This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S7] Auditions (Day 1)

Topic » [S7] Auditions (Day 1)

1955 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
1955 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
Hello and welcome to a brand new season of THE X FACTOR! The show that puts singers to the test as a panel of judges sets out to find the next singing sensation.

Who will join our hall of fame with The Script, Adele, Sam Tsui, Tessanne Chin, Jessica Sanchez and now Chris Blue this season?

In the #Auditions, our hopeful acts will take to the stage for feedback and hopefully a majority YES vote, get a majority and you move on to the six chair challenge, fail to and you go home immediately.

Here are the Season 7 judges!

Tommy!
Aili James!
Drake!
Melinda!

Chris will also be joining us this season as a crucial part of the live shows!

The judges are ready, let's welcome the first hopeful!
1955 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
01. La'Porsha Renae "Creep" (Ajathekween) #Girls

Tommy:
I have never heard that song sung in that particular way, and although it was not perfect, I really did like this! You can see the rawness of your voice coming through in such a natural way and that is beautiful. You have potential.

Aili James:
*STANDS AND CLAPS* What a different and wonderful take on Creep! I really enjoyed this! I wouldn't mind getting the girls category again haha! I really like La'Porsha!

Drake:
Not bad vocally, and I can see you were trying to embody the song with it’s emotions and everything. Really well done vocally and I was impress however my major issue with this performance was you had a lot of pitch issues which is a result of doing the song acapella. It’s okay for an audition however just be weary of that mistake coming into future rounds if you do make it past auditions. I’m interested to see what else you bring or to see if you can step it up so good job.

Melinda:
WOW! For an audition you killed it girl! I loved everything about this performance and you nailed every note! I especially loved the last notes you we're bringing out! This was a killer audition and that is what we're looking for on the X Factor! Fabulous!

#JudgesVerdictL
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Tommy: Congratulations! You're going through to the next stage! *claps*
1955 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
02. Liandrea Johnson "Jesus" (Ajathekween) #Overs

Tommy:
You took it to church! I don't think we have ever had this on The X Factor, and it was really intriguing to see how I felt about it. I liked it! You showed passion and still maintained a respectable level of control. You really felt each and every word, my only criticism is to just be careful you're not oversinging, but other than that I think you have a lot to offer.

Aili James:
Okay now I thought season 6 had a lot of talent. But season 7 has really proved to be a talented bunch of competitors. I like your voice a lot and you are bringing that gospel to the game and taking me to church!

Drake:
I really don’t know how to feel about this performance, like you are definitely a vocal powerhouse, that much is clear. However sometimes there is a thing called too much in a performance and you delivered too much to the plate which really kinda pushed me away from this. Like it just sounds forced and clunky, you’re not really connecting to the song at all you’re just trying to amaze us with your voice which sure you have a good voice but if you look at all the winners, they connect to their songs a lot better than this. I see potential in you just warning you what I look for in the future. Also next time don’t sing an 8 minute song please.

Melinda:
This didn't feel like an audition! It felt like an opening act for a concert girl! You have such a unique voice and it loud and proud! You did a great job delivering this song, but do I think you can beat that? I just feel like its not something that will take you far on this show.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - NO

Aili James: 3 YES votes is all you need, you're of to the next round! Well done!
1955 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
03. No Comment "Surrender" (Ajathekween) #Groups

Tommy:
Although this has some good moments, I think as an overall it lacked something that really turns heads, I liked the movement, but I think the actual vocals were not note perfect. You had a nice moment at the end, but like I said - the package didn't seem complete this time around.

Aili James:
I have no comment. Get it? haha I'm so funny! This was a very good audition, y'alls harmonies are so good omg! The girl who got the solo, Micah? You have a great voice!

Drake:
So my biggest issue is that guys have issues finding the balance between the background music you guys make with the lead vocalist. Because sometimes she gets drowned, although I really enjoyed this. This seemed organized, very upbeat and energetic. I could also feel the lead vocalist connect to the song which is always amazing as well. I see potential in your lot, maybe you can be the next Noreasteners I don’t know. Solid job guys you impressed me with this audition so I really hope I get to see you in the future.

Melinda:
This was an okay different take on this loud pop song, but do I think it was amazing? Not really... I kind of think that the main girl singing voice was lower the then the whole group itself. So it didn't really work for me in this audition, you may be different but it just wasn't right for me, I'm sorry.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - NO
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - NO

Drake: I'm sorry guys, but you have not made it through this time around.
1955 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
04. Kirk Jay "Bless the Broken Road" (ryan5676) #Boys

Tommy:
That was really simple and really beautiful. I loved the country vibe and the other influences matched it perfectly to make a really good audition. It's an interesting mixture and I would love to see more of that moving forward.

Aili James:
*claps* Kirk, this was really good! I love country and I love this song so much and hearing you sing it made my day. What a great start to season 7! Really looking forward to the boys this year.

Drake:
You are definitely a country singer and I’m very interested by the potential you have. You have such a unique tone hat I haven’t heard in this competition yet, and I’m very intrigued on what you have to offer coming into the future rounda. Of course you did have a few pitch issues and some issues with pronunciation however I’m digging your style and I won’t be mad if you make it to the next round because you have a unique way you perform. Good job Kirk really solid performance.

Melinda:
This was a good performance! Very different voice that we haven't really heard before, I could tell you were a little nervous at the start, but who isn't? Still your voice came through towards the end, but I would've liked to seen more movement in this performance!

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Melinda: Well done, you're through to the Six Chair Challenge! We can't wait to see you again!
1955 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
05. Jax (ryan5676) "I Want to Hold Your Hand" #Girls

Tommy:
*claps*
Jax, you completely changed up that song and matched with your voice, I think I liked this version a lot better! The softness to your voice is transfixing and to take on such a big song is a big move at the auditions stage and I really respect that. This is what the auditions stage should be about, good job!

Aili James:
*standing ovation* OMG WTF! THE GIRLS ARE SO TALENTED ALREADY LIKE GOOD HEAVENS PLEASE GIVE ME THE GIRLS AGAIN! Like Jax, your tone is so sweet and clear and listening to your voice makes me fall in love with you, love it!

Drake:
This was very soft and subtle, and I really enjoyed it. It felt like maybe you were holding yourself back? I don’t know it sounded very restrained to me however it doesn’t matter because you’re voice is very beautiful. I could tell you connected with the song well and that is always a good thing. I really have nothing else to say about this performance so good job Jax.

Melinda:
This performance was meh to me. I was kind of getting bored halfway through. Don't get me wrong you have a good voice, but for an audition I wanted you to show me, who Jax is and I really wasn't getting that from you here. It was a little lacklustre for me.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - NO

Tommy: Congratulations! You're through to the Six Chair Challenge!
1955 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
06. Alexandra Burke "Start Without You" (ryan5676) #Overs

Tommy:
Well this made me move! I'm not going to sit here and say I was complete fan of this audition, but it had really good qualities that I think have potential moving forward. I loved the movement and your vocals actually did not really suffer due to this and I thought it was a good song, it's just about balancing with you I think.

Aili James:
Now this wasn't the best vocals I've heard but this song is so catchy that I think song choice may just save you. But if you make it to the next rounds, you definitely need to up your game! I really am conflicted, because I can see potential but I don' know if I'm willing to say yes based on this performance.

Drake:
Can’t wait for one of the judges to say “Oh Drake is going to hate the backing vocals” and their right I fucking hate it. You’re voice somehow sounds autotuned when this is supposed to be a live performance, and I’m not really digging. I do enjoy the bits of your voice when it doesn’t seemed autotuned. I do see potential but barely any because of how much you rely on entertaining the audience by dancing around and using backing vocals, and it isn’t just something I enjoy when I see people performing. I want to see raw talent not… prerecorded shit in a live performance. I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and hope you take this advice because I do see potential.

Melinda:
YES! I LOVE THIS! Honestly, this was such a good audition! This just shows you don't need to hit the high notes or do anything crazy with your voice! It looked like you were having a great time and you were in your element! I loved the dance moves and your voice felt so good in this song! Honestly such a good performance so glad I got to witness this!

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - NO
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Aili James: Well, I have been outvoted! We will see you again at the next stage!
1955 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
07. JLS "Love You More" (ryan5676) #Groups

Tommy:
This audition was a bit of a hard one for me because I think vocally it started off very weak, but by the time you got your groove and came to the end of the song, you were really strong. In terms of potential, I can see some there and I would be interested in seeing your story if you do move forward. I'm going to base this on the second half of the song.

Aili James:
I really found this performance so boring. Like nothing stood out to me, it was a snooze fest in my opinion.

Drake:
I didn’t really enjoy this performance if I’m being completely honest. Your harmonies seem a bit off, and it doesn’t even sound like your trying to connect to the song at all, you’re just trying to perform for a crowd of screaming fangirls, which you are but like I’m not a screaming fangirl. Plus your voices don’t sound like they are there, it just sounds like your speaking and you think you’re singing. Not a pleasant thing to listen to, I don’t know that’s how I hear it, and that’s my opinion I’m just not impressed sorry guys.

Melinda:
I liked bits of this performance, some of the notes were off, but when they were working together you guys sounded really good! Sometimes I couldn't really hear what you were saying, but this is the learning stage and I always see room for improvement and with a little work you guys could be great! So I'll give you a chance!

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - NO
Drake - NO
Melinda - YES

Drake - I'm really sorry, but it's not the season for you. Thank you for auditioning.
1955 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
08. Chloe Paige "Crying For No Reason" (QueenMichelle) #Girls

Tommy:
Chloe, that was a beautiful audition! I really enjoyed it and just listening to you deliver what you got was stunning. I've never mentored the Girls before and auditions like this get me really excited at that being a possibility. I see big things for you in this competition. Great job!

Aili James:
You have something raw in your voice. Like I can feel the pain when you sing. I  feel we definitely need to hear more from you, you got something special.

Drake:
When you started I could tell you were really nervous to perform since you voice was tense and didn’t want to really produce the notes. I also noticed that on the final “ooo” of your performance, however once you got into the song I could seriously feel your presence in the song. It felt really powerful, and definitely a good song choice for your voice. Also once you got into the song I could feel the emotion and the pain this song requires. Chloe I think you just need to shake some of those nerves off because you are a good performer, it’s just the matter of being more confident.

Melinda:
I like this! I wasn't too much and it wasn't too little, it was just right for an audition! And for a song like this I didn't expect high notes and you did a really good job delivering it! I could tell you were a little bit nervous, but I can forgive that! Still this was a good performance!

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Melinda: Well done! 4 YES votes and you are off to the next round!
1955 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
09. Koryn Hawthorne "My Kind of Love" (Iconique) #Girls

Tommy:
Koryn, you have a great amount of power, it is very heartwarming to see and I just want to see what you have moving on, you're the type of act that really make this group worth doing. I definitely want to see more.

Aili James:
*throws shoes and standing ovation* Okay now Koryn, this was phenomenal. Like your vocals are so strong and listening to your voice makes me want to dance and nod my head in agreement with everything you said! Like you are a serious threat!

Drake:
Jesus fucking christ the power in your voice, like I am honestly amazed by how powerful your voice truly is from that first note. You brought the proper attitude, you let the song flow through you. I honestly am amazed by your voice, although I feel as though the backing band kinda overpowered you in some bits, maybe you could try being a bit louder which could help but don’t push yourself. This was one of the best performances I have heard so far way to go Koryn.

Melinda:
This was an okay performance, I don't really think this was a good song choice for you, to be honest. The music was taking over your voice and it felt a bit more forced when you were delivering some of the notes. But I do think you have potential and I think you deserve another chance!

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Tommy: You're off to the next round! Way to go!
1955 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
10. Dalton Harris "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word" (Iconique) #Boys

Tommy:
*claps*
That was beautiful and most probably one of the best auditions I have seen in seven seasons of this show. You had floods of emotion, you delivered and excecuted each and every note with precision. That will be a hard audition to top! Well done!

Aili James:
Sometimes your voice sounds so weird but weird in a way that I like it. I see a whole lotta potential in you. You could definitely make it far in this competition with that voice.

Drake:
I feel like you’re on the fence between connected emotionally to the song versus trying to perform it to impress us. You have one hell of a voice which sounds really nice and pleasant, however it sounds like some of the notes you really tried to connect to it, while other sounded a bit half done, like that final note sounded really tired and I didn’t feel effort coming to end it off. I see potential but you need to really push yourself to make sure every note sounds like you’re trying. Overall good audition and I can’t wait to see more from you.

Melinda:
I really enjoyed this! I felt your emotion pouring through here, as you can tell by the way you sang this song! You did really well hitting the higher notes! I think you have a lot more to show and I think you can go really far with a voice like yours! Good job!

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Melinda - YES

Aili James: Boy, you're through to the next stage! Well done! *claps*
1955 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
There you have it, we have had some auditions here today that really impressed our judges, but the search continues tomorrow for our potential season seven winner!

Goodnight!

*claps*
1955 days 17 hours ago
melindaMrskk
my first ever episode!! eekkk!
1955 days 17 hours ago
TommyD
melindaMrskk
my first ever episode!! eekkk!

You did good! Well done! <3
1955 days 7 hours ago
ryan5676
Yes I got 3 of my acts through!

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!