This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S8] Live Shows: Top 14, Part 2

Topic » [S8] Live Shows: Top 14, Part..

1899 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
1899 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
1899 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
Hello and welcome to The X Factor 8 (slightly later than planned)!

Tonight, the #Boys and #Girls show us their songs of love and by the end of it two acts will be put in danger of going home in tomorrow nights elimination episode.

Please welcome your judges,

Tommy, Carly Jay, Chris, Drake, Aili James!

*claps*

Let the Top 14 live shows continue!
1899 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
01. Bella Paige (melindaMrskk)

Tommy:
*stands and claps*

This was absolutely beautiful! I loved the originality and the conviction behind your vocal is just awe inspiring. For me, you were a risk taking forward and you are really showing the judges and I how it pays to take risks in this competition. Well done!

Carly Jay:
It’s nice to hear an original from you. You have such a commanding vocal presence even though you don’t seem on the appearance wise as intimidating. Without a doubt you are going to be a touch one to challenge this season.

Chris:
Of all the artist this season I think you're the one who still establishing your style & artistry here and I wish I can see you grow here because I still can't relate to you. But as for your performance, I think you sang it ok not bad and not that great. Still a good job though!

Drake:
I don’t know whether you were holding back or you were forcing out the notes, perhaps there was a little bit of both in this performance. I actually enjoyed it being an original song, however that has his own risk since it didn’t seem like you were changing it up to make it even more original than your original but that could just me assuming something. The biggest I do have was that you were both forcing and holding back at the same time which I didn’t think it was possible. It was a solid effort, and I could see you really connect to the song you just need to put that in your voice like last time.

Aili James:
*claps* Oh Bella! This was a very different side to see from you! I'm so used to you singing ballads that seeing you sing a pop like song is so refreshing and good job! I like this so much!

*claps*
1899 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
02. Jordan Smith (boozes)

Tommy:
*claps*
Jordan, I think this was what you needed. It flowed really nicely, you had a lovely vocal. I was completely shocked that you were in the bottom two last week and although you are against my girls tonight, I do hope that this isn't the case once again. Good luck!

Carly Jay:
*Claps* I don’t know what happened last week except that I hope the judges learned from their mistake of putting you in the bottom 2. This performance and your voice in general is proof enough that you deserve to be here and among the top 2 this week.

Chris:
I still don't get why you were in the bottom two last week, you just don't deserve it and even this week! I'm stunned in your performance as you sang it beautifully, flawless, and with passion. I like the song choice which fitted for this week's theme, 'only love can definitely save us now' indeed!

Drake:
This is the Jordan I been wanting compared to the Jordan we saw last week, like seriously if you are in the bottom this week for this performance I will be severely questioning the ability of the judges. You brought the emotion, and the vocals were there, and you just truly got into the song which really improved the vocals by tenfold. Plus the song choice was a really smart, and you really turned an original song you made into something magical. I have nothing but positive remarks to say about this Jordan good job.

Aili James:
*stands and clap* WOW JORDAN! What an improvement from last week! I loved this so much! You honestly just showed us why Carly Jay believed in you in the first place, excellent!

*claps*
1899 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
03. Pleun Bierbooms (ryan5676)

Tommy:
*stands and claps*
Pleun, I thought this was great and this is just what you needed, it was such a moving vocal and you had such variation of tone and it was beautiful. I would be absolutely devastated if you ended up in the bottom two again tonight so good luck!

Carly Jay:
By far my favorite performance of your to date. Your vocals were beautiful and it was a different setting from what we’re used to. Overall, very beautiful vocal performance.

Chris:
Oh my gosh, what a heartbreak song and I like how you conveyed your emotion to it. Listening to this was lit and it blends well to your voice. Because of that, I have knock-knock joke. Knock! Knock! [Who's there?] Pleun. {Pleun, who?] Pleun night only, Pleun night only! That's all you have to spare. Pleun night only Let's not pretend to care.

Drake:
Okay is this the live show of original songs? The first three have been original songs which I’m not complaining but this rarely happens when it comes to The Voice contestants. For the performance itself, I don’t think this was a bounce back from the previous time with you being in the bottom. I will say it is better than your previous performance last week but not by much if I’m being completely honest here. This song seemed very repetitive, and you didn’t try to change it up and you kinda went into the autopilot mode during the chorus which sounded very tired. One of the positive things I did notice was how beautiful your voice sounded when it was stripped back, and you had the emotion throughout the song minus the chorus. Overall a pretty decent performance, hopefully it’s enough to keep you safe.

Aili James:
*claps* Honestly Pleun, this is the first time in this competition that you made me love your performance! This was such a good performance and your vocals sounded great and you definitely shouldn't be in the bottom after this performance!

*claps*
1899 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
04. Joshua Ledet (DrG2) #Wildcard

Tommy:
*claps*
Joshua, I think this was actually my favourite vocal from you. It was a lot more toned down and I thought it was your best performance yet. I'm a lot more excited by you as an artist after that performance. Well done!

Carly Jay:
An emotional performance delivered in such a raw and moving way. Vocally you sounded strong, but it wasn’t one of your more entertaining performances. However, I think you still know how to bring this fire to your competitors’ feet.

Chris:
*standing ovation* Thank you so much for a sensational performance you provided to us tonight. I'm still overwhelmed [typing this] because of overflowing soul you conveyed in the song. It was just so flawless and the consistency in some notes are very impressive.

Drake:
There some performance that really make me want to hear more from, and I don’t mean in a good way. I was really disappointed in this performance Joshua, as I felt like you were building up to something that never got there. The beginning was very slow for me, and left a little bored, but when you hit the chorus I was hoping that was just a slow build up and you could unleash what I know you can unleash like your performance last week, however I was just left with empty wishes because I didn’t see the Joshua I fell in love with last week. In fact I saw the opposite, that you were holding back and not pushing yourself like I know you do every week. This wasn’t my favorite performance of yours I’m sorry Joshua.

Aili James:
Oh our controversial contestant. I really hope you have become more grateful for being in this competition and over throwing shade. Now onto your performance, this was a good performance because you had a lot of emotion and connected to the song! I must say though at times it got very boring like normally I say you overperform your performances? Now you underperformed.

*claps*
1899 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
05. Chloe Kohanski (aria_grande)

Tommy:
*stands and claps*

Chloe, you're just so captivating. All i want to do is see more, and watch you and listen to that voice which I am just growing to love more and more each and every time you perform. For me this was a stand out performance. Well done!

Carly Jay:
Something about this reminded me a bit of Lady Gaga. Just the swagger and confidence that oozes from you so effortlessly. Was it your strongest performance? No, but I don’t think it was bad by any means.

Chris:
I like how you revived that song and make it your own, it was so innovative, you deliver it well and it such a bop especially when the violin and drum plays. Your voice is really interesting and it blends together beautifully to the music. Well done!

Drake:
Hmm I’m not sure if this was a good song choice for the theme love however what do I know, I just feel the song was a little bit of a stretch for the theme of love. I appreciate the energy you have when singing this and I could really tell you were getting into it which it always a good thing to see. I just don’t think it was as strong as the performance I have heard tonight, like don’t get me wrong I enjoyed this performances and everything, it just seemed very restricted for you yet again when I know you can absolutely stun me with your voice like when you performed Landslide in the six chair challenge. I think this performance is very safe, and just very meh but I think it was a step up from last season since you stuck to your genre and didn’t try to take on a Cyndi Lauper song. Overall good job Chloe just really need you to step it up soon.

Aili James:
*stands and claps* Chloe you are such a talented artist! You have one of the best voices in this competition and listening to you sing makes me smile! What a great job and I loved every bit of this!

*claps*
1899 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
06. Matt Terry (aria_grande)

Tommy:
Matt, this was a different song choice for you and it was good, like different and I think that ending part of that performance was actually really good. Way to go Matt, you're showing yourself to your best potential. Well done!

Carly Jay:
*Standing Ovation* So perfect and powerful. I’m so glad to be your mentor and I think this performance showed your vocal strengths. The arrangement helped as well to bring this to the next level.

Chris:
*standing ovation* I really appreciate those boys singing high range songs because it wasn't that so easy and then make it their own and sang it well, very impressive! The song is definitely fitted for this week's theme and thank you so much for serenading us tonight.

Drake:
Okay Matt I’m going to start with the obvious here and say you shouldn’t be sitting when you’re singing Mariah. During the first part of the song you were sitting, and it really hindered a lot of the notes you were singing, and some of them seem very off, plus the airway was kinda getting blocked to the notes didn’t sound as strong as they could be. When you stood up I could instantly hear the improvement, and hear you singing from your diaphragm. Then after that I just think you were holding yourself back when it comes to emotion, I made this critique last week that I just don’t sense the emotion and connection as much as the other performers have done, like I could sense you were trying like I really could, but I just don’t think you were there all the way. Overall a good job trying to tackle this song, but you need a little bit more to go.

Aili James:
*stands and claps* WOW. What a great song choice Matt! It suited your voice perfectly and you sang this so beautifully. You have such a great tone and this just fitted your voice perfectly! Well done to you and Carly Jay on this song choice! My favorite performance of the night!

*claps*
1899 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
07. Christina Grimmie (Brandonh1) #Wildcard

Tommy:
*stands and claps*
Christina.. WOW.. WOW.. WOW.. That was a moment, an incredible moment! That was truly inspiring! Incredible! i have no other moments than.. *looks to Chris* WELL DONE! *claps*

Carly Jay:
*Claps* So beautiful and moving. You are by far one of the greatest singers we have in this competition. Period.

Chris:
Oh wow! You smashed that song and hitting those high notes made me chills, to be honest. Just be careful as you came shaky in a few notes probably overflowing emotion you put to the song. But overall I am really impressed and I wouldn't mind you if get your second top two for this night. Great job!

Drake:
Honestly this isn’t as good as your performance last week however it’s still a solid performance, I think on those high notes or a lot of the lower notes as well you were holding back, or thinking about how are you doing this performance which kinda slowed the song down for me, and kinda made me bored. However once you got out of the beginning section I could tell you were really getting into it, and even though there were a few moments I was iffy with I still enjoyed this performance a lot. I think you need to not try and force those high notes out or at least try to think about doing them because that was a major issue, it should come naturally and really shock us when it comes out of nowhere. I also think since you were in your head your connection to the song wasn’t there as well. Overall though a good job and I do like this performance.

Aili James:
*stands and claps* OKAY CHRISTINA YOU MIGHT AS WELL JUST WIN THIS WHOLE COMPETITION NOW. You are such a talented vocalist and this was such a good cover of this song! I am so impressed by you and completely in shock that Tommy sent you home in the first place, you're really showing that you are a force to be reckoned with!

*claps*
1899 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
1899 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
The acts in tonight's TOP 2 in NO PARTICULAR ORDER are..
1899 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
Jordan Smith (boozes)! #Boys

Congratulations Jordan, you are through to the Top 12! *claps*
1899 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
The second act in tonight's Top 2 is..
Christina Grimmie (Brandonh1) #Wildcard #Girls

Congratulations Christina, you are through to the Top 12! *claps*
1899 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
The act in 3rd place is..
Matt Terry (aria_grande) #Boys!
1899 days 21 hours ago
TommyD
The act in 4th place is..
Chloe Kohanski (aria_grande) #Girls!

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!