili James:
Oh no honey no. I have no comment other than not my cup of tea. Wish you auditioned with a better song.

Drake:
Last season we had Sharaya J who even though I regret not taking to the live shows, I really enjoyed her presence. You have the exact same presence as her maybe even a stronger one which really makes me smile. Now for the performance, I only got a small bit of performance from you since you had multiple distractions, but what I saw in this performance I’m intrigued about, and I’m willing to see more of you I just hope the other judges feel the same.

Melinda:
Oh wow I don't really know what to say about this, I was a little bit confused then I was started to enjoy it more, I have a feeling Drake or Tommy may not really like this, but its my first time here and I say! F**K IT! I really enjoyed watching you rap like this and I had a good time listening to it! Great job girl!

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - NO
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Tommy: Well, well, well, Melinda though wrong and with her, Drake and I are sending you through to the next stage! Good luck!
1955 days 19 hours ago
TommyD
08. Little Mix "Move" (Silver09) #Groups

Tommy:
*claps*
I feel like that was a great showcase of what you are capable of! There were great little moments from you all and it was great to be able to pinpoint that. It got a little breathy in places, but you had a good performance and I can respect how hard that is.

Aili James:
Now I adore you girls but this song didn't do your vocals justice. Nothing impressed me. Just felt meh throughout. I'm sorry girls but I have to base my decision on this performance.

Drake:
It sounds like you girls are speak singing which I’m not sure how to feel about it because it works for this song, however the multiple times you auditioned for this show I’ve seen you guys perform so much better songs and have so many better performances. I do enjoy the harmonizations in this song though, and I’m curious to see what you can bring this season, and see what you can do that will secure the win this season. This was a good performance but I want you to step it up next round if you make it.

Melinda:
Another song I was dancing too! This was a good audition! Nothing gag-worthy or major high notes and we don't always need to see that! I liked the dancing and the different roles you girls took in this song, it shows theirs a wide range of talent in this group and I was super pleased to hear it sitting right here! Good job ladies!

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - NO
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Aili James: Girls, you are through to the next round!
1955 days 19 hours ago
TommyD
09. Noah Mac "Way Down We Go" (Brandonh1) #Boys

Tommy:
*claps*
That was a near perfect audition! You really showed off your power and your range, it was great to see! You have great control over your voice and I honestly can see you going a long way in this competition. The Boys are an underrated category, but we have to remember out of six seasons, they have stolen the crown twice and I think you can do the same here.

Aili James:
*stands and claps* I like your voice a lot. Those lower notes get me every time! This was a great audition, you're definitely someone to look out for! This was a really good performance! I'm keen to see how far you go.

Drake:
As a note from this performance, you kept moving around and it sounded like you were running out of breathe. I suggest don’t move around in songs that really require you to sing vocally or try to learn to control it. That’s my only piece of critique because this performance was really good, it sounded like you were really getting into the song, and vocally this was perfect when it came to the notes and everything. I really like you Noah I could see you going far if you keep this up.

Melinda:
Boy! This was an amazing audition! You got me clapping to the beat and that's hard to do! I loved the deep soothing sound in your voice, you picked the perfect song to do this with and I really enjoyed watching you sing, it looked like you were having a great time and we really haven't heard a voice like yours yet and I'm really excited for you! Good job!

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Drake: Congratulations, you're through to the next stage of the competition! The #SixChairChallenge
1955 days 19 hours ago
TommyD
10. Kennedy Holmes "Turning Tables" (Brandonh1) #Girls

Tommy:
*stands and claps*
That was amazing! Almost unrecognisable as an Adele song, you really owned it with what seemed like such little effort, which is great to see. I honestly can see you really shining in this competition, possibly similar to Brooke last season. Good job!

Aili James:
*stands and claps* *throws shoes* How the hell are you 13?! You have such great control and your voice is so mature and it's very very pretty and you're gonna give the girls a run for their money. Definitely one of the strongest girls so far, your voice really amazed me Kennedy!

Drake:
In the beginning you sounded very nervous in beginning which really hindered your performance in the first half of the performance, however as the song went along and once all the chairs turned you just let free and I could see a shining star in you that caused you to just release it out. I really enjoyed what I saw at that point. As I told a previous auditioneer, you need to not worry about singing and just do it because you are an amazing singer, so nerves shouldn’t be a problem for you. This was really good and I hope I get to see you in the next round.

Melinda:
*stands and claps* Wow girl! I love the sound of your voice! You didn't really have to go with the high notes for us to know that you can sing! You pick a good song for your voice and I was loving every moment of it! I love your look and you're a really refreshing girl for the music industry! Great job!

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Melinda: A great audition! You're through to the next round! *claps*
1955 days 19 hours ago
TommyD
There you have it, more have auditioned and it has been a pretty successful day with no eliminations! *claps*

Join us tomorrow, where the judges put more acts through the #Auditions paces!

Goodnight!
1955 days 18 hours ago
TommyD
EDIT:

Coldplay's Verdict is as follows:

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - NO
1955 days 17 hours ago
spinfur
Wow first episode no one got turned away I'll be darned
1955 days 16 hours ago
Jameslu
Am I becoming the mean judge???

But well done everyone!!

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!