This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S8] Auditions, Part 6

Topic » [S8] Auditions, Part 6

1912 days 11 hours ago
TommyD

Good evening and welcome to the last episode of the #Auditions here on The X Factor 8! *cheers*

Tonight, the judges give their verdicts on 9 more acts, PLUS we will be revealing which judges are mentoring which categories!

The judges have taken their seats, let the auditions continue...
1912 days 11 hours ago
Jameslu
Eeeks category reveal time!!!
1912 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
01. Jorja Smith "Don't Watch Me Cry" (hazbez94)

Aili James:
*claps* Wow what an angelic voice you have there! You have such pain in your voice and I like that because you are able to convey the emotion spot on. This was such a good audition and the girls are so good this year! Gonna be heartbreaking watching the 6 chair challenge.

Carly Jay:
Your voice sounds so unique and it drew me in. What I love about this audition is that it was simple, yet you still captured my attention. You sounded beautiful and I'm curious to see what you bring us in future weeks.

Drake:
This was very beautiful, you have such a soft voice that I could easily get memorized in. From this performance alone I see something special in your that I don't think a lot of people might see, and it's your ability to connect to a song and just people lost in it through emotion and the softness in your voice. Like some people might say it's boring but I don't think it's boring, and I think this had just enough and maybe even more to really just bring everything together so beautiful and it all flowed well so good job here Jorja I think you should definitely move on to the next round.

Tommy:
I really enjoyed this, your vocal was beautiful and the fact that there was not much instrument collaboration it just showed the beauty of your voice even more. It was still and simply stunning. Well done!

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Carly Jay - YES
Drake - YES
Tommy - YES

Jorja Smith, you're through to the next stage! *claps*
1912 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
02. Fantasia Barrino "Lose To Win" (hazbez94)

Aili James:
Your voice is definitely either a hit or miss. Some either love it or some hate it. Sometimes it does annoy me a bit but this time it sounded quite nice! I enjoyed this performance more than I thought I would! Keep coming with performances like this!

Carly Jay:
What I love about you is that if I were to close my eyes I'd know your voice instantly. Very solid audition and your vocals were strong, but I know you can bring it. The end was when we really saw you come to life!

Drake:
Hey I remember you from season 6 when I was mentoring the overs, and I had to let you go because I just didn't think you have the potential to win that season. However here your really showing the power behind your voice, I just think you had issues truly keeping your energy consistent or you seemed you kept getting distracted by the audience or something I don't know because there were times that I didn't enjoy and times I really did enjoy and I can tell you were really trying to put on a performance. Overall a good audition to show potential but you better step it up because you might suffer the same fate you did in Season 6 if you don't.

Tommy:
I have mixed feelings with this, I think it was good and I see potential, but there was a level of going that little bit too far, and that can happen. However, for the audition stage, it was good.

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Carly Jay - YES
Drake - YES
Tommy - YES

Fantasia Barrino has made it to the second stage! Congrats! *Claps*
1912 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
03. London Grammar "Purple Rain" (hazbez94)

Aili James:
Woah that voice is so different to what I was expecting! I like your take on this song because it's so different to the usual belting of those notes that it makes me enjoy this because it's a breath of fresh air!

Carly Jay:
Did you just take on Prince? Did you just perform his iconic song Purple Rain? You are brave and I love that! Was it my favorite cover of this song? No, but it's up there and I think you proved tonight that you are not afraid to take risks.

Drake:
Your voice is certainly unique, I just don't honestly know how to feel about it because it's a good voice for certain songs, but you have to truly get into the song to really unlock your voice's potential. If I'm being quite honest I didn't get anything from this performance the potential is there vocally, but I need more than vocally. I want to see a performance and I just didn't sense anything from this, if you look at Dalton Harris' performance of this song last season you can tell that he put on a performance and embodied the emotion it required to sing this song whether it was a happy or sad emotion. I just felt nothing from you and I just felt disappointed.

Tommy:
This is an iconic song! However, I don't really think I liked this version, it just felt a little bit lackluster for me. You had some really nice moments, but overall it just was not as impressive as I think this song should be.

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Carly Jay - YES
Drake - NO
Tommy - NO

London Grammar, unfortunately you have not made it through! Thank you for auditioning today! *claps*
1912 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
04. Troye Sivan "Bloom" (PoisonedHeart)

Aili James:
Why are you so fucking hot? This wasn't your best performance if I am being completely honest and now I adore you but I have to base this based on how you sounded in this. There was some good parts once you hit the chorus and I feel like you got more into killing it towards the middle of the song!

Carly Jay:
You have a good voice and overall this was a solid performance. What I liked most was how you were just in the groove and feeling yourself. That confidence will take you far if you make it to the next round. Vocally I would like to see you push your boundaries a bit, as this felt sort of too consistent.

Drake:
Okay I can't even listen to this for a minute, my biggest problem about this whole performance is just you were purposely trying to sound tired and look so cool like you don't want to be here. This is the X Factor, if want to act like you don't want to be here than you shouldn't be here. Not to mention that you voice sounds heavily autotuned and there was no raw vocal I could actually enjoy because of all the background music and it's just honestly so cringy watching you trying to be this cool poser type performer, and I hope to god you don't make it to the six chair challenge because you honestly don't deserve the chance sorry if I sound harsh but it's my honest opinion.

Tommy:
Hmmm... I was not a complete fan, I think it had some moments where it just didn't feel impressive, but that being said - there is something in you that I think you can prove to us why you should be in this competition, you have a fresh vibe about yourself and I like that. You have got to bring it ALL in the next round if you make it to really stick out.

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Carly Jay - YES
Drake - NO
Tommy - YES

Troye Sivan, 3 VOTES is enough, you are through to the second stage! *claps*
1912 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
05. Criolo "Convoque Seu Buda" (PoisonedHeart)

Aili James:
It's always risky auditioning with an artist singing a different language. I could sense you were feeling the song but I just don't know how I feel about it.

Carly Jay:
No clue what you were singing about, but I can still tell you have a good voice and gave it your best. When the chorus hit I could tell you were connecting with the lyrics. Overall you bring something different to the table, but I'm not sure how far it will take you.

Drake:
You know I may not understand what you're saying but honestly i don't really care, you got rhythm and you have a unique way of performing. Rap artists really are underdogs in this series and from what I see here I think you have potential compared to some of the others who auditioned that are rap artists and you have the flow and the power behind those lyrics and I could tell you were rapping from the heart. I don't know how far you will make it in the competition but I'm always willing to give new and unique artists a chance at this competition so it's worth a shot and it was a good shot

Tommy:
I think the music was your biggest downfall, it just felt like there was not enough to base a decision off tonight and unfortunately that's what I have to base the decision off.

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - NO
Carly Jay - NO
Drake - YES
Tommy - NO

Criolo, unfortunately you have not made it through to the next stage of the competition! *frowns* thank you for auditioning!
1912 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
06. Perota Chingó "Aguacero" (PoisonedHeart)

Aili James:
Another artist singing in a different language. My only concern is that we don't know what you're saying so judging is a lot harder and complicated, vocally this song made me want to dance along even though I don't know what you're saying but it's a risk.

Carly Jay:
Honestly, I have a hard time accepting this as a live performance. Yes, you have clips performing on stage but they were taken at different times which confuses me as to which is the true performance. Vocally however I really enjoyed it and the uniqueness you bring to the show.

Drake:
I honestly don't know what's going on with this performance, is it even a live performance because there's so many jump cuts that I have no idea. Plus the vocals where all over the place as well, I honestly didn't know what to focus in and it was just a mess in my opinion I really having nothing to critique or go off of so sorry that's all I have to say

Tommy:
I really wanted more from this, like constantly. I wanted to love it, but I don't think it was incredible. I think it might have been song choice, but something about this felt a little off tonight.

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - NO
Carly Jay - NO
Drake - NO
Tommy - NO

Perota Chingó, I'm really sorry, but you have not made it through to the second stage.
1912 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
07. Josh Daniels "Jealous" (chillum)

Aili James:
*stands and claps* *cries* Probably the audition of the day! You have so much emotion and the meaning behind the song for you touched my heart! This was so beautiful and touching, I thank you so much for auditioning and blessing us with this performance.

Carly Jay:
*Standing Ovation and fights back tears* That is all! See you next week!

Drake:
Vocally there was a few issues that seemed like you were running out of air or you had trouble getting that low to the and it just sounded really breathy. However I could see you were really trying and your voice sounds really pleasant to listen to. I think there were some nerves in this performance, but overall this was a very solid audition and I think perhaps with a better song you could do even better and push yourself even further than this.

Tommy:
"*jumps up and claps*
WOW! Josh, WOW! That was amazing! You completely changed that song and the emotion. Oh my goodness. You just... That was tough! I'm going to remember this audition for a long time to come! "

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Carly Jay - YES
Drake - YES
Tommy - YES

Josh Daniels - you are through to the next round! *claps*
1912 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
08. Bella Paige "Praying" (melindaMrskk)

Aili James:
*stands and claps* WOW WOW WOW. This was absolutely phenomenal! And you hit those big notes like a pro! You can such great control and such a big voice! And girl when you hit that high note it had me shaking and chills went down my spine!

Carly Jay:
Such a powerful song and performance you just gave us. If you don't make it to the next round I would be shocked. You excelled at the high note and gave me chills!

Drake:
This is such a bold audition song choose and honestly the power and the presence you have was amazing. I believe Aili James said this is the season is rasp and I have to agree because your voice has so much rasp and it doesn't sound force, it sounds natural on every note which how I know you're really trying. Also don't get me started at the high note you completely nailed which is a really hard note for anyone to hit girls and boys so that was really amazing. Overall this was a really great performance good job.

Tommy:
WOW! Bella! That note! *slams desk* you killed it! I 100% think if you keep it up like this you'll go a long way! Well done!

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Carly Jay - YES
Drake - YES
Tommy - YES

Bella Paige - we will see you again in the #SixChairChallenge!
1912 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
09. Lucy O’bryne "Un Bel Di Vedremo" (melindaMrskk)

Aili James:
*claps* ARE YOU AN ACTUAL ANGEL????! After having Katherine Jenkins last season, I am in love with opera singers and my god Lucy this was so beautiful! Like you have incredible control and range and its amazing how you're able to sound this good!

Carly Jay:
Not really the genre of music I go for, but there is no denying you have a fantastic voice. You sound so clear and crisp while singing with such conviction. Truly beautiful audition.

Drake:
Damn girl it's hard to do opera in fact we rarely get opera singers on the show, like we had Katherine Jenkins last season but I don't know if she truly counted as an opera singer. You however are 100% an opera singer because you have the projection and the overall power of one. I don't know about this performance but you showed us what you can do and I am honestly impressed with what you have presented. I think maybe you could connect a bit more to the song to show a little bit more emotion so it could be a performance I can cry at but that's just me being picky for auditions good job.

Tommy:
Last audition of the season and I loved that it was so different! We need variety on this show and I think we need you! Completely in love with this audition! Well done! *claps*

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James - YES
Carly Jay - YES
Drake - YES
Tommy - YES

Lucy O’bryne you are through to the next stage! Congratulations! *claps*
1912 days 11 hours ago
hellocat
Nice to know y'all remember Katherine

Plus Drake she's a soprano is the highest part of singing for female singers so yeah she's an opera singer
1912 days 11 hours ago
Jameslu
Katherine was so good!
1912 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
There you have it, the judges have sent SIX more acts through to the #SixChairChallenge, but that is it now - we are derigging the arenas, the Auditions are OVER!

It is now time to find our what category each judge will mentor this season at determined by random draw. Going into the #SixChairChallenge this judge will have sole power over who get's a seat and who does not.

You can find out your mentor by clicking your link below! Good luck!

#Boys - https://bit.ly/2MwR8Qs

#Girls - https://bit.ly/2DvDmL6

#Over30s - https://bit.ly/2B2Cj3r

#Groups - https://bit.ly/2HG1WwX

Work on the #SixChairChallenge will start immediately and the submission thread will open shortly.

Best of luck and goodnight!

*claps*
1912 days 11 hours ago
hellocat
Also guess what-

I HAVE TICKETS TO A KATHERINE JENKINS PERFORMANCE IN BIRMINGHAM

SHE'S LIKE MY IDOL SO IT'S A BIG DEAL
1912 days 11 hours ago
hellocat
YASSS AILI HAS THE GROUPS AGAIN- ABBA'S HAPPY

CARLY HAS THE BOYS!!!

TOMMY HAS THE GIRLS WHICH IS WHAT HE WANTED

AND DRAKE HAS THE OVERS- HOPEFULLY HE LIKES DOLLY

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!